AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-28, 13:12   Link #181
kari-no-sugata II

Haha, some nice scenery

Nice ending... but yeah, they could definitely do some sequels still. Here's hoping...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 13:42   Link #182
Wade Wilson
Banned

My god, this series is too good and sweet!

The amazing thing about Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is how the studio put so much effort in the music and backgrounds, also the colours and how they give us nice little details like Shirayuki and her faces, same for Zen and the others. The characters are all likeable, even the bad guys.

My veredict for this second season is Diabetes/10 and I really hope we can get a third season, they have enough material for that.
Wade Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 13:44   Link #183
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Annddd ... a very nice and appropo ending for a wonderful series!

I tell ya ... I totally melted at the garden scene. -_-

I would not mind more seasons of this series if they were able to keep to this level of quality - I thought overall it was downright excellent! One of these days I think I am going to steamroll the series when I have the time to get a continuous perspective rather than an (interrupted) weekly one.

Of course there is plenty of material in the manga proper, so viewers who enjoyed this series can continue the story if so desired. ^^

For the series as a whole I would give it a 9/10 - I really, really enjoyed it.
Old 2016-03-28, 14:55   Link #184
Dop
Mmmm....

It was a lovely ending and again the music fitted the scene quite superbly, especially in the garden scene which was wonderful.

I do hope we can have more of this in the future, but if we don't they definitely ended it well.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 16:03   Link #185
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Zen.... hold yourself.. don't just kiss your waifu's neck like that
you're taking all her strength to stand up

well, this is a good closing episode
Izana maintains his challenge, Tanbarun is also working hard in taunting Shirayuki, while Obi, Kiki, and Mitsuhide still supporting from shadow
Since Shirayuki has achieved one of her goal (become official herbalist), now she just put another goal.. to be a princess for Zen
I don't know how she would reach it though

Please don't put "Fin" in the end.. It gives bad vibe.. I believe we'll get season 3
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 16:05   Link #186
VTHokiePride

Zen channelled his inner Valvrave by going for her neck like that
Old 2016-03-28, 18:11   Link #187
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I did not see that "Fin"...I did not see that "Fin". Frack, wish this series has another season...and another after that...and another.

The last episode was so sweet and beautiful. Izana will be one hard nut to crack but Zen proves that he's from the same tree as well. (Or maybe Izana is really protecting Shirayuki from his little brother, whom he knows all too well. ) I never got the impression while reading the manga that Zen was that hotblooded.

*sigh* I will certainly miss this series. It's one of the best romance anime I've seen yet. Well, at least there's still the manga.

Raj, despite his spoiled demeanour, is still very fully aware of all the bureaucratic BS that stagnates the upper crust and royalty. He showed it when he gave Shirayuki that title to help her because he knows the challenges she'll face in her pursuit to be by Zen's side. However, I wonder why Shirayuki doesn't seem to face the same problems had she chose to be with Raj? But then she was initially offered the position of concubine in Tanburan. I get the sense that her position will be different if she returned to Raj this time but I wonder if she'll face the same problems if she pursued the position of Queen of Tanburan as well? Anyway, rhetorical questions since she has chosen to be with Zen.

And Zen is one hell of a muscle man despite his lanky profile...to run with Shirayuki in his arms around the castle and not be totally winded out at the end. (That or Shirayuki needs to eat more. )

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 20:43   Link #188
ginger02

Man I'm going to miss this show so much. It's one of the few shows where I loved all the characters. And geez, I need more Obi in my life
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 21:16   Link #189
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Oh my:

7/10 Need a 3rd season
Old 2016-03-28, 22:08   Link #190
BPD Renegade

This was such an enjoyable series. Everything from the music to the tone gave a peaceful feeling, and the characters interacted so well together. Of the series from the Winter season that have finished so far, this takes second place behind Haikyuu. 8/10
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 04:03   Link #191
IceHism

More enjoyable than first season. I thought the last episode was a bit boring and anticlimactic though. Ah well.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 05:39   Link #192
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-24 at 07:11.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 06:23   Link #193
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
And there's no possibility of a 3rd season? If the show is doing alright (and I think it is for what I've heard) there's enought material for another season, isn't there? I've not read the manga yet, since I am waiting to end the anime first but judging from the number of chapters I guess there's enought at least for another half cour.
There's more than enough (we're not even halfway there), but how many series actually managed to get a S3? Go figure.

Don't even bother hoping for it, since there's little to no chances of it happening, at all (kinda surprised this managed to get a S2, to begin with).

The only consolation here is future OVAs/OADs being (possibly) released.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 06:43   Link #194
Maxulous
mono no aware

So a very good example of a samey fluffy romance fantasy?

Sorry '7 Seeds fans', you should stop holding your breath for that adaptation if this is all people will settle for from shoujo anime.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 09:36   Link #195
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
There's more than enough (we're not even halfway there), but how many series actually managed to get a S3? Go figure.
Technically, this was all the "first season" since it was a split-cour release.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 10:08   Link #196
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Technically, this was all the "first season" since it was a split-cour release.
Exactly - this was one two-cour season, in effect. Based on sales, it's pretty hard to imagine any way we get another. But Bones will throw the fans a bone with OVAs on occasion, so that's a possibility.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 10:15   Link #197
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Zen.... hold yourself.. don't just kiss your waifu's neck like that
you're taking all her strength to stand up
Only I was thinking "is he sucking her blood like a vampire or what"?

I'm hoping for S3.
Old 2016-03-29, 10:40   Link #198
Yamada II

Episode 12 (Finale)
This was a nice episode. Raj has become a better person. Raj turned that friend of the crown thing into something useful for Shirayuki. Now she'll get a vip protocol when she comes to Tanbarun. Sakaki wants Shirayuki to come to Raj because he thinks they're a good match, but Raj probably knows that that'll never happen since Shirayuki already has Zen and he doesn't want to steal another prince's girl lol. Getting this title makes it okay for Shirayuki to be with Zena, because marrying the friend of the crown of Tanbarun is better than marrying a court herbalist. Previously, Shirayuki wasn't directly related to any royalty except that she worked at the castle, but even the guards work at the castle. Now she is directly related to the prince of Tanbarun who is royalty which makes it okay for her to be with Zen.

Shirayuki also tells Zen something similar to what he told her and Izana. Lol Zen wanted to go all the way over there but Shirayuki couldn't handle it so he had to stop. But he has probably already gone all the way and beyond in doujins.

This was a great season. Some good development for Raj and Obi. Obi is a fun guy and I would like to see more of that bastard. This had a lot of Shirayuki kawaiiness and skin revealing but the latter wasn't that fanservicey which was good. The close-up shots in general and Shirayuki in particular were amazing. Great stuff overall.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 14:07   Link #199
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Spoiler for Oh my:

7/10 Need a 3rd season
Truth to be told, unexpected neck kisses from your crush with whom you haven't really gotten all that intimate before CAN REALLY leave your knees weak DD
Old 2016-03-30, 00:07   Link #200
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
More enjoyable than first season. I thought the last episode was a bit boring and anticlimactic though. Ah well.
I also found Cour 2 more enjoyable overall than Cour 1. Cour 1 was very charming, but Court 2 was much more interesting with some excellent conflicts and a lot of welcomed character development.

Cour 2's finale isn't exactly climatic and it is kinda "playing it safe", but it nonetheless makes it clear how Shirayuki and Zen's relationship is developing and where it's very likely to ultimately end up.

Yes, it's certainly slower than how it would most realistically play out, but it's still light-years ahead of the vast majority of anime romances. Shirayuki and Zen have clearly confessed their feelings to one another, have talked about them in some detail, and have had multiple kisses. Zen is no horndog, but his deep desire for Shirayuki is still conveyed well, even with him kissing her neck. There's just the right amount of passion here to compliment all of the sugary-sweetness.

It's a beautiful ending, both beautiful in the heart and beautiful in glorious sparkling visuals. It might not have been a perfect ending, but I'm satisfied with it.