AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-02-25, 22:07   Link #121
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...trict-lending/

China state banks so stop financing Russian commodities.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-25, 22:11   Link #122
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

China: (Man, I want to take back Taiwan, but I don't want to lose face and harm my economy... Hmm, let's play smart and chill for now...)

Russia: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

China: (Dang, even I'm not that crazy...)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 01:03   Link #123
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Up until now, the majority of the population has been against NATO membership, but we may have just gotten over the hump, and it could actually happen. Sweden may not be quite as enthusiastic.
The warning yesterday of the speaker of the Russian Foreign Ministry that Finland or Sweden joining NATO would be met with military consequences could have opposite effect instead.
Old 2022-02-26, 02:20   Link #124
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering NATO was specifically designed to contain Soviet (Russian) expansion into Europe, having a direct military threat leveled against you would probably make a country more likely to want to be in NATO to counter said Russian threat.

I doubt Finland wants to be part of Russia again, and while Sweden has been officially neutral for over a century, they did use to spar with Russia a long time ago.
Old 2022-02-26, 03:05   Link #125
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Or Putin and his henchmen are nervous about prospects of urban warfare in Kyiv, Odessa and Kharkiv. Not only would it be costly to the Russian army, reducing a significant portion of their mobility and armour advantage, it would also mean bringing in heavy firepower to prevail. Not sure how long the Russian public would put up with heavy Russian casualties combined with the image of Russian forces destroying cities that are so deeply tied with the "Great Patriotic War" such as Kyiv, Odessa or Kharkiv.

Overall, I feel that the Russian invasion is not going quite as smoothly as the Kremlin might have hoped for. Of course the Russians have total supremacy over the Ukrainian army, but this is not the US against Iraq level of dominance. There are more clips and images floating around of destroyed Russian equipment and dead or captured Russian soldiers than Putin would like, even if Ukraine's claims are surely significantly overstating Russian losses.
I see, it makes sense now.

Several media already pointed out how weird it is for someone detailed, pragmatic like him ended up using words like Neo Nazi.
He probably expecting someone to take the invitation by first day, letting him to wrap things with ease; the ideal outcome. Now its almost third day of the war, certainly there's time limit to keep in check to ensure everything in your favor as the one who launched attack thus, for the first time, he looks impatient compare to usual.
Old 2022-02-26, 03:05   Link #126
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
The warning yesterday of the speaker of the Russian Foreign Ministry that Finland or Sweden joining NATO would be met with military consequences could have opposite effect instead.
I assume that the EU would rather not let Russia have control of the North and Baltic seas.
Old 2022-02-26, 04:35   Link #127
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Just came to say hello. It is easy to discuss all of this things from your side. And another thing is to be here. We will loose probably, but not without a fight. And I really hope that it will make Western countries to think about possible further consiquences.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 06:19   Link #128
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Long time no speak, mate. You taking cover underground?

----

Everyone else:

Hello. I'm currently doing OSINT checks (solo. Not collaborating with anyone) since day 1 of the "incursion" and call out the Russians (and simps).

For trivia, the incursion started during "Defender of the Fatherland Day".

I'm going to check in REALLY soon with people I know in Mykolaiv and Mariupol(? - Don't know if she's there).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 06:34   Link #129
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

My city was one of the first ones attacked. But no, I am not in bunker as I managed to ride from the city with some friends once everything started. There are no Russians here yet.

On the other hand, looks like EU countries were convinced to shoot down Russia from SWIFT despite the potential loses.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 06:38   Link #130
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
On the other hand, looks like EU countries were convinced to shoot down Russia from SWIFT despite the potential loses.
Italy and Cyprus apparently relented. Now it depends on Germany and Hungary. If the new German government still balks at it due to economic concerns they can flush their slogan of a "values-based foreign policy" right down the toilet to put it mildly.
Old 2022-02-26, 06:41   Link #131
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
My city was one of the first ones attacked. But no, I am not in bunker as I managed to ride from the city with some friends once everything started. There are no Russians here yet.

Stay safe.

I'm following news that Territorial Defense Forces in Kharkiv are getting into action.

Meanwhile, Kiev is calling for any foreigners willing to help.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-02-26, 08:57   Link #132
Kakurin
大佐

Zelensky just announced on Twitter that Erdogan has told him Turkey will ban the transit of Russian warships through the Bosphorus.
Old 2022-02-26, 10:00   Link #133
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Dammit.

Reading up on more infiltration attempts by Russian commandos. Dressed up as Ukrainian troops, police and even the Ministry of Emergency Situations. MES confirmed this as there was an attack in Zaporozhye.

Old 2022-02-26, 10:19   Link #134
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Biden has signed a memo authorizing $600 million military aid for Ukraine, with about $6 BILLION in aid being run through congress.

Edit - The Taliban has come out to condemn the invasion. THE TALIBAN. I suppose if there exists one country that knows a thing or two about fighting the Russians it would be the Afghans.
Old 2022-02-26, 10:33   Link #135
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I see Germany choose to keep their elders warm, at the cost of people literally dying east of Poland.

https://twitter.com/POLITICOEurope/s...72557683412999
Old 2022-02-26, 10:35   Link #136
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I can confirm that following Kyiv appealing to anyone who wants to help from outside Ukraine by picking up a gun, a lot of people on social media poked around, including some from Southeast Asia.

Most are supportive. Some snarked on sending ISIL (for bad reasons). Abu Tow aka Suhail Mohammed Hamoud is eagerly asking around via Twitter on how he can get to Ukraine.

Old 2022-02-26, 10:36   Link #137
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually wonder how Merkel would have handled this. People seem to agree thag Boris is handling this well enough. Even made a speech to the Russian people in, well, Russian.
Old 2022-02-26, 11:39   Link #138
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Just came to say hello. It is easy to discuss all of this things from your side. And another thing is to be here. We will loose probably, but not without a fight. And I really hope that it will make Western countries to think about possible further consiquences.
Stay safe. Do remember we are fully supportive of Ukraine, albeit I feel powerless to end the violence in my country, let alone in another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
China: (Man, I want to take back Taiwan, but I don't want to lose face and harm my economy... Hmm, let's play smart and chill for now...)

Russia: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

China: (Dang, even I'm not that crazy...)
It makes me think, do xijin ping is thinking about pulling an Stalin? I have read (but obviously cant confirm) that albeit the USSR and Nazi Germany had an alliance, stalin was preparing to invade from the start and the nazis seized lots of equipment already at the border when they invaded the USSR.

So, if China bands with the west, they could be on the side of the good guys with little effort and maybe can even get back that piece of land Russia seized from China two centuries ago.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 13:28   Link #139
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I see Germany choose to keep their elders warm, at the cost of people literally dying east of Poland.

https://twitter.com/POLITICOEurope/s...72557683412999
They finally shifted. Granted permission to the Netherlands to send 400 RPGs to Ukraine and finally released the howitzers Estonia wants to send.

Additionally, they just announced that they'll directly send 1000 RPGs and 500 stingers to Ukraine.
Old 2022-02-26, 17:31   Link #140
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

EU froze Russian Central Bank assets and SWIFT ban agreed

https://twitter.com/vonderleyen/stat...94812018991112
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote