AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-06-28, 09:05   Link #261
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished the game yesterday. I'd say this is the most daring sequel since MGS2, and in fact it goes a LOT further than MGS2 did in its time. I can tell why the game would be so polarizing. I was only spoiled a bit but I myself thought it sounded terrible. However, playing through the entire thing yourself changes everything. You find out all those little details about the characters' pasts, their motivations, their struggles. I'm so glad I decided to give this game a chance. I ended up loving it.

Spoiler for Spoilers for the entire game:

Gameplay wise, it was an improvement over the first game in every way. Even extremely mundane stuff like being able to break windows to enter closed rooms felt great. Lots of spectacular moments, as well. Had a lot of fun.
Main disappointment is that only one area of the game was really huge. The scale of the rest of the game felt like it wasn't too different from the first game.

Sales didn't end up being affected one bit by the leaks. We'll see if the game keeps selling in the long run though. Word of mouth might put some brakes. Or maybe not. It's actually hard to quantify how much people loved the game compared to the people who hated it (Metacritic is not a good indicator).
Old 2020-06-28, 15:48   Link #262
Blueknight78

well here my 2 cents, while i don't played the game since i don't have a playstation 4 and not too found of playstation emulators, then i don't played even the 1 but read all the plot, history, saw gameplays and walkthrought and all well what i get which was really bad was really abbey and not because she is a trans or anything like that, but because she is poor worked and developed, because she ended getting exactly what she want, which was her vengeance and somehow get her "happy end" since while ellies not, she was a lot worked developed, going from "full vegeance" to near the end "get a change of mind" and all just to end like that, then i can understand the anger and critics about the "plot and script.

for what i get it was supposed to show how "vengeance" is bad and to break the cicle or hate and vengeance but it don't proper worked in the end and you feel like they just don't break it and keep the cicle.

Also another problem is which this game as heavy focused on "humans" and less focused on the "monsters and apocalipse" much more like the walkind dead were the "walkers and the disease become less and less revelant and it focus more and more in "humans" and how nasty and worst they can be than the "monsters", the famous "humans are true monsters", you have more battles and moments against humand than the infected monsters.

Another complain going to gameplay is the fact which "almost 100%" of the humans you fight are heavy armed and have infinity ammo, in a apocalipse world were "guns and ammos were supposed to be "more rare", feeling more like a "shooter action game".

"now going from "another big issue i also had and 100% agree about this game and specially sony was the "censorship of sony and they hypocrisy, we had DMC with the "light beam censor and many japaneses games being heavy censored here in western but "this game have something even "more dire" tha many games and "not have the censorship ban, only in japan it get censored but here is perfect fine because "it's naught dog" and for that they can but any other game "can't.

This angered me a lot and i do agree on that issue with many peoples, because it's show how much work "western censorship" and "values" nowadays.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-06-28 at 16:02.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 21:30   Link #263
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/29/last-...june-12916439/
Old 2020-07-01, 17:05   Link #264
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

ND only got the advantage of riding on the first game's success but once you get the game sequel and play it this is to be expected.
Old 2020-07-04, 09:15   Link #265
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Laura Bailey (voice of Abby) is getting threats on Twitter due to her performance on the game.

What is wrong with people?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-04, 09:57   Link #266
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Cancel culture in full swing.
It has happened to the voice actress behind Overwatch's Brigitte, who was considered the cause of a long-standing issue on in-game balance.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-04, 14:44   Link #267
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Laura Bailey (voice of Abby) is getting threats on Twitter due to her performance on the game.

What is wrong with people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Cancel culture in full swing.
It has happened to the voice actress behind Overwatch's Brigitte, who was considered the cause of a long-standing issue on in-game balance.
indeed the world is getting more and more "crazy" with all that "culture war and cancel wars, everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is wrong, pronouns genders, peoples indentify as deers, cats, dogs, aliens, trees, social networks as twitter and facebook become "battlegrounds, peoples diggng in others past, making fake news creating conspirations theories, while those things were "not new", since 2018 to specially nw 2020 with the covid, things are scalating to a new level of "how much crap mankind is, how much low we can go for our own selfish and idiocity.

i can understand peoples don't like the characters because they "dont lick with then" or don't like the script" and others things bu goes to length of "death threats" and the worst the networks "doing nothing" to stop it is something horrible, i'm totally in in "free of speech" but "hatefull speech and death threats is another history, you are not giving any valid argument or usefull than showing how crap you are as a person.
Old 2020-07-04, 18:47   Link #268
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What's the reasoning behind this exactly? All she did was play a fictional character.

I doubt we'll hear her in another ND game again. She already got tons of shit for playing Nadine in Uncharted 4 because she wasn't black.
Old 2020-07-05, 04:56   Link #269
The Green One

People just think the Internet is a free ride to say whatever they want without consequences.
Old 2020-07-05, 17:10   Link #270
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What I don't get is why they're going after her of all people. Is there information I'm missing (like her being involved with the writing, I don't know) or is people's hatred for a fictional character spilling over to the person who voiced her, which strikes me as completely irrational?
Old 2020-07-05, 17:55   Link #271
Golden Lily

^This's not really the first time it happened either. Peter Blomquist also received death threats for his role as Micah from RDR2.
People really need to seperate characters and people who potray them.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 18:15   Link #272
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
^This's not really the first time it happened either. Peter Blomquist also received death threats for his role as Micah from RDR2.
People really need to seperate characters and people who potray them.
I didn't know about that. Crazy times we live in.
Old 2020-07-05, 19:04   Link #273
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The Naughty Dog Twitter account made a comment about that while critical issues are welcome, the threats are going too far. I also follow Laura Bailey and the actress adressed these threats. I haven't heard of anything like this since Evangelion or the Star Wars prequels.

https://twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO/st...73199918292992

Also, I heard the game has some sort of sex scene. Did motion actors....?
Old 2020-07-05, 20:30   Link #274
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't know about that. Crazy times we live in.
yeah this is not something new many "draw artists, mangakas, well creators in general get they "share" of death threats, specially in our beloved "twitter", this is why twitter nowadays i called the "trash dump" of internet, basically all the crap the human can do happens in twitter (others social networks but twitter is the most well know for that).

This is why sometmes i feel which zack snyder is really smart by using the "vero(a underground social network), because he keep himself safe from the "mob" from twitter while posting his news a so far very "safe place".

Also she don't have to much of a lucky on that because if i'm not wrong another "voice actress role she had in another game", the game which i don't recall now the name, also get a lot of critics, she is really not lucky over that.
Old 2020-07-07, 22:16   Link #275
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That kind of thing is pretty darn nuts, but sadly nothing shocking. Weirdly people will go after someone like that who just played a character. Not that it would be good to go after anyone. But at least direct criticism towards the director and writing staff...they made the characters do whatever they did.
Old 2020-07-13, 16:12   Link #276
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Doing poorly in Asian stores in general.
https://nyannet.com/taiwanese-retail...ssive-surplus/
Old 2020-07-23, 05:18   Link #277
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Doing poorly in Asian stores in general.
https://nyannet.com/taiwanese-retail...ssive-surplus/
That's a shame, the game doesn't hold a candle to the first one but I still enjoyed playing it, peoples expectations for this game were above and beyond.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 23:26   Link #278
AHT

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-15, 03:04   Link #279
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
indeed the world is getting more and more "crazy" with all that "culture war and cancel wars, everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is wrong, pronouns genders, peoples indentify as deers, cats, dogs, aliens, trees, social networks as twitter and facebook become "battlegrounds, peoples diggng in others past, making fake news creating conspirations theories, while those things were "not new", since 2018 to specially nw 2020 with the covid, things are scalating to a new level of "how much crap mankind is, how much low we can go for our own selfish and idiocity.

i can understand peoples don't like the characters because they "dont lick with then" or don't like the script" and others things bu goes to length of "death threats" and the worst the networks "doing nothing" to stop it is something horrible, i'm totally in in "free of speech" but "hatefull speech and death threats is another history, you are not giving any valid argument or usefull than showing how crap you are as a person.

I can relate to this. Sometimes it feels like the whole world is going insane and I am trying not to fall into insanity.
Old 2020-09-23, 03:22   Link #280
Eragon
Still Alive

This game is too fucking good.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?