AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 12:09   Link #12021
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I was sitting in my chair for a while and I just came up with a crazy idea. How would an IS pilot with a personal IS fare against a Servant from Nasuverse Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night ?
that's a no-brainer.

The Servant, with it's command of forces beyond science and deep into mysticism, history and legend would make an IS pilot have a very little chance of winning.

well that's my quick thought for me.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:09   Link #12022
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I was sitting in my chair for a while and I just came up with a crazy idea. How would an IS pilot with a personal IS fare against a Servant from Nasuverse Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night ?
Depends on the Servant. Caster, Rider, Archer, and Gilgamesh will probably have a decent chance of fighting while Servants like Berserker and Saber will have a harder time due to short range. Assassin will depend on whether he's like the Fake Assassin or the Real Hashashin and Lancer depends on the type of I.S unit.
Old 2011-12-09, 12:53   Link #12023
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Depends on the Servant. Caster, Rider, Archer, and Gilgamesh will probably have a decent chance of fighting while Servants like Berserker and Saber will have a harder time due to short range. Assassin will depend on whether he's like the Fake Assassin or the Real Hashashin and Lancer depends on the type of I.S unit.
Are you really sure about that one?

In short, depending on who you summon.
Old 2011-12-09, 12:57   Link #12024
Eratas123

@ Treme - It depends on the Berserker I was talking about Illia's which has nothing but a club so Blue Tears or any long range unit is going to demolish it.
Old 2011-12-09, 16:58   Link #12025
kazuma via america

Power went out yesterday of course -.- @Eratas what happened was i was just in a depressed mood for a long time and just wasn't motivated to really do anything. no more OC characters or any fanfiction.
Old 2011-12-09, 18:03   Link #12026
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Karma Houdini if you think a bit Anyway, I'm assuming this is when they tried to make up and start over?
Indeed Karma houdini, but this is accomplished because while those two are literal bloodhound, they also HAPPENS to hate bullies and helped people around. So, Knight in Bloody Armour?

Quote:
Why doesn't Dan help set up Ran with Ichika? He's the guys best friend, he should be able to do something if he wanted to.
As I said, it's more on Ran simply has too little chance than Dan disliked Ichika or anything. Why Dan even knew? Because Ichika is his close friend... no, probably a soulmate of sort.

Quote:
Of course the cooldown hug comes after He contradicts himself here since he actually cries during the hug and not like his usual stoic self. Might have him call Maya Mom her for the first time as well.

Quote:
Um.....I know you don't like Tatenashi, but is having her screw up everything such a good idea? Besides, Tatenashi never goes all the way and Ichika always tells her to stop so why does Madoka panic so much? Moreover, they can't leave the island unless it's the weekend and she'd need to get on the monorail to boot.
Why are you assuming this is because I hate Tatenashi? If i really hate her that much, I might just remove her existence/ killed her, even if I don't I might as well derail her character for the evulz. But of course that's not gonna solve the problem.

Rather than Tatenashi-bashing, this serves as medium to show that Madoka is heavily flawed department, but so does Tatenashi.

I actually remember that I told you her weakness is that she tend to drag people in her pace and not realized it's hurting them sometimes until it's too late (Kanzashi, Saki, and this time Madoka). And this is not only about power level issue, it's applies to social interaction as well (where Tatenashi dominates everything). When Tatenashi told Ichika "Be a man I can fall in love with", she mean manly enough to carry the pants in their relationship.

It's just that Madoka who's overreacting (indeed, she is NOT a clingy jealous girl... until her tank of patience literally BLOWS) and Madoka goes "Why the hell bitch like you even exist?", punched a computer screen and left.

And mind you this is not on first time, Madoka caught her in such kinds of act plenty times (played for laughs), no wonder her fuse is overloaded and she snap. as as I told you earlier, Madoka tends to be irrational when emotionally broken.

As for monorail... well... it IS a weekend and Ichika is supposed to take Madoka for a date (the reason Ichika grooming himself finely). One more reason Madoka is pissed as fuck.

Of course Tatenashi being Tatenahsi, she'll hide her guilt, keeping an optimistic face, and spending a lot of effort to save Madoka. Ichika himself didn't blame Tatenashi, instead blaming it for his incompetence and indecisiveness, this is the reason he act cold and struck-up (basically revert to his old personality, but less fierce). And there's also Kanzashi's problem, AND there's also Chifuyu being usual herself, prompting another rift between the siblings... basically V6 arc is the cast' moment of despair, especially for Ichika and Tatenashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I imagine to myself that when Rong is fighting the instructor during his AE test, he fights but with Fillia's reminder of "no killing" this seals off a lot of his moves since he's used to killing(or putting them in a state of imminent death) instead of beating his opponent. The instructor notices this and continues the fight but she makes it apparent that she's holding back as well, holding a lot back. But the fight never reaches an advantage, it just keeps going back and forth to the instructor's pace.
Ayup, good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Rong remembers the first time he came face to face with an IS and how he had taken down Fillia's IS in one shot, how he fought a military IS while holding back just as much and nearly getting away. He feels disillusioned that even though he got so strong, there were people at a level who are greater than him. He would probably question if he got weaker.
Break the haughty eh? even then Wangsting a bit too much, probably have him a little depressed and distracted, and yes, Filia should call him on it.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-12-09 at 20:37.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 20:06   Link #12027
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - But he never once yells back when the abuse and butt monkeyness piles on? Most people snap at some point. Even if he doesn't leave, I still think he'd yell and say enough is enough and that he's their teacher/produce, not their chew toy. Irish and Ichika do this later on when their temper flares and they get pushed past their limit.
I was moving in this direction, but even then its not this extreme. Remember, I gave everyone a sense of reason, so I only the canon girls are unstable enough to be a problem. The ultrafems don't want to get expelled after all. They do bring the issue up with Browning, but that's where you see (for the first time) that she believes in Max even for constantly making fun of it out of work.

Quote:
Right, too bad it has a downer ending I guess we'll just have to hope they get a happy ending where they actually get together and not an esoteric one like meeting again when Irish is most likely going to die already
I don't even know what kind of ending it will be. First I need to get through 2 seasons.

Quote:
Side note - Does Karon ever grow taller? This might cause some problems in the long run
Yes it might. Karon's genes make her rather short, but I'll push things along and see how that goes.

My emphasis is about pushing story forward, so right now I'm not so focused on the ongoing changes apart from "hey you look different". I'll deal with it when I get there.

Quote:
EDIT: Where did all the other idols go? They're still classmates and clubmates, they should still see each other.
During class, everyone's focused on class. And with the end of year, its exam time, so everyone's revising, busy, and tired. Karon bears not to interrupt them during class time. And during club time, everyone's gone off to do their shows and gigs. Hence why Karon is alone in the office, and later heads off with Pillai and Max to see the fate of Hero TV.

This is why Louise waited till this moment to break off (unwillingly), when there is least resistance. She didn't count on Karon returning early, and that leads to the penultimate fight which has the Copernicus damaged and their teacher spending time in a medical bed.

The other Stars in spite of using stratospheric boosters return only after Louise retreats. S2's ending fight is even more darker than S1's is!

(And what's with Max getting his love interests in big fights before he wins them over? Well, at least it shows that he works for them instead of pheramones. )
Old 2011-12-09, 20:54   Link #12028
Eratas123

@ Kazuma - Back in the mood again?

@ Senpai - How did Chifuyu react to this? I'm assuming she heard her little bro and her best friend getting into a crapload of trouble in school and nearlyg getting expelled.

Also, I only assumed you were bashing Tatenashi because you wrote about her negatively and I was wrong. You did the same thing when I made a segment of Irish calling Tabane out in Shadow and said you said I was just bashing or her letting my dislike of her influence my writing. Sorry if I offended you, I guess I was wrong.

So Tatenashi goes too far in her teasing and Madoka gets pissed off? What exactly did she do? Madoka doesn't seem to mind it too much when the other harem members try to get him. Granted, most of them don't go to the same length as Tatenashi

Side note - What dk you think someone should say to her to make her realize she's hurting people too much by dragging them along at their own pace? I'll need it for Shadow. Also, what do you think Ichika will do/say when he's finally had enough abuse?

@ Meistah - So he doesn't get abused near the levels Ichika is? That's good, I was wondering why the hell a teacher gets mistreated.

The Idols being missing reminds me of how friends separate after College gets nearer. It's depressing, but it's inevitable. Don't worry, Nakama never truly separate
Old 2011-12-09, 21:04   Link #12029
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Boredom killing me... So, what I miss?
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 21:10   Link #12030
Eratas123

@ Rain - New omake idea: How about a school play? Also, I'll start writing the Saw continuation next week when finals end.
Old 2011-12-09, 21:19   Link #12031
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - How did Chifuyu react to this? I'm assuming she heard her little bro and her best friend getting into a crapload of trouble in school and nearlyg getting expelled.
Chifuyu was the one spreading the rumour about secret gang wars, it's a little gamble of her due to her nature being 'Spartan Sibling' that let Ichika wanders around until he stray too much and getting lost, then she'll guide him again indirectly.

Quote:
Also, I only assumed you were bashing Tatenashi because you wrote about her negatively and I was wrong. You did the same thing when I made a segment of Irish calling Tabane out in Shadow and said you said I was just bashing or her letting my dislike of her influence my writing. Sorry if I offended you, I guess I was wrong.
Nope, you need not to apologize at all. I was very vocal about my hatred for her, and yes, this is a form of bashing (and I knew it's hypocritical for me to said it's not). It was the 1. method, and 2. the situation, as well as 3. alternate character interpretation, which I used as loopholes to bash her.

But of course, it doesn't detract much from her canon self compared to how I butchered Madoka. Therefore, readers would still get their favorite character unharmed (better than having me killed her, not featuring her, or destroy her characterization).

Quote:
So Tatenashi goes too far in her teasing and Madoka gets pissed off? What exactly did she do? Madoka doesn't seem to mind it too much when the other harem members try to get him. Granted, most of them don't go to the same length as Tatenashi
Madoka is especially vocal if the harem wanted to be physically intimate with him, remember she's still innocent even if she understand the words 'rape'.

EDIT: And oh forcing him to go into such situation ON PURPOSE is... well.

EDIT2: Tatenahsi just do the usual, sexually teasing Ichika just after he's out of the bath.

Quote:
Side note - What dk you think someone should say to her to make her realize she's hurting people too much by dragging them along at their own pace? I'll need it for Shadow. Also, what do you think Ichika will do/say when he's finally had enough abuse?
Nope, Tatenashi will realize it herself (just like how she understand perfectly about Kanzashi's hatred for her in Canon), if not, then some character that does not hesitate to do so (definitely not Ichika), such as Irish or Kyuukai.

Irish: "You think I care for those ideas you shoved into my face? yes, I am, and boy I really loved it...as if" (hostile sarcasm)

Kyuukai: "Not everyone can be like you, and you are not everyone else, just remember that fact" (friendly advice)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-12-09 at 21:30.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 21:19   Link #12032
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Sounds interesting! Hopefully it won't end up like the play in the light novel.
Old 2011-12-09, 21:30   Link #12033
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So Chifuyu took a gamble and it paid off? Is she failed, the consequences would have been massive.

Just don't let it affect your writing too much I don't like Tabane, but I'm presenting Irish's hatred of her as irrational and prejudiced. Be unbiased when writing a story

Also, do you think I should have a bit of a kick the dog moment there? For example: She tells Irish about her worries about her sister not liking her and that she's wondering what to do. Irish's response?

Irish: Do you honestly expect me to care? Those are your problems, not mine.

Of course, he'll end up helping her anyway at some point.

@ Rain - I'm wondering whether I should make it a joint play or a separate play for everyone. What do you think?
Old 2011-12-09, 21:38   Link #12034
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - So Chifuyu took a gamble and it paid off? Is she failed, the consequences would have been massive.
Why not? She did exactly the same with Golems and Gospel incident. Besides Chifuyu will help him if he's stranded too much (or in grave danger), Chifuyu doesn't care what school Ichika goes to (or getting kicked out of school even), but she DOES care when he's doing his school activity half-assedly.

Quote:
Just don't let it affect your writing too much I don't like Tabane, but I'm presenting Irish's hatred of her as irrational and prejudiced. Be unbiased when writing a story
Ayup, as I said as long as I don't ruin her personality and characterization, I think I'm safe.

Quote:
Also, do you think I should have a bit of a kick the dog moment there? For example: She tells Irish about her worries about her sister not liking her and that she's wondering what to do. Irish's response?

Irish: Do you honestly expect me to care? Those are your problems, not mine.

Of course, he'll end up helping her anyway at some point.
Why not, he is our resident jerkass (with a tiny heart of gold). And as canon stated, not everyone liked Tatenashi's action. Kanzashi's actions for example is biased by her hate for Tatenashi. And Ichika is pissed when she teasing him AGAIN when the situation is gravely serious (after M's attack on US base).
Old 2011-12-09, 21:42   Link #12035
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: A joint play would be better if you're looking for comedy, smaller skits would be better for character development.

Comedy-wise, if a joint play would happen, Kyuukai and Irish would argue on what to do best, the rest of them would fight over roles, work would be all disorganized, and when the curtains are finally drawn, they realize they have no script.

Cue ad lib, the background cast directing Kyuukai on what to narrate as everything but the kitchen sink happens on stage.

Development-wise, there should be an individual play centering around each of them or monologue that should fit the characters.

Kyuukai could pull Edgar Allen Poe on the Academy while everyone else does their own thing. That or they all can do Shakesphere, maybe with each other or try to do a short monologue.

Kyuukai would fit in Anthony and Cleopatra. Three guesses on who Cleopatra is.

Ichika would be best in Romeo and Juliet.

And Irish can probably pull a good Hamlet.
Old 2011-12-09, 21:43   Link #12036
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Not half assedly?

Chifuyu: If you want to intimidate someone, make sure to break BOTH their arms instead of one. Don't leave a job half-done.

Good luck writing, Senpai

Ironically enough, Irish is the one who ends up begging Ichika for help in order to help them get along. Granted, his reasoning is because he says her performance might drop if she can't focus (or so he says).

I wonder how I make him gradually less of a jerkass, though. Also, I don'r know when I have him call others by first name.

@ Rain - I was hoping for more of a Comedy play Did you play final fantasy 7? The Golden Saucer play is a good example of this. I can so see people juggling roles like Kyuukai being both the lancer and the narattor while Ichika is the hero and the distressed dude and Irish is both the Anti-hero/villain and the Damsel in distress (dressed up in a gown).
Old 2011-12-09, 21:54   Link #12037
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I've played Final Fantasy 7. Slap on a wig and some body armor, and Irish could make a decent Sephiroth.

So how's the play going to work out?
Old 2011-12-09, 21:55   Link #12038
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Not half assedly?

Chifuyu: If you want to intimidate someone, make sure to break BOTH their arms instead of one. Don't leave a job half-done.
Ironically, everything she said is hypocritical, for example.

"In this barren and perverse world, the best choice would have never had been the correct one"
-Sacred Twins chapter 8

"If you want to be a monster or a saint, don't do it half-assedly, if you want to be human, then compromise"
-on Human

Quote:
Ironically enough, Irish is the one who ends up begging Ichika for help in order to help them get along. Granted, his reasoning is because he says her performance might drop if she can't focus (or so he says).

I wonder how I make him gradually less of a jerkass, though. Also, I don'r know when I have him call others by first name.
I can see the transition from several drafts, actually I can't see Irish as jerk, but he might be an ignorant ass though (ignoring other people's opinion and reasoning, made them pissed in process).
Old 2011-12-09, 21:56   Link #12039
HasuMasu
*Artist

He's a bit short to play Sephiroth though.
Old 2011-12-09, 22:07   Link #12040
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Chifuyu seems to be cynical to the world at large. Also, her advice on being human might be ironic since Ichika's a clone.

Not really a jerk? Really? Should I turn up his jackassery then? Also, what do you mean he developed in the drafts? He seems the same.

@ Rain - No way is he dressing as some, in his opinion, "girly guy who's gay for an emo guy with spiky hair and is using the sword to compensate for something". Of course, everyone else would say he fits the role perfectly

What do you want the play to be? Christmas or romance like "The three heroes venture forth to save the kingdom and it's 3 princesses". Of course, they actually fight in the play for some reason and they look ridiculous pulling of maneuvers since they're dressed as medieval adventurers

@ Box - Most of the girls are taller than him

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest