AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-01, 02:14   Link #1
WolfbladeM

Protagonist big change

So i am looking for an anime where protagonist sudenny changes in his behavior, he becomes more evil or something like that as long as he from a wimp becomes an badass.
Here are the guidelines:
1.)Must be protagonist and must be male
2.)Must come from wimp to badass (Good example is tv show Chuck)
3.) Preferably it does not happen in the last episode/chapter, but it can
4.) Change must be in personalty too i dont want to se a guy who gets awesome powers and still acts like a loser(no tsundere female chars, unlees they have no effect on main lead(i dont want some tsundere banging main lead upside the head all the time))
5.) Can be any Tv show/Manga/Anime/Movie

Post away
Old 2010-09-01, 02:46   Link #2
jedinat

Kiseijuu
Kurozakuro
The Breaker
Old 2010-09-01, 02:53   Link #3
GreatTeacherKen

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (anime)- While the protagonist doesn't become more evil, he takes a huge leap in badassery in the middle of the series after he gets over his issues, and he grows increasingly badass the further the show goes along.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood (manga)- the hero, Jonathon Joestar starts off as the villain's (Dio Brando) punching bag, but when Dio threatens Jonathon's father, Jonathon pretty much decides he's had enough and ass kicking ensues. The change happens fairly early into the story.
Old 2010-09-01, 06:09   Link #4
WolfbladeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
You suggested me Kiseijuu on the other thread read it, an goes to my top 5 list of manga perfect example.
I read kurozako but i stopd maybe i will go again
Braker; did t stop or are the chapters just coming out slowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (anime)- While the protagonist doesn't become more evil, he takes a huge leap in badassery in the middle of the series after he gets over his issues, and he grows increasingly badass the further the show goes along.
will try

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood (manga)- the hero, Jonathon Joestar starts off as the villain's (Dio Brando) punching bag, but when Dio threatens Jonathon's father, Jonathon pretty much decides he's had enough and ass kicking ensues. The change happens fairly early into the story.
will try
Thanx
Old 2010-09-01, 06:17   Link #5
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Both for Shakugan no Shana AND Shakugan no Shana Second.

Spoiler for Third Season:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:18   Link #6
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Hmmm...
  • Code Geass - the protagonist changes a lot throughout the series. Sometimes you'll know why and other times you'll have to find out why or figure it out for yourself.
  • Death Note - one of the best anti-hero stories out there.
  • Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - normal student becomes trained assassin. Slow start but trust me when I say it get's awesome.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:47   Link #7
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Happens in the second episode of To Aru Majutsu no Index. It is awesome.
Old 2010-09-01, 16:00   Link #8
WolfbladeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Watched both season, didnt know about the third one coming tnx for heads up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Hmmm...
  • Code Geass - the protagonist changes a lot throughout the series. Sometimes you'll know why and other times you'll have to find out why or figure it out for yourself.
  • Death Note - one of the best anti-hero stories out there.
  • Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - normal student becomes trained assassin. Slow start but trust me when I say it get's awesome.
    Watched Phantom it was awesome, too bad no sequel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Happens in the second episode of To Aru Majutsu no Index. It is awesome.
Will watch i started index but didn't finish it
Old 2010-09-01, 18:37   Link #9
JRendell
Manga Addict

Wimp to Badass? You need;

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

/thread
Old 2010-09-02, 03:44   Link #10
WolfbladeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Wimp to Badass? You need;

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

/thread
Read, and his personality didnt really change.
Old 2010-09-02, 22:15   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfbladeM View Post
1.)Must be protagonist and must be male
Too bad that requirement rules out Junni Kokuki. Otherwise Nakajima Youko would be right at the top of your list.
Old 2010-09-02, 23:20   Link #12
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Gundam SEED - Before Kira turned into the insufferable Jesus Yamato in GSD, he was an absolute geek turned bada$$ bezerker, powered by punani^^...
Old 2010-09-04, 07:06   Link #13
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

You might wanna try:
Highschool of the Dead
Ergo Proxy
Noein
School Days (arguably)
The Skull Man
Higurashi (arguably)
Black Lagoon
Old 2010-09-04, 08:57   Link #14
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Was there any announcement that the third season is coming up? In the novel yes, he becomes super badass, but I don't know the anime because it's going on a different route than the novel.

Btw, you can argue that the protagonists from Diablo1 undergoes this change, but they're badass to begin with and it isn't anime, so yeah.

Then...though he doesn't become evil, Simon from Gurren Lagann. If you're a man and you don't shed a single drop of manly tears watching this you're not a man.

Then...though you might view this differently, Takumi from Chaos:Head.

Then...Fate/Stay Night is a given, though it's much more epically portrayed in the VN. Though pretty much every male protagonist in the nasuverse ended up badass from being a wimp.

Then...Luke from Tales of Abyss.

Then....Haseo from Hack//Roots
Spoiler:

Then...I can't think of any for the moment.
Old 2010-09-04, 10:50   Link #15
kitten320

07-ghost - He was advancing through thout the series and he never was really whimpy, but his character was becoming stronger during the series.

Baccano! - there is no a real lead character but one of them is a big cry baby despite being the leader of the gang and later he actually does something cool and his crying decreases.

D.Gray Man - he did get depressed in future too but he was becoming cooler each time and his design also started to look more awaesome. Manga has more details and is still ongoing.

I'll also second the Phantom, actually almost each character goes through development there and I wouldn't call a single one of them a tsundare. The main character was a normal person who got robbed of his memories and was turned into unemotional killing machine. But as seriess progress, he starts to have more of the personality again. Though I actually liked him more at the start when he startet his assasination career and the begining which some people consider to be boring, was actually the most exciting part for me because of how gloomy and depressing everything looked and how much he had changed after becoming who he became

Rosario + Vampire (manga) - anime is poor but in manga the main lead develops a lot, turning from whiny human into powerful vampire.

Valkyria Chronicles - a bit different idea here, the main character was never whiny but was always happy, carefree and sometimes reminded of an idiot because of how easy going he was despite being actually very inteligent. But as series progress, so does he and some big events had made quiet a huge change in hic character. He started to be more seriouse and look cooler.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:55   Link #16
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Baccano! - there is no a real lead character but one of them is a big cry baby despite being the leader of the gang and later he actually does something cool and his crying decreases.
I don't know about the other series and I feel that any anime fan should watch Baccano, but really, Jacuzzi Splot doesn't change. Most of the characters in Baccano don't despite some of them having lived incredably long lives.

Jacuzzi just turns into an incredable crying badass! But only when pissed off!
Really it's not a good idea to go pissing the guy off! He will tear you to pieces.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:00   Link #17
kitten320

Still we see the change in him, that he can be a man when his friends need it.
Old 2010-09-05, 13:39   Link #18
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Valkyria Chronicles - a bit different idea here, the main character was never whiny but was always happy, carefree and sometimes reminded of an idiot because of how easy going he was despite being actually very inteligent. But as series progress, so does he and some big events had made quiet a huge change in hic character. He started to be more seriouse and look cooler.
Well, I never say any significant change in Welkin,yeah he changed but that change was not that big.

But overall Valkyria Chronicles is great series worth watching without any specifications.
Closed Thread