AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2016-09-12, 09:08   Link #16161
Sixth
Hu Tao

The fight between Lucy and Brandish was so good until it revealed that Brandish was holding back. Damn it Mashima!

and Dimaria, why so salty?

As for the time-stop counter, isn't that Lucy has a summon that kinda related to time...the grandfather clock aka Plot clock, right?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 09:55   Link #16162
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
The fight between Lucy and Brandish was so good until it revealed that Brandish was holding back. Damn it Mashima!

and Dimaria, why so salty?

As for the time-stop counter, isn't that Lucy has a summon that kinda related to time...the grandfather clock aka Plot clock, right?
Well it's not like she wasn't trying at all. Just that her magic in reality is so broken that she has to in order to not win every confrontation. Really all she has to do is shrink/enlarge an internal organ to the extreme and kill everyone in her path!

At least I'd consider it simply deciding to fight Lucy on even terms. Make it a fair fight and see what would happen.

Good effort for Lucy and was a nice chance to see her get a fight in. Has really come a long way. Now unfortunately she's got to deal with this lunatic.

I'm sure Brandish will be fine. Probably shrink her wounds or something random like that and she'll be good as new.
Old 2016-09-12, 11:15   Link #16163
Ggb81
Exemplary Character

Yeah, as expected Brandish's ridiculously op abilities had to be curbed. We haven't seen Eileen, August, or Larcade's magic yet, but I can't imagine it would be stronger or more useful than Brandish's. You'd think Brandish would a little more important in Alzvarez considering she can BLOW PEOPLE UP FROM THE INSIDE, but instead the three of them are treated as the strongest while the rest of the Spriggans are kind of lower class.

Anyway, nice chapter for Lucy, and no follow up on Gray. Not that I'm in any rush to go back to that plot thread...

This tumor just need to be removed. Even if she shrinks it to atomic size, it's eventually going to grow again. :P
Old 2016-09-12, 11:24   Link #16164
Wandering Soul

Brandish really is OP. The only thing holding her back is her own personality.

I'm not worried about her injury. I'm sure she can deal with it.
Old 2016-09-12, 11:38   Link #16165
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Woah, proper fight from Lucy and revealing that Brandish could kill all three of them if she wanted to.
The fight itself done good, I can see why it takes no time for Mari to recognized Randi is doing the fight to trick Mari.

The situation is interesting now.
Randi get an open wound, and I'm sure Mari will use Time Stop to prevent her from either made her wound smaller or assisting Lucy.
On other side, so far, Lucy method to deal with time/space magic is to rely on her Hologrium, which possess no combat abilities. Ulltear's time ghost can't help anymore and she can't rely on Natsu or Happy. Looking forward to see how Lucy will deal with Mari's Time Stop.

Old 2016-09-12, 11:40   Link #16166
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggb81 View Post
Yeah, as expected Brandish's ridiculously op abilities had to be curbed. We haven't seen Eileen, August, or Larcade's magic yet, but I can't imagine it would be stronger or more useful than Brandish's. You'd think Brandish would a little more important in Alzvarez considering she can BLOW PEOPLE UP FROM THE INSIDE, but instead the three of them are treated as the strongest while the rest of the Spriggans are kind of lower class.

Anyway, nice chapter for Lucy, and no follow up on Gray. Not that I'm in any rush to go back to that plot thread...

This tumor just need to be removed. Even if she shrinks it to atomic size, it's eventually going to grow again. :P
Eileen could probably erase the entire world, her magic is just as broken as Brandish (shrink down to the molecular level) and Dimaria's (stop time, kill everyone, ZA WARUDO style).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 11:45   Link #16167
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Eileen could probably erase the entire world, her magic is just as broken as Brandish (shrink down to the molecular level) and Dimaria's (stop time, kill everyone, ZA WARUDO style).
I am pretty sure that possessing a high-level magic level can nullifying those haxx. For example, Brandish's power doesn't work on the Neinhart because his magic power got amped up so greatly.
Old 2016-09-12, 11:49   Link #16168
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If we take into account their magic power in order to appraise their abilities, their power levels have been referred to as being "waaay over the top" a few times already, so they definitely work on everyone from Ishgal...even if Natsu can 1HKO their steroid zombies.
Old 2016-09-12, 11:50   Link #16169
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
If we take into account their magic power in order to appraise their abilities, their power levels have been referred to as being "waaay over the top" a few times already, so they definitely work on everyone from Ishgal...even if Natsu can 1HKO their steroid zombies.
Have the feeling that END will just laugh at those haxx, and then proceed burning them.
Old 2016-09-12, 12:47   Link #16170
ChuckE
Provoker

Powers do not matter. In the end they will be defeated. By FT
Old 2016-09-12, 12:52   Link #16171
Ggb81
Exemplary Character

Quote:
Yeah, true.
Old 2016-09-12, 14:00   Link #16172
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I saw the fight between Lucy and Brandish and all I can think of was "Dat character development."

Seriously, Lucy went from chickening out at the mere thought of getting into a battle, to practically flirting with Natsu and accepting his offer for a sparring match (even though she knew that was a hopeless fight). Now she's pulling a fast one against one of the Spriggan 12.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if she goes on to become a future Guild Leader of Fairy Tail. I'm almost certain that FT itself is going to end on a note of her jumping into one of their usual guildhouse brawls like she were Cana.
Old 2016-09-12, 19:16   Link #16173
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Natsu will wake up as E.N.D.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 04:20   Link #16174
Azurial

All I wish is someone in FT need to go for good so much cocktease death already. I dont care if my most favorite one die but someone need to go really. Enemy can die but FT members cheat death with nakama bullshit. Gajeel got save by Eileen magic or Zera save his ass, Juvia got save by Wendy and im sitting here like.................dude WTF : ^( Mashima gotta stop caring about fan service imo this is got out of hand.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 08:31   Link #16175
ChuckE
Provoker

How I miss deaths from Rave Master.
Old 2016-09-13, 08:33   Link #16176
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I saw the fight between Lucy and Brandish and all I can think of was "Dat character development."

Seriously, Lucy went from chickening out at the mere thought of getting into a battle, to practically flirting with Natsu and accepting his offer for a sparring match (even though she knew that was a hopeless fight). Now she's pulling a fast one against one of the Spriggan 12.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if she goes on to become a future Guild Leader of Fairy Tail. I'm almost certain that FT itself is going to end on a note of her jumping into one of their usual guildhouse brawls like she were Cana.
Reminder: She is FT leader in Edolas
Why she can't do the same in original world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
All I wish is someone in FT need to go for good so much cocktease death already. I dont care if my most favorite one die but someone need to go really. Enemy can die but FT members cheat death with nakama bullshit. Gajeel got save by Eileen magic or Zera save his ass, Juvia got save by Wendy and im sitting here like.................dude WTF : ^( Mashima gotta stop caring about fan service imo this is got out of hand.
While it seems like the death is cheated once again, Mashima do it properly in this arc.
Unlike usual nakama power, Gajeel saved by Zera after thrown to her residence pretty much allow Zera to reunite with Zeref and Mavis, which will help revealing her true identity better than meeting her after the war; Wendy saving Juvia made Wendy not sit still even after seeing Chelia lose her GS power (shocking moment right in front of her, which I thought will prevent her to contribute in battlefield).
Old 2016-09-13, 14:05   Link #16177
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not to mention, there is no remaining Ultear to save them from Dimaria...
Old 2016-09-13, 15:02   Link #16178
ginger02

Really liked this recent chapter. Hope to see her star dresses animated.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 05:56   Link #16179
Sixth
Hu Tao

Wow, Eileen got trolled so hard that she got so salty.

It seems that the "magic cancer" is not anti-ethernano but "END". Next chapter should be good.

Gajeel and Levy's conversation was good. Gajeel is finally become honest. I wonder will this going to be same for Gray and Juvia?
Old 2016-09-17, 08:28   Link #16180
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Wow, Eileen got trolled so hard that she got so salty.
Don't worry, even if Eileen can't hurt Mavis due to the Fairy Heart, she can always break a bone or two from Mest.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen