AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-30, 23:29   Link #1661
Alchemist007
*Author

Ah, but I am not the ringleader! I am the Aizen behind the Gin in the SS arc. Oh wait...
Old 2011-05-01, 04:53   Link #1662
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I don't think I'll ever understand the facination behind IchigoxRukia. But then again, I can't seem to get pass the idea of an adolescent hooking up with anyone who's age involves a 3 digit number.
rukia is ageless, she's immortal after all. she may be a hundred years old but she still acts like a kid. ichigo, on the other hand, acts more mature than a regular teenager. he's far more responsible than normal kids. not to mention that he doesn't seem to be interested in girls, which is odd, guys his age should be thinking about sex and hooking up with some hot chick. but he's not into that. hot girls like nel and inoue even throw themselves at his feet but he doesn't notice them. that makes him weird in my book. so the age number is not a real factor in this situation.

i thought that rukia and ichigo had a lot of chemistry too. well, let's just say that they had a very good potential to become a couple. but then as the series progressed it became clear that kubo has no intentions of putting romance into his story. he teased us with that inoue confession for a while but that didn't last for very long since ichigo had other matters to deal with. you'd think that after all the conflict had been settled there would be time for some romance but it didn't happen either. so good luck to those who wish for a romantic union between any of the characters, especially involving ichigo.

but we all have to admit though, rukia is special to ichigo. even kubo gave us some hints.

Spoiler for manga:

it may not be romantic but their relationship is a big deal in this series. and if kubo decides to give ichigo a love interest, i won't be the least bit surprised if it's going to be rukia.
Old 2011-05-01, 11:34   Link #1663
kitten320

^
Spoiler for manga:

I would rage myself if he didn't give a damn.
Old 2011-05-01, 13:36   Link #1664
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
rukia is ageless, she's immortal after all. she may be a hundred years old but she still acts like a kid. ichigo, on the other hand, acts more mature than a regular teenager. he's far more responsible than normal kids.
That's debatable. For starters, I'd hardly say Rukia acts like a kid in general. She's shown to be serious more often than not. One could argue she's got a small handful of childish aspects to her personality (which are mostly brought to light for the sake of comedic moments and filler). But that's about it. She's easily far more mature than Ichigo IMO. Ichigo also hasn't shown to act noticeably more or less mature than some of his peers (Ishida, Chad, Tatsuki). So I wouldn't say he's more mature than a regular teenager either. He's mature in some aspects, but he's still got a long way to go in other aspects of his personality. The most recent chapter kind of supports this notion.
Quote:
so the age number is not a real factor in this situation.
Depends. Within the context of the story, I'd agree that it's not yet a factor since Ichigo and Rukia's relationship hasn't officially developed into the romantic type. But if it did, I doubt everyone would be okay with it just because Rukia doesn't look or supposedly acts her age.

In any case, when I stated in my previous post that I don't think I'll ever understand the facination behind IchigoxRukia it was supposed to be directed solely towards fans of the pairing who'd like their relationship to develop romantically. There's just too many gray areas getting in the way of that (both from within the context of the plot and from a moral viewpoint) to make the pairing seem very alluring IMO. Also, don't read into that farewell moment too seriously. kitten320 basically summed up why Rukia got so much attention during that scene. It was well deserved and didn't necessarily have to do with foreshadowing feelings of romance.

PS: Rukia's not immortal. She can just live for an extremely long time.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-05-01 at 14:29.
Old 2011-05-01, 22:36   Link #1665
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Also, don't read into that farewell moment too seriously. kitten320 basically summed up why Rukia got so much attention during that scene. It was well deserved and didn't necessarily have to do with foreshadowing feelings of romance.
i didn't say anything about romance. i said it was special, far more special than any relationship he has ever had with any of the characters. kubo clearly established that. as for romantic notions, kubo hasn't done anything remotely close to that with any of the characters. girls like ichigo but he doesn't seem to care. if he suddenly ends up having a romantic relationship with any of the female characters i'd probably complain. if there's going to be a romance in bleach, kubo needs to establish that relationship first. but he's not doing that right now and i doubt he will. that inoue confession was just his way of appeasing the fans. that's as far as he will go, at least for now. but right now, the strongest bond ichigo has with a female is rukia, that we can't deny.

why is age a big deal anyway? we've had series like ah my goddess where the girl is far older than the guy by human standards and yet it's considered cute and acceptable. seems like a form of discrimination to me.
Old 2011-05-02, 00:21   Link #1666
sayde

Quote:
i didn't say anything about romance. i said it was special, far more special than any relationship he has ever had with any of the characters. kubo clearly established that. as for romantic notions, kubo hasn't done anything remotely close to that with any of the characters. girls like ichigo but he doesn't seem to care. if he suddenly ends up having a romantic relationship with any of the female characters i'd probably complain. if there's going to be a romance in bleach, kubo needs to establish that relationship first. but he's not doing that right now and i doubt he will. that inoue confession was just his way of appeasing the fans. that's as far as he will go, at least for now. but right now, the strongest bond ichigo has with a female is rukia, that we can't deny.
If that's all you were trying to suggest (again), then there's no reason to keep doing so. I'm one of the last people that needs to be told of the nature between Ichigo and Rukia's "special" relationship. Once again, my sentiments are only directed towards those who'd advocate a romantic relationship between the two. (Though judging by your most recent comments, I'm going to assume you're among them.) For the last time, I just don't see what the fascination is.
Quote:
why is age a big deal anyway?
"What's the big deal?" Seriously!? You mean to tell me you seriously see nothing off with the concept of hooking up with someone 100 years your senior OR you'd have no problems hooking up w/ jailbait despite having over a century of life experience over him/her? If you aren't capable of grasping what's questionable about that or are at least capable of beginning to understand why not everyone would be able to see things your way, I'd be tempted to say you've been watching too much anime.
Quote:
we've had series like ah my goddess where the girl is far older than the guy by human standards and yet it's considered cute and acceptable. seems like a form of discrimination to me.
"Cute and acceptable"? By who? Fans of that particular anime? That's a convincing point. -_-
I don't know anything about Ah my Goddess, nor do I care about the opinion on the matter from the fans it caters to. If you clearly don't have problems with the issue then good for you I guess. I'm personally weirded out by the concept. But to go as far as to suggest that I'm being discriminative is absurd. Seriously, what group of people exactly would I be discriminating against? The romantically involved couples of the world with 100+ year age gaps between them? Or just the few among them who happen to involve a human being and a spiritual being? lol

Just because I disagree w/ your point of view on the matter doesn't mean you have to make such an unnecessary, ridiculous, and somewhat cynical comment. It's also not something I care to waste further time trying to debate against if that's how you're going to be. So lets agree to disagree and to end the discussion here.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-05-02 at 02:14.
Old 2011-05-02, 08:33   Link #1667
kitten320

I don't mind age gap but there is a point in your statement, 100 years difference is a mega gap. Rukia had experienced and lived throigh so many things that Ichigo is a complete immature for her, a kid with no knowledge.
Old 2011-05-02, 08:36   Link #1668
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't mind age gap but there is a point in your statement, 100 years difference is a mega gap. Rukia had experienced and lived throigh so many things that Ichigo is a complete immature for her, a kid with no knowledge.
And yet we've seen nothing like that at all so far. I think we're simply meant to take it as another plot hole.
Old 2011-05-02, 09:12   Link #1669
Alchemist007
*Author

I wouldn't be surprised if that age of hers is relatable to humans in terms of going by looks. I mean how much smarter are her tactics than say Soutaichou's? I mean they aren't bad but you can't seriously compare them. Not to mention how 'ready' Renji thought he was to fight Byakuya.
Old 2011-05-02, 13:28   Link #1670
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Congrats for hitting the nail on the head for me. Even if looks and age in SS are relative to the human world, a year is still implied to be a year, no matter which realm you reside in (excluding the precipice world). This means Rukia still has over a century of valid life experience over Ichigo. She implied as much when she gave Ichigo an idea of her age in the first chapter. We also know for a fact that growing up within the slums & poorer districts of Rukongai is definitely no easy task--especially for orphaned children. She lived alone under these circumstances for years (likely for longer than Ichigo's been alive) before finally spending an extra decade there with Renji's small group. So to assume that she's "experienced and lived through so many things" throughout her long life is not a stretch IMO--even if Kubo doesn't really do a stellar job of always making her history or personality reflect this. (I assume the fact that Bleach isn't an adult manga might have something to do with it.)

Either way, she still has a century over Ichigo in the only way that age arguably matters. And so long as that's the case, the notion of a working romance between them seems kinda unbelievable to me.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-05-02 at 15:19.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:55   Link #1671
kitten320

Acting childish doesn't mean that you are not mature. I'm 21 and my father still acts like a child most of the time, but he still obviously knows more than me.

Being seriouse doesn't make you smarter and more experiemced. I actually would say that childish acting people might be more mature. Of course if they can be seriouse when needed as well.

Shunsui would be a good example, he also acts childish most of the time but when needed he is very mature.
Old 2011-05-03, 11:01   Link #1672
sayde

Point taken. Sorry to imply anything that made you state that.
Old 2011-05-03, 11:10   Link #1673
kitten320

Ah no, I was not refering to your post
Old 2011-05-07, 05:47   Link #1674
Shenkah Ukitake

Bleach love:

Ichigo and rukia
Renji and rukia
Rangiku and gin
Shunsui and Nanao
Momo and Toshiro!!!

There are many many more still but yeah

The following couples are just creepy and I wish people would stop supporting them...

Kisuke and Ururu
Kenpachi and Yachiru
Rukia and Byakuya (((incest!!!)))
Yamamoto and anyone
Kenpachi and Unohana

Just kinda nasty...
Old 2011-05-07, 05:53   Link #1675
Shenkah Ukitake

Although you gotta admit that true love knows know bounds including age difference... But there is a fine line between adorable and pedophylic... ((( Kenpachi&Yachiru comes to mind...)))
Old 2011-05-07, 06:06   Link #1676
Shenkah Ukitake

Poor chizuru, omaeda, hanaturo... These guys don't stand a chance!
Old 2011-05-07, 09:34   Link #1677
Alchemist007
*Author

It's not incest when they're not related. Also please use the edit button instead of triple posting...
Old 2011-05-07, 10:08   Link #1678
kagato3

Quote:
why is age a big deal anyway? we've had series like ah my goddess where the girl is far older than the guy by human standards and yet it's considered cute and acceptable. seems like a form of discrimination to me.
I'm not going to get back into the shiping wars but it seems you are mistaken about "ah my goddess". They have only ever given a hint at Belldandy's age once and that was when she made a ID for herself at the school and put her date of birth that placed her in her early 20's and remember she can not lie at all.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2011-05-15, 12:35   Link #1679
Xtatic

Ichigo and Rukia would be great. But that's all Renjis so...
Old 2011-05-18, 16:50   Link #1680
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

no riruka x ichigo here?
Knowing kubo, i fear she will have the same destiny as Nel...disapear from main plot and no one remember her anymore
Closed Thread