AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-27, 23:33   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 726 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over! Once again, credit goes to Redon from AP for this spoiler summary:

Quote:
- More fighters get trapped into the basement, including Boo, Ideo and Kelly Funk.
- Ricky reveals his true identity. He is the former king of Dressrosa and Rebecca's grandfather.
- Sai says their original purpose was to investigate weapons that export from Dressrosa.
- Trébol uses his powers to kidnap Sai and transforms him into a toy.
- Finally Bartolomeo finds Luffy.
- Tontatta Kingdom was a slave of Donquixote family 900 years ago until they got released from Dressrosa's new king 800 years ago.
- Toy Soldier also reveals he is Rebecca's father.

End of chapter.​

Huh, so Trebol was the one with the toy power? That's odd, because he seemed to be a logia user from what little we've seen of him previously (and I dunno what kind of logia power would be related to toys....). The twists regarding Ricky and Thunder Soldier don't surprise me at all, really. The info about the Tontattas being former slaves and the Kano country guys investigating weapons sound interesting, though. I'm also looking forward to Barto's meeting with Luffy, heh. Anyways, now to wait for the full chapter....
Old 2013-10-28, 02:21   Link #2
JonSnow

According to the other translation, the drawves set sail to find resources 900 years ago and were chased and seized by humans. The donquixote family saved them and forced them to sign an unequal treaty, then the dwarves fell into a dark slave society. Since then Dressrosa became more and more richer. When Riku became the new king, he freed the dwarves and treated the countries aside from Dressrosa good. The dwarves thanked them by making Dressrosa greener with plants. However the nightmare came back when Doflamingo stepped foot on Dressrosa. Then the memories of the people of Dressrosa were erased, so that they won't know the truth.
Old 2013-10-28, 04:44   Link #3
mrShady

So all in all promising spoilers, can't wait for chapter release.

About Ricky and toy soldier, them being related to Rebecca was obvious but it's still nice we finally get confirmation and can end speculating about it.

Whatever Trebol is or can do I'm more surprised he was able to kidnap Sai, wasn't he surrounded by fighters from the tournament? I figure at least one of those guys knows observation haki right? So I'm somewhat confused how he pulled that off.

Nobles really like to oppress non humans, first the fishmen now the dwarves, what's next the giants? But I'm not really surprised about this background, but I do wonder how Doflamingo manipulated his subjects memory and if he did the same to his crew?

Again no mention of the Law vs Doflamingo fight, which makes me wonder how much we'll actually see of it or if Law get's the off-panel treatment.
Old 2013-10-28, 07:39   Link #4
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Decent spoiler.

I was correct about Ricky being King Riku.
And as I once suspected the toy soldier is Rebecca's father, though I brushed that thought off once before.
The toy devil fruit user is a little bit surprising seeing that he seems to be a possible logia user. Never really cared about that though.

And Bartolomeo has spotted Luffy! Oh this is quite nice. Doesn't seem like we get to see anything about Law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Then the memories of the people of Dressrosa were erased, so that they won't know the truth.
I thought as much. It wouldn't be so surprising if Doflamingo had a devil fruit user that can erase peoples memories. He seems to force lots of people with special abilities to work for him. One special in particular is Violet. It's all in a plans work if you want to fully manipulate your entire kingdom to work as you desire.

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-28 at 07:53.
Old 2013-10-28, 08:38   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
(and I dunno what kind of logia power would be related to toys....).
Legos.....
Old 2013-10-28, 08:54   Link #6
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

He could just be a paramecia type. Maybe the liquid can turn people into toys.
You never know!
Old 2013-10-28, 11:00   Link #7
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Legos.....
That is brilliant.

Whenever a family member dissappeared, a helpful toy would appear, so it was already pretty obvious that the toys were just the lost friends and relatives. I'm very curious to see this ability in action, and will be really dissapointed if it happens off-panel.

Luffy doesn't like bartolomeo, so it will be difficult for the latter to convince him to go anywhere as long as the colosseum fight is ongoing.
Old 2013-10-28, 11:16   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sounds like a great chapter.

It was finally confirmed that Ricky is Riku. Eh, he didn't try very hard when he came up with that nickname to conceal his identity

Quote:
Legos.....
That would be amazing.
Old 2013-10-28, 11:27   Link #9
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombface View Post
That is brilliant.

Whenever a family member dissappeared, a helpful toy would appear, so it was already pretty obvious that the toys were just the lost friends and relatives. I'm very curious to see this ability in action, and will be really dissapointed if it happens off-panel.

Luffy doesn't like bartolomeo, so it will be difficult for the latter to convince him to go anywhere as long as the colosseum fight is ongoing.
Luffy has never once said that he doesn't like Bartolomeo. He has only said that Bartolomeo is weird.

Luffy believes people easily since that's just how he is. If Bartolomeo tries to tell Luffy that Zoro is looking for him then he will most definitely follow. That should be obvious.

If you say things that aren't true you'll confuse other people on basic information in the Manga so be careful with that.
Old 2013-10-28, 12:15   Link #10
Rainbowman

If I were to choose the highlights of this chapter, I'd go with Trebol being the one erasing the memories of the toys.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2013-11-01 at 19:15.
Old 2013-10-28, 15:42   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Legos.....

Actually, that would be pretty badass, all things considered!

And yeah, I read that other summary that JonSnow mentioned, as well. So basically slave-driving was something that's been running in Dofla's family for darn near a millennium, lol. And apparently king Riku's ancestors were the ones who let the dwarves make Green Bit their home. So it really does seem that the Riku family is good, after all. But now I'm just wondering who between Ricky and Thunder Soldier is the legendary Kyros.....?
Old 2013-10-28, 17:00   Link #12
mrShady

Quote:
Actually, that would be pretty badass, all things considered!

And yeah, I read that other summary that JonSnow mentioned, as well. So basically slave-driving was something that's been running in Dofla's family for darn near a millennium, lol. And apparently king Riku's ancestors were the ones who let the dwarves make Green Bit their home. So it really does seem that the Riku family is good, after all. But now I'm just wondering who between Ricky and Thunder Soldier is the legendary Kyros.....?
The audience mentioned they remembered Ricky's fighting style but not the person. That Kyros statue was also from someone who was forgotten. And as we know the people who are turned in to toys are forgotten, since Soldier is the only toy it does point to him. He also misses a leg which might point to an injury he picked up in his gladiator days.
However the myth might be split between both Ricky and Soldier, since Ricky fights differently then Rebecca who had Soldier as her trainer.
So yeah nothing is really definitive yet.
Old 2013-10-28, 17:57   Link #13
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
The audience mentioned they remembered Ricky's fighting style but not the person. That Kyros statue was also from someone who was forgotten. And as we know the people who are turned in to toys are forgotten, since Soldier is the only toy it does point to him. He also misses a leg which might point to an injury he picked up in his gladiator days.
However the myth might be split between both Ricky and Soldier, since Ricky fights differently then Rebecca who had Soldier as her trainer.
So yeah nothing is really definitive yet.
Rebecca doesn't really do much of a fighting style, she just knocks her opponents out of the ring.

I would guess that the fighting style that Rebecca the Toy Soldier and Ricky use are the same style that the kingdom teaches the Riku army.

And Kyros hasn't been around for more than 20 years which means he's been gone since before Doflamingo came around.
It could be that the old man in the crowd only remembers that fighting style as the one the Riku army uses.
Old 2013-10-28, 23:20   Link #14
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Luffy has never once said that he doesn't like Bartolomeo. He has only said that Bartolomeo is weird.

Luffy believes people easily since that's just how he is. If Bartolomeo tries to tell Luffy that Zoro is looking for him then he will most definitely follow. That should be obvious.

If you say things that aren't true you'll confuse other people on basic information in the Manga so be careful with that.
I'm glad you're trying to keep the thread clear of discrepencies, but I still stand by what I said. I mean, you can wait for luffy to say the words "i do/don't like bartolomeo," but until then I'm going to connect the dots and say that calling him weird constitutes "not liking" him.

However, it is true that this is simply my interpretation of the manga and I could be wrong.

Also, I didn't say he wouldn't follow, just that it would be difficult.
Old 2013-10-28, 23:27   Link #15
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:

Break's over! Once again, credit goes to Redon from AP for this spoiler summary:
Can I just say thank you Marvel for you're swift thread updates

Now about the spoiler. It would be awesome if we get to see the legendary gladiator and how he measures up in fights outside of the arena
Old 2013-10-29, 02:39   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Um, just because the King's ancestors were good, it doesn't mean that the whole family was good.

Except after having just read Aohige's summary of the raw, it confirmed that the Riku lineage indeed were ALL kind, just rulers. They even did their best to help other nations aside from their own (for instance, it turns out that king Elizabello is actually an old friend of Ricky's). So yep, it looks like all the bad stuff happening in Dressrosa was all Dofla's doing, all right.....

Also, I find myself particularly interested in Luffy's chat with the imprisoned gladiators (again, credit goes to Aohige for this):

Quote:
He tells him how he though this country was fun and happy, but seeing them, that doesn't seem like the whole truth.
The gladiators tell him how this nation exist both light and dark, and the losers are thrown in the darkness.
If you take out the trash (losers) of course the country will look clean and bright.
Luffy tells him it reminds him of the country he grew up in.

^I think this is the first time Luffy's ever talked about his own home like that. I like how he actually acknowledges how much of a hellhole the Goa kingdom was for those who weren't part of the upper class.....

Oh, and apparently Hack (the fish karate dude) is a spy. Go figure. And lastly: Barto's reaction to spotting Luffy is freaking GOLD.

Edit: While I'm at it, here's a better quality image of volume 72's cover (SBS should be out within the next few days, BTW):

Also, we have confirmation of a new Color Walk! Color Walk Gorilla will be released in January of next year:

Credit goes to Redon from AP for these scans!

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-10-29 at 02:59.
Old 2013-10-29, 03:18   Link #17
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Judging from the new chapter release it seems I may have been correct about Tebols ability turning people to toys when he touches them with his liquid ability. Hopefully it's a paramecia type as well just like I said.
Old 2013-10-29, 05:03   Link #18
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

So either Trebol has some glue like logia that can stretch to grab people from dungeon (which would be pretty stupid to have unless he is extraordinary powerful to keep, since you are the king of dressora just force guard to throw them into somewhere else) or a toy-making weird liquid paramecia/logia. My bets still on the second one.

But he is picking them up, and then forcing them out as a toy giving orders after a while. That makes it a bit tricky. What if he handed Sai to someone else for transformation up there?
Whatever it is, its on the same league as Moria. Some of those devil fruits powers really has an insane range, such as kingdom or world itself.
Old 2013-10-29, 07:25   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh yay... Barto is reunited with Luffy

and such a great revelation... King Riku is alive... and he's not Rebecca's father?!?!
then Rebecca won't inherit the throne??

so many unrevealed stuffs.... I thought we will march to finale now but seems not
Old 2013-10-29, 07:59   Link #20
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
oh yay... Barto is reunited with Luffy

and such a great revelation... King Riku is alive... and he's not Rebecca's father?!?!
then Rebecca won't inherit the throne??

so many unrevealed stuffs.... I thought we will march to finale now but seems not
I'm sure that the Toy Soldier or Rebecca's mother are the ones who are supposed to inherit the throne. Actually the toy soldier has the same hair color as Riku and that would make me believe that the Toy Soldier is actually Riku's son.
I'm not sure. There isn't much evidence that says so.