AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 32 21.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 30.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 28.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-07, 14:17   Link #41
tcaz2

I liked this episode, actually.

Spoiler for for the episode:

As for the budget thing, by the way, I don't even know why people keep bringing up "But DEEN doesn't have that much budget! They had to cut it!"

I don't think anybody really cares about them. People look at results for things like this, especially from people that are supposed to be professionals, not why they do it the way they do it.

Frankly, I could care less if DEEN was made up of one person with no arms, sick and dying in bed, using his own pocket money to make the anime. They're a professional company that bought the rights to animate the series, and I expect them to do it well.

Anyway, giving this episode an 8/10.
Old 2009-10-07, 14:21   Link #42
Leinne
Who... am I?

Having watched a proper Raw my thoughts
Spoiler for Thoughts:

Last edited by Leinne; 2009-10-07 at 16:29.
Old 2009-10-07, 14:40   Link #43
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
I liked the episode, even though I found it to be over just a bit too fast, maybe because there wasn't that much actual content compared to episodes we've grown accustomed to.

I liked Eva Beatrices introduction and I love her voice actually. It is screechy and evil, just like I imagined from this spoiled brat of a witch when reading about it in the VN.
I don't quite understand why people say her voice is similar to normal Eva which is not the case at all...she sounds like a good 10 years younger and at a minimum 2-3 levels higher...don't know if it's just me, but I think it came across really well when "Eva's" voice changed after Maria asked her who she is.

Regarding the usual bitching about DEEN, I would just love it if people could just stop screaming 'DEEEEEEEEEEEEEN' at every occasion...it really starts getting annoying, kinda like a child who doesn't get his candy, or to keep the similee, a Maria who doesn't get her rose.

People can say 'They shouldn't do an adaption if they can't afford to please me' all they want, but that's a good indication that it may be better to stop watching...I stopped watching Pandora Hearts because I thought the colour palette was lacking and the seiyuu were weak compared to what I imagined.

Maybe money isn't always an excuse, but you have to take into account what it must cost to animate Umineko even compared to Higurashi.
They don't only have to pay Ryukishi himself, but also the individual composers, and YES as far as I know it goes track by track. And you have to admit it is cheaper to take your own music-assistent, seat him in front of an e-piano and let him play something that fits, rather than paying another X-amount of money for a track which they may want to use at another occasion where it fits better.
They did that for the whole Higurashi Anime...if they would air it today I think the server would crash every week facing the amount of bashing.

OT: Why did KyoAni set the bar of VN-adaptions high again?!
Old 2009-10-07, 14:44   Link #44
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
I liked the episode, even though I found it to be over just a bit too fast, maybe because there wasn't that much actual content compared to episodes we've grown accustomed to.

I liked Eva Beatrices introduction and I love her voice actually. It is screechy and evil, just like I imagined from this spoiled brat of a witch when reading about it in the VN.
I don't quite understand why people say her voice is similar to normal Eva which is not the case at all...she sounds like a good 10 years younger and at a minimum 2-3 levels higher...don't know if it's just me, but I think it came across really well when "Eva's" voice changed after Maria asked her who she is.

Regarding the usual bitching about DEEN, I would just love it if people could just stop screaming 'DEEEEEEEEEEEEEN' at every occasion...it really starts getting annoying, kinda like a child who doesn't get his candy, or to keep the similee, a Maria who doesn't get her rose.

People can say 'They shouldn't do an adaption if they can't afford to please me' all they want, but that's a good indication that it may be better to stop watching...I stopped watching Pandora Hearts because I thought the colour palette was lacking and the seiyuu were weak compared to what I imagined.

Maybe money isn't always an excuse, but you have to take into account what it must cost to animate Umineko even compared to Higurashi.
They don't only have to pay Ryukishi himself, but also the individual composers, and YES as far as I know it goes track by track. And you have to admit it is cheaper to take your own music-assistent, seat him in front of an e-piano and let him play something that fits, rather than paying another X-amount of money for a track which they may want to use at another occasion where it fits better.
They did that for the whole Higurashi Anime...if they would air it today I think the server would crash every week facing the amount of bashing.

OT: Why did KyoAni set the bar of VN-adaptions high again?!
Then they should not have paid for the adaptation if they could not afford the individual tracks.
Old 2009-10-07, 14:46   Link #45
MarthX

Do us a favor and stop watching and posting here if you're gonna complain about everything.

You even gave episode 12 a 1/10. You're a hopeless fanboy.
Old 2009-10-07, 14:49   Link #46
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

It's really too much to expect things to be perfect. So they overplay Suspicion and skipped Happiness of Marionette... the main things I'm worried about are the voice acting, animation quality, and the scenes they decide to show. If they have to sacrifice a track in order to show a well made scene, then so be it... if you want to hear every single track played at just the right moment that badly, then play the visual novel.

Old 2009-10-07, 14:50   Link #47
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post

Yet again, why should I care what DEEN is spending or not spending? Their money doesn't matter to me. The series does. People pushing that I should care about their money problems when I don't even know them always baffles me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
It's really too much to expect things to be perfect. So they overplay Suspicion and skipped Happiness of Marionette... the main things I'm worried about are the voice acting, animation quality, and the scenes they decide to show. If they have to sacrifice a track in order to show a well made scene, then so be it... if you want to hear every single track played at just the right moment that badly, then play the visual novel.
We shouldn't have to play the visual novel to get what we want from the ANIME.

EDIT again: Though I don't mind if they play the 'wrong music', as long as it fits the scene. Nighteyes in this episode and System0 in episode 8 both did well, despite not being what was played in those scenes in the VN.
Old 2009-10-07, 14:51   Link #48
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
i'd love this episode if it wasn't for the coronation scene. wasn't so happy as i imagined it and it lacked emotion in general. i loved the bgm that played there but it didn't fit the whole scene. also, cutting the clapping thing, i thought this scene was important?
Old 2009-10-07, 14:51   Link #49
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post

If they have to sacrifice a track in order to show a well made scene, then so be it... if you want to hear every single track played at just the right moment that badly, then play the visual novel.
NOBODY WANTS THAT as Klashikari said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The problem isn't actually why they didn't use X or Y track. The problem is: why do they use some of them, but then just misplace others or totally ignore some. That's how I see the reactions
Old 2009-10-07, 14:55   Link #50
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Oh well... it can't be helped anymore (unless some other studio decides to redo Umineko all together). I'm sorry for being a hypocrite too, if you feel a scene wasn't done justice then you have the right to feel that way. Just as I have said in the past. ._.

It certainly would be nice if they did insert the right tracks for the notable scenes though...

Old 2009-10-07, 15:01   Link #51
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Question

if budget is such a problem, couldn't they just make more anime-only music and use the game one when it's really needed?
and it would be nice if they placed them in the right moments...
Old 2009-10-07, 15:03   Link #52
Marion
The Great Dine

And so the first mystery girl from the OP sequence is revealed.

As tvtropes put it in far better words: Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Eva-Beatrice~

Spoiler for Review:

Long review yes, but wow. Except some very minor things I liked this episode.
Old 2009-10-07, 15:15   Link #53
June 1983

The whole music thing is just so bizarre to me. Who is in charge of the music, anyway? For some reason I actually thought it was dai (who composed happiness of marionette himself!) but maybe he's just advising and someone else is the composer? I don't understand it. I've liked a lot of the original music they've used and I haven't complained too much about things being left out/remixes (most of which I liked, and I'm also not a Dread of the Grave fan, I think it's cheesy), but happiness of marionette being left out bums me out. Maybe they are saving it for a later scene, but that's stupid. The coronation scene IS the happiness of marionette scene.
Old 2009-10-07, 15:24   Link #54
Marion
The Great Dine

According to animenewsnetwork Akira Yoshikawa and Gō Wakabayashi are music producers (Akira worked on the Higurashi anime too), but the original music (not from the game) came from Masatoshi Moriwaki and Shinichi Sakurai. No mention of the composer though.
Old 2009-10-07, 15:25   Link #55
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I like Bern's gradient eyes now better. They seem even more lifeless to me, which fits her character.

Old 2009-10-07, 15:27   Link #56
June 1983

Hm, I don't know where I got that idea about dai being involved in it then. Oh well.

Here is Happiness of Marionette for any anime-only viewers who want to hear it:

Old 2009-10-07, 15:30   Link #57
Marion
The Great Dine

Well dai and others are listed as thank yous in the ED credits, since the original compositions did come from them. But no, neither Umineko or Higurashi had their original music composers (well at least the original compositions for Umineko are better than Kawai's generic spooky tracks, but that's another story for another board on this forum )
Old 2009-10-07, 15:52   Link #58
ameskitty
Kupo

No happiness of marionette, true, but I liked the replacement so whatever.

There's another, more important track later in this episode that I will sorely miss if it's cut, though, so I'll be listening for it .

Spoiler for the episode:
Old 2009-10-07, 16:03   Link #59
urusai

Well, look at the bright side, at least they didn't use Suspicion for that scene.
Old 2009-10-07, 16:04   Link #60
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
i'd love this episode if it wasn't for the coronation scene. wasn't so happy as i imagined it and it lacked emotion in general. i loved the bgm that played there but it didn't fit the whole scene. also, cutting the clapping thing, i thought this scene was important?
i forgot to mention, but it hit me when rewatching the episode:
is it just me or Evatrice didn't look like she was having fun? [when killing Rosa and Maria] i got the feeling she's just plain angry untill she started laughing.
i thought she'd have a huge, stupid smile plastered on her face all the time. XD (kinda like here)
it kinda felt like she wanted to have fun but failed to do so untill she got the cake idea. XD no clue why i feel like that.
Closed Thread