AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-05-28, 18:24   Link #201
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I wouldn't mind seeing some of Tokimeki Tonight fansubbed.

Note that it has nothing to do with Tokimeki Memorial =P

I've also suggest Tokimeki Tonight several pages back in this thread.

Anime Miners did 2 DVDs with fansubs of Tokimeki Tonight:

v1: The Secret of Etranger

v2: Ranze Goes to Demonworld

You can request copies of the DVDs at Technogirls' anime on DVD-R distribution
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 19:11   Link #202
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

http://cartoons.metropoliglobal.com/...candy_open1.rm

Candy Candy anyone? PLEASEE At least on VHS.... black and white and I even don't care.......

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-05-29 at 01:31.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 19:52   Link #203
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
I've also suggest Tokimeki Tonight several pages back in this thread.

Anime Miners did 2 DVDs with fansubs of Tokimeki Tonight:

[...]

You can request copies of the DVDs at Technogirls' anime on DVD-R distribution
I know about the DVDs already, but I'd like to hear about them from someone who has bought them before I order them. Nothing against Anime Miners and the quality of the conversion, but I've payed for too many crappy VHS to DVD releases to simply buy it uninformed.

I'm also now curious about this Curious Violet who takes digisubs, remasters them, puts them on DVDs and sells them.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:37   Link #204
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I know about the DVDs already, but I'd like to hear about them from someone who has bought them before I order them.
I have them and they're of excellent quality, as all of the Anime Miners releases (I have all of them). If I didn't knew they're from a VHS commercial release source, I'd think they were from a better source.

You should also keep in mind that it isn't a fansub done on tape and them digitally captured. They took the original Japanese commercial tapes (and you won't find it in better quality, as Tokimeki Tonight was never released on LD or DVD), capture the video and them subbed it to DVD.

And the translation are top rate, as it's done by a native speaker of Japanese (born and raised in Japan, living in the USA these days).
Old 2004-05-28, 23:20   Link #205
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Lets see my top ten huh.

10. Sakikage Cromartie High
9. Sakikage Cromartie High
8. Sakikage Cromartie High
7. Sakikage Cromartie High
6. Sakikage Cromartie High
5. Sakikage Cromartie High
4. Sakikage Cromartie High
3. Sakikage Cromartie High
2. Sakikage Cromartie High
and my number one is
1. Sakikage Cromartie High!!!!!!

So whos up for the challenge? XD

Seriously whoever finishes it will be the coolest group evar!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 10:28   Link #206
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu

http://cartoons.metropoliglobal.com/...candy_open1.rm

Candy Candy anyone? PLEASEE At least on VHS.... black and white and I even don't care.......

:'( Candy....I love Candy Candy....but I haven't seen Georgie, which is from Yumiko Igarashi, the illustrator of Candy Candy. I doubt you could find fansubs or make fansubs of it, because Igarashi and Kyoko Mizuki (the writer) have been in a fight ever since the late 90's about the copyright of Candy Candy. You see, Yumiko Igarashi started selling Candy Merchandise that was illegal, and.....yeah.. It's a long story.
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:53   Link #207
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

@ kuru - That's what I wanted to hear.

/me orders the DVDs.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 21:49   Link #208
silviachan

Other ones I'd like to see fansubbed:

Nurse angel Ririka sos (by the same author of Tokimeki tonighit)
Tonde! Burin

They seem to be nice...
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 12:34   Link #209
FiRe_RoSe82
SaKuRa-HiMe

Send a message via Yahoo to FiRe_RoSe82
Hmm.. I'm waiting for Gravion Zwei to be fansub!!
FiRe_RoSe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 08:17   Link #210
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
I looked through the pages and couldn't find it. Is anyone even considering doing "Ashita no Joe"? The great 70s boxing anime which was so popular in Japan that when one of the characters died they held a funeral for him.
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 09:07   Link #211
Star11

Exclamation unfair!

[QUOTE=Otakuboy T]I don't mean to sound rude or annoying but here is my wish list in top 10 format of what I'd like to see subbed.

10. Sailormoon R #67, ADV was not able to get Toei to put this episode on the DVD set, and it was not dubbed. It's kinda grey area, but come on! Not to mention out of 200 episodes it the olny episode I have NOT seen.

I have all the Heart Collection (Sailor Moon S) and Pegasus Collection (super S). Do those sets have all the complete episodes from those seasons?
Sailor Moon R is the second season uncut I have seen in the stores? How could they leave out an episode?? I am shocked. Was it shown on T.V? I am meaning to get the season 1 and 2 uncut sets sometime soon, but now that i know there's an episode left out...
Star11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 16:53   Link #212
Mermer

Send a message via AIM to Mermer Send a message via MSN to Mermer
Tommy, they licensed Sakigake Cromartie High...along with my precious Mermaid Melody

I really want someone to do Pastel Yumi and Sweet Mint. I know Live-Evil is loaded with projects right now, but they're doing such an awesome job with Creamy Mami and Fairy Persia, that I think they'd do great with these two.

As far as older animes go, provided the series is completed, and not licensed, I go to www.boxtorrents.com. Licensing seems to be a touchy subject, I'm still learning the do's and don't's about discussing licensed anime. At any rate, if anyone knows of any groups subbing Pastel Yumi or Sweet Mint, PLEASE let me know!
Mermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 17:27   Link #213
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermer
Tommy, they licensed Sakigake Cromartie High...along with my precious Mermaid Melody

I really want someone to do Pastel Yumi and Sweet Mint. I know Live-Evil is loaded with projects right now, but they're doing such an awesome job with Creamy Mami and Fairy Persia, that I think they'd do great with these two.

As far as older animes go, provided the series is completed, and not licensed, I go to www.boxtorrents.com. Licensing seems to be a touchy subject, I'm still learning the do's and don't's about discussing licensed anime. At any rate, if anyone knows of any groups subbing Pastel Yumi or Sweet Mint, PLEASE let me know!
We're not going to do Mint or Yumi yet (although we have the DVD raws) but do not rule them out a year or two down the line. After Creamy Mami we will be replacing it with Idol Legend Eriko (a fine replacement if you ask me!)

-Tofu (of Live-eviL fansubs)
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 18:02   Link #214
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermer
Look the mahoushoujo team is already at full capacity with Mami and Pelsia, you can't just assign an ordinary person who doesn't like mahoushoujo or has no idea what mahoushoujo is to do the mahoushoujo title. Sure you can think they will 'cute up' and get over it, learn to love it, but that's not what happens. In reality they flip out, go insane, whine, pout, leave the group, yell, regress to infancy, or the like. Mahoushoujo is just too much for most people, more than they can handle.

Fans begging doesn't get things done, only people, people that are willing to work on such titles and not just talk about doing them or suggest other groups doing them.

You're OK with Yumi's voice? Sweet Mint, Tonde Buurin, Eriko (as mentioned), there's a lot of things to do before getting to Yumi (IMO).

"90's about the copyright of Candy Candy. You see, Yumiko Igarashi started selling Candy Merchandise that was illegal, and.....yeah.. It's a long story."
Yeah that's too bad, no video release of Candy Candy _period_, no VHS, no DVD, no LD, and it never re-airs on TV either... can't even get the bunko anymore, argh...
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 18:24   Link #215
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Access
Yeah that's too bad, no video release of Candy Candy _period_, no VHS, no DVD, no LD, and it never re-airs on TV either... can't even get the bunko anymore, argh...
There are rental VHS copies in Japan... I know exactly where to get them from, if I'm ever back in Tokyo.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 19:08   Link #216
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
We're not going to do Mint or Yumi yet (although we have the DVD raws) but do not rule them out a year or two down the line. After Creamy Mami we will be replacing it with Idol Legend Eriko (a fine replacement if you ask me!)

-Tofu (of Live-eviL fansubs)
Eriko is a fine replacement, but I think Pastel Yumi would be even better. I have the Pastel Yumi LD box but would really like to see it subbed at some time.
Old 2004-06-09, 19:35   Link #217
Mermer

Send a message via AIM to Mermer Send a message via MSN to Mermer
I meant no disrespect to Tofusensei, or anyone over at Live-Evil. I just meant that since the animes were similar to what they were doing, and that I find their work to be excellent and easy to understand, that I'm sure they would do an incredible job on these as well. It doesn't really matter how long it takes. No need to be so harsh -.-

And if Tofusensei recommends Idol Legend Eriko, then I'll be sure to check it out.

Also, in no way am I begging, or pressuring them in any way. Just the fact that they can do it amazes me (I can't understand a word of Japanese atm). So please, try not to misunderstand my posts and jump down my throat.
Mermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 19:46   Link #218
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Eriko is a fine replacement, but I think Pastel Yumi would be even better. I have the Pastel Yumi LD box but would really like to see it subbed at some time.
Have you had any luck capturing the LDs? Maybe my LD player is too old (1975) but the color saturation and exposure seems to be all over the place on these LDs. Even if I set the parameter to an arbitrarily high level there are still parts of the video that are seriously overexposed and most of it is underexposed. With Yumi many people would complain that the tone of her voice is too low I think. The LDs themselves are just fine, there is no 'LD rot' or anything like that.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 20:35   Link #219
Dani

Gokinjo Monogatari (Neighborhood Story) and the rest of Kaikan Phrase. Also Angelique. Then I can die happy.

Older shoujo in general would be nice.
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 21:08   Link #220
Joji
TL

Send a message via AIM to Joji
Warau Salesman!!! Somebody find me raws!!
Joji is offline   Reply With Quote