AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-10-15, 00:09   Link #2001
rladls2121

Is there any info on drama cds for Sen III?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-17, 14:01   Link #2002
Nighty40

since there was a drama CD, manga, and even a live musical(I don't know whats with the Japanese and adapting things into live musicals) anyone think an anime would happen? (and not be like Trails in the sky's one episode mess)

Last edited by Nighty40; 2017-10-17 at 15:20.
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-17, 23:27   Link #2003
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty40 View Post
since there was a drama CD, manga, and even a live musical(I don't know whats with the Japanese and adapting things into live musicals) anyone think an anime would happen? (and not be like Trails in the sky's one episode mess)
I give it 50-50, but I personally hope not. There are too many problems for a good adaptations.

- The length: Usual anime in this era ran for 12 eps. For Cold Steel 1 alone 12 eps isn't enough I believe, especially the endgames.

- The characters: Even with 24 eps, showing ALL the students NPC and their personality is quite difficult. But they're NPC! Here's the thing: The student NPC is part of what makes the game enjoyable and memorable. I can conceivably names practically ALL of the students we met, and that's sayin gsomething considering I finished the game half a year ago.

- The pairing: Hooo boy. Now this, THIS is the one thing that I'm most afraid of. Either the anime make people believe Rean is one of the usual dense LN protag, or they're going for a official pairing - and Falcom's usual stance is Alisa, who, while not exactly hated, can't really compare to the other girls in term of popularity worldwide.
Old 2017-10-17, 23:49   Link #2004
LROlsson

Sen no Kiseki magazine vol.2 is now up to pre order on amazon. Nothing new to say about it though.

There is going to be another book released that day(16th) also, Sen no Kiseki 3 The Complete Guide. Well, more or less a walkthrough with data and such. There will be a 4-koma manga in it, and it comes with swimsuit DLC for Juna, Musse and Altina.
One thing to note is that the book is for the patch 1.04, but the latest patch is 1.03 so expect a patch soon.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 00:11   Link #2005
rladls2121

Spoiler for Hamel:
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 01:25   Link #2006
LROlsson

Falcom have released their Financials report.
Their plan for 2018(October 2017 to September 2018) is to release Sen no Kiseki , Sen no Kiseki 2 and the latest Sen no Kiseki(4) for PS4.
Old 2017-11-09, 02:09   Link #2007
Marx-93

We'll have kiseki for years! And we're going to love it!
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 04:50   Link #2008
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Their plan for 2018(October 2017 to September 2018) is to release Sen no Kiseki , Sen no Kiseki 2 and the latest Sen no Kiseki(4) for PS4.
Day 1 purchases for me. Don't care if I already own them thrice over
Old 2017-11-09, 12:13   Link #2009
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Hope they get some upgrades and not just a standard port.
Old 2017-11-09, 15:34   Link #2010
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
They'll likely take cues from XSEED's PC port and have more voices. If it's fully voiced then even better.
Old 2017-11-09, 15:41   Link #2011
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
the parts where everyone was voiced except for Rean always irked me so I hope they do what Xseed did on their PC port
Old 2017-11-11, 00:22   Link #2012
KikeLyne

I just hope they continue using XSEED for localization or a better WILD CARD instead of NISA.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 01:08   Link #2013
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So a 4th Sen game but still no English announcement for 3rd?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 06:36   Link #2014
Marx-93

If it's XSEED then they don't tend to announce things until it's close to release. We probably won't hear about it until 2018.
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 07:07   Link #2015
The Green One

We've got time. Sen 3 hasn't even been localized yet, so it's not like we're in a hurry here. I'm sure we'll hear something later in 2018 as Marx said.
Old 2017-11-13, 10:38   Link #2016
LROlsson

A preview for Sen no Kiseki magazine vol.2 have been uploaded, and there you can (somewhat) read parts of the interview.
Here is there reason for why it will be two games:

Falcom had the intention of finishing the arc with Sen 3.
However when the development team came with the project plan, Falcom thought from previous experience that there were no way they would be able to develop it for a single game.
If they would have made it a single game, it would have a really rushed pacing.
Falcom thought it would be for the best to give the Erebonia arc the time it needs, and
since it will be a big end/pause for the trailer series, they decided to turn it into 2 games.
Old 2017-11-13, 10:42   Link #2017
The Green One

I can't speak for others, but I'm happy they're taking the time and attention to properly show the arc rather than take the butcher's cleaver to it to try to cram it all into one game to finish it with the third game. I'm expecting an epic ending for the fourth.
Old 2017-11-13, 12:15   Link #2018
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

It would be a repeat of SRW Z3 if they did that so yeah.
Old 2017-11-13, 12:40   Link #2019
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
A preview for Sen no Kiseki magazine vol.2 have been uploaded, and there you can (somewhat) read parts of the interview.

However when the development team came with the project plan, Falcom thought from previous experience that there were no way they would be able to develop it for a single game.
Falcom thought it would be for the best to give the Erebonia arc the time it needs, and
since it will be a big end/pause for the trailer series, they decided to turn it into 2 games.
I just hope it doesn't finish on a cliffhanger like CS1 did. That was brutal. I can't imagine reaching that and having to wait years to see the ending.
Old 2017-11-13, 16:40   Link #2020
Nighty40

Quote:

so that debunks the Chinese publisher theory, this also gives me hope that OG Class VII will be permanent party members again instead of having three of them join Rean for a chapter, and then having them all come back near the end. which would be silly considering that most of them have some character arcs set up for them

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria