AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-17, 21:02   Link #5061
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Interestingly, despite the development in her abilities as a Flame Haze, there are still people who are much stronger than Shana. Sophie Sawallisch, who was known for destroying notable Crimson Denizens like Ullikummi (during the Earlier Great War) and Decarabia (during the Latter Great War).

And we still have three of the Four Gods of the Earth, which now lead the 1225 Flame Haze in Xanadu.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 21:08   Link #5062
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Interestingly, despite the development in her abilities as a Flame Haze, there are still people who are much stronger than Shana. Sophie Sawallisch, who was known for destroying notable Crimson Denizens like Ullikummi (during the Earlier Great War) and Decarabia (during the Latter Great War).

And we still have three of the Four Gods of the Earth, which now lead the 1225 Flame Haze in Xanadu.
You might say we are on Shakugan no Shana Z now
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 07:47   Link #5063
KiharaRonin

Sounds like a pretty cool story. How does it end?
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 11:02   Link #5064
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Any development in Yuuji and Shana's relationship?
Not much from the previous short story, Hope, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Just asking but are there any Flame Hazes stronger than Shana at this point or is she the strongest Flame Haze?
In my opinion, with her current set of Power of Unrestraint (Shinku, Hien, Shinpan and Danzai) Shana is the most OP Flame Haze in the story, as Flame Haze's strength in SnS is partially decided by the capacity to hold their contracted Crimson Lords. The other factors are their capability to utilize Power of Existence and how they vision their Lords' strength into theirs. While Shana during early story has a great amount of raw PoE inside her, she didn't get accustomed to using yet.

In normal cases, Crimson Lords have to hibernate, making them smaller in size, inside contractors' bodies. When they are forced to wake from hibernation (like getting shot by Trigger Happy), most of their contractor couldn't hold the power and break from the inside in a form of explosion.

On the other hand, as the Great One, Shana could hold Alastor, the God of Crimson Realm and still didn't break after he was forced into his true size. Alastor at that time even said that there's still more space within her body (which is like to me).

Last edited by Elf song; 2017-08-18 at 19:51.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 23:17   Link #5065
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
In this short story, Shana becomes a transfer student in a school in a certain city.

While in the main story, she used torch of Hirai Yukari and assumed her identity, this time Shana goes to school "as who she is" by using the name "Sakai Shana."

Of course, Alastor objected to this and wanted her to use "Carmel" or "Saint-Omer" instead.
so they are married? Sakai Shana seems like she is his wife and do they even kiss in this volume?

also can you spoil us a lot more like a summary if you got the time and you can we would be so grateful and thank you for the replies so far

Last edited by lucasdeis; 2017-08-29 at 00:27.
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 01:24   Link #5066
syzorst
syzorst

Is Yuji mortal not because he doesn't have Snake of Festival inside him anymore. Since he's a solid existence now shouldn't he be be mortal. I hear people say he can lived for centuries or long but I never understood how since he was just a regular human.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 02:19   Link #5067
patcan3609

Even though he is a solid existence, but he is still the contractor of the God of Creation. It was also mentioned that the God of Creation overlooks him, no?
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 22:17   Link #5068
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Is Yuji mortal not because he doesn't have Snake of Festival inside him anymore. Since he's a solid existence now shouldn't he be be mortal. I hear people say he can lived for centuries or long but I never understood how since he was just a regular human.
he's still got the reiji maigo. he is like what johan was or like a lord denizen
Old 2017-09-07, 06:21   Link #5069
Elf song

Reiji Maigo is broken after the creation of Xanadu (it was modified to pull out the Power of Existence from our world's disturbance to create Xanadu). But this is not a problem for Yuji since Xanadu is filled with Power of Existence.

Currently, Yuji is not a human anymore; he already lost his existence completely when he merged with the Snake. The spell activated when he kissed Shana simply made him a solid existence, but didn't make him human again. So he won't age and die, but could live literally forever.

He even mentions that he is still finding a way to describe what he actually is in this latest short story.
Old 2017-09-07, 06:55   Link #5070
Imagine Breaker

^Oh? So Reiji Maigo really broke? Can I still be repaired?

Come to think of it, what use would they have for it currently?

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 05:58   Link #5071
lucasdeis

Quote:
Reiji Maigo is broken after the creation of Xanadu (it was modified to pull out the Power of Existence from our world's disturbance to create Xanadu). But this is not a problem for Yuji since Xanadu is filled with Power of Existence.

Currently, Yuji is not a human anymore; he already lost his existence completely when he merged with the Snake. The spell activated when he kissed Shana simply made him a solid existence, but didn't make him human again. So he won't age and die, but could live literally forever.

He even mentions that he is still finding a way to describe what he actually is in this latest short story.
Could you make a summary if you got the time? we are so eager to know all!
Old 2017-09-12, 10:51   Link #5072
RDNexus

Despite knowing that this thread may be close to dead, I'd like to ask if anyone here who may have read the LNs could list the changes made in all seasons of the series adaptation.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 17:48   Link #5073
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Despite knowing that this thread may be close to dead, I'd like to ask if anyone here who may have read the LNs could list the changes made in all seasons of the series adaptation.
Main change is in S-II. Specifically the first half which is anime original IIRC. S-III changes, I'll need to actually rewatch S-III to remember lol but generally speaking, S-III is quite faithful to the original
Old 2017-09-12, 18:30   Link #5074
RDNexus

I think I remember that Season1 had some adaptation liberties with each arc, not counting with the Anime-Original Season Final Arc.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 10:10   Link #5075
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I think I remember that Season1 had some adaptation liberties with each arc, not counting with the Anime-Original Season Final Arc.
I would chalk those down mainly to JC's writing more than anything else actually since their stuff in those periods had some changes here and there. And of course, characterization was never their strong point. IIRC, you never got a strong impression of the Aizens in the anime beyond that they are a pair of creepy incest twins when they were more fleshed out than that
Old 2017-09-15, 03:50   Link #5076
lucasdeis

Who do you think would win the fight

Shana vs Sabrac
Shana vs Sydonay
Old 2017-09-15, 12:23   Link #5077
Elf song

Quote:
That's a lot if you ask me

The one I still remember is how Friagne died in Season 1 (cut by Shana). While the movie version is more truthful to the novel (get blasted by Alastor), it added Margery Daw into Friagne arc instead.
Old 2017-09-15, 20:55   Link #5078
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I would chalk those down mainly to JC's writing more than anything else actually since their stuff in those periods had some changes here and there. And of course, characterization was never their strong point. IIRC, you never got a strong impression of the Aizens in the anime beyond that they are a pair of creepy incest twins when they were more fleshed out than that
Disagree, they were characterized enough. It's just that the foreign viewers took things at face value and didn't try to understand why Sorath (He-Who-Loves-Himself) and Tiriel (One-Indulged-in-Love-of-Others) acted the way they did, and when people longed for more, the story arc ends.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 21:09   Link #5079
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That's a lot if you ask me

The one I still remember is how Friagne died in Season 1 (cut by Shana). While the movie version is more truthful to the novel (get blasted by Alastor), it added Margery Daw into Friagne arc instead.
Didn't Friagne get eaten by Alastor in S1 also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
Who do you think would win the fight

Shana vs Sabrac
Shana vs Sydonay
Should be Sydonay in the second instance (barring Alastor intervening). He's stronger than virtually every Flame Haze IIRC. First one seems pretty even
Old 2017-09-17, 00:36   Link #5080
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Didn't Friagne get eaten by Alastor in S1 also?

Should be Sydonay in the second instance (barring Alastor intervening). He's stronger than virtually every Flame Haze IIRC. First one seems pretty even
i cant believe shana would lose against sydonay... hmmm if thats the case im sure if she trains a few years she'd surely defeat him

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen