AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 22:28   Link #281
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yes it does.
All of a sudden nearly all the RE games even RE:ORC have that physic of getting items up with hands this one with the most anticipated and most worked on doesn't have that little simple thing. Capcom is slacking off.
Items now magically teleports to your inventory walking up to it. Guh....
...I can't tell if you're kidding or not, so I'll just nod.

Quote:
Also here herbs are not paper mixed herbs nor the green perfume of Chris in RE5. They're pills now.
Seems they took the steroid joke on Chris too far and implemented it.

Quote:
Leon demo starts off at China with the horde of zombies.
I saw clips on IGN where Leon's demo started at a University in Tall Oaks, the atmosphere of the scene there is similar to the Queen Zenobia of Revelations with dim lights and scratching sounds coming from somewhere so all hope is not lost yet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 10:43   Link #282
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I saw clips on IGN where Leon's demo started at a University in Tall Oaks, the atmosphere of the scene there is similar to the Queen Zenobia of Revelations with dim lights and scratching sounds coming from somewhere so all hope is not lost yet.
Except for the omnipresent objective marker. If there's one mechanic in gaming that annoys me to no end in the current generation of games, its the gamebreaking objective marker. It completely takes immersion out of any and everything, and just reinforces the linearity of the gaming.

Honestly speaking, my expectations are somewhat deflated by the gameplay footage, especially chris's section. Rather than throwing hordes of bullet sponging zombies at me, I rather liked the risk-payoff gameplay that previous games and Revelations had, where each zombie was a credible threat that demanded a very procedural approach to elimination. The zombies now almost seem no different from the shooting gallery of COD, or at least, that was the feeling I got watching Chris's section. I do hope the higher difficulties correspond to the older playstyles, coupled with the huge hordes that would demand fight or flight decisions.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-06-06 at 10:55.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:49   Link #283
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm definitely feeling Jake's section, especially the fact that the feeling of being chased and stalked really sits well with me because it really makes you think on your toes, just like when playing Resident Evil 3 with Nemesis, which I liked.

Leon's section I need to see more gameplay to see if it's stick to the old "traditional" premise that made the original Resident Evil games before they branched off to something completely different in 4 and 5. The enemies look like the ones in 4 and 5 but with zombie skin mods added to them, which feels weird. I could be wrong but for now I'm going to have to see more gameplay of Leon's to see where this goes in terms of the "traditional horror" premise that Capcom promised for his section.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:23   Link #284
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

I swear they use anything from that movie I am going to be pissed.
Old 2012-06-06, 16:00   Link #285
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I swear they use anything from that movie I am going to be pissed.
Movie ?

Revelations, the 3DS game that came out this year...?
Old 2012-06-06, 16:13   Link #286
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Movie ?

Revelations, the 3DS game that came out this year...?
Oooh, I was thinking of the horrible RL movies with simular names.
Old 2012-06-06, 16:14   Link #287
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Is that Ashley in the trailer with Leon cause it sure looks and sounds like her.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 16:37   Link #288
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oooh, I was thinking of the horrible RL movies with simular names.
...Retribution ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Is that Ashley in the trailer with Leon cause it sure looks and sounds like her.
It does from that trailer huh... But no, it's confirmed to be Sherry from RE2.
Old 2012-06-06, 19:22   Link #289
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

For the hand physics of the pick up animation I really thing RE upgraded in alot of parts yet downgrraded on that little simple thing that made it very realistic in the past games.

Dunno which demo we're gonna have this July the one in University or the one Leon is in China with the horde of zombies.

Another thing is that they kept the partner system. Jake and Sherry are said to be stronger than regular humans due to the special blood Jake carries and Sherry with the virus. Yet they still need 2 people to kick open a door..... =_=;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's Sherry with Jake Muller(Albert Wesker's son)
Old 2012-06-06, 20:07   Link #290
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Double Post Sorry

Chris Redfield Demo. He drinks at the bar with Piers his new partner eating. I know how he feels. All these years he had female partners now he's partnered up with a male... lol
But seriously he's dealing with a past trauma with losing alot of his men, probably related to the Biohazard manga.

Gameplay here is for Chris. If you're playing Piers you will need to sniper riffle the J'avo men. While as Chris you need to keep pressing a certain button. As seen here pretty much AI for Piers as backup is good.

No audio sadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxn0ak8XjEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=2MWBmKyPk50

Note also there is a stamina bar here for Melee attacks. It drains and replenishes overtime.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:35   Link #291
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, I thought Leon's dual-wielding pistols was interesting enough, but Chris looks like a hell lot fun to play with all of his melee attacks
Old 2012-06-07, 01:43   Link #292
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I just hope for Leon's section they return the old Resident Evil item selection mechanic rather than the one used in 4-5 to give back the old "feel" from the first 3 original games.
Old 2012-06-07, 18:53   Link #293
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Jake is the one that said that has more melee and stamina. Chris I believe like said is very fun to play because of the fast paced action and the J'avo's morphing if you shoot them in the head they become flying parasites, if you shoot them in the arms they'll grow tentacles and Hulk out like William Berkin in RE2, if you shot them in the legs they crawl and become fast moving creatures.

Still disapointed there is no pick up animation physics here, but I know the game will still sell....=_=;

Oh and yes Jake has a few moves similar to Wesker like cobra strike.
Old 2012-06-07, 20:07   Link #294
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Jake is the one that said that has more melee and stamina. Chris I believe like said is very fun to play because of the fast paced action and the J'avo's morphing if you shoot them in the head they become flying parasites, if you shoot them in the arms they'll grow tentacles and Hulk out like William Berkin in RE2, if you shot them in the legs they crawl and become fast moving creatures.
Actually I saw that if you shoot them in the legs they would become flyers.

Don't know what happens if you shoot them in the head though but I'm expecting a nasty surprise as well.

I believe Gears of War 3 had a similar enemy, though their mutations seem more random.
Old 2012-06-07, 20:18   Link #295
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:

Still disapointed there is no pick up animation physics here, but I know the game will still sell....=_=;

Oh and yes Jake has a few moves similar to Wesker like cobra strike.
Like father, like son eh? So, I haven't seen the Jake Scenario, does that mean that playing Jake means we'll be playing a melee oriented gameplay for the most part and less shooting all the way?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:31   Link #296
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Like father, like son eh? So, I haven't seen the Jake Scenario, does that mean that playing Jake means we'll be playing a melee oriented gameplay for the most part and less shooting all the way?
It`s a little bit of both. You can switch to weapon or hand to hand combat whenever you prefer, but you`ll have to be smart about it because there`s something chasing him during his scenario. Is scenario is based off Jill`s from Resident Evil 3.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-06-07 at 20:44.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 20:38   Link #297
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Actually I saw that if you shoot them in the legs they would become flyers.

Don't know what happens if you shoot them in the head though but I'm expecting a nasty surprise as well.

I believe Gears of War 3 had a similar enemy, though their mutations seem more random.
That's why it's said that Chris's scenario is more war oriented and we see the horrors of war do to our fellow men. That is Chris's horror theme, though pretty much it's an action shooter type when he's there.

Gonna check again since I only watched the previews once and see if I can see more details.

Jake is the best melee character I've seen so far, Chris so far I've seen he's the one with the heavy guns great melee and Leon he's the more horror RE similar to RE4 zombies.
Old 2012-06-08, 20:50   Link #298
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's why it's said that Chris's scenario is more war oriented and we see the horrors of war do to our fellow men. That is Chris's horror theme, though pretty much it's an action shooter type when he's there.

Gonna check again since I only watched the previews once and see if I can see more details.

Jake is the best melee character I've seen so far, Chris so far I've seen he's the one with the heavy guns great melee and Leon he's the more horror RE similar to RE4 zombies.

I didn't mean anything when I referenced Gears, I was just comparing enemy types

Gameplay-wise, I'm guessing Chris' 'horror' is to see exceedingly more and more tougher enemies slowly overwhelming and advancing on you and as you try to kill them they evolve into something worse.

Anyway I recall them saying that the three protagonists have different playstyles, something like Leon can dual-wield guns and Jake has more melee moves?
Old 2012-06-09, 01:10   Link #299
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If we get a game finale that has Chris and Leon working together, and maybe even throw in Jake and Sherry with them, I will forgive any and all sins the game is bound to make.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 01:17   Link #300
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ Don't forget sparing Ada in the end (because I don't wanna see her being killed off) and if they do that then Capcom is off the hook, I guess?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote