AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 23 10.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 50 22.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 48 21.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 38 17.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.26%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-16, 06:55   Link #81
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixia View Post
Blood are red, NOT black!
It got censored the same way blood in School Days was censored.
Probably after those real life axe incidents in Japan, which some Japanese claim to have been inluenced by anime (School Days and Higurashi in particular). We won't be seeing red blood in these kinds of anime for some time.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 14:23   Link #82
Midori Chi

I give it a 9. It was good, but I wish it couls have been a little happier. : /
Midori Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 02:42   Link #83
kyoulover
He who despise the world

Send a message via Yahoo to kyoulover
6/10

well.....the ending of this anime had a very little impact for me...

so even it's a little sad, i give them 6/10

eventhough at first it was good, so unfortunate...
kyoulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:43   Link #84
yakusoku
(:

Send a message via MSN to yakusoku
The first episode caught my attention because the cute little story of their childhood was touching. As I went on with the first ~5 episodes, it seemed like a very typical slice of life anime that certain types of people might enjoy. But for me, it was very boring at times and the pace was too slow. The one thing that kept me going was the desire to learn more about their pasts.

The second half of the anime series was a lot more dramatic (almost seemed like too much) and the pace finally started to move. Very very surprising things were revealed during the end, along with a twist which made us cut out two of the childhood friends from the picture.

I think the greatest flaw in this anime was the characterization. It was horrible. Nanaka was very hard to figure out. She was quiet, girly, innocent, violent, all at once. It was very hard to follow her actions during the first few episodes, and we dont find out why until around the second last episode.

I disliked Sana's character as well. I know this is supposed to be some harem anime, but it annoyed me how he wanted to comfort everyone. And again, the suspense got to us because we were never revealed about how he was doing, after leaving from his childhood friends, until the very end. It bothered me a lot because it was like they were spilling out all the information at the very end.

I also found it strange that they never explained Shuri's uniform, different from everyone else's. Asami was also very strange. i thought it was very random and unexpected after they revealed her eerie intentions in episode 11. And the stupid thing was how sana still said it was alright for her to think that way. (if I was him I would have called her a freak and left her).

Then we have that elementary school kid, who was very unnecessary in this anime. They really could have used her screen time for some good explanations on the more important characters. the only character i enjoyed watching, really, was aoi-chan. She's the only one who doesn't have overdramatic secrets kept deep inside, and I enjoyed listening to her VA babble.

You might think.. it's good to have unexpected things happen. but when it happens in an anime like this, all calm and typical at the beginning, it almost seems out of character when the over-dramatic happens.

I guess the art really fooled me. as for the music.. i do remember the OP/ED music to be quite good, but I guess I found everything so bland that i didn't even feel like listening for the BGM.

If you enjoy drama anime and don't mind watching half the episodes without the actual drama, then you MIGHT like Myself Yourself. If you are looking for a nice romance anime, I do not recommend watching this. The character development is horrible and it ruins enjoyment. I think I seriously lost IQ while watching this series.

Note: That was my review off MyAnimeList. I give this series an overall of 6.5/10. And I'm not kidding.. I was very disappointed with this series :/
yakusoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 23:12   Link #85
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Myself; Yourself

Just finished watching this series but coudnt find a thread to post

Well, it was a nice highschool/romance anime although it gets pretty "dark" sometimes.

Spoiler for There was this part that really scared the @!$%# of me :upset::

Other than that and the scary old lady i really enjoyed these 13 episodes. Although the ending was a good one, i would have prefered a happy reunion between them and
Spoiler for i would like to know...:

Any other comments on this anime? I would like to read some =D
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 23:35   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

Here you go

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 19:17   Link #87
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

The train part (forgot which episode) was the highlight of the show for me (emotional wise). Ending is subpar. This show fluctuates interms of attraction of the audience.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 00:23   Link #88
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool Myself Yourself

In the beginning, I thought the whole idea of the whole awkward reunion of the main character, Sana, not even remembering his childhood crush, Nanaka was the start of a shakey relationship filled with a lot of issues. As I kept watching the series, there was always some dramatic scene leading up to revealing more of the thoughts of each character. Especially, in episode 8, I was really surprised when Sana found out about the origin of Nanaka traumatic experience. Then when Sana and Nanaka talk to each other, she finally lets out all her suppressed feelings out to Sana. For me, that was like a climax that would change the whole mood of the rest of the series. Other than that, it was an overall very good anime.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 00:03   Link #89
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

To me, this series was great... until the last four episodes. All the drama of Sana's return and Nanaka's past was great... until we got the ending. The ending had to be of the most rushed and unorganized messes I've ever seen (still better than Canvas2, though). And the conclusion to how Sana helps Nanaka get over the fire and not want to commit suicide was weak. For all the drama Nanaka showed during the series, you cannot tell me that Sana's non-shocking revelation that he previously tried suicide actually solved anything. And to me, the timeskip was just ridiculous.

The first 9 episodes - great (9.5)
Last 4 episodes - poor (4)
Overall - pretty good (7.5)
Old 2008-11-29, 22:47   Link #90
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

This is a largely ignored thread for a series that ended a long time ago, but I figure I'll put in my 2 cents. I watched the show as it was airing last year (though I was not yet involved on the AS boards) and thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my friend that recommended it to me. So, for the past year, I've considered this one of my favorite recent anime's seen. I get involved in some other AS boards, eventually find myself here. And find mostly negative reviews on a show I absolutely love O_o.

While I can definitely see why some people have an issue with the pacing, I was not overly concerned with it myself. In fact, the only real problems given for the pacing seem to stem from 1) Sana's past & 2) the 10 year timeskip.

I'll deal with the timeskip first. I Myself thought 10 years was...excessive. I mean, good god. He spent 10 years just being "I'll be with you forever bestfriend/boyfriend/lover" with her before popping the question? A bit extreme. Sana's past though...I find myself at odds with everyone on this. By episode 6 or 7 (maybe even earlier) I understood what the "big issue" was with his past. I mean, they practically bludgeon you with signs throughout the season. All that was needed was them to actually say it out loud, have it vocalized to the one who mattered most (Nanaka), and there. It's dealt with. The reasons behind his attempt at suicide are not as important as the fact that he tried to commit suicide. And beyond actually confirming his attempt, not much more needed to be said.

I think some character shallowness is also a major concern to several viewers of the show. Sadly, at 13 episodes, we can only get marginal depth. I mean, really. It pains me that less enjoyable shows (Shuffle, EF, rosario + vampire) can get 26+ episodes dedicated to them, whereas items like Myself;Yourself gets relegated to 13.

In any case, there will always be conflicting opinions. The code geass boards taught me that.
Old 2008-11-30, 03:31   Link #91
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Not the most interesting story; it's basically school life and drama...I'm not sure if there is exactly a plot, but the anime just runs through the characters' lives at school and there are relationship problems between characters. Some say it's like School Days. There seems to hardly any good solution to wrap the whole anime up in 13 episodes when the characters just slammed into problems now; . It seems that the plot was not thought out very throughly from the beginning, so that's a real weakness.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 01:42   Link #92
Tiran86

7/10. Nothing spectacular but it was a fun watch.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 17:28   Link #93
Justin Kim
*Artist

The ending felt like it was totally rushed, I wish we could have seen more episodes of the future. I was curious to know what happened with the siblings, and a episode upon the wedding reception would have been nice, but overall a great series. Although, I totally predicted the end, including what he was hiding away beneath that watch. Just a generic story plot for most animes, although it did have it's special qualities, I just wanted to see more of the future.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:42   Link #94
封鎖された渋谷で

As many people around me know, when I rate a series, I rate with different barometers.

This is a VN adaptation, so I'll accordingly use the Dramatic barometer.

Animation Quality: 10
I like the Nanaka bitchslap.

Voice Actors: 9
Star cast did well. BUT! Sana's VA is a rookie! And Aoi was just irritating

Script: 10
Strong script, BUT...

Editing: 7
Editing was really off, and it showed in Ep 13.

Emotional Involvement: 10
Nanaka is huggable.

Total: 9.2
428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 01:51   Link #95
kamehameha

there were some flaws, although i did enjoy it quite a bit.

the whole 10 year skip was lame
the whole skipping out of what happened to the twins was lame
why asami found attachment in sana
aois lack of character devolopment..i always thought she had a thing for sana too.

meh.
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:56   Link #96
Hakuoro917
Obsessed Anime Syndrome
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Hakuoro917
My Personal Review

In my opinion even though I have given this series a 10 out of 10, I'm beginning to have second opinions about my rating. I had first watched this series starting on 1/19/09 and ended 1/20/09 I had totally longed to see a decent series like this. But however recently I had re-watched this series. This is where my second opinions started to happen.

First off since this was a VN adaptation you usually have arcs for all the females such as Air, Clannad, Kanon and etc... but this one if I'm not mistaken clearly rushed through Asami, Hinako, Aoi, Yuzuki and Shuri. Or if I have had been oblivious to their arcs then I believe that it was completely rushed.

Second is the character development, Sana's Childhood before he moved could have been a little more in-depth instead of the small flashbacks that we had seen in some of the episodes. Now Aoi was almost completely absent in her part as far as development. Asami was pretty much the same. Shuri and Syusuke... many would agree if I said that we'd want more information about their mother and how she died. Nanaka is a totally different story. Her arc was explained but was completely rushed towards the ending.

Third is the episode count 13 episodes just didn't do this anime justice if you understand what I mean. I mean an anime like Myself;Yourself would be best suited for at least 24 Episodes.

Last is the plot development and time progressing. Okay we see this kid named Sana and he is having a going away party. Then we jump I believe 5 years to when he returns. We miss somewhat important details. Now when he see's Aoi again and how much she has changed. We could ask for past event development's right there. One probably important factor is what ever happened to Shuri and Syuske after they left. And that 10 year jump was kinda too far.

So my second opinion is that I thought that this was an okay anime. We've seen better and we've seen worse. I would request if it is possible to change my rating from 10 to 7 because I have changed my opinion over this anime since recently re-watching it.

Last edited by Hakuoro917; 2009-07-29 at 11:14.
Hakuoro917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 02:35   Link #97
velvet nightmare

agree with above posts

after watching a few more anime of similar drama i have to say that the latter half of the series was not even worth downloading. yeah it's that bad. the development at the beginning was very good but after the story started getting rushed, it all went downhill. the ending was just terrible raising so many questions. it felt as if it was just thrown at the audience just so it would finish as a 12 episode series instead of 13.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 20:17   Link #98
mammothb

i must say that after watching quite a few series ruined by the need for fanservice, i thought i have finally found a series with a better storyline, with better storyline progression, if i were to be extremely lenient, i feel that the series did an excellent job(that is until the 10 years time skip), it feels too abrupt, as if the producer doesn't care for storyline development and just wanted to finish the series on time.

the asami and shuri thing got solved in a way that is too unbelievable, it's like it just existed to finish up the twins and the non-childhood friend loose ends quickly. but i have to compliment the last seen of that episode, it's quite touching.

the crazy old lady thing feels weird too, at least that's how i felt but i don't know how to explain it :/

i have absolutely no idea why they wasted so much time on the animenger show -.-

the secret postbox thing is good though, it really scared me and want to quickly find out how it all get resolved,.

hinako was sort of redundant, she din't do much or anything for the main storyline? unless im mistaken.

so, if they had expanded some of the clumsy finishes to some arcs, and do a better conclusion to sana and nanaka(i mean, just after sana says how he understands how nanaka feels, it immediately skips to ten years later? wth...), it would have been an excellent 24-26 episode series.

so for the first 12 episode 8/10
last episode: 3/10(hurray, all the mystery about why sana came back and his impt wristwatch which is what i feel the most important(of same importance as nanaka's past) is solved in 2min.........)
so overall i would rate this a 5.5/10
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 01:49   Link #99
Maiku-kun
The Rider

my impressions of the series were good, i thought the show was well developed but ended kind of abruptly, more time should have been spent with sana and nanaka...and they should have kissed at least once considering they were engaged at the end of the series, i watched this anime about a year ago and i watched it again to get the cluster fuck of an anime that was school days out of my head (im heading over there next to do a little venting), overall i liked this anime but i definitely know of better ones
Maiku-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 09:43   Link #100
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

I think we need a second season for those 10 years...