AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 21:35   Link #641
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Not like I want to put too much emphasis, but it's an important character development moment for Cruz, nonetheless.

Guess we need to wait for next chapter in order to solve the mistery. Points that could deny that guy is Blade are the fact he refered to himself with the pronoun "boku", the page where he for whatever unknown reason is trembling, claiming he cannot copy a dead body's fragment despite we know he can as long as the brain still works, not using his powers against Hatfield (well, this one is not that important) or the way he treated Rin and both cyborg lolis.

Is the author playing with us or something? Because it's like he wants us to break our heads with the issue.

What you think?
I think Needless being monthly is slowly driving me insane
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 23:11   Link #642
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I think I agree with that... especially when there's so much to be explored. Oh, and lack of translated/scanlated chapters

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 00:49   Link #643
shadowii

Good news people. Another scantalating group, Sugoi-Sugoi, seems to be intrested in taking over Needless since eikou has not scanned in two and a half months
Old 2009-11-02, 03:48   Link #644
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well it could be that Cruz might say that there is something is off.

There is also a possibility that it's not directed to Blade, but to the robot loli's and let's disregard what Hatfield is thinking, lets focus on what Cruz's is thinking.

Like maybe Blade's fly is open or sorts...
Old 2009-11-02, 07:36   Link #645
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
Good news people. Another scantalating group, Sugoi-Sugoi, seems to be intrested in taking over Needless since eikou has not scanned in two and a half months
Hope thats right since its been so long and its a good manga.

About Cruz and Blade well, if Cruz realy ment something is not right with Blade it could be many things like perhaps hes hurt or mindcontroled or anything ranging from madness to its not him (hes mad i know) but a different kind.

Also Cruz could have ment his fighting looks like slacking perhaps since he hardly hit them girls, yet he could go on par with Arclight. So who knows whats up ^^ lets just wait for 73 cause its rather difficult to tell.

What i hope is that Cruz got to see his sister again soon and that he realy gained some powers. Perhaps his sister would try to talk him into joining her? ( bit to star wars btw). Or he might just attack her.
What im afraid of realy is that Cruz just isnt capable of stopping his sister, he would never attack her im afraid. Perhaps he might have the power but he wouldnt hurt her.
What might happen is she might attack him imediatly if he became a threat to her, in her current mindsetting that is. Im not sure if she might change to the goodguys, i think not but who knows.

I got bad criticizm for it but its possible Arclight might have used black attraction on her sometime in the past to turn her evil. There just is this part missing were she (willingly) decides to join Simeon. Sure she talked about her being a spy in the resistance but she didnt even once mention her relation to Cruz pre-Simeon nor shows any doubt. Yet she claimed she should have finished him off back then but didnt.

What im saying is id love to see her motivations for joining Simeon or if she was forced to or threatend or w/e
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 08:45   Link #646
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
About Cruz and Blade well, if Cruz realy ment something is not right with Blade it could be many things like perhaps hes hurt or mindcontroled or anything ranging from madness to its not him (hes mad i know) but a different kind.
Maybe the impersonator decided to stop acting and went for the kill? Maybe a clone?

Quote:
What i hope is that Cruz got to see his sister again soon and that he realy gained some powers.
Cruz's hidden powers began to manifest after he "died" and "came back to life".

Quote:
Perhaps his sister would try to talk him into joining her? ( bit to star wars btw). Or he might just attack her.
What im afraid of realy is that Cruz just isnt capable of stopping his sister, he would never attack her im afraid. Perhaps he might have the power but he wouldnt hurt her.
His growth is related to many things, and erasing his disbelief about Arka and begin to understand she's now his enemy is one of these growth stages.

Quote:
What might happen is she might attack him imediatly if he became a threat to her, in her current mindsetting that is. Im not sure if she might change to the goodguys, i think not but who knows.

I got bad criticizm for it but its possible Arclight might have used black attraction on her sometime in the past to turn her evil. There just is this part missing were she (willingly) decides to join Simeon. Sure she talked about her being a spy in the resistance but she didnt even once mention her relation to Cruz pre-Simeon nor shows any doubt. Yet she claimed she should have finished him off back then but didnt.

What im saying is id love to see her motivations for joining Simeon or if she was forced to or threatend or w/e
Sorry, I can understand that you want Arka to be mindcontrolled, but let me tell you that those who are infected by the black attraction are entered in some kind of "zombie state" where they are speechless and only talk to obey orders. Of course, that's not Arka's case.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 08:51   Link #647
Ca12nag3

About your *zombie state* realy you look to much into it the only reference you have is Eve and that was only [Black attraction] thats 1 attack from 1 fragment, seeing as Acrlight controles all of his peoples powers as well (he copies it) and that Saten had the body frozen, we havnt seen the last of that fragment.

Your realy looking to narrow at things.

As seen all fragments have multiple attacks/moves. Doppelganger can heal, create limbs and change the body to weapons. Speed can do dean drive fox hound, dean drive blackbird and more, Fragrence is possibly limitless in fragrences, so how should the attraction fragment be different?

You also asume that Blade (the Blade present) is an imposter, while there are many reasons a character might act strange (like when Eve was mindcontroled for example), the only reference there is is that Cruz notices something, its possible that its not Blade but nobody knows.

Back to Cruz's sister, its not like i want happy ever after thats too lame, but there are many options and also many reasons why shes with Simeon. If you read back Cruz and her lived together a long while and she always protected him when they were younger, what changed? Cruz thinks she might have joined Simeon cause he relied to much on her, if that was the only thing there might be a way back. If shes only in it for the power then its a lost cause i think. Another option is mindcontrole, that its not realy her there.
Old 2009-11-02, 08:56   Link #648
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This was PM to me by Tjaard...

sorry Tjaard I couldn't resist... Y_Y

Spoiler for Arclight & Blade:

looking at it from a yaoi POV Blade is getting raped.
Old 2009-11-02, 09:01   Link #649
Homura7

Quote:
As seen all fragments have multiple attacks/moves. Doppelganger can heal, create limbs and change the body to weapons.
And copy the appearance of anyone easily.

Quote:
You also asume that Blade (the Blade present) is an imposter, while there are many reasons a character might act strange (like when Eve was mindcontroled for example), the only reference there is is that Cruz notices something, its possible that its not Blade but nobody knows.
You're right, it could be anything. Of course the mind-control thing is not valid here for obvious reasons. Either he's an imposter, he's a clone, he's Blade but as Cruz noticed, something is off with him. Who knows, this month's chapter better solve the issue. And no, I don't think Blade isn't atracted to young girls anymore looking at how the first pages of that chapter prove he indeed is

Quote:
Back to Cruz's sister, its not like i want happy ever after thats too lame, but there are many options and also many reasons why shes with Simeon. If you read back Cruz and her lived together a long while and she always protected him when they were younger, what changed? Cruz thinks she might have joined Simeon cause he relied to much on her, if that was the only thing there might be a way back. If shes only in it for the power then its a lost cause i think. Another option is mindcontrole, that its not realy her there.
Considering the utter lame thing that would be a mind-control to justify her actions, and for that reason I don't think that's the case. Arka had many reasons to join Simeon, I'm sure of that.
Old 2009-11-02, 10:44   Link #650
shadowii

Ca12nag3 I understand why you might think that, considering what Cruz's memories indicate of Aruka's character. But i think the chance of mind control is about one in a million.

You have to concede the fact that sibling versus older sibling is an extremely common theme in manga. The only difference here is that its brother versus sister rather than brother versus brother or sister versus sister. I've already explained what i think Aruka's feelings towards Cruz are. In my opinon their are two ways for this theme to end.

1. They do reconcile

2. Cruz ends up killing Aruka, as what happens most of the time in manga/anime sibling conflicts.(not all)
Old 2009-11-02, 10:53   Link #651
Ca12nag3

Like i said many options there is nothing to rule out in either of these cases. You can have an opinion that you think its different but all windows are still open unless said otherwise. I also mentioned mind controle a few times but the subject is blurred since weve only seen it been used once and with 1 ability of 1 fragment. So whats to tell about Arclight, he definitly has it in his abilities since he copied all the attacks of all his underlings.
Also Saten froze the girls body ( is said) so who knows. But to think its so simple as Arka hated taking care of Cruz so she joined Simeon is LoL rediculous. Its the first thing that came across Cruzes mind. But he is kinda simple when it comes to human interactions. His recollections of truth ( ill call them that) show the entire picture of his sister with the rebellion and when she turned on them. Also that she tricked Cruz to think shes dead. another thing shown is how she took care of him etc. So it wasnt all bad.
Another thing thats simply right up front is how ruthless the Simeon people are and they dont stop for nothing. She let Cruz escape and got tricked by the fact that the leader of the rebels put the chip with Cruz. Thats what pisses her off realy and perhaps the fact that her younger brother always relies on others to do his dirty work. Fact, Cruz is a crybaby and needs to grow up ^^. I guess he will. Doesnt change the fact his sister brutaly killed all the people they were close friends with. So i dunno were it will go. I definitly dont think Blade will be the one that finishes her off neither would Eve.
There is still a lot to be told before the ultimate showdown with Arclight ^^
Old 2009-11-02, 10:57   Link #652
Homura7

Quote:
1. They do reconcile

2. Cruz ends up killing Aruka, as what happens most of the time in manga/anime sibling conflicts.(not all)
Inversely. First the kill, then the reconcile. It's probably what's gonna happen considering this is a battle manga, and more important, seinen.

I have another issue. You know when Arclight did the PF Zero Blast? Cruz was the only one who got out of there due to a misterious hidden power, but... What about the others?

If we consider Eve got damaged to the point she needed between one and two weeks of recovering, and Disk got her body completely destroyed, the rest of the cast should not be in a good condition too...
Old 2009-11-02, 10:58   Link #653
Ca12nag3

Quote:
Ca12nag3 I understand why you might think that, considering what Cruz's memories indicate of Aruka's character. But i think the chance of mind control is about one in a million.

You have to concede the fact that sibling versus older sibling is an extremely common theme in manga. The only difference here is that its brother versus sister rather than brother versus brother or sister versus sister. I've already explained what i think Aruka's feelings towards Cruz are. In my opinon their are two ways for this theme to end.

1. They do reconcile

1 is highly unlikely since she killed all their rebelfriends. And she lied to him.

2 is the most likely however everything about this story is crazy, like how Cruz teams up with the pretty girl squad and they are kinda friends now.

About the girl squad isnt it so that the allegiance towards squadmembers is higher then towards Simeon? So fact Yamada-ko is a member thus they have to protect him... lol.

About the entire siblingthing sure mindcontrole is a longshot but its still open. I dont think its so but i doubt Cruz in current mindset would harm his sister. If he had the power and Blade would attack her i bet you he would catch the blast for her.
His entire character is so Sis-worship. Even tho his heart might be shredded he still cares for her. Even when dieing he calls out for her....almost pathetic lol.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:02   Link #654
Ca12nag3

Quote:
Inversely. First the kill, then the reconcile. It's probably what's gonna happen considering this is a battle manga, and more important, seinen.

I have another issue. You know when Arclight did the PF Zero Blast? Cruz was the only one who got out of there due to a misterious hidden power, but... What about the others?

If we consider Eve got damaged to the point she needed between one and two weeks of recovering, and Disk got her body completely destroyed, the rest of the cast should not be in good condition too...
If the guy ( you think is not Blade) is Blade i bet after the battle he would tell whats going on with the rest. I asume they are alive since usualy dieing characters get a final corps shot...lol.
Like with Cruzes sister no body no death.
Im thinking wouldnt Disk get a hot chick body now and totaly get Blades attention? Just for the funny scenes.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:03   Link #655
Homura7

Quote:
1 is highly unlikely since she killed all their rebelfriends. And she lied to him.

2 is the most likely however everything about this story is crazy, like how Cruz teams up with the pretty girl squad and they are kinda friends now.

About the girl squad isnt it so that the allegiance towards squadmembers is higher then towards Simeon? So fact Yamada-ko is a member thus they have to protect him... lol.

About the entire siblingthing sure mindcontrole is a longshot but its still open. I dont think its so but i doubt Cruz in current mindset would harm his sister. If he had the power and Blade would attack her i bet you he would catch the blast for her.
His entire character is so Sis-worship. Even tho his heart might be shredded he still cares for her. Even when dieing he calls out for her....almost pathetic lol.
Cruz befriended Setsuna and Kuchinashi easily because he was already friends with Mio who may be a brute but adorable girl nonetheless.

As for the sis-worship, that was his disbelief, but the current events show he really begins to see his sister as an enemy.

Quote:
If the guy ( you think is not Blade) is Blade i bet after the battle he would tell whats going on with the rest.
I hope you are not thinking this is gonna end with everyone happy. Coz it doesn't look like is gonna be like this. Remember what Arka did? She blown a hole in the wall, so Cruz and the gang can escape trough.

Wether that's Blade or not, the arc is not gonna end without them escaping trough that wall.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-02 at 11:34.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:36   Link #656
shadowii

Quote:

No Setsuna had grown to like him before he was a licensed killer girl and i think she is slightly bemoning the fact that they will probably be enemies again in the near future. Kuchinashi it was just love at first sight with yamada-ko (shes probably looking for a needless who can turn him into an actual girl right now). And Cruz seems to have completely forgiven Setsuna for: beating him up, stealing his locket, insulting his weakness, playing around with a mind controlled eve, and finally almost killing him. Very understanding guy and thats just how this slightly insane manga.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-02 at 12:12.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:41   Link #657
Homura7

Quote:
No Setsuna had grown to like him before he was a licensed killer girl and she is slightly bemoning the fact that they will probably be enemies again in the near future.
She said that? Where?

Seeing how Setsuna mocked him back then and how Hatfield was doing the same mocking him about his admiration towards his sister, it's ironic how the guy many characters insulted and/or underestimated is becoming stronger step by step and, in a near future, is gonna become one of the strongest if not the strongest.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-02 at 12:02.
Old 2009-11-02, 12:14   Link #658
shadowii

Quote:
She said that? Where?

Seeing how Setsuna mocked him back then and how Hatfield was doing the same mocking him about his admiration towards his sister, it's ironic how the guy many characters insulted and/or underestimated is becoming stronger step by step and, in a near future, is gonna become one of the strongest if not the strongest.
sorry kusuru, slight misprint, i meant to say i think thats what she was say on this page
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...7?t=1257182008
could be wrong as i cant read japanese
Old 2009-11-02, 12:20   Link #659
Homura7

Quote:
sorry kusuru, slight misprint, i meant to say i think thats what she was say on this page
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...7?t=1257182008
could be wrong as i cant read japanese
No, I think you're right, look at Cruz's face after whatever Setsuna says.
Old 2009-11-02, 12:23   Link #660
Ca12nag3

Well she send re-enforcements to fight hatfield that Rizu girl right. I dont see that as being enemies...
But then again people could switch sides all the time as the story progresses. Tho there got to be some concistancy...
Its just unlikely Setsuna&friends would attack Cruz/Yamada again soon seeing that he helped solve the mystery and she even went to see her in hospital.
But then again Cruz could be to nice for his own good ^^ as always...

Tags
action, comedy, seinen