AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 29.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 18.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-26, 14:13   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Penguin Drum - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Penguin Drum, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-10-26, 21:46   Link #2
VictorVV

Maybe the curve() means Yuri will succeed in modifying fate.
Old 2011-10-27, 10:52   Link #3
ele-ene-ene

In the "real" Marunouchi Line, between "Chapter 15" and "Chapter16" the subway tracks sudden reversals
Waiting for a great chapter…
Old 2011-10-27, 12:29   Link #4
Kazu-kun

Boring episode was boring.

I'm pretty sure they revealed something important about the plot, but since I couldn't care less about Masako I didn't pay much attention.
Old 2011-10-27, 15:06   Link #5
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Crazy episode about Natsume backstory. Would be as harsh as Kazy-kun but certainly tension dropped a few levels compared to last week. In part because I too don't care that much about Masako and the whole Natsume family and because in the end her story isn't that interesting ^^'

Spoiler for Episode 16 The man who doesn't die:

But if the second part of the episode was a bit of a let down, the PoC scene this week completely cracked me up
Spoiler for Pervy of the Crystal:

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2011-10-27 at 15:38.
Old 2011-10-27, 15:09   Link #6
tsunade666

Natsume centered episode and some. Penguin Drum... I gave up on trying to read what will happen next. It's just crazy and crazy every episode. Last episode a father that take advantage of his daughter.
Spoiler:

Well nice episode all the way.
Old 2011-10-27, 15:51   Link #7
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler:
That was sad to hear. She could have phrased it in a thousand different ways but she had to go with "stalker"? Oh, c'mon... Also him didn't change his position one inch after last week events. I'd like it if they didn't drag until the end of the serie :/.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:07   Link #8
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
That was sad to hear. She could have phrased it in a thousand different ways but she had to go with "stalker"?
Well, Ikuhara is subverting the typical negative connotations of these term here.

When Ringo was stalking Tabuki, she never used that term to describe herself, but others called her that way and it was symbolic of her unhealthy obsession. Now, no one would call her that way, but she herself use that term to indicate her resolve of no giving up on Shouma. It's not that she's obsessed, but she needs to make Shouma understand that she isn't like those people who abandoned him and his family because of their past.

The positive message comes across pretty strongly because she's using that term.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:18   Link #9
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The positive message comes across pretty strongly because she's using that term.
For you maybe. The problem is that Shouma isn't even close to understand how Ringo feels about him. If she could just spill the beans and those two relation move, that would be a good thing. Using metaphors isn't going to help and this anime has, in my opinion, much more interesting fields to cover than Shou and Ringo teen romance.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:18   Link #10
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, Ikuhara is subverting the typical negative connotations of these term here.

When Ringo was stalking Tabuki, she never used that term to describe herself, but others called her that way and it was symbolic of her unhealthy obsession. Now, no one would call her that way, but she herself use that term to indicate her resolve of no giving up on Shouma. It's not that she's obsessed, but she needs to make Shouma understand that she isn't like those people who abandoned him and his family because of their past.

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2011-10-27, 16:26   Link #11
ele-ene-ene

Waiting for the subs
Meanwhile ...
Kanba and Shoma?
or ... Kanba and someone else?

Spoiler for Kanba and ...?:
Old 2011-10-27, 17:19   Link #12
faburosumakusu

I was wondering...
Spoiler for masako's dad:
Old 2011-10-27, 17:51   Link #13
Kirarakim

Quote:
For you maybe. The problem is that Shouma isn't even close to understand how Ringo feels about him. If she could just spill the beans and those two relation move, that would be a good thing. Using metaphors isn't going to help and this anime has, in my opinion, much more interestinhttp://forums.animesuki.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3828096g fields to cover than Shou and Ringo teen romance.
Well I admit I am definitely biased in their favor but I think Shouma & Ringo are in many ways the heart of the series. I love all their scenes together even the not so happy ones. And yes in some ways it's just a teen romance but that normalcy within the craziness is actually what I love so much because they seem real to me.

Spoiler:

Anyways as for the rest of the episode I really liked it. I am interested in all the characters so getting to know more about Masako was a good thing for me as she was largely a big mystery before this point.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-27, 17:58   Link #14
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by faburosumakusu View Post
I was wondering...
Spoiler for masako's dad:
Thought that too, because of that scene. But Kanba really does have Kenzan eyes so I don't know...

What really bothers me if what is a kid like him is doing there at night. It's supposed to be a private ground right? Was he invited? By the grandfather? For what exactly? I'm getting terribly weird and horrible thoughts rising those questions . Hopefully we get a clear (and safe) answer soon...

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well I admit I am definitely biased in their favor but I think Shouma & Ringo are in many ways the heart of the series.
I may not have signed for the good serie then. Crap.
Also Shouma doesn't reject her anymore but he sorta tries to, pulling his "our families shouldn't interact. Fate is against us blablabla----" speech. After what happened last week, him running to "save" her, I thought it was a let down. He is a bit too emo for me. I usually like this kind of male character but too much is too much. Man up, boya!

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2011-10-27 at 18:21. Reason: add quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:03   Link #15
mark1246

Hey Just to point this out, if you guys Pay close attention to the second OP of the lyrics , It can of Foreshadow the show in a way (beside the Part about the “WAR” .....or is there !!!!) Well wanted to point that out and wanted to hear your thoughts about it
Old 2011-10-27, 18:14   Link #16
Kirarakim

Quote:
I may not have signed for the good serie then. Crap.
Well don't worry I am sure there will be plenty more to the series for you to enjoy as well.

Quote:
Also Shouma doesn't reject her anymore but he sorta tries to, pulling his "our families shouldn't interact. Fate is against us blablabla----" speech. After what happened last week, him running to "save" her, I thought it was a let down. He is a bit too emo for me. I usually like this kind of male character but too much is too much. Man up, boya!
Okay thanks for clearing that up as I would have no idea without subs. Well I didn't think Shouma would get over his issues that easily. But if he is not outright rejecting her like that before I see that as at least a minor step.

But as for the running to save her scene well think of it this way when it counts at least Shouma will try to do something about it hence he is drawn to Ringo whether he thinks he should be or not.

Although about fate being against them I am nervous what Ringo's mom would say when she finds out.
Old 2011-10-28, 03:15   Link #17
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

wow did they get lazy or what? So many repeated scenes.
Old 2011-10-28, 03:34   Link #18
Crontica

Boring episode indeed, the only thing this episode proved is that Satonishi is pathetically untrustworthy, heck he might even be responsible for most of the deaths in the series and is trying to cover it up.

He's the only superhuman in this series without some kind of backbreaking disadvantage.
Old 2011-10-28, 03:42   Link #19
Ghostfriendly

Grandfather's repeated death and suprisingly sexy maid were hilarious this episode, but the thing with Mario and the blowfish was just too weird to be coherent. Looking forward to next week anyway.
Old 2011-10-28, 04:12   Link #20
Kyuu
=^^=

Funniest and Sexiest Survival Strategy sequence to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
wow did they get lazy or what? So many repeated scenes.

With each iteration - I felt the psychotic nature of the episode. And it was nuts.
Closed Thread