AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-13, 14:01   Link #241
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
That pretty useful. Crew skill?
Yep, commanders can develop 6th sense later on and inform the player that they have been spotted.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 01:40   Link #242
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Damn. What did they do to the T1 Heavy when I was away? I don't remember it's such a beast last year.
Old 2012-11-14, 02:46   Link #243
LeoXiao
思想工作

What is with you guys and your 7-9 kills per game? My highest was 8 with the PzIV and that was by accident.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 04:08   Link #244
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
They fixed the matchmaking by making the battle tiers +/- 1 tier instead of the old +/- 2 tiers. (Previously T1 Heavy could see tier 9 tanks in its battles, but now it sees tier 7s max)

That could be it. Don't remember when that was implemented though.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 04:28   Link #245
Blaat

My highest is four.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It would have been better if someone created one with a newtype ping sound effect.

Anyway after playing several times I think the problem with my T4 tanks (M3 Lee and pzKpfw38nA) isn't so much the tanks themselves but the horrible matchmaking. Not sure what the design philosophy is behind putting T4 tanks with T6 to T8 tanks there's nothing you can do in those games besides passive scouting. :\

Also I keep reading you need to use HE shells for higher tier targets is this true?
Old 2012-11-14, 05:52   Link #246
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Also I keep reading you need to use HE shells for higher tier targets is this true?
That's actually a misleading tip. HE shells are useful against higher tier targets because the chance of dealing damage with HE is greater since the shell explodes on impact, rather than if you were to try to use AP and it bounces.

Still, the damage dealt is determined by how much armor your enemy has, so against more heavily armored targets the damage you're dealing with AP is nearly nill. It's more effective to know the weakspots of the tank you're shooting at and/or flank them, rather than using HE. I only really use HE when the gun is designed for it, or when I have no other choice in the matter.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 07:00   Link #247
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

HE are especially useful if you know where the enemies engine or ammo is, since equipping the 105 to my T82 last night I've had at least 4 kills come down to the enemies engine exploding.

If in doubt go for the tracks =]

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 07:40   Link #248
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Anyway after playing several times I think the problem with my T4 tanks (M3 Lee and pzKpfw38nA) isn't so much the tanks themselves but the horrible matchmaking. Not sure what the design philosophy is behind putting T4 tanks with T6 to T8 tanks there's nothing you can do in those games besides passive scouting. :\
The M3 Lee shouldn't meet any T8 tanks, though. Were you in a platoon?
Old 2012-11-14, 08:28   Link #249
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

my tier 4 have been thrown into tier 8 battle several times too...
Old 2012-11-14, 09:21   Link #250
Sumeragi
Banned

Tier 4 Light Tanks are considered dedicated scouts and thus are forced into Tier 8 battles.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:06   Link #251
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Unfortunately, if you don't know that and put on a heavier gun and turret without a better engine, you're not going to do very well in that role and do almost nil damage to medium/heavies..

(PS: Yes, I made that mistake)

Outlook is both hazy and explosive
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:18   Link #252
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Tier IV Medium and Heavy tanks should only see Tier 6 enemies at highest unless platooned with higher tier allies. As Sumeragi above mentions however, Tier IV light tanks and above are considered scouts, and thus valued higher on the matchmaker, resulting in them seeing even Tier X tanks. One the one hand, if you can keep yourself alive long enough to scout for the Heavies, you can earn significant amounts of exp and cash without firing a single shot. On the other hand, it's surviving that's the problem

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:45   Link #253
Tak

Wow, you are tempting me to buy back my T38NA. I am not going to ever use it to shoot, because its 5cm gun does squat. But... as a scouting vehicle, it does wonders.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-14, 11:51   Link #254
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The M3 Lee shouldn't meet any T8 tanks, though. Were you in a platoon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Tier 4 Light Tanks are considered dedicated scouts and thus are forced into Tier 8 battles.
Quote:
Tier IV Medium and Heavy tanks should only see Tier 6 enemies at highest unless platooned with higher tier allies. As Sumeragi above mentions however, Tier IV light tanks and above are considered scouts, and thus valued higher on the matchmaker, resulting in them seeing even Tier X tanks.
If that's the case I most likely faced T8 units with my 38nA rather with my M3 Lee.
Quote:
Still, the damage dealt is determined by how much armor your enemy has, so against more heavily armored targets the damage you're dealing with AP is nearly nill. It's more effective to know the weakspots of the tank you're shooting at and/or flank them, rather than using HE. I only really use HE when the gun is designed for it, or when I have no other choice in the matter.
That makes sense, my rule of thumb is too aim for the behind as much as possible considering the engine tends to be located there.

Anyway currently alt tabbing in a game, passive scouting FTW.

edit: and now I'm in a game with T8 units.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:22   Link #255
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I have only been thrown into T8 battle 5 times so I don't think Sumeragi theory is true, and don't take T4 light tank lightly as their weight, I with my A13 destroyed light, medium, TD and some low HP heavy regularly. (my highest kill in a battle with my T4 A13 was 4 and 1 of them was heavy)
Old 2012-11-14, 12:39   Link #256
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So far I heard the British tree is not good, but I found that A13 and Crusader are quite good for their tier. The guns are nice, and they could withstand enough punishment to deal damage back.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:46   Link #257
Sumeragi
Banned

The British tanks are "not good" in that they don't quite fit the usual light-medium-heavy categories due to how the British made their tanks. You have to get used to it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:49   Link #258
willx
Nyaaan~~

Check out the world of tanks wiki, it lists for each tank the matchmaking tier:

The A13 is in tiers 4-6, whereas the 38nA is in tiers 4-8. The British and French seem to have the "kindest" matchmaking for it's tier 4 lights, but the French get the tier 4 heavy .. and the British get access to early medium tanks at Tier 1. Although the capabilities of the tanks don't necessarily fit the "light/med/heavy" categories across nations for those particular countries..

The outcome is inevitable
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:57   Link #259
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wow, you are tempting me to buy back my T38NA. I am not going to ever use it to shoot, because its 5cm gun does squat. But... as a scouting vehicle, it does wonders.

- Tak
The tank is still pretty bad as a scout since it isn't fast either.
As for scout exp, you get 50% of what your team member doing the damage earned, divided by the number of team members spotting the target.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 13:23   Link #260
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
The tank is still pretty bad as a scout since it isn't fast either.
Quite frankly, I'd rather take my jeep and scout. At least I can do around 80mph on that thing

But actually the NA its not that bad... its around 75km/h, and I usually can avoid enemy fire with it.

That being said, the transversing rate for the NA is pretty horrid, and while turning, my NA is very vulnerable.

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks