AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 14:15   Link #3361
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I never realized that Aile Strike had to basically throw away its rifle before using it can use its saber while still keeping the shield. It's funny how Kira just casually laid it down on top of the Archangel and then casually picked it up again in this episode.

I wonder how much will be cut next episode. There's quite a few recaps in the next couple of episodes of the original series.
Look to the good point... it didn't just spawn out of nowhere like certain person shield.

By the way, anyone know if they fix that in SE?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 21:47   Link #3362
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
The concept of a 'perfect strike' was conceived in the early development of Seed.. Fukuda asked Okawara to design a MS that combined the ability of aile, launcher, and sword Striker Packs as Kira's second Gundam. There's even an early concept art of this MS from 2003 on the Internet. (I can't find it though)
[/
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 00:45   Link #3363
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Wasn't it a bigger issue that they made Shinn a total and complete prick?
It was due o internal conflict that they stopped developing Shinn's character and had Kira steal the show away. Most of the VAs were angered at how things turned out and even Lacus' VA was pretty ticked that her character was turned into a robotic mary sue and her character wasn't even the one that the wife had it out for but loved.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 19:51   Link #3364
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
I'm saying that Destiny was the real deal and Perfect Strike was scrapped a long time ago than attention was brought back to it. It wasn't until later that they revisited it and when they did it looked nothing like the concept artwork for it.
let set a few things straight..

1. The 'Perfect Strike' is not a new design, It's basically the Strike Gundam + aile, launcher, and sword + a few battery packs. that's it! It's not a newly designed MS.

2. Strike's original successor is a gundam that looked a lot like the strike + two big swords, two big guns and giant truster / backpack. Something like this (- the wings):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/vca6.jpg/

3. Destiny Gundam doesn't necessarily look like the Perfect Strike or the original design for Kira's 2nd MS. However, it is born from the same concept. So Destiny's design is different, but the philosophy is the same.

Quote:
Destiny Gundam was originally planned to be the upgrade for the Strike, not the Perfect Strike.
As I have already pointed out, The original design for Kira's 2nd MS looked more like the 'perfect Strike' and didin't look anything destiny. The Destiny Gundam is an original design, but the concept is obviously something that came out of early research on Kira's 2nd MS back in 2001.

It's basically Destiny's granddaddy..

Quote:
GSD had far more problems than just that. Most of it stemmed off reusing a ton of stock footage from old episodes and seed as well as the internal turmoil that was happening behind the scenes.
It all comes down to the fact that Destiny was rushed into production. Seed finished airing in Oktober 2003. Bandai ordered 50 new episodes when they realized how well Seed was selling. So let's say that Destiny was green lit in early 2004 and as we know the first episode of destiny aired on Oktober 2004. That means Fukuda and his crew had 4 - 6 months for pre-production.. Here is the problem, you simply can't finish pre-production for something big like Destiny in such a short amount of time. That's just impossible. And a smooth pre-production is essential to any kind of media work. All these production issues were bound to happen.. No matter how hard you work or how big the crew is, the creative process requires time. You can not force it.

@MakubeX2:
I remember this one (it's much closer to the the Freedom), but there was an even earlier version. That one had more swords and the body design looked more like that of the Strike. Like this one it looked very cluttered, but in terms of weaponry it was more even.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-06-06 at 18:34.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:39   Link #3365
Destined_Fate

It can't be a grand daddy when it wasn't even taken off the drawing board(the original pitched idea/concept that is) and the Perfect Strike came to life only after the Destiny was finished up(Though I'm sure they didn't expect to have to finish Destiny so fast either). The original idea just never saw the life of day, the Destiny and Perfect Strike are just the children of that idea given life after it was abandoned.

I do agree that rushing out Destiny to capitalize on SEED fame was a huge contributeing factor to why things broken down internally. I'm sure they were all glad once Destiny was over and they weren't pushed into doing that rumoured Movie.
Old 2012-06-04, 10:02   Link #3366
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
It can't be a grand daddy when it wasn't even taken off the drawing board(the original pitched idea/concept that is)
??? The Destiny is a product of that original concept.. The fact that the design of proto Freedom never saw the light day is irrelevant. You need to distinguish the difference between a concept and a design.

Quote:
and the Perfect Strike came to life only after the Destiny was finished up(Though I'm sure they didn't expect to have to finish Destiny so fast either).
You can find plenty of perfect Strik's by Gunpla builders long before the Destiny... Again, my point being that it's not a new design or a new idea. The fact that you see it animated after Destiny dosen't say anything.

Quote:
The original idea just never saw the life of day, the Destiny and Perfect Strike are just the children of that idea given life after it was abandoned.
Destiny's existence proofs that the original concept was never abandoned (The design was), They kept it for later.
Old 2012-06-05, 02:39   Link #3367
Gundamx

Destiny use weapon that Impulse don't have or with different look but it's same as Strike except for wing/hand weapon.
Old 2012-06-07, 00:11   Link #3368
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
but I wonder what's keeping them from doing so?
In a 2008 interview w/ Animage Magazine, Morosawa claimed that the basic outline was finished, but she's currently recovering after she had a hysterectomy to treat her uterine fibroids and an ovarian cyst. And, no, it's not the "brain cancer" that /m/ likes to spew all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It was due o internal conflict that they stopped developing Shinn's character and had Kira steal the show away. Most of the VAs were angered at how things turned out and even Lacus' VA was pretty ticked that her character was turned into a robotic mary sue and her character wasn't even the one that the wife had it out for but loved.
GSD's mixed reception all comes down to this:
  • The original cast (esp. Kira) were still over w/ Japanese audience
  • Shinn, despite popular in his own right, wasn't getting over as Bandai/Sunrise hoped
  • Because of the above two, Sunrise/Bandai/Fukuda/Morosawa bent to Kira's fanbase
  • Fukuda/Morosawa being demanding on the VAs, straining their relationships
  • Sales of the GSD Gunpla (except for SFreedom) weren't hot (?)
  • GSD was produced during the fallout of the Yukana Scandal
Old 2012-06-07, 00:40   Link #3369
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
  • The original cast (esp. Kira) were still over w/ Japanese audience
  • Shinn, despite popular in his own right, wasn't getting over as Bandai/Sunrise hoped
  • Because of the above two, Sunrise/Bandai/Fukuda/Morosawa bent to Kira's fanbase
I’m curious as to what would the story become if only Shinn became as popular as planned. Would he still be a manipulated jerk untill the end of the series or will he become Kira & Athrun’s ally? Damn, I really hope Destiny will get a trilogy-movie treatment in the future (like Zeta) and thus remove all the dumb plot-points.
Old 2012-06-07, 00:58   Link #3370
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

the SRW-Z version of Shinn is the most likely route.
Old 2012-06-07, 23:52   Link #3371
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
the SRW-Z version of Shinn is the most likely route.
Did he bawl almost every time in that route too or became SEED's Kamille?
Old 2012-06-08, 01:36   Link #3372
monster

They sure like to tease, but whether or not Perfect Strike will actually be storyline reality, I do not want to see Mu lose badly to Rau in it.

And if they ever do anything past Destiny with Kira, they should revive Erica's interest in him as someone who potentially has the SEED factor. At least do something more with that concept.

Love the third opening, first one showcasing Freedom. Should be about two more episodes from another of my favorite Strike battles.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 01:52   Link #3373
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And if they ever do anything past Destiny with Kira, they should revive Erica's interest in him as someone who potentially has the SEED factor. At least do something more with that concept.
You mean make Kira into Erica's labrat more ?
Damn Erica, keep your hands off the younguns! You've been neglecting your son all this time for Strike's sake!
Old 2012-06-08, 01:57   Link #3374
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You mean make Kira into Erica's labrat more ?
I'll leave the details up to them. I just like them to try to do something more with the concept, but not to the point of Newtype and Innovator and X-Rounder.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 12:36   Link #3375
tetsuo69

is there still no word if the perfect strike will appear at all ?
Old 2012-06-08, 19:54   Link #3376
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
is there still no word if the perfect strike will appear at all ?
Why do people think it will? That would require all new animation, it's meant for the eye catches. Nothing more.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 13:48   Link #3377
Zulu Keita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

Very little of what your saying is actually true...most of it is hear-say.
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 23:15   Link #3378
Destined_Fate

So you're saying that Shinn's VA was lying when he voiced his displeasure of what happened with Destiny and how he felt the SRW Z Shinn was the real Shinn in his heart? Or at Lacus and Athrun's VAs were angry over what happen to their characters? Or that Cagalli's VA was so angry that she refuses to do any new VA work for Destiny Cagalli and that's why games like SRW have to put her to the side or just reuse old stock VA and push her to a lesser role because they can't get new VA work for her?

Kinda hard to be hear-say when the VAs themselves voiced their displeasure both publicly and privately. There's a reason they never went forward with that GSD movie that was planned but never realized.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:13   Link #3379
Gundamx

I think he mean that > they hate their character because they don't have any development not because they have internal fight.

Anyway, after watching gundam seed again... am I the only one who think that strike most danger weapon is his dagger?

-Yazen have scar because of strike dagger.
- Kira defeat Andrew Waltfed with dagger.
- same thing with sea commander.
-and he was about to do same thing with Athrun before the later decided to troll him with "Self- destruction.

... No wonder they name strike mass production strike dagger...
Old 2012-06-11, 10:43   Link #3380
Washu-Chan