AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2008-09-05, 18:38   Link #61
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

I get to see more of Al the Alchemist! Yay!!!
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 18:13   Link #62
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
I've got mixed feelings on the prospect of a complete remake. On one hand, yes it would be cool to see a more faithful manga adaptation that better follows the original creator story to its proper end. As well, would be nice if they do it in HD resolution as well. However, on the other hand it also seems like its a bit too early and not really necessary to go for a complete remake of the show at this point IMO.

More ideally for me they should just make an actual original second season that would override the shallow and rushed movie storyline with a more fleshed out and proper continuation from the ending of the first TV series.

The movie touched on a lot of cool idea's but due to its constrained length couldnt properly explore them such as the discovery and consequences of nuclear fission through alchemy and other things.
How about you just be happy that there's going to be more fullmetal alchemist. Complaining won't change anything. And if it turns out you don't like it, there's a very simple solution: DON'T FREAKIN WATCH IT LAMER!
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 21:04   Link #63
Havanese

I'm extremely excited about the prospect of a new FMA series. I love the manga (as you can tell by my avatar), and I greatly prefer it to the anime. The story is, in my opinion, much richer and the characters are better developed. I just hope BONES stays true to the manga and makes the adaption as loyal as possible.

I heard on the fullmetal-alchemist.com forums that there is an article about FMA2 in Newtype and a couple other anime magazines. Apparently, they were released in Japan yesterday. Is this true? And, if it is true, is it possible for anyone to post the scans? (I apologize if asking for scans is not allowed; I'm new here ).
Havanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 15:09   Link #64
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
How about you just be happy that there's going to be more fullmetal alchemist. Complaining won't change anything. And if it turns out you don't like it, there's a very simple solution: DON'T FREAKIN WATCH IT LAMER!
Troll much? I'll state whatever praises or criticisms I damn well please about the shows that I watch thank you very much. Thats what this place is for.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:24   Link #65
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, this is good news. I hope they end up following the manga since I believe there is more than enough material to work with along with how it feels like the manga may be entering the finale soon enough. I hope they manage to get everyone back on board in their roles.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:44   Link #66
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, this is good news. I hope they end up following the manga since I believe there is more than enough material to work with along with how it feels like the manga may be entering the finale soon enough. I hope they manage to get everyone back on board in their roles.
From what I've heard, the author has stated that the series will end soon, so this time, we just might get the entire manga-story in the anime. After all, this series won't start for another 6 months, and it'll last for a year, so if the manga really is nearly over, it'll propably finish before the anime does.
Old 2008-09-23, 09:17   Link #67
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Real world physics ciompared to Rentanjitsu? I'll take the Rentanjitsu, thank you very much. Oh, will be looking out for who voiced the manga-only characters.
Old 2008-09-23, 20:40   Link #68
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Such great news...Can't wait for the new homoculis..Hope they time-skip like 8 years so we can get some Winry grownupness ...
Old 2008-09-26, 02:32   Link #69
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
This is awesome. I'm so looking forward to the show. I thought I'm never gonna see them again but they're back!!

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 23:29   Link #70
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Yay, I cant wait.

FMA has a special touch to it.. A series that can stay serious and entertaining at the same time.
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 04:40   Link #71
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

FMA remake? yey!
FMA sequel? >.> yuk, stay dead.
Old 2008-09-27, 19:34   Link #72
muramasa.swordsman

Whoever suggested to continue the old FMA series is an idiot. Remake of the series is a plausible idea.
muramasa.swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:07   Link #73
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by muramasa.swordsman View Post
Whoever suggested to continue the old FMA series is an idiot. Remake of the series is a plausible idea.
absolutely... the original series has a wonderful ending IMO ( not the movie so much... though that was pretty good too..) - open ended, yet didnt leave you empty. however, im definetly looking forward to a more faithful manga adaptation.

fma is the first series i ever downloaded. you can imagine how excited i am about this
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:25   Link #74
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

i hope they could get back to shamballa
Old 2008-10-03, 21:21   Link #75
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I wonder why this is still on the retired part of the forums!, comon!!! it's Full Metal Fking Alchemist!!!!!, put it on active forums, it will be soon anyways.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:08   Link #76
pitadotcom
i like junior members....

its probably gonna run parallel to the manga again. i dont care as long as get my FMA fix
pitadotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 02:11   Link #77
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
I wonder why this is still on the retired part of the forums!, comon!!! it's Full Metal Fking Alchemist!!!!!, put it on active forums, it will be soon anyways.
A request/complaint has already been made...
Old 2008-10-09, 08:56   Link #78
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
But will it take place after the movie, or will it be a brand new spin-off?
i realise i am replying 3 pages late and you may have been answered or found out the answer for yourself but, it will follow the manga more closely starting from where the anime split from the original. that's what i hear anyway.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:07   Link #79
Avira
fanart-fan :D

*gasp*

Whaa??! Does this mean MORE ED and MORE WINRY and MORE ENVY??!

Yesyesyes!! FMA was my very first anime, which means it's very special^^ And FMA 2 is like...whoa 0.0
But will it be a complete new season or more like (for example) Hellsing? 'Cause first they made the anime Hellsing, which was pretty different from the manga, but are now making a new series(Hellsing OVA). I'm confused

EDIT:Okay, so I read the post just above mine and got my answer^^;;;
Old 2008-10-12, 13:57   Link #80
Shana

Okay.

This. Is. So. Awesome.

At first I though "mmh... alright, I think I'll watch it." but now that I've read the manga up to now, I must say that I am SO excited to watch it! I don't care if it's a remake so they do it the way it should've been done, but I would just LOVE to get a whole new season starting from where they split.

Oh man I just can't wait!

Tags
adventure, shounen