Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-02, 02:40   Link #1201
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
That you've mentioned both Sola and Rozen Maiden reminds me that they were animated by the same studio.
Amazing what a difference a director can make. Rozen Maiden is so superior to Sola.

Quote:
Didn't care for the character designs?
Naru Nanao is crying in a corner right now.
Let her cry. After struggling through the shoddy production of 6 episodes of the Sola, just for the sake of Mitsuri, I'm resigning to just looking at the manga images and still drawings of her. Horrible renderings of the animated characters... But, I'll grit it out since I hear it has a good ending.
Old 2008-04-02, 02:49   Link #1202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
By the way, I have, er, people who will never talk to me again if I happen like Rozen Maiden. Apparently, it's Bleach's Bounto arc stretched to three seasons.
Those are some...interesting people . Really two seasons and a 2-episode OVA, but that's beside the point. Not sure where they are getting Bleach Bounto arc from. Must have really disliked the series if they went and compared it to a filler arc. Maybe you should just enjoy it and then deny it to their faces .
Old 2008-04-02, 02:50   Link #1203
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Anyways, good night for now, since I have class early tomorrow. By the way, Suiseiseki is a complete win. I want that doll. Crap, I'm turning into a girl.
Old 2008-04-02, 03:42   Link #1204
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

@qtip:
Quote:
That you've mentioned both Sola and Rozen Maiden reminds me that they were animated by the same studio.
Hence the random loli-goth in Sola .
Ah, I did not know that! None of the credits are translated on my copies. Mayuki would make a perfect Rozen Maiden, but I think Shinku would plain kick her ass

Quote:
Didn't care for the character designs?
Naru Nanao is crying in a corner right now.
And so are Kotori and MiyaMiya (The one from ef.)
Aw! Well, the chins of death bothered me a little at first but gradually I got used to them, so they can come out of the corner now

Um... by the way, who are they? I wanted to check out ef, but something in a review put me off it... maybe a bad ending? I'm still planning on it for a dead zone in my schedule.

@Mushi:
Quote:
But, I'll grit it out since I hear it has a good ending.
Well, you didn't hear that from me. Oh, wait...

I guess I have to say (too late I guess) that I'm obviously biased in favor of Sola despite its flaws

@KholdStare:
Quote:
By the way, I have, er, people who will never talk to me again if I happen like Rozen Maiden.
Yeah, I know of people like that Here's a tip: Screw them If you like a series, like it. I watch anime by myself so no lamers can jeer at stuff they feel threatened by, like an anime about dolls. Idiots. Tell them to go watch their robot-bashing chest-thumping easy-to-digest cartoons, and leave the drama to those mature enough to appreciate it.

Don't get me started. Oh! Too late!

Quote:
By the way, Suiseiseki is a complete win. I want that doll. Crap, I'm turning into a girl.
No worries, you aren't It's just those idiot "friends" casting a bad influence on you. They're still at grade school level, calling people sissies. I've got all the Jun Planning Rozen Maiden Pullip dolls, and if someone said something stupid, I'd feel obligated to kick their ass, just because, you know, it's the right thing to do

I mean, they might not look 100% accurate, but the clothes make the doll :
Spoiler for Suiseiseki and Souseiseki Pullip Pair:

Some dolls are magical, and cool Don't let twits tell you otherwise. But that's a whole 'nother topic, and off I guess
Old 2008-04-02, 03:43   Link #1205
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Anyways, good night for now, since I have class early tomorrow. By the way, Suiseiseki is a complete win. I want that doll. Crap, I'm turning into a girl.
That's why she swept '06 - she's too lovable! Loveable, I tell ya!

Full set of standings are up.. And ouch... Suigintou... 61st...

EDIT: Souseiseki with long hair... <3
Old 2008-04-02, 04:59   Link #1206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Do you have a key for your chart? I'm not quite following it.
Old 2008-04-02, 05:11   Link #1207
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
3 pages in the 4 hours I turn away from this thread... Well, results bring discussion afterall.

RAAAAAAGE and ZETSUBOUUUUU at Yuno only getting 37 votes - I can accept Haruhi winning but Yuno getting so few votes makes me... oh wait yeah, we didn't contact /a/ directly but I'm sure they must have gotten wind of this by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
on a side note...
i wonder who will win between a battle of the gods... (though it's quite obvious)
Suwako.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
considering CLAMP is an all female mangaka group i wouldn't be surprised...
they always have a lot of shounen ai in their works suggestive or true...
Actual Shounen Ai pairing, actual Teacher-LoliStudent relationship - CCS manga does not hold back. Well, mangaka and groups who are publishing now were H-doujin artists in their younger days. This includes CLAMP. Extra trivia: Akamatsu did H-doujin of CLAMP work before he got published.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-02, 05:38   Link #1208
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rena is going to have a huge collection once this is over with.

I'm surprised at Hanyuu's loss. She is almost too cute. Nagisa I suppose has gotten more popular now that Clannad has "ended".

But then technically Hanyuu got taken home by "Rena" again...so that works. (VA joke, just picture Hanyuu as a dango with little horns.)
Old 2008-04-02, 05:42   Link #1209
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Do you have a key for your chart? I'm not quite following it.
Look above the chart. There's an explanation of all the acronyms.
Old 2008-04-02, 05:52   Link #1210
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see anything explaining the Standings Chart. (The one you just linked too)
Old 2008-04-02, 05:59   Link #1211
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Oh and I see people are confused over Saber again. Others have already pointed out Type Moon have a huge fanbase. What this means: very strong doujin community. Doujin is where Moe gets matured. More than Dark Saber or F/HA Saber scenes (e.g. teaching her how to swim, the penguin shaved ice maker), Saber Moe gets matured through Saber Tank, Rocket Punch, ChibiBaka Saber, etc. With other characters, you'd also have to weigh in Drama CDs and Radio broadcasts. Eruruu's Moe is bolstered with The Fork, which originated from a Radio ep and which escalated in doujin so much I've seen it being used as Thurglmir's sword in a Battle Fantasia (read: SRW spoof) imaginary advert.

And people actually like the Hanyuu bio I tossed up? Zetsuboushita... It's a little frustrating for someone who is beginning to take the attitude of "watching an anime adaptation is spoiling the source material for you". We do it anyway because time and resources limit us.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2008-04-02 at 06:32.
Old 2008-04-02, 06:09   Link #1212
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see anything explaining the Standings Chart. (The one you just linked too)
Oh, I could have sworn it was up there... hold on.

EDIT: Now it's there.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-04-02 at 06:23.
Old 2008-04-02, 06:31   Link #1213
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Alright guys, I'm going to need a little help figuring out which three matches should be featured. Usually, I just go ahead and feature the first three arenas, but now I'm put in a position where there are three inside-top-16 matches, none of which are in the first three matches. So here's the question:

Pick which combination of three should be featured:

#1 Haruhi vs. Hinagiku @ 1
#16 Kotomi vs. Shinku @ 2
Horo vs. C.C. @ 3
#6 Rin vs. #11 Rena @ 4
#12 Rika vs. #3 Nodoka @ 20
#9 Ryou vs. #5 Maria @ 22
Old 2008-04-02, 06:35   Link #1214
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Haruhi-Hinagiku, Kotomi-Shinku and Rin-Rena

Old 2008-04-02, 06:49   Link #1215
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Alright guys, I'm going to need a little help figuring out which three matches should be featured. Usually, I just go ahead and feature the first three arenas, but now I'm put in a position where there are three inside-top-16 matches, none of which are in the first three matches. So here's the question:

Pick which combination of three should be featured:

#1 Haruhi vs. Hinagiku @ 1
#16 Kotomi vs. Shinku @ 2
Horo vs. C.C. @ 3
#6 Rin vs. #11 Rena @ 4
#12 Rika vs. #3 Nodoka @ 20
#9 Ryou vs. #5 Maria @ 22
Haruhi-Hinagiku, Ryou-Maria, Horo-C.C.
Old 2008-04-02, 07:57   Link #1216
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

I PICK....

Haruhi - Hinagiku
Kotomi - Shinku
Horo - C.C

BTW, I go off for HALF a day and this thread moves forward so much....

And @qtip, sent an email your way.

@Psieye, How's the progress on the bios?

edit: Curse gmail, now qtip'll know my name. LOL.

edit 2: I just re-read all the previous posts, and first:

Multi-voting is an EPIC fail, much like smoking weed...don't get started..

I don't think I was expecting Haruhi to take this one, SERIOUSLY.

Last edited by Fynal_Fyre; 2008-04-02 at 08:34.
Old 2008-04-02, 08:07   Link #1217
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Ah, I'll go 1, 2, 4. It's better to have two 1-0 vs. 0-1 matchups and one 1-0 vs. 1-0 matchup than to have just three 1-0 vs. 0-1 matchups when there's an opportunity to show one undefeated one.

EDIT: On second thought, I may as well do Horo vs. C.C. - a change in arenas will only promote favoritism, and I'm trying to avoid that.

EDIT 2: Okay, it's been decided. Now time for me to get some R & R.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-04-02 at 08:31.
Old 2008-04-02, 09:18   Link #1218
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
@Psieye, How's the progress on the bios
As always, any progress gets seen on the Wiki - use the history function to see what's changed over the days.

RL work just got a lot more busy after this meeting I just got back from, and 2 days ago someone from /touhou/ gave links for Kioh Gyoku and Banshiryuu v2 (Seihou stuff) which gnaws at my Urges. Finally I've started to look at Bamboo Blade and I know I'm going to have to finish the series now (I need more sources to yell at me when good stuff comes up and not be afraid to spoil me to get me going).

So ultimately it's dependent on my willpower. I'm thinking of sleeping in the office tomorrow night (been far too long since I last did that). If you're looking for stuff to proofread, there's plenty up on the Wiki.

Old 2008-04-02, 10:06   Link #1219
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Ah, I see.

Oh, by the way, I edited the Yuki Bio a few pages back, managed to give that a check?
Old 2008-04-02, 10:22   Link #1220
Psieye
Lore Hunter

I copied your edits to my harddrive so I can take a look at them slowly (read: while on the bus). Probably within the next 6 hours or so, the Yuki bio will be ready for website upload alongside Hanyuu (if her profile picture is ready).

Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe