AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-07-03, 09:30   Link #2681
KimmyChan

To be honest, I don't really mind either way if we get him or not, I just want him to go to SOMEONE in the end, lol!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 17:49   Link #2682
Tsukase
what???!!!!

Send a message via MSN to Tsukase Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukase
leaving europe now....my team is on the Libertadores Cup final uhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
we'll be champions(Libertadores is like UEFA champion league)...
just a information sorry to interrupt you
a demonstration of our power:

VASCO DA GAMA WILL BE CHAMPIOOOOOOON!!!

Last edited by Tsukase; 2009-07-03 at 18:04.
Tsukase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 19:36   Link #2683
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Wow,Michael Owen is now officially a Man Utd player.He signed a two year deal.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/pre...s-United-move/
Qoute Michael Owen:

"I had just begun to talk to other clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me," he said.

Thank god he taken it,now Owen can reignited his career.Glory glory Man Utd
Old 2009-07-04, 10:00   Link #2684
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
after watching the confed cup I guess I will have to mute my tv next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
And since you mentioned Germany, do you want me to revive the nice cover that Bild published before that game?
hahahaha man the Bild is such a stupid "newspaper"(imo it's more of a boullevard magazine) but it's only a bit rude, what really annoyed me was what they wrote after Italy won the semi finale.. but pretty much everyone seems to be sore loser in football. I can remember the polish press making wild accusations about a "western europe conspiracy" when they dropped out at Euro08

but at least they stick to just stupid jokes most of the time, the british press has a strange tendency to mention the war(s)("blitz the fritz" "herr we go" or illustrations with steel helmets etc.) when it comes to ENG-GER which is really distasteful imo
Old 2009-07-04, 10:38   Link #2685
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Wow,Michael Owen is now officially a Man Utd player.He signed a two year deal.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/pre...s-United-move/
Qoute Michael Owen:

"I had just begun to talk to other clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me," he said.

Thank god he taken it,now Owen can reignited his career.Glory glory Man Utd
Yep yep yep, that he has, and I couldn't be happier for him
Old 2009-07-04, 13:26   Link #2686
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

Most Man united fans coundn't stand owen when he played for liverpool or Newcastle when I talked to them about him, they use to say he was rubbish (with much worse language), got injured, was a fag. Now all of the sudden Man united fans are loving him as he joined them. I'm not reffering to every fan, just pretty much everyone I met so far IRL.

Anyway, I don't think he will do well for United, he may be free but he is going to be most likely wasting time then scoring goals for united. He is going to get injured again, and no real pace anymore. He can't really hang out with the big boy teams anymore.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 13:28   Link #2687
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
after watching the confed cup I guess I will have to mute my tv next year

hahahaha man the Bild is such a stupid "newspaper"(imo it's more of a boullevard magazine) but it's only a bit rude, what really annoyed me was what they wrote after Italy won the semi finale.. but pretty much everyone seems to be sore loser in football. I can remember the polish press making wild accusations about a "western europe conspiracy" when they dropped out at Euro08

but at least they stick to just stupid jokes most of the time, the british press has a strange tendency to mention the war(s)("blitz the fritz" "herr we go" or illustrations with steel helmets etc.) when it comes to ENG-GER which is really distasteful imo
Good job hammering down England 4-0 at the U-21 finals guys, we (Italy) were close to beat you at semis but you deservedly won.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 13:34   Link #2688
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Zero View Post
Most Man united fans coundn't stand owen when he played for liverpool or Newcastle when I talked to them about him, they use to say he was rubbish (with much worse language), got injured, was a fag. Now all of the sudden Man united fans are loving him as he joined them. I'm not reffering to every fan, just pretty much everyone I met so far IRL.
What exactly did you expect?

EVERY football fan is like this.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 15:28   Link #2689
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What exactly did you expect?

EVERY football fan is like this.

No mijority of fans like to have a player who they like and think will fit in the club well. Liverpool fans are an example of fans (The ones I know from Liverpool) who care alot about who they buy, even if hes awesome.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 16:51   Link #2690
KimmyChan

I believe that Michael Owen will play much better for us than what he ever did for Newcastle to be honest

I have faith in the wee footie playing fella
Old 2009-07-18, 23:37   Link #2691
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Woohooo!!

I love Man City!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

<3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 19:22   Link #2692
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

city are doomed this season
Old 2009-07-19, 20:45   Link #2693
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
city are doomed this season
They would doom if those "world class,demanding" player does'nt work together as a team.(err maybe their banks are doom paying all those "demanding" player)

I thinks Owen would do great things for ManUtd.He has hire some expert on fitness with his own money.He keep his fitness on high level even when he was injured or not in action.I call that determination,that what Sir Alex see in him i guess.He score one goal againt malaysia team,talk about hungry eyes for goal.Go go Owen yeah.

(from what i heard Newscastle training ground are prone to make player injured.It is just a streettalk i guess)
Old 2009-07-19, 20:55   Link #2694
justavisitor

I thought Man City has around 10 strikers at the moment??

they surely can play 1-1-8...all the defender needs to do is kick the ball high to the penalty area at the other side, and let those 8 strikers fight for the ball
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 21:56   Link #2695
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

the line up for City will have to have (cant spell names) Robenio, Teves, barry and adebayor for sure as they have paid a lot of money and these players and they are problely on close to 150 or 200 thousand + bonuses a week and they have to play.

so the way i see it is they can play 4-3-2-1
GK
Given

DL DC DC DR
Bridge Dunne Kompany Richerds
DMC
De Jong

MC MC
Irland Barry
LF RF
Robenio Teves
CF
Adebayor

that still leaves
Jo (18M they bought him for, Not too sure if he has left yet for Everton)
Cicado
Santa Cruz
Write Phillips
Bujinov
Elano
Petrov
Ben-Hiem
Zabelata
Etuhu
Bellemy
Benjani

not too sure if some of them have left yet but, that is crazy to keep some of them on the bench. with the money they are most likely paying to those on the bench i'm sure it's around that of a Chapionship team's weekely wadges of the whole team.

as a chelsea fan TBH if Terry is having the tinyest hint of doubt than he should leave and just go to where the money is. go ruin your carrer before the world cup.
Old 2009-07-20, 10:24   Link #2696
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Jo on loan at Everton (extended from last season)

Regarding Malaysia XI vs ManU .. All I can say, that guy is like a hero over here lol .. 1st goal is a beauty tho

ManC can play 2-4-4

Adebarndoor, Cruz, Tevez, Robinho.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 10:32   Link #2697
justavisitor

Since ManC has so many strikers, if they can get a good defender (Terry), perhaps they can play 4-1-3-2 (from 4-2-3-1)

and I am sure Terry will have a lot of chance to practise his defending skill if he moves to ManC..he will be fully prepared for the world cup
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-07-20, 12:54   Link #2698
Tsukase
what???!!!!

Send a message via MSN to Tsukase Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukase
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Jo on loan at Everton (extended from last season)

Regarding Malaysia XI vs ManU .. All I can say, that guy is like a hero over here lol .. 1st goal is a beauty tho

ManC can play 2-4-4

Adebarndoor, Cruz, Tevez, Robinho.
Robinho is the best of City!
Tsukase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 13:55   Link #2699
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
and I am sure Terry will have a lot of chance to practise his defending skill if he moves to ManC..he will be fully prepared for the world cup
i mean in the sense of playing compatative Europian Football. by playing the europa leauge or CL. all of that gives you an added edge.
Old 2009-07-20, 14:00   Link #2700
justavisitor

I understand what you mean...my comment was more like a joke--saying that ManC defense line will be so weak (since they only purchase strikers) therefore Terry will have more than enough chance to practise his skill if he moves to there XD

Seriously tho, of course playing in CL will be a lot better, especially before the world cup..I agree with you 100%

Tags
football, soccer