AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-09-01, 12:41   Link #1021
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
The problem is not Logical wise, but plot wise, as the reason why Hunter said Naruto is not a Hyuga, I guess.
Still, I won't feel comfortable if Byagukan is left the way it was shown at the beginning.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 12:57   Link #1022
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Still, I won't feel comfortable if Byagukan is left the way it was shown at the beginning.
Well..Think about it this way, there are people who would not be conftoble if Byakugan gain abilities to match the sharingan. Including, even maybe, Kishimoto himself.

Besides, the purpose of giving Byakugan new Abilities to match the Sharingan should be for a Hyuga and a Uchiha fight, and a Fight like this would just lack the coolness because everyone will know before hand who is going to be the winner.

Well, its all deppend on the use Kihi would like to give the Byakugan in terms of plot, somehow I just don't see this happening.
Old 2006-09-01, 13:13   Link #1023
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

From the Naruto Forum Rules:
Quote:
Make sure you follow these rules if you want to stay out of trouble.

1. Forbidden threads

* Review of a single fansub group's recent release.
* Release Announcements.
* Rumors of whether a series is licensed or not.
* Discussion unfriendly.
* Versus threads.
Closing to prevent further infection and rashing of the groin area.

/Edit: Well I talked with a couple of the other Mods/Admins that have been around and they said to leave this open. Sorry about that people. Thread is open!

*walks away whistling*

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-09-01 at 14:01.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 14:34   Link #1024
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Naruto being or not being a Hyuga is not an issue here. If the information on the web is correct, they seem to share the same origins.

Sharingan is shown to obtain zillions of different capabilities in a non-stop manner, whereas for Byagukan we have only two. I can understand the curse related part as a special case (just that part, not the other stuff that comes with it), but for others it is logical to expect some kind of reciprocity (I hope I chose the right word here) or mutual correspondence among the powers of those two.
Like Rurik said I was more refering plotwise but for the sake of discussion : why?
It's not like these bloodlines are mean to be fated to be equally powerful even if they seem to be fated to be almost equally loved by the fanbase.
The Sharingan and the Byakugan may share the same origin but so does monkey and us and I sure you don't intend them to hide some secret power which they could use to fight back Earth
In the same way all jutu come from chakra... Which doesn't mean all jutsu have the same potential.

I remember 4 years ago at the beginning of this thread some people were already saying the Sharingan had shown the end of its abilities whereas the Byakugan was just started.... Well in these 4 years we got to learn a (tiny) weakness from the Byakugan while the Sharingan continues spaming new broken abilities like there is no tomorow.

Had Sasuke & Itachi been Hyuga it would be the opposite but given the story each time Naruto & co will become more powerful the Sharingan will drop some new insane power until the end of the series (or until all Uchiha are beaten but that should be close to the end as well).

That being said, I do hope we will get to learn more about the Byakugan and that Kishimoto will invent some new cool things about it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 14:44   Link #1025
Chopz601

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
sharingan, think it look better than the byukugan i need 2 see more from both eyes before making a choice for battle
I dont we have seen the FULL power of the Byukugan. Does it have anykind of evolution like the Sharingan? It's too early to actually match the too. But right now, they cancel each other out really?? each has there Advantage and Disadvantage. Though Actually unless you have the MS, All Byukugan user has to do is fight you with Taijutsu and hit you Chakra points. Remember what Might Guy said, Look at his Feet and stay away from his eyes.

Also his name is MIGHT GUY not Maito Gai...Where did the name Maito Gai come from???The name "Might Guy" is a joke aimed at the "hot-headed hero" archetype that appears in many movies and anime. Shonen Jump even uses the name "MIGHT GUY" or "MIGHTY GUY" (which was changed to MIGHT GUY)
Chopz601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 21:30   Link #1026
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopz601
Also his name is MIGHT GUY not Maito Gai...Where did the name Maito Gai come from???The name "Might Guy" is a joke aimed at the "hot-headed hero" archetype that appears in many movies and anime. Shonen Jump even uses the name "MIGHT GUY" or "MIGHTY GUY" (which was changed to MIGHT GUY)
As a direct translation from katakana to roma-ji.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 22:19   Link #1027
mechwar666
Mech

Send a message via MSN to mechwar666
I say neither ...

People would think your blind with the byukagan white eyes, when in reality you can make an eagle say: "do you have eyes on the back of your head?".

And with the sharingan eyes YOU SIMPLY ARE A FREAK ... I will stay with a kyubi instead of special eyes. At least with a kyubi you are a FREAK! but with a good reason to be one, you would have a demon inside ^^.
mechwar666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 09:07   Link #1028
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
As a direct translation from katakana to roma-ji.
Doesn't matter! We have to accept that characters's name are about as stupid as it get and we should call Iruka Dolphin of the Sea, Ino Wild Boar in the Mountain, Kakashi Field Scarecrow and the list goes on!
Old 2006-09-02, 19:10   Link #1029
Ambiguously Unknown

Id rather have a sharingan.
Ambiguously Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 19:22   Link #1030
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Doesn't matter! We have to accept that characters's name are about as stupid as it get and we should call Iruka Dolphin of the Sea, Ino Wild Boar in the Mountain, Kakashi Field Scarecrow and the list goes on!
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:40   Link #1031
mechwar666
Mech

Send a message via MSN to mechwar666
Quote:
Hunter: Old man from the mountain
mechwar666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 22:50   Link #1032
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopz601
Actually a direct translation would be Maito Gai(I think this is the written pronunciation of the Japanese sound), but when translated for english purposes it's might guy , both would be correct...mighty guy prob. would sound better in english though

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2006-09-04 at 12:52.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 11:49   Link #1033
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

byakugan would win if the fighter could get close enough to land two chakra hole plugs on the sharingan user's eyes

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 12:29   Link #1034
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Yeah except if Sharingan could get close enough to land two hole plugs on the Byakugan user's eyes.
... Assuming these eyes got fingers of course.
Old 2006-09-04, 13:56   Link #1035
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Amaterasu > crispy neji strips. ggnore

the white eyes can see the future, but can they make chocolate chips cookies?

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-09-04 at 14:16.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 14:24   Link #1036
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yeah except if Sharingan could get close enough to land two hole plugs on the Byakugan user's eyes.
... Assuming these eyes got fingers of course.

Assumption is the mother of screw-ups.

---Neji vs. Kakashi = kakashi wins
---Neji vs. Sasuke = even
---Sasuke vs. Neji's daddy = Neji's dad wins.

---SEE the context and logic behind that
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:12   Link #1037
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu

---Neji vs. Kakashi = kakashi wins
---Neji vs. Sasuke = even
---Sasuke vs. Neji's daddy = Neji's dad wins.

so these arent "Assumptions"
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:17   Link #1038
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

It's not assumption it's fact...and as i said --SEE the context and logic behind that
--You didn't see the logic behind it.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:58   Link #1039
tatami
back in black

Quote:
It's not assumption it's fact...and as i said --SEE the context and logic behind that
--You didn't see the logic behind it.
you r going to be next yf wont you?

how come it is a fact show us some proofs and manga chapters,better show us the fights....

these are your "Assumptions" not facts.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 16:10   Link #1040
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
[...]
I try very hard to connect your post with mine but I must admit I failed... Oh wait!
Maybe I understand : I assumed that their eyes didn't possess fingers which considering the last ridiculous upgrades the Sharingan got was a stupid assumption.

The next Sharingan's boost will be little hands growing onto the eyes to make their own Sharingan handseals!