AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 16:38   Link #401
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89
I never address anyone by name. Ever. 19 years. Works for me.
Youve never written your name down ?
Youve never signed anything or used a hanko ?
Youve never beeen called by your name, not even your myouji ?
Youve never written someone a card, or letter, or email ?

Actually, here is proof that that you use names: you are logged in as Bahamut89.
It is serving as your name in the forum. What a brazen name-haver you are.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 16:57   Link #402
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I don't see how anyone could go without calling someone by name, unless you're really socially misfortunate, or have very uncaring or nonexistent family, etc.
Old 2006-02-01, 17:00   Link #403
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Omniscient has opened up the synopsis for episode 17 along with a generous amount of pics for the second opening.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006...n-no-shana-17/

*Kazumi is given both screentime and a slot in the new opening.
New opening.....AWESOME!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 17:16   Link #404
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89
I never address anyone by name. Ever. 19 years. Works for me.
I presume you've never been employed then. ;D j/k

Odd, though. I find it hard to believe.
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 17:42   Link #405
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...although theres always a possibility...i find it hard to believe too...unless bahamut89 is a mute...in that case you wont be able to vocally address anyone even if you tired...shrug...
...im guessing bahamut89 is just exaggerating or something... (feels wierd addressing another bahamut)
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 17:56   Link #406
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The new op is indeed awesome. As I said over there,

KOTOKO strikes again!!!

The music's got a nice 'soaring' feeling to it, fitting with the show. It's better than Re-sublimity imo. It feels as it'll sound a lot better in the full version though, so I'm looking forward to the single.
Old 2006-02-01, 17:56   Link #407
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Actually, I would go with zalas' statement. Indeed, there were only like 5 'entities' living on Tendou-kyu, and two females especially. Considering that Alastor and Shiro (Merihim) never really interacted, conversations held were mostly with Wilhelmina, and 'she' would be appropriate enough since Shana's the only other female around that warrants more talk.
That works for talking about Shana, but what if you want to attract her attention. For instance, what if Shana is busy eating melon bread and you want to get her attention so that you can tell her that her practice with Shiro is supposed to start as soon as she is done. You walk over and say, "Hey.... you!" At times like that, it is odd not to have a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
I don't see how anyone could go without calling someone by name, unless you're really socially misfortunate, or have very uncaring or nonexistent family, etc.
Probably, but if you live in a world of 5 people and one of those people doesn't talk, it becomes a lot more possible.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:10   Link #408
justsomeguy

Personally, I think the new OP sounds just a bit too generic and happy, like it could come from a harem show. It just doesn't sound as exciting or forboding as Hishoku no Sora or Crystal Energy. It'll take a while to get used to it.
Anybody know when the single for the new OP and ED are released?
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:31   Link #409
Mina-sama
Vita-chan moe~

Why don't you browse the topic a bit next time? It has been mentioned already. ED will be released on 2006/02/08 and OP on 2006/03/23.

I like the OP. Any KOTOKO fanatics here?
* Mina raises hand
Mina-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:41   Link #410
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Probably, but if you live in a world of 5 people and one of those people doesn't talk, it becomes a lot more possible.
True, but my tidbit was in reference to Bahamut's claim. Shana's hardly a normal human being, so yeah.

By the way, I was looking at the next episode preview in ep 17,

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-01, 18:53   Link #411
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:05   Link #412
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Spoiler for episode 17:

As for my opinions on the new opening, I think the video itself is pretty good, especially since it has a nice close up of Hecate, but the actual song doesn't really... go... anywhere :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Youve never written your name down ?
Youve never signed anything or used a hanko ?
Youve never beeen called by your name, not even your myouji ?
Youve never written someone a card, or letter, or email ?

Actually, here is proof that that you use names: you are logged in as Bahamut89.
It is serving as your name in the forum. What a brazen name-haver you are.
No, he's saying that he never "addresssed anyone by name." I think he means using a name to start a conversation, and not writing down a name or writing his own name. As for Shana, she wouldn't need to do any of those 4 things you mentioned.

Quote:
That works for talking about Shana, but what if you want to attract her attention. For instance, what if Shana is busy eating melon bread and you want to get her attention so that you can tell her that her practice with Shiro is supposed to start as soon as she is done. You walk over and say, "Hey.... you!" At times like that, it is odd not to have a name.
Assuming you are Wilhelmina, you can just walk up to her and start saying "it would be prudent to start your training with Shiro once you are done eating." If she doesn't respond, you can tap her on the shoulder. I'm sure if she heard Wilhelmina talking, Shana would be able to discern from context who she is referring to.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:42   Link #413
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
It feels as it'll sound a lot better in the full version though, so I'm looking forward to the single.
Exactly the feeling I get I'm feeling the same way about Fate/Stay Night's ED single, hopefully they won't let me down. At first I didn't like it much, then it was decent and the chorus seemed good, then I got somewhat addicted to it. Oops. The first OP is better though The video to it is pretty good too, especially the second half with Shana fighting. Certainly made me want to see what's to come.

Quote:
Just wondering, but does anyone really sympathize with Kazumi? I'm finding it very hard for me to care about her character because she's only serving to interrupt Shana(my favorite character in the show and I'm sure the favorite character of most of you) and Yuuji's relationship.
Guess I'm the only one who likes her :/ She doesn't really do anything to annoy me, and at least broke out of the 'Aww i'm nice and quiet' stereotype in Episode 12. By what everyone else is saying here it looks like she has a role to play later too, so I'll look forward to that. She's hardly my favourite character in the show, but I've not really got any reason not to feel slightly sorry for her. Yuji x Shana > Yuji x Kazumi though... obviously.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 23:07   Link #414
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Spoiler:
I sure do. She seemed like a really nice girl, though perhaps stereotyped as a 'nice, shy and quiet girl with good culinary skills'. But the change did come in the episode where Ike complained about Yuuji's attitude towards Kazumi, didn't it? A 'declaration of war' from Kazumi to Shana was the last thing I expected. It seems though, that she will get more involved in the world of the Guze, so I'll reserve later comments on that.

As for the OP...Perhaps it was a little too...cheerful...? It could signal a happy ending with a twist, possibly.

@ Shinova:
Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 03:24   Link #415
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalas
No, he's saying that he never "addresssed anyone by name." I think he means using a name to start a conversation, and not writing down a name or writing his own name. As for Shana, she wouldn't need to do any of those 4 things you mentioned.
Yes, exactly. "Excuse me" works wonders, you know. Or, if I know someone well enough, I just start talking. It's just not necessary to use someone's name when talking to them. I do use names in conversation though, for third person references, or if someone asks me my name. I just don't "address" them. This isn't something I do consciously, it's just how I talk, for whatever reason. My point was, since I could get through life without calling people by name, why wouldn't someone be able to live without being called by name? I guess that was kind of a non-sequiter though, considering third-person usage also exists. Sorry about that.

Thinking about it though, a name is just a convenient way of describing something. If you have another, equally convenient word ("that girl" or whatever), how is that any different from having a name? Especially considering that there isn't any ambiguity in the phrase "that girl" for Shana's situation? It can easily serve the same function as a name. Well, except for the attention getting part. This is where I would substitute "Excuse me" or equivalent. Well, I've also noticed that if you stand around silently long enough, people will eventually ask you what you want, but that's not really recommended...

PS: No, I'm not mute. I've had part-time jobs before. I have a loving family who I can easily talk to.

Last edited by Clarste; 2006-02-02 at 03:52.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 07:06   Link #416
wrex_japan

Quote:
By the way, I was looking at the next episode preview in ep 17,

Spoiler:
So far, they've gone through 5 novels/arcs. That leaves 6 more novels to work with. But I don't think they'll animate novels 10 or 11 because there are only 9 more episodes left, and novel 10 doesn't deal with Shana anyway (it's a flashback story about Mathilde Saint-Omer and Wirhelmina). Therefore the remaining enemies should be:
Spoiler:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:17   Link #417
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

With the introduction of Khamsin it disproves to me that all Flame Hazes have to be female, however, the previous arc from Shana's past gave rise upon me new questions.

1. Did all the previous Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite before Mathilde were females?
2. Did all of them required to be contracted to Alastor?

If volume 10 of the novel is any given indication of Mathilde's past, it may shed some hints at the previous Enpatsu Shakugan before her.

Did you know that the names of the Guze no Ou which all four Flame Hazes, introduced so far in the show, are contracted derive their names from mythological monsters and demons?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alastor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marchosias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:36   Link #418
kron

good new op indeed. kotoko - being. pretty nice animation sequence too : >
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 11:04   Link #419
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
With the introduction of Khamsin it disproves to me that all Flame Hazes have to be female, however, the previous arc from Shana's past gave rise upon me new questions.

1. Did all the previous Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite before Mathilde were females?
2. Did all of them required to be contracted to Alastor?
I believe you are called the Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite if you are Alastor's Flame Haze.
Quote:
Did you know that the names of the Guze no Ou which all four Flame Hazes, introduced so far in the show, are contracted derive their names from mythological monsters and demons?
Oh, there's way more references than that ;o
For example, we have: Tiriel, Sorath, Hecate, Friagne, Sydonay, etc. Heck, I have some sort of funny feeling the author might have named Kazumi's cat after Catherine the Great of Russia -.-;;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 16:05   Link #420
BiZz
God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
I sure do. She seemed like a really nice girl, though perhaps stereotyped as a 'nice, shy and quiet girl with good culinary skills'. But the change did come in the episode where Ike complained about Yuuji's attitude towards Kazumi, didn't it? A 'declaration of war' from Kazumi to Shana was the last thing I expected. It seems though, that she will get more involved in the world of the Guze, so I'll reserve later comments on that.

As for the OP...Perhaps it was a little too...cheerful...? It could signal a happy ending with a twist, possibly.

@ Shinova:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere