AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-07, 08:29   Link #1
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Send a message via AIM to GungFuFury
What 3 wishes/super powers would you wish for

ok... not sure if anyone has posted this up yet cause i didn't see it anywhere and if this is against the rules im sorry... so... if u had found a lamp with a geanie in it just like aladin from that famous disney movie... given the same rules as those in the movie... u know...

Restrictions:

1. u cant wish for some one to die...
2. u cant wish for more wishes...
3. u cant wish someone to fall inlove with u....

okay given these restrictions... What three wishes would u wish for and why? I for one would wish for:

1. a 20 dollar bill to appear in my hand whenever i wanted for the rest of my life... just because anything hire would just be a hassle when u need to buy something little like a taco from taco bell and i wouldnt need to carry any money in my pockets and just give the change to some homeless person or charity...

2. the ability to know any information i wanted to know be it past,present or future whenever i wanted to know it... this way i dont have to worry about my brain being cluttered with useless information and driving me crazy and ill be able to cure any disease i want whenever i wanted... there r sooo many possibilities to this one..

3. immortality to compliment wish number 2... this way i could help humanity through all the hardships as best i can with my vast knowledge and money supply in the form of 20's...

well theres my list... id like to know what ya'll would wish for.... cant u tell i've given this ALOT of thought?

Last edited by xris; 2004-08-02 at 08:35.
GungFuFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 08:37   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
You have my blessing on this thread. _o/
Follow GungFuFury's example and give it some thoughts too.

For the others: No I didn't die in a car accident.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 08:46   Link #3
Palani
///_^

#1: The ability to have infinite wisdom. Discussions are solved so easily that way. Since you're always right and you always know more than the other person.

#2: I'd like money to appear but in any form I want. I wouldn't have any use for dollars when I'm in Japan now would I.'Since I travel quite a bit a multi currancy system would be usefull.

#3: Immortailty, C'mon you all know you want it. But I'd wish for immortality of other people too. Eternal live ain't fun when the people around you start dying.

Does wishing for infinite wishes is allowed. If so replace wish nr. one with that one and then there's no point in creating the rest of the list. Since you don't have limits you can then wish for your cell-phone to be recharged if needed for example.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 08:51   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

1. I would wish for an early retirement with enough money to keep me in good living conditions until I croak. I don't quite understand why you would want to only have $20 bills come out of your pocket when you need it. Why don't you just wish so that you have exact enough money to pay for something whenever you need it by going into your pocket? I mean, what happens if you're paying for a car or house?

2 and 3. Unless my previous wish drops me off on a deserted island or something, there's nothing else I can think of for a second or third wish.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 08:53   Link #5
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GungFuFury
... u cant wish for more wishes...
Well, you can't wish for more wishes, so wishing for infinite wishes isn't allowed.

I'll edit my post when I come up with some wishes
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 08:58   Link #6
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
1. I would wish for an early retirement with enough money to keep me in good living conditions until I croak. I don't quite understand why you would want to only have $20 bills come out of your pocket when you need it. Why don't you just wish so that you have exact enough money to pay for something whenever you need it by going into your pocket? I mean, what happens if you're paying for a car or house?
well i thought itd just be nice to give away whatever change i had to whomever was just around me at the time... hahah and for a house or a car payment... its not like it would take me long to have that many 20s in my hand when all i needed to do is just want it in my hands at that time... but ur right having a wish for any amount of money at any currency would be best... i just thought the 20's would be good enough for me....
Old 2004-05-07, 09:19   Link #7
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
#3: Immortailty, C'mon you all know you want it. But I'd wish for immortality of other people too. Eternal live ain't fun when the people around you start dying.
Remember to wish for eternal youth, too [some Greek myth]. Even better, have you read the books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, yet? It has an interesting story of someone who wasn't born immortal, but made such...

My three:
1] Empathy and openness for everyone. If everyone wasn't so selfish and ignorant, we'd have less problems in the world and on AnimeSuki...

Let me think about the other two. I just woke up...
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 09:44   Link #8
RichMan
????

1.) Super Strength

2.) Ability to slow down time (I can still react as if I was in normal time flow, meaning that I can move faster than any of you and can dodge bullets and stuff)

3.) Immortally with external youth (stop aging at 25)

I'm now going to rule the world!
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 09:49   Link #9
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
Hmm. I think what I would wish for would be as follows:

[1] I think I would wish for a very large amount of money... a billion, maybe more. No, I'm not completely geedy but with the ability to invest that kind of money I think I could do some good for those around me. Allow all my friends to not have to work to make a living so they can just work to enjoy themself and do what they want for a career.. that would be nice.

[2] Hmm maybe for my 18 year old male hormones to be a little calmer than they currently are, I think that would be a pretty nice change at this point in time. (don't ask..)

[3] I think I would wish for telepathy, the ability to read minds. I think that would be a very easy way to know what the people around me really want. It would make decisions affecting other people much easier to make and would possbily prevent further conflicts. Plus, I think knowing other people's deep dark thoughts would be very interesting

-- The reason I didn't say immortality would be because always seeing those you care about die and you living on forever doesn't really sound that great to me. If I was to wish for immortality, I would have to wish for someone else to be immortal as well, and I'm not sure if that person would be up for it, for the same reason.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:27   Link #10
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Hmmm let me see...
1. I want to be much more richer...
2. To become more successful in life...
3. to have 3 wishes more...
4. to have a powerful P.C...
5. to go to Bermuda Triangle Safely...
6. to have 3 wishes again...
7. to become a cyborg...
8. to become a ruler of Earth...
9. to have a last wish...
10. to become a geanie my self...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:48   Link #11
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
Quote:
#1: The ability to have infinite wisdom.
omniscience. i can't think of 2 more. i'll think about it if i become omniscient.
krel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:52   Link #12
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
things to note:

wanting to be omnipotent/omniscient means you want to be god.

if you become a genie, you are essentially being someone's bitch for the rest of your life.

1) Money. is there anything else that can bring so much happiness?

2) money that no one knows about, and that no one could find about (think swiss bank but more secure)

3) that people could coexist semi-peacefully (like japan. or canadia)
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:55   Link #13
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Talking

1st wish id wish for 100 more wishes..
2nd wish turn back time so i can undo all the things i regret.
3rd wish that there was no poverty and all war over the wolrd would stop.
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:59   Link #14
Necrodeath

Ok, I lied. I'm not gonna edit my post.
Some of you people here don't read the first post (or my other post for that matter) because they wish for more wishes.
My wishes:

1. To marry my current girlfriend.

2. To have a wonderful and joyious life together with my girlfriend.

3. To free the genie, seeing as I can't think of anymore wishes.

Well there.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 11:03   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
1st wish id wish for 100 more wishes..
2nd wish turn back time so i can undo all the things i regret.
3rd wish that there was no poverty and all war over the wolrd would stop.
you cant wish for more wishes...

if everyone was not poor then who would take out your trash?

Quote:
3. To free the genie, seeing as I can't think of anymore wishes.
whee! another disney fan!

oh, and gung fu- if you knew what was going to happen in the future, wouldnt that make the present sort of boring? like rewatching a movie?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 11:03   Link #16
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

You only get three wishes and you can't wish for more wishes. =P

What I would I wish for...

First, wish one, I'd wish for a sandwich. One should never make tough decisions on an empty stomach... That and I'm usually hungry all the time, so maybe a sandwich box that always had a fresh sandwich in it would be better. Although that might be a little greedy. =P

Next, wish two, I'd wish for a can of Tooty Fruity pop becuase I'll probably be thirsty after the sandwich. Most don't remember it but it was an awesome tropical punch flavored pop that got dropped by Pepsi, I think. It's been years since I had a can.

Lastly, wish three, five hundred billion dollars! Actually that's a joke. =P I think I'd wish to, like Necrodeath, free the genie since I'd rather work to get the things I want myself instead of having them handed to me (I know, the sandwich and pop contradict that state but what can you do about it?). If that doesn't work... Then I'd wish for a lint brush that actually works.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 11:12   Link #17
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
oh, and gung fu- if you knew what was going to happen in the future, wouldnt that make the present sort of boring? like rewatching a movie?
nope... cause if u read the wish carefully... it was to know any information that i wanted to know be it past, present of future... so i wouldnt necesarily know anything about my future or anyone elses for the matter unless i wanted to... this way i could know the cure for AIDs or how to build a time machine... or how to make an eternal youth serum whenever i wanted to... or just not know anything at all... haha it would be entirely up to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
First, wish one, I'd wish for a sandwich. One should never make tough decisions on an empty stomach... That and I'm usually hungry all the time, so maybe a sandwich box that always had a fresh sandwich in it would be better. Although that might be a little greedy. =P
whoa... u read my mind... i was just thinking of that right now... cause its lunch time...
Old 2004-05-07, 11:31   Link #18
Joe Dalton

Quote:
#1: The ability to have infinite wisdom. Discussions are solved so easily that way. Since you're always right and you always know more than the other person.
wouldnt it be fun if that were true?

Hrm I would wish 2 get into EQ2 beta
10000000 euro's in the bank (more then enough 2 live extremely comfortable for the rest of your life)
good computers and internet conections for all
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 11:48   Link #19
aahhsin

1. Become Dictator of China.

With 1 billion people strong, I'll take over N. Korea, and Taiwan, Rush to Mongolia, and take out Pakistan. I'll do it in the name of fighting Terror, so USA won't bother me. They might for Taiwan, but like Otto Von Bismarck I'll plant stories on how I insulted and talked shit about the Taiwanese. Let them attack me, then I'll go and attack them. Makes me look like the Good guy. Although USA might still interfere, I'll worry about that later. Then I'll declare myself the the First Consul, and finally, the Last Emperor.

2 & 3. Save these in my times of peril.

Immortality sucks, I don't think I want it. It'll be too freaky.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 11:50   Link #20
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Well if i cant ask for more whishes id ask for the power to be able to fly..
And soon enough ther will be robots and stuff that will take out the trash for us..
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote