AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 19:57   Link #23381
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Is it ever explained where the units get the load of ammo they always use?
Old 2012-02-22, 19:58   Link #23382
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well, much like a computer, the hacking ability is more dependent on the skill of the user

The QMC, now that I think about it, is essentially the IS core sans the AI and energy production :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 20:02   Link #23383
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
The same, data to material conversion. Hence they still have to reload despite technically has unlimited ammo.

@ Demi
Definitely correct, just don't let Tabane have it
(or maybe she already did )
Old 2012-02-22, 20:05   Link #23384
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I really want to see human vs IS fighting n even ground is that bad?
Old 2012-02-22, 20:06   Link #23385
Eratas123

So they have unlimited ammo? Anyway, why are they building weapons for it? They're supposed to be sprts machines, so why is every upgrade some kind of weapon or booster? Shouldn't they at least be trying to make it seem like they're following the treaty?

@ Demi - Near impossible. THat's why I revamped Irish.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:06   Link #23386
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Bad

It's very, very bad.

@ Eras
The sport in question is gladiatorial match, think non-lethal war. As long as the weapon doesn't directly damage the pilot (such as electroshock weapon) it is allowed, Laura's cable launcher is somewhat borderline as it was used to restrain, bus she sued it against the pilot anyway, it's legal but definitely unethical and she can easily disqualified if not for *cough*someone*cough*.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:08   Link #23387
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: it was already mentioned that they were in cold war during chapter 3 when Tabane smashed the whole point of the arms race with Akatsubaki.

On the subject of human vs IS: Guess the closest I can get is using Sieglinde
Old 2012-02-22, 20:12   Link #23388
Eratas123

@ Demi - If you see an IS, you either run away from it if you want to live or towards it if you want to get smashed to paste.

@ Senpai - So the IS are just used for gladiator matches? That'll get old after a while.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:21   Link #23389
gbatemper

Character's name Kouzuki Yuuko

Looks (Hair style, color/eyes/physical profile/etc...) Long Purple Hair.
Alignment (good/evil/chaotic/lawful etc...) Morally Grey, but good.
Personality: Cunning, manipulative, somewhat arrogant
Powers (Device/Specialization/Combat Style/etc...) Genius Scientist
Background (What hole did he/she crawl out of) Works for a shady ANTI-IS company. They specialize in creating weapons that can easily destroy IS's. Devices ranges from ANTI-IS long range weaponry, anti-is assault rifles, shield negating camouflaged air mines. They "claim" to fight illegal IS, and defend countries from IS terrorism by selling them ANTI-IS weaponry.

The newest experimental weapon is a self replicating nanomachine. Infects the IS machine, and renders it and its user useless. Corrupts IS software and overloads the users brain controls. Very unstable, and if not used in a controlled enviroment, can cause damage equivalent to 9.0 earthquake according small scale computer testing.

Anything else you can think of:
Nanomachine was given to child soldier Fudou Akira, to infiltrate IS Academy and to test the nanomachine and eliminate potential enemies at the same time. Success rate is estimated to be 50-80% due to Fudou Akira's social inept personality, unlike his prodigy stealth mastery, hand to hand combat, and murder/assassination.

Kozuki Yuuko has no moral bounds. Kill a hundred, save a thousand. At first, she was against sending such a child soldier for such a important mission, which itself was she was against (but went along with her superiors for statistical reasons).
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 20:24   Link #23390
Eratas123

Kinda reminds me of an evil version of Tabane......if she wasn't evil already.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:25   Link #23391
demino_hellsin
That one guy

keep in mind there are only 467 IS units. If you eliminate all of them so easily then the story gets boring. Or if you don't write a story then it sounds less interesting unless you amp up the IS by making them mass produced.

Also, that virus sounds more like a natural disaster than anything and I am utterly confused as to why you compared it to an earthquake.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:28   Link #23392
Eratas123

If a human took out an IS, shit will hit the proverbial fan.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:37   Link #23393
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's not like taking out an I.S. with 'normal' machine get better treatment, even though it's more believable (even a little).

Not that I care, considering I have a couple of nameless redshirt that squished one Stratos-like unit with Improved tank cannon
Old 2012-02-22, 20:39   Link #23394
Eratas123

The IS aren't invincible, they're only as good as the pilot is. I say that a normal human can take out an IS if the pilot's bad enough.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:39   Link #23395
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well that's better than a supersoldier with a rock that acts like a philosopher's stone
Old 2012-02-22, 20:41   Link #23396
agetreme
Just another Idiot

That human might end up being cloned and we will have a Clone war.

Like I mentioned before (AND will repeat over and over again):

Don't think about Killing IS.... it is really bad....

It is like bringing a gun into a Kendo Competition and kill the opponents

or

It is like forcing a nuke to evolve into something resemble an Eldritch Abomination.

Edit: Virus + Self-evolving AI = Nightmare

Moar Edit: Virus has to evolve to cope with evolving AI, meaning the Virus will become powerful enough to overwrite Human mind and infect human with copy of itself. And IS can connect to human's mind, now do the math

======

The definition of Anti-IS weapon don't kill IS, they kill the pilot and it is even stated in the canon that there are weapons which kill pilots.

Edit: They are banned for obvious reason

Moar Edit: I don't get the point of killing Canon characters....
Old 2012-02-22, 20:46   Link #23397
Eratas123

Killing the pilots are useless. As long as the unit and core are intact, they can find another pilot.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:48   Link #23398
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When Tabane learns someone has made something that can compete with IS, she suddenly gets interested and goes all "challenge accepted" then makes IS2...
Old 2012-02-22, 20:48   Link #23399
agetreme
Just another Idiot

That's the definition of Anti-IS for you.

If the core can't be destroyed (made of rare metal which require really powerful weapon(only can be made by IS) to destroy), you kill its weakest link: the pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
When Tabane learns someone has made something that can compee with IS, she suddenly gets interested and goes all "challenge accepted" then makes IS2...
That is another point..... which render the concept of IS-killing weapon useless...
Old 2012-02-22, 20:50   Link #23400
Eratas123

Which is pointless cause there's a billion other pilots there. Taking out the weapons and the resources are the key to destroying an enemy.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest