Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-14, 10:30   Link #21
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
bullshit
cant be real
if yammi is the strongest espada then why does he get pushed around by uliq like an idiot (he punches him at one point and call him an idiot)
he gets mocked by grimmjow for getting beat up by ichigo and the other espada said that if uliq hadnt brought his arm back after ichigo cut it off he would have been kicked off the espada
none of this makes ANY sense
uliq even said that espada above 4th are forbidden to release under the dome
wasnt it yammi who was shown as the ajukas level sample
i'm calling bullshit
even if its true, its still bullshit
Old 2009-04-14, 10:45   Link #22
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Here's the new plot twist Kubo doesn't want anyone to know.

Inoue is actually the mastermind behind it all. Everything has been a stage act.
That would be awesome though

Inoue being the mastermind and betraying Kurosaki-kun for real... that would make my day
Old 2009-04-14, 11:04   Link #23
Irkalla
I asked for this

So what is Kubo Tits tripping on this week?

Seriously, was he hit by a brick on the head or something. The latest chapters make me wanna drop Bleach all together...
Old 2009-04-14, 11:04   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
So what is Kubo Tits tripping on this week?
I think an 8-Ball this week.
Old 2009-04-14, 11:08   Link #25
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think an 8-Ball this week.

we need moar Aizen... Kubo please...
Old 2009-04-14, 11:09   Link #26
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Seriously, The storyline has just gotten stranger and stranger...im beginning to think the person who replaced kishimoto has returned and taken kubo too
Old 2009-04-14, 11:10   Link #27
Fran~
floating away...

it's the same editor!!!...
Old 2009-04-14, 12:00   Link #28
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
bullshit
cant be real
if yammi is the strongest espada then why does he get pushed around by uliq like an idiot (he punches him at one point and call him an idiot)
he gets mocked by grimmjow for getting beat up by ichigo and the other espada said that if uliq hadnt brought his arm back after ichigo cut it off he would have been kicked off the espada
none of this makes ANY sense
uliq even said that espada above 4th are forbidden to release under the dome
wasnt it yammi who was shown as the ajukas level sample
i'm calling bullshit
even if its true, its still bullshit
Don't question plot holes mmm'kay?
Old 2009-04-14, 12:01   Link #29
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Don't question plot holes mmm'kay?
Don't forget folks, Kubo is king of inconsistencies (b '_')b
Old 2009-04-14, 13:09   Link #30
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
page1 - "completely recovered"? wonder what that really meant

page2 - Ulqiorra probably wasn't joking when he told Yammy to take on the Captains UNOHANA!

Spoiler for size(chpt343:

btw, isn't it funny how nobody pays attention to Ulqi's flashback/Toushiro's approaching death?

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2009-04-14 at 13:42.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:35   Link #31
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
So... Yami IS stronger than Ulqui?

lol. Just... lol. The way it happened seems so... forced.
As almost everything in this arc. After Ichigo's transformation, i simply stopped to care and enjoy whatever Kubo toss at us.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:53   Link #32
Nobodyman9
Banned

Honestly, this makes absolutely no sense. Yammy got his frickin' arm ripped off and got bitch-slapped by Ulquiorra. Not to mention it was stated that the Espadas rank 1-10. I'm calling shenanigans on Kubo.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:04   Link #33
SimplyAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Honestly, this makes absolutely no sense. Yammy got his frickin' arm ripped off and got bitch-slapped by Ulquiorra. Not to mention it was stated that the Espadas rank 1-10. I'm calling shenanigans on Kubo.
It's called a plot twist. Granted, while Bleach is full of'em, I can't quite understand why so many people are upset by this. Yeah, Yammy doesn't appear to be your typical "strongest" of the group, but more or less that dumb lanky who looks big, but compared to the smaller guys is really pretty terrible.

(I hate to say this, as it's an awful reference, but he almost always seemed like the "Nappa" pf the group)

But, at the same time, that's what makes it interesting. I mean, you gotta think, you KNEW they were leading up to this in some way. He wouldn't have been getting bigger for no reason. Not only that, but with that whole "You've fully recovered" line ... you know it was leading to something.

And also ... he sort of HAD to get SOME sort of "power up" or something unexpected, considering the fact that Rukia managed to defeat the level 9 Espada. So by the same logic of the Espada ranks, she'd be able to defeat anyone lower than that, or they wouldn't be considered weaker. So, being Shonen, it's not like they are just going to give the good characters an "easy win" by mauling over Yammy like he's nothing simply because he was considered lower.

Perhaps this means we'll get to see some more action from the Captains stuck in Hueco Mundo?

Here's something I'd like to know though ... You would think Aizen would be the kind of guy that would rank the Espada based on their potential power. that being said, ALL ARRANCAR have a release. Therefore he must have known of Yammy's (Hell he knows everything apparently anyway, excluding Ulq's second release), so why would he rank him so low? I mean with Ulq it makes sense, if he really is stronger than 1-3, simply because nobody else knew of his second release, however, the way Yammy descibes it, is once he releases he's just the bset. Period. So what about Stark's release? Is it just not that good compared to Yammy?

The only hypothesis I can come up with to explain that comes back to the line of "you've fully recovered". Something would have had to have happened to Yammy that "sealed" the majority of his power for a while preventing him from being ranked number 0. I dunno.

This post was far longer than I intended it to be. Oh well.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:05   Link #34
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Plot twists are good if done right, but Kubo is using them like their candy is seriously fking shit up bad with the constant twisting.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:34   Link #35
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Yammi is Cero Espada ? Hoo, boy...

If being #0 really means he's the strongest, then I give Kubo respect just for so blatantly breaking the stereotype of the big dumb bruiser always being the weakest boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Plot twists are good if done right, but Kubo is using them like their candy is seriously fking shit up bad with the constant twisting.
I have to agree the plot twist leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Though generally, the chapters turn out better than the summaries let on.

I mean, Yammi was taking so much crap all this time. Getting his butt kicked by Urahara and Yourichi, GJ talking smack about him getting beat, Ulq whipping up on him, Luppi treating him like a sidekick. For someone with such a temper, Yammi showed unbelievable restraint by not just releasing and kicking everyone's ass (though he almost did against Ichigo) . There's other stuff too like Ulq mentioning to Ichigo that there were 3 espada stronger than him not 4, so either Ulq didn't know or it's just a plot-hole.

And Yammi's release power...growing really big. That seems kind of lame. I mean sure it makes sense that your strength and durability increase in proportion but if he's still going to be big, dumb and slow, he'll still seem lame even if he's stronger than everyone else. That's why the big guys are always getting beat in the first place, everyone want to see cool guys with cool abilities win not someone who wins because they can just stomp on everybody.

Oh well, I guess I'll wait to see where this goes before I really rant. At least this settles the question of Ulq's strength indirectly. If his tattoo didn't change like Yammi's after he released, then he was still #4 in strength regardless.

Old 2009-04-14, 14:39   Link #36
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
^ It's a cheap plot twist. The main villain of this arc was Ulq, who didn't get a great sending off in the first place. This is another kick in the nuts in that respect.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:46   Link #37
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

You wanna know where Kubo F'd it?

Yammi has already been established as a weakling, if Yammi haven't been pushed around like a little girl throughout the manga, it would've be more believable.

Kubo literally pulled this one out of his ass.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:48   Link #38
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I'm usually the first one to defend Kubo's plot twists. Not because they're always good, but because I love Bleach and look for positives where I can. But this would just be a complete joke. The espada have been humiliated enough already without this affront. If Yammi's above Stark, Halibel and Barrigan, then what credibility have they left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I mean, Yammi was taking so much crap all this time. Getting his butt kicked by Urahara and Yourichi, GJ talking smack about him getting beat, Ulq whipping up on him, Luppi treating him like a sidekick.
Well stated, and you have an airtight case without even mentioning that Ichigo sliced his arm off effortlessly, and Ishida dispatched him easily.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:52   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Okay, first of all, why I think Yammy is NOT entitled to a power-up of any kind and an important position in the plot: his character is that of a lesser evil person who doesn't care about anything, he has the air of a foot soldier who was meant to die in a surprise power-up attack of a hero. Getting him to be Zero is only acceptable if Stark's release gets him a big "-" next to his 1, and he becomes the nega espada, ranked -1!
Old 2009-04-14, 14:52   Link #40
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I'm waiting for negative value Espadas to show up soon
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion