AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-27, 06:48   Link #741
ffx800

in episode 00, why did yuki attack mikuru after that "mikuru beam"?
in episode 08 (storyline-wise), what's with the "Scarab healed your wounds!"? it feels sick.
in episode 06 (sw), when yuki said "I individually also want you to come back," is YOU in that statement plural or singular? does she like kyon?
Old 2007-10-27, 08:17   Link #742
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffx800 View Post
in episode 00, why did yuki attack mikuru after that "mikuru beam"?
Spoiler:
Quote:
in episode 08 (storyline-wise), what's with the "Scarab healed your wounds!"? it feels sick.
Spoiler:
Quote:
in episode 06 (sw), when yuki said "I individually also want you to come back," is YOU in that statement plural or singular? does she like kyon?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-27, 23:04   Link #743
ffx800

in episode 04, Yuki said, "i specialize in data manipulation". does that mean there are different types of aliens?

so in episode 00, if i get it right, Koizumi had that "real" power at the rooftop? so, what's the reaction of haruhi after seeing that?

BAH. ok ok. i'll read the novel. >.<
Old 2007-11-05, 00:50   Link #744
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffx800 View Post
in episode 04, Yuki said, "i specialize in data manipulation". does that mean there are different types of aliens?

so in episode 00, if i get it right, Koizumi had that "real" power at the rooftop? so, what's the reaction of haruhi after seeing that?

BAH. ok ok. i'll read the novel. >.<
-Well they're *all* data aliens. But Nagato does seem to be distinct from the others because Ryoko was her "subordinate." Koizumi theorizes that Nagato is more important amongst her kind than she lets on. In any case, in that specific instance, she was just "cleaning up."

Aside from which, maybe the translation is a bit off. Maybe what Nagato really means to say is that she can do these things while most people can't. "I am android. These are my functions. Commence? (y/n)"

-Maybe. Does it really matter? The anime is deliberately vague on the issue. Besides, if Haruhi can make Mikuru shoot death rays and rifle bullets out her eyes, then Koizumi manifesting his powers is just par for the course.
Old 2007-11-05, 03:55   Link #745
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Just a question, how many volumes does the anime cover for the novel...
Old 2007-11-05, 14:29   Link #746
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Just a question, how many volumes does the anime cover for the novel...
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...uzumiya_Haruhi

Three.

The main arc is the entire story content of the first novel.

The second novel is about the SOS Brigade making the Mikuru movie. In the anime, you only get to see the movie itself.

The third novel is a collection of short stories that aren't actually part of the main story arc. The only exception is the story "Live a Live," which is actually in novel #6. "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" is never shown in the anime although it is in the third volume. However, because Bamboo Leaf is so important story-wise, it is commonly assumed that the sequel to the series will have to include it.

EDIT: Also, I love that avatar.
Old 2007-11-06, 21:02   Link #747
DevilMayCare

Ok, I have a question:

Apparently, in the previews for the next episode, Haruhi names the episode number that follows chronologically. Well, I was watching episode 05 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3). Chronologically, the episode that follows is supposed to be episode 10 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4), but in the preview she says the one that's supposed to follow is episode 09. What's up with that?
Old 2007-11-06, 21:03   Link #748
Takuto19
Yarrrr

I was wondering something about the Novel, is it different from normal manga? As in is it just writing with a few pictures or is it manga style with drawings on every page?

Been wondering if i should just read the translation of them.
Old 2007-11-06, 21:15   Link #749
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

A novel is a novel and a manga is a manga.. There is no novel that's like a manga, otherwise it'll be called a novel...

Basically it's just a novel, don't expect it to be like a manga....
Old 2007-11-07, 01:57   Link #750
ffx800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...uzumiya_Haruhi

Three.

The main arc is the entire story content of the first novel.

The second novel is about the SOS Brigade making the Mikuru movie. In the anime, you only get to see the movie itself.

The third novel is a collection of short stories that aren't actually part of the main story arc. The only exception is the story "Live a Live," which is actually in novel #6. "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" is never shown in the anime although it is in the third volume. However, because Bamboo Leaf is so important story-wise, it is commonly assumed that the sequel to the series will have to include it.

EDIT: Also, I love that avatar.
eh? i think the season2 will start with the beginning of volume2 of the novel? so they aren't gonna explain the whole thing about the movie? sad.
Old 2007-11-07, 08:25   Link #751
Hybrid0147

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
Ok, I have a question:

Apparently, in the previews for the next episode, Haruhi names the episode number that follows chronologically. Well, I was watching episode 05 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3). Chronologically, the episode that follows is supposed to be episode 10 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4), but in the preview she says the one that's supposed to follow is episode 09. What's up with that?
Well, when it broadcast here, the episode follows chronologically(Part 3 > Part4). And yeah, you're right only that part that Haruhi say it wrong. I wanna know why too? >,<
Old 2007-11-08, 07:10   Link #752
AnimeL0ver
Just call me ojisan

Send a message via MSN to AnimeL0ver
just wondering...is there any possiblity that season 2 will come out?
Old 2007-11-08, 14:35   Link #753
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's already confirmed that season 2 is in production, and the sneak preview from a 'vital' segment of the Haruhi storyline was shown.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-11-08, 20:38   Link #754
DevilMayCare

I have another question:

The driver of the car when Itsuki explains the anthropic principle to Kyon, was he the butler from Remote Island Syndrome?
Old 2007-11-09, 18:58   Link #755
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
my stupid little question: what is with episode 13 of season 1? Um, just air space????
Old 2007-11-09, 21:13   Link #756
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

dpryciak:calm before the storm.
devilmaycare: Yes, that was Arakawa.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-11-10, 08:53   Link #757
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Thankee...

and WHAT is a camel cricket????

Last edited by dpryciak; 2007-11-10 at 08:55. Reason: found my own answer
Old 2007-11-13, 20:40   Link #758
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

ffx800
Believe me, Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is the more interesting story than the one where they're making the movie. Oh and if you're reading this: spoilers.

DevilMayCare
The driver is never explicitly shown to be Arakawa. In the novel, I think Kyon takes notice of the fact that the driver seems to ignore their odd conversation. There are not many taxi drivers who'd ignore a conversation about some school girl being God. So it is implied that he is somebody from Itsuki's Organization. I don't even think this is the last time he has a taxi cab conversation with Kyon. It hardly matters though.

dpryciak
Cave cricket, not camel cricket. I assume they live in caves and look like crickets.
Old 2007-11-16, 22:47   Link #759
DevilMayCare

Another question: Who was the woman in the beginning of Remote Island Syndrome Part 1?
Old 2007-11-17, 16:42   Link #760
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Older Makoto Sawatari from Kanon

Seriously now, no one really knows. It's just a red herring.
Closed Thread