AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-17, 05:10   Link #38721
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Swear by crack it's canon

not in a bad way of course
Old 2012-12-17, 05:14   Link #38722
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's only 3 pages as compared to the bath scenes 4 pages. But it feels complete enough as is.

Wonder if it'll get a chuckle out of era-chi.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 05:27   Link #38723
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Do ISA students get to go home on weekends? If they choose to that is. I know there are international students who'd rather stay in.
Old 2012-12-17, 05:32   Link #38724
demino_hellsin
That one guy

apparently yes. Ichika visits his house on weekends as far as I know.

Also, Experimental title for kamen rider X IS.

"Beyond the Stratos: Reach for the Cosmic"

Also, IS remake title suggestion

"Infinite Stratos: Neo Alta"

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-12-17 at 06:05.
Old 2012-12-17, 09:37   Link #38725
Eratas123

@ Senpai - New changes to Shadow:

- Victor (Irish's leader) is more insane and intimidating, but also more silly. In the first story he comes across as a Smug snake Jerkass dirty coward. The re-write places him as more homicidal, insane and somewhat bipolar, going from affably evil to yelling and threatening to slice someone open at the drop of a hat. case in point; a prisoner he was interrogating faints: His first action is to be sympathetic and pray, then the next he straps electrodes to his jaw and cranks it to full charge.

- Irish himself comes off looking more like an arsehole compared to earlier portrayals. Since I got complaints that him taking Cecilia so quickly looked ridiculous, I plan to give them a fight scene.....where she knocks her into unconsciousness by smacking her against the wall (Though to be fair, she nearly broke his arm as well). Combat is changed as well since he can dual wield knives now.

- Kyuukai is gone. While this is mostly cause he doesn't fit the theme, I also need Tabane to stay Chifuyu's age and for her to be completely amoral/neutral. Need her to be alone for that, so no soldier boy son.

- Ichika has more deadpan snarker moments, and his fatal flaw is seeing the world through "Black and White" morality. This means that he's willing to let people die if he considers them evil enough (Kinda like Houki and that boat scene), whereas Irish sees only in black and gray and ends up more tolerant as a result. Main source of friction between the two protagonists.

- Chifuyu is portrayed outright negatively in several scenes. Her not doing anything to stop Tabane from pretty much revolutionizing warfare is called into question and parts of the general populace (the oppressed side) outright hate her since they see her as a symbol of the IS.

- Each girls fatal flaw is treated more seriously. Laura's in particular since having a soldiers mindset in the middle of a peaceful area is just asking for trouble.

Is it alright?
Old 2012-12-17, 10:21   Link #38726
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I sense deconstruction... which is good.

+ approve
Old 2012-12-17, 22:02   Link #38727
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Is it possible to have electrostatic panels made out of hard-light?
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 23:03   Link #38728
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Is it possible to have electrostatic panels made out of hard-light?
No. Hard light don't really exist.

Light can't really be hard.... unless you are talking about luminous object.

I think it is possible if you go down to Quantum physic level. In that case, I can't help you because I am still trying to comprehend that theory.

Mostly because most laws of Physics that we learn in school doesn't apply at Quantum level.

According to Quantum Physic, our mass is made from energy from appearing and disappearing sub-atomic particle.....and if I didn't forget or misread, is an energy behind potential energy in object's body when it is not in motion.

Hence the formula: E = MC2(square)

(Age's head imploded.....trying to understand Quantum Physic)

I am not Physic kind of guy I guess.

I like Philosophy though even though I suxs at it (I lack the INT and Persuasion stats need to wield Philosophy).

Philosophy get quite interesting if somebody willing to dumb it down so that you can comprehend what it actually means.

For Example:
Ethic Relativity:
There is actually no such thing as absolute Right or wrong because everything has to depend on context and situation.
What is considered evil in one culture is not actually evil in another.

In normal culture, killing grandparents to feed the young is wrong but in a culture where food supply is very limited, it is permitted because it ensure the survival of future generation.

=

Yea.... crazy stuff....trust me, it is not as confusing as Quantum Physics. At the very best: Physics is muddle and unclear because there is so many gaps in our understanding of how the universe work.

What we do know: Everything (we know so far) follows the law of Causality. Nothing (we know of) has violate it yet.

Time Travel backward is a distance dream...(because it violate the law).

Retro-relativity is still a theory which people has yet to prove it.
Old 2012-12-18, 00:14   Link #38729
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

To put it short: IF hard light is possible in that verse, then electrostatic panel made of hard light would be possible (energy density difference made electrical current etc)

If not, then no, not possible.
Old 2012-12-18, 00:42   Link #38730
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I am thinking about making something similar to MSV(Gundam Variation) to highlight the development of IS.

Also I am thinking something along the line of Replicated IS cores.

Cores that emulate the effect of real core....

Except that actual IS combat using the core is difficult because it run on limited power.

Due to that, it has limited operation time and only have enough energy to support vital functions (Absolute Barrier, anti-gravity, PIC).

It is more akin to GN Condenser and obviously still need an actual IS core to recharge.

Did I mention that it cost a bomb? The cost is the limiting factor which prevent it from being mass produced.

Very troublesome if you are thinking of using it in actual combat but is useful when it come to testing IS frame.

To kick the dog: As a replica of the real IS core It still retain the "No-male" bug.
Old 2012-12-18, 03:33   Link #38731
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Gonna cook up a tech desc of the Athena when I get home from work. One question though... an IS is not a 4th Gen unless it's transformable(in a sense), right?
Old 2012-12-18, 03:39   Link #38732
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, sort of. 4th gen only a CONCEPT until Akatsubaki rolled out.
Old 2012-12-18, 03:48   Link #38733
demino_hellsin
That one guy

one of the worst questions I've asked.

Houki in Akatsubaki(infinite stratos) vs Mythos Zero(megaman zero)

who should have advantage?
Old 2012-12-18, 03:50   Link #38734
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Allrighty then, I was having difficulty what Gen should I classify the Athena under given the capabilities I have in mind for it. Guess it'll be tagged as a Gen. 3 unit.
Old 2012-12-18, 04:02   Link #38735
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The key point of gen-3 is Image Interface System: highly accurate and versatile system with it's drawback being concentration consuming. Usually compiled with distinct, one of a kind functional system as well.

If Athena is supposed to be General purpose unit, then it's Gen 1

If Athena depend mostly on additional modules and Equalizer, then Gen 2 or 2.5

Performance and tech base is disregarded (mostly)
Old 2012-12-18, 04:16   Link #38736
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In layman's terms: Gen 3 is all about integrated weapons. Weapons that are built into the frame and don't need to be swapped in and out by the equalizer system. Also they are operated via willpower and not by any appendage.
Old 2012-12-18, 04:32   Link #38737
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
In layman's terms: Gen 3 is all about integrated weapons. Weapons that are built into the frame and don't need to be swapped in and out by the equalizer system. Also they are operated via willpower and not by any appendage.
Err....Wrong, that's Generation 4.

Zero is more accurate.

All generation of IS have preset weapons.

Generation 3 still need swapping of weapon (Cecilia can swap her rifle for a knife...but to be honest, she suxs at close combat anyway).

Generation 3 is about weapons with similar capacity as One-off ability without the need for exp with the IS.

In another word: Generation 3 is more about sci-fic-y experimental weaponry than Generation 2.

Generation 2 is just soup-up version of the conventional weapons.
Old 2012-12-18, 04:46   Link #38738
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: Presets have always been weapons that are present with the frame. The presets that have all been shown include Uchigane's katana, Akatsubaki's katana, Byakushiki's katana and Rafael's gray scale which I can still argue as hand triggered.

The 3rd gens are indeed said to have preset equipment, but some are to the point of being integrated. They work separately and without the need for an extra appendage to activate or trigger them. In that essence, The Uchigane Nishiki is actually closer to beiung a 3rd gen than Charlotte's Rafael.

Cecilia's BT system

Laura's railgun and AIC

Rin's Ryuho.
Old 2012-12-18, 04:47   Link #38739
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Demi has a point. Gen-3 MAIN weapon is always been integrated (even Tate's water control, it's not handheld).

Maybe Gen-4 is the one that can create weapon on a whim, but at the same time, it's really depend on user preferences too whether it's hand-held or not. The only integrated weapon Houki ever create and use is single, haphazardly made Toe blade. The properly made Particle-Cannon-whatnot is handheld weapon too (Houki is a samurai so can't blame her)
Old 2012-12-18, 05:05   Link #38740
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'll post the tech desc up soon, writing it up now ^^)

Do take a look at it.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest