AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2016-10-03, 20:30   Link #16241
rladls2121

Gray thinks Juvia is dead and Natsu thinks Lucy is dead.
Let's see if rest of the Fairy Tails still has hope if Natsu and Gray are having a brawl to the death in this crucial moment on display rather than Mavis.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 20:55   Link #16242
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Zeref's demons did more to Gray than Zeref personally did. Make no mistake, he hates Zeref, but there's nothing weird about his hatred being more focused on the demons, given what happened with his father.
Zeref is at fault for everything as he made the demons. Hell out of all the demons and zeref himself Grey has the least reasons to hate END.If your reasoning is that Grey would hate the demons more than zeref because zeref did not personal do terrible things to grey himself then that applies to END aswell... and unlike END Zeref does take direct blame for the demons. Oh and there's that little fact that Zeref has conquered his home and is currently attacking his family... but ya, i guess that's not worthy of rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... you are aware that being rage-filled tends to disqualify you from logic and rationality, right? Especially when it's also accompanied by evil magic eating away at your mind and soul.

This has been a long time coming, and it makes perfect sense in the circumstances. It might seem stupid to us but we're on the outside, able to see all sides, and all sides objectively. They don't get that luxury, and you have to see how things are from their POV. Your not liking the outcome doesn't disqualify that how it came about still works from the presented narrative.
Quote:
Rage and rational thinking don't mix well.
Except i was not using simply logic but ALSO the rage filled perspective. An enemy kills juvia and grey beats him to the ground... when that enemy tries to tell him something, what do you think the irrational rage filled response should be? To listen to what he says or to tell him to shut up and punch him in the face? Irrational rage makes you LESS likely to listen to others much less an enemy who killed your loved one

All of grey's irrational rage should be directed at Zeref first and foremost. He's at fault for everything; he's currently attacking grey's family and he is the reason Juvia died. It does not take a rational or logical mind to figure that out. That would be the raw emotional response. Heck that's what Natsu's doing... He thinks Lucy died and now he's making a beeline straight for Zeref and will tear threw anything that tries to stop him. The same thing happens to Grey, but he walks in the opposite direction.
Old 2016-10-03, 21:00   Link #16243
ginger02

So, like I don't really get Gray here. Could he let Natsu try to kill Zeref then fight him?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 21:10   Link #16244
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Zeref is at fault for everything as he made the demons.
Eh, the ones from Tartarus can think for themselves for the most part, so it's not odd to blame them more than Zeref.

Quote:
Hell out of all the demons and zeref himself Grey has the least reasons to hate END.
... Did you read the Tartarus arc?

Quote:
Oh and there's that little fact that Zeref has conquered his home and is currently attacking his family... but ya, i guess that's not worthy of rage.
I never said that, just that it isn't weird that he would be angrier at the demons than Zeref.

Quote:
Except i was not using simply logic but ALSO the rage filled perspective. An enemy kills juvia and grey beats him to the ground... when that enemy tries to tell him something, what do you think the irrational rage filled response should be? To listen to what he says or to tell him to shut up and punch him in the face? Irrational rage makes you LESS likely to listen to others much less an enemy who killed your loved one
He already beat him down, but decided to not to finish him off. At that point, he needed to get more info out of him, which he did.

Quote:
All of grey's irrational rage should be directed at Zeref first and foremost. He's at fault for everything; he's currently attacking grey's family and he is the reason Juvia died. It does not take a rational or logical mind to figure that out. That would be the raw emotional response. Heck that's what Natsu's doing... He thinks Lucy died and now he's making a beeline straight for Zeref and will tear threw anything that tries to stop him. The same thing happens to Grey, but he walks in the opposite direction.
He ran into Natsu first, sees him acting like that, and it confirms everything. At that point, the rage takes over. The enemy his father told him to defeat on his deathbed, the leader of the demons of Tartarus that directly messed with said father right in front of him. No wonder he snapped.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 22:15   Link #16245
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
So, like I don't really get Gray here. Could he let Natsu try to kill Zeref then fight him?
What I understand is that Gray is acting irrationally because his Devil Slayer corruption is getting to him, for real this time. Invel tried getting this to happen by making him kill Juvia, but since Juvia's "death" only strengthened his resolve, he told Gray the truth of his friend/rival instead. Juvia even expressed her concern that Gray will probably go completely over the edge if he doesn't find out she's alive and well. I'm going out on a limb to say that Juvia will reveal herself to Gray in the middle of the fight, which will turn the tide for better or worse.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 00:24   Link #16246
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So...both of these guys kind of went berserk because they think their respective female partners are dead. Too bad they don't know what series they are in . They are fine guys.

I guess it will be up to Lucy to track them down before they kill each other. Not sure we can really expect Juvia to make her way over there considering she is half-dead. At least she's understandably being held back by near fatal injuries.
Old 2016-10-04, 02:22   Link #16247
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Gray thinks Juvia is dead and Natsu thinks Lucy is dead.
Let's see if rest of the Fairy Tails still has hope if Natsu and Gray are having a brawl to the death in this crucial moment on display rather than Mavis.
I do think that this manga is really need to remove Romantic development
Mashima handled them so far so bad

well Gray vs Natsu for such simple and weak reasons
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 03:28   Link #16248
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just realized what Eileen reminds me of! The gravity children from Air Gear...

As for NvG, they're both exploding, that much is expected. I just don't want them to fight to the very last of their strength and then some more, because that transcends from random rage into obsession.

Quote:
I do think that this manga is really need to remove Romantic development
Mashima handled them so far so bad
Natsu x Lisanna and Erza x Jellal was good, until the redeeming points came along.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 03:52   Link #16249
ChuckE
Provoker

So so chapter. The drama is simply lacking because we know that both of those girls are alive and that fight Gray vs Natsu might be better in another place and time.
Old 2016-10-04, 04:33   Link #16250
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The deaths may be fake, but their feelings are genuine...
Old 2016-10-04, 21:07   Link #16251
seiftis
~defying fate

I dont know how many times these people just revive back when they are supposed to be dead... Mashima... Facepalm
Old 2016-10-04, 23:03   Link #16252
B214

As many times as Mashima wants them to comeback. Jellal, Gray, Gajeel, Mira, Juvia. And the list most likely will continue from now on...
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-05, 01:03   Link #16253
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Let's face it, dying is extremely hard in a world where healing mages who can bring back the dead reside...Grandine and Wendy are just too good at what they do, and now we got Brandish shrinking wounds too. Ultear turned back time, albeit at the cost of her character being essentially removed, and even Mest has saved a few people via teleportation magic.
Old 2016-10-05, 03:35   Link #16254
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Let's face it, dying is extremely hard in a world where healing mages who can bring back the dead reside...Grandine and Wendy are just too good at what they do, and now we got Brandish shrinking wounds too. Ultear turned back time, albeit at the cost of her character being essentially removed, and even Mest has saved a few people via teleportation magic.
It does not matter. You think characters do not know that dying is extremely hard? They basically live in the world where nobody died (at least FT side) yet. And yet we have a drama like "oh no he killed Juvia", "oh no Lucy is dead" -> how do you expect to believe in that knowing that everybody is alive?

I suggest you to recall RaveMaster episodes like
Spoiler:

they still had more tragic than current event
Old 2016-10-05, 06:19   Link #16255
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There have been many references to RAVE, in both characters and plot, but RAVE and FT are as different as night and day - the tragic elements that eventually came to define RAVE have only been tossed in FT without ever resolving. After Juvia's last survival, I am absolutely certain that nobody is going to die in FT...not even Zeref. Sucks to be him!
Old 2016-10-07, 04:26   Link #16256
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Spoiler for Chapter 505:
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 05:01   Link #16257
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post