AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 08:18   Link #101
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for Zexal new monster on 21 !:

I'm Gaga. *___*
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 12:26   Link #102
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Gagaga Magician girl? Now that's interesting
Old 2011-08-22, 13:00   Link #103
ShiroiRyu

Exactly.
They took the best card of the original series.
But she like more" mature". ^^
And i love her red eyes !

Last edited by ShiroiRyu; 2011-08-22 at 16:52.
Old 2011-08-29, 11:15   Link #104
ShiroiRyu

Thumbs down

Spoiler for 21:

I'm gagaga, guys.
She is so cute ! \o/
Hope we will see her more often.
Old 2011-09-20, 03:43   Link #105
ShiroiRyu

No one looked at the 24 ?
A picture to show it :

Spoiler for 24:
Old 2011-09-20, 08:22   Link #106
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Haven't been keeping up with this. Who's subs would you recommend? I was using Goldenumi's but since he hasn't updated his Dailymotion channel in ages...

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 11:28   Link #107
ShiroiRyu

Team catshark from the 19.
Oh GX_ST.
Old 2011-10-12, 13:07   Link #108
ShiroiRyu

Lol.
But when you see how short is it in RAW ... XD
Old 2011-10-12, 15:00   Link #109
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I dropped this series, even before watching 1 episode, the art is a turn-off. How are current viewers opinion on this series and the comparison with the originals'?

My last series was 5D's.
Old 2011-10-13, 11:41   Link #110
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I dropped this series, even before watching 1 episode, the art is a turn-off. How are current viewers opinion on this series and the comparison with the originals'?

My last series was 5D's.
Well, in my oppinion, I think that ZeXal is better than the original and GX. Not as good as 5D's.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:13   Link #111
ShiroiRyu

Episode 29 : full of Anna = full of boobs = full of win.
It's mathematical.
Anyways, actually i prefer a hero who can lose like Yuma than Yusei from 5D's.
Despite i loved 5D's. (but the best bad guy is from GX ... YUBEL !)
Old 2011-12-29, 03:37   Link #112
arson88

Spoiler for Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Manga:

Is Anna a one-shot character? She does not appear in the manga... Anyone following the manga? The anime's story pacing is good enough for me but i want some spoilers...
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 06:53   Link #113
Crontica

Odd i dropped the anime at 28 once i realized it was purly marketing, i sensed no plot enhancement what so ever.
Old 2011-12-29, 08:27   Link #114
arson88

The World Duel Carnival just started at ep 26. Maybe the studio just suck at balancing plot and marketing new cards. We know that Tron wants revenge against Dr. Faker, Shark is important to Tron after all the Numbers are collected, Kaito is actually Batman [Watch episode 36], there will be Hope Form-Upgrades, Galaxy Eyes Upgrade...

One-Shot/Very Rare Appearance of all of Yuma's Exceed Monster except Hope is the only thing i can't stand but it is for marketing purposes unless some kind soul will donate the money needed to keep the show running.

Ep 29 is the first appearance of Anna but i doubt we will get to see her for a long time (more than 10-20 episodes). @ Ep 33 & 34 we have IV and III duel. i doubt i will watch any new episode until Neo Galaxy Eyes make its appearance.

Anyway, anime that have more than 26 episodes will have 100% chance of being run down by fillers. Plus, I don't think the manga has ended yet. The fillers are just to fill the gap. BTW, kudos for anyone that last until episode 10. The only reason i continued watching was Yuma lost in ep10.

Last edited by arson88; 2011-12-29 at 08:39.
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 02:43   Link #115
elior

the intresting events start from episode 40 with kaito and haruto plot
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 17:35   Link #116
Dark_Pride

Is this show any good? I am genuinely enjoying Yu-Gi-Oh! GX , haven't started watching 5D's, though I'm aware that the first 64 episodes are good (). Though I'm up to date with the latest cards. The only reason I'm interested in this is because of the Numbers. I want to see #00 to #99. lol
Dark_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 23:01   Link #117
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Pride View Post
Is this show any good? I am genuinely enjoying Yu-Gi-Oh! GX , haven't started watching 5D's, though I'm aware that the first 64 episodes are good (). Though I'm up to date with the latest cards. The only reason I'm interested in this is because of the Numbers. I want to see #00 to #99. lol
In my opinion, I think this is better than GX. But 5D's is still better...
Old 2012-03-13, 23:10   Link #118
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

5D's was only good through the Earthbound God Arc.

After that, it just goes downhill like GX did, only in 5D's' case, it's because of Yusei always having to be Mr. Perfect (he technically has NO losses, something none of the other main protagonists can say) with situational counters to tons of things that would be otherwise useless at most other times. The other protagonists at least usually had stuff that could be seen used in other Duels both before and after pretty often and not just that 1 Duel or with that 1 card or something.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 15:22   Link #119
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
5D's was only good through the Earthbound God Arc.

After that, it just goes downhill like GX did, only in 5D's' case, it's because of Yusei always having to be Mr. Perfect (he technically has NO losses, something none of the other main protagonists can say) with situational counters to tons of things that would be otherwise useless at most other times. The other protagonists at least usually had stuff that could be seen used in other Duels both before and after pretty often and not just that 1 Duel or with that 1 card or something.
Neh Yusei's deck is probably the most balanced of the Yugioh MC having a deck that was actually useable in mostly it's pure form. I'll admit the 1st half of season 3 was pretty crappy (then again it was only point in the series that had real fillers and it had a LOT). The second half after the tournament was good though.

Anyway what do you mean GX went "downhill" it started off pretty terrible and slowly got a bit better, there wasn't really a large quality drop in GX unless your saying the first season was awesome incomparison to the rest...
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 22:48   Link #120
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

If by "better" you mean giving into fan complaints about it not being "dark enough" rather than being a breath of fresh air after endless darkness already (Shadow Games and then Duel Monsters), then yeah, it did.

I LIKED how GX started out BECAUSE it was a new change of pace more focused on casual fun rather than constant gloom and doom, death/soul-stealing, end of the world stuff going on, but still having good Duels with cool monsters, decent effects, and so on (after all, a number of huge cards came out in the GX-era and not just 5D's). But after Season 3 started and they started shifting Judai around the way they did, hardly anything made sense anymore, tons of things were left unanswered, and tons of new questions get thrown out there that also mostly went unanswered.

Not to mention characters that actually had played roles before were all just shoved to the background and getting nothing more than half-cropped Duels most of the time while they bring back Rei who somehow magically went from looking like an 8 year old to a 16 year old in 1 year, and playing NO real role whatsoever. Even the whole perceived relationship between Judai and Asuka never went anywhere, despite Rei obviously making her jealous at her reappearance with flirting with Judai.

I'd much rather they have kept the manga going (instead of rushing to its end for ZeXal's release) and have it as an anime since at least that balances out the 2 A LOT better than the anime tried to; between seriousness and fun.

People were just so used to Shadow Games and/or Duel Monsters, that they forget that "Yu-Gi-Oh!" is "King of Games", not "Yugi is the main character and all subsequent series should be like the first 2".

Yusei's Deck was only balanced early on and only really due to how they can transition to real life play (and only for Starters really, but as always, it boils down to a few select, more general-purpose cards), but as it goes on, he starts yanking out all this situational stuff that would otherwise have no real use for him outside of that 1 time and/or in real life.

Like Stay Force. Continuous Trap that let's you pay 1000 LP during each of your End Phases to keep a monster from removing itself from the field by its own effect. How much could Yusei actually use that outside of his use with Savior Star Dragon against Team Ragnarok? Really nothing at all.

Or Salvagent. The effect in general is good and all (Tribute it to Special Summon a Synchro Monster from your Graveyard, but it's no longer treated as a Synchro Monster), but the 2nd half of the effect is pretty much pointless outside of the whole anti-Synchro strategies of Team New World/Aporia and hardly any of the actual anti-Synchro cards in real life are used either.

I could go on and on and list similar things, but that's pretty much what I mean in terms of Yusei's Deck being so situational pretty often.

And, as said, Yusei holding a "perfect record" and never experiencing any "true" loss throughout the whole series, unlike Yugi/Atem, Judai, and Yuma, thus he never really learns anything and grows/changes/improves from it, making him quite a boring character overall.

Even with the whole situation with Z-ONE at the very end, Yusei just absolutely refuses to believe in any other possibilities of the future than his own, despite Z-ONE clearly showing him how the world ends up destroyed in the future because of people overusing the Synchro Summon, which causes the Mechanized Emperors/"Meklords" to emerge and start destroying everything, and Accel Synchro Summoning NOT helping, but actually making things WORSE (from knowing first hand when he tries to stand in Yusei's place to bring hope to the people by taking on his face and memories and such, and using Shooting Star Dragon).

And what does Yusei do? He doesn't believe it, says Z-ONE is wrong, and pulls out a stronger Accel Synchro Summon in response. Like there's absolutely no room for alternatives or even the possibility of alternatives.

Sure, one can compare that to when Atem was all about not having darkness while perceiving the ones under the Oreichalcos to be evil and dark, but soon learns that that's not the case, that everyone has light and darkness in them, and as a result, he learns from his mistakes and grows to be a better person and Duelist as a result, allowing him to not be mind-screwed by Raphael in their rematch.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote