AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-31, 21:42   Link #21
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2004_seiya/index.html

Anyone knows what is this saint seiya movie about??? (Can't read japanese ).
It is already out on February 2004, but how come nobody ever mention it.
Is it related to Hades saga or this is totally side story???
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 21:56   Link #22
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
Anyone knows what is this saint seiya movie about??? (Can't read japanese ).
It is already out on February 2004, but how come nobody ever mention it.
Is it related to Hades saga or this is totally side story???

its a side story. I think is after the hades saga and it involves the goddess arthemis as the nemesis. For more info you can go here they have an english section, but the spanish section is more updated (sorry i dont know any site more complete and in english). Now for what i know its almost impossible to get a raw, because at this point is only presented in theaters. You can find the screener but i think thats hideous, we saint seiya fans have to wait until de DVD realease!!!!
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 00:09   Link #23
dark_angel23

i need to see more episodes of saint seiya

what is episode G ?

is saint seiya have movies? which is the full name of them? i wanna down them
dark_angel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 02:10   Link #24
mantidor
the Iniquitous

well, the episode G is an episode in wich the story of the origins of the twelve golden saints is explained, im not sure thou

there are 4 movies. With the tenkai hen, the last one, its a total of 5. I don't now the names, sorry.
Old 2004-04-01, 02:40   Link #25
dark_angel23

and you have that episode G ? i can't find it :s
Old 2004-04-01, 03:13   Link #26
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_angel23

i need to see more episodes of saint seiya

what is episode G ?

is saint seiya have movies? which is the full name of them? i wanna down them
II said it clearly in my other post; The Episode G is a manga, this manga is dedicated exclusively to the story of the Gold Saints (The ones on my signature). In other words, you get to know much more deeply how they earned their armor and how their personal lives are. I must say that this manga in amazing, I'm reading it and it has a wonderful story and a LOT of character development. Besides, the graphics are just awesome.

The story takes place 13 years ago before the actual story of SS when Athena was just a little baby who was sent by the Gods. The story begins with the pope of the sanctuary of Athena trying to assassinate Athena when she was asleep, but Aioros the gold saint Sagittarius saved her just before the pope is able to kill her. Aioros takes the baby Athena on his arms and escapes with her from the sanctuary. In order to cover up his original intentions the pope declares that Aioros had tried to kill Athena and therefore he is a betrayer of the Sanctuary. The sanctuary as a consecuence kills Aioros. However, by the time that he dies he had already given the baby to the care of someone else.

Being Aioros' younger bother, Aioria, the gold saint of Leo, he is also considered a betrayer of sanctuary, and so, the story of the manga develops around Aioria's struggle to regain his honor as a rightful and loyal gold saint of the Sanctuary while he also tries to prove to the pope that he is a worthy individual who has sworn to forget all about his older brother Aioros whom he deeply hates.

As I said before it's very probable that the episode G becomes an animated saga in the near future, due to the fact that it is very popular throughout Japan

Here are some pictures of the begining of the Episode G:

Old 2004-04-01, 03:24   Link #27
dark_angel23

so the episode animate only is released wen the hades saga finished no?
Old 2004-04-01, 03:32   Link #28
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_angel23
so the episode animate only is released wen the hades saga finished no?

Probably who knows. Actually the Hades saga was supposed to be the end of the series but it seems that with this new movie the author of the seires is trying to shown that he plans to go on. We will maybe se the Zeus chapter or the Episode G.
Old 2004-04-01, 03:41   Link #29
dark_angel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Probably who knows. Actually the Hades saga was supposed to be the end of the series but it seems that with this new movie the author of the seires is trying to shown that he plans to go on. We will maybe se the Zeus chapter or the Episode G.
i hope more saint seiya fans wrote in this forum if you have some news from saint seiya replay on this forum

Old 2004-04-01, 09:36   Link #30
mantidor
the Iniquitous

well i found tha names of the saint seiya movies ( but in spanish, sorry)

LA REENCARNACION DE ERIS / ELLIS LA DIOSA DE LA GUERRA

LA ARDIENTE BATALLA DE LOS DIOSES

LA LEYENDA DE LA JUVENTUD ESCARLATA (LOS CABALLEROS CONTRAATACAN)

HEROES DE LA SAGRADA BATALLA FINAL

EDIT:

I found the complete names!

1) SAINT SEIYA - THE MOVIE
LA REENCARNACION DE ERIS / ELLIS LA DIOSA DE LA GUERRA

2) LA ARDIENTE BATALLA DE LOS DIOSES
KAMIGAMI NO ATSUKI
God's Heated Battle

3) LA LEYENDA DE LA JUVENTUD ESCARLATA (LOS CABALLEROS CONTRAATACAN)
SHINKU NO SHONEN
Legend of Crimson Youth

and my favorite ( i downloaded it in french and although i didn't understand anything a love it!)

4) HEROES DE LA SAGRADA BATALLA FINAL
SAISHU SEISEN NO SENSHI TACHI
Warriors of the Las Holy War

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-04-01 at 09:48. Reason: found the name in three languages
Old 2004-04-01, 10:31   Link #31
plui31

So is this Episode G manga completed? Or is it on going? How long is the manga?
plui31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 14:09   Link #32
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by plui31
So is this Episode G manga completed? Or is it on going? How long is the manga?
Until the moment they are on chapter 16.

Unfortunately guys, if you don't know Spanish or French it will be really hard for you to find it. Or almost impossible due to the fact that Cartoon network has been destroying the reputation of classic anime series because they think that it is proper to make some "adjustments" to the show if it is a little too violent. The best example of this is: Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z. This show is a complete classic in South America and Europe, but here it sucks ass. The same is happening with Saint Seiya, I have asked many guys who watch SS on CN about their opinion for this show, and most of them say that it is a kid’s show, it doesn't have good graphics, it doesn't have a clear story, the battles are boring, and the blood is GREEN!

GO to this page: http://www.zodiacknights.com/ This is the DIC's page for Saint Seiya which is here called Knights of the Zodiac (The same as in Spanish "Los caballeros del zodiaco") This page offers a lot of false information about the original characters of the series. The best Example is Cygnus Hyoga's description:

New name: SWAN HYOGA:

Description: SWAN is a snowboarding dude of about 18, and he speaks in full surfer/snowboarding slang. He is always cracking jokes and mouthing off...

This description is an insult for any Saint Seiya fan. Saint Seiya is being considered as the new power rangers in the US, this is the most accurate description of the show, which is being currently aired every Saturday on Cartoon Network.

In brief, Saint Seiya is an average show in the US as Dragon Ball Z is, and if you don't know any of these two shows please; don't start watching them in US television because your opinion about the series will be permanently affected. I demonstrated that with this thread as for nobody who has wathed the DBZ in South America or Europe would think so lowly of that show.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ht=people+hate

Forget about Saint Seiya if you don't have any other source to watch it except for CN, and forget about the episode G because no one in the US will like to work on an average manga story.
Old 2004-04-01, 17:56   Link #33
E X
Aquarius no Gold Saint

Hyouga is an 18 year old snowboarding dude who's always mouthing off!!?? I would be angry and offended but I don't really care since I get to see the true version of both the Dragon Ball series and Saint Seiya.

I don't know how they are going to "fix" the battle of the Sanctuary or the Asgard arc, you know, the REALLY violent ones.

(Hyouga a snowboarding dude I can't stop laughing!
E X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:53   Link #34
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
II said it clearly in my other post; The Episode G is a manga, this manga is dedicated exclusively to the story of the Gold Saints (The ones on my signature). In other words, you get to know much more deeply how they earned their armor and how their personal lives are. I must say that this manga in amazing, I'm reading it and it has a wonderful story and a LOT of character development. Besides, the graphics are just awesome.

WOW....
I have to say the new manga looks a lot different than the old. I have read the old ones when I was in middle school and I still love them to this day.
I really want to watch the new movie, too bad we have to wait for the dvd now...
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:56   Link #35
lavarock

Quote:
Until the moment they are on chapter 16.

Unfortunately guys, if you don't know Spanish or French it will be really hard for you to find it. Or almost impossible due to the fact that Cartoon network has been destroying the reputation of classic anime series because they think that it is proper to make some "adjustments" to the show if it is a little too violent. The best example of this is: Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z. This show is a complete classic in South America and Europe, but here it sucks ass. The same is happening with Saint Seiya, I have asked many guys who watch SS on CN about their opinion for this show, and most of them say that it is a kid’s show, it doesn't have good graphics, it doesn't have a clear story, the battles are boring, and the blood is GREEN!
Totally agree...
IMO the best to enjoy shows like Saint Saiya and DB and Ranma is by reading the mangas, not the anime... The anime are too long and quality are subpar.
Except the Hades chapter for SS though, the graphic in the show is abslutely fantastic.
If Hell chapter is out with same quality as Hades chapter I am all for it!!
Old 2004-04-01, 18:59   Link #36
lavarock

Quote:
Originally Posted by E X
Hyouga is an 18 year old snowboarding dude who's always mouthing off!!?? I would be angry and offended but I don't really care since I get to see the true version of both the Dragon Ball series and Saint Seiya.

I don't know how they are going to "fix" the battle of the Sanctuary or the Asgard arc, you know, the REALLY violent ones.

(Hyouga a snowboarding dude I can't stop laughing!
True...
This is sad. this is culture destruction
Old 2004-04-01, 19:10   Link #37
mantidor
the Iniquitous

well, the USA editing of saint seiya is really tragic. Even in spain a read somewhere it was taken from air. Even here they edited the part when cassius gets his ear chop off by seiya, ( remember, the ear jumping and pulsing like a heart?) damn editing...
Old 2004-04-01, 20:50   Link #38
TheMongoMania

Are the 4 OVA's/Movies licenced ? I don't know if these have been translated into english. If they were I would love to see them.
TheMongoMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 21:00   Link #39
mantidor
the Iniquitous

i don't know if they movies are licenced in english, but i highly doubt it. Anyway its almost impossible to find saint seiya in english, sorry you have to learn spanish........

maybe some fansub group shoud take the movies as their new project.
Old 2004-04-01, 21:51   Link #40
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMongoMania
Are the 4 OVA's/Movies licenced ? I don't know if these have been translated into english. If they were I would love to see them.
The four old movies of Saint Seiya are really bad, I don't recomend any of those.
Besides, the movies weren't made by Mazami Kurumada himself but for the guys of Toei Animation.

mmm May be the only acceptable one is "SHINKU NO SHONEN" but that is it.