AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-11, 10:19   Link #61
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Scherbe
Are there anyone who loves ED outside Japan?

Overseas anime fans dislike rock?
I like it. Its funny. Wasn't expecting it in the beginning though, I thought it was going to be another soft\slow music because of the beginning part.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 10:26   Link #62
lavielove

I saw this in wiki and eager to watch for a long time.dan .. it's like a bomb .Just came out and blew up in animesuki. look at all those posts.I watched it.Honestly I saw a part of me in Satou.I hate to think in this way but I can't help it.Being hikki is not that you want to be,it is just the situation drove you to be.yeah... GONZO rocks to the core this time.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-11 at 14:14.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 10:31   Link #63
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I'm really questioning if it is indeed true that animation-->otakus-->unsocial.
I'm inclined to believe there is some truth to that statement. If you watch a lot of anime you're being constantly shown ideal versions of people in ideal situations. With enough of that, real life people will start to look drab, boring, flawed, and horrible in comparison. Combine that with other pressures (such as getting bullied in school or having too much acamdemic pressure) and it's not surprising that some people decide to take the road to being a hikikomori.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Scherbe
Are there anyone who loves ED outside Japan?

Overseas anime fans dislike rock?
I loved it, better then the OP in my opinion. Though I prefer the animation of the opening (minus naked Misaki and Kashiwa-sempai ).

The episode was actually better then I thought it would be. For the most part the animation was very good. Fluid movement and drab colors really added to a few of the moments. The first scene with Misaki holding the umbrella in the snow was amazing. Though the animators seem to like severely shortening Satou's forearm. It gets extremely small and loses a ton of detail in a few scenes. The character designs are okay for the most part. Satou is a pretty good transition and so is Misaki. Though I think Misaki's face is a little bit too long. Kashiwa-sempai I think actually looks better in the anime.

As for the things they cut... bleh. The suicide concoction was my favorite part of the first chapter and was extremely funny. And the whole scene with Satou talking with furniture must not have made sense to the anime only watchers because
Spoiler:

All in all, a decent first episode. I'll continue watching it through the end just to see how they adapt it.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 12:31   Link #64
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow wht a start...the theme is soo messed up its gona be impossible to predict whts gona happen next...kinda like suzumiya haruhii
haha i think ill go mad too if i was living next to a person who listens to that purpurin song every day

i thikn its gona be a realistic show that gives us a glimpse into a person who had mental/social problems cause the main chara has clear lost his marbles in the world of conspiracy XD gona love more of this series...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:46   Link #65
Kisuke06
I see...

First episode was very good. Main character is... you know, an odd guy. XD

I think this is going to be as great show. It has a very interesting theme(hikikomori problems, and I suppose they will show how the mais character will become again a normal person). And is a really funny show.

I liked the OP song, but I think Ed song is way better.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:52   Link #66
Ddadain
Autumn winds are good~

This series has potential.

As for myself, I liked the opening and ending themes. I DO love ROCK!

The only downside is that the fansubbers didn't do the show justice. They have off timings and the subs are not really presented well AT ALL. That's what you get from MKV format >_> But maybe it's just me being biased an all (I HATE MKV!).

The story in itself is really interesting. The apparent idiocies and of course the arrows shot at those who watched the anime is all so amusing. Besides those, the WTF factor as per described is really brilliantly presented.

Although, I've to say that the animators didn't give the female protagonist the "angel-like" look she had in the manga. Well, this also might be a case of me being over-expectant, but oh well - I enjoyed it.
Ddadain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 14:09   Link #67
Clarste
Human

I dislike the OP. The animation's interesting, and the music's not horrible, but it's kind of boring and doesn't really fit the show at all. It's not emphasizing the depressing or the crazy, which are pretty much the main themes of the show. I guess it's emphasizing the feeling of alienation through the faceless people running by, but it's too upbeat to really capture that. The ED on the other hand is perfect.

I'm wondering who that purple guy is though. Is he the mascot for the NHK TV station or something? Or a fake mascot for the anime? Or just nothing in particular?

Spoiler for comparison to manga:

My favorite show of the season so far.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 14:23   Link #68
howzitboy

looks like another awesome series to me. very interesting topic for an anime. making fun of your viewers lol.
and the ending song was like wtf lol.
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 14:43   Link #69
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
i really likd the first episode
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 15:29   Link #70
sANDEKERU

Just saw the first episode, and i can totaly relate to this shit(except this beeing a worst case scenario).. Voices, paranoia, depresed, lack of sleep and dropping out of school halfway trough the year. I still have problems, but it's only gotten better since i started going to school again, and stopped putting all my time into computer games and such.

After seeing this show, I realised something.. It's time to get a part time job (atleast in some not to distant future :S)

You hear about shit like this all the time, like people having gambling addictions loosing their marriage, jobs and houses.

Dont think it's that uncommon tbh.
sANDEKERU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 17:10   Link #71
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I think the anime is ok, but i still like the manga better. Maybe episode 2 will show improvement, i dont know. But on the other hand anime companies allways try to make episode one very good because depending on ep1 people will decide to continue watching it.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 18:16   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
NHK is caused by ppl watching anime...dam your soo right its the biggest conspitacy...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 18:46   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
intresting show i am not sure how i feel about it though i cant see this being a series though the premise just doesnt make for a very strong story line
Old 2006-07-11, 20:07   Link #74
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I have no idea about NHK ni Youkoso at first, but when I watched it I was amused about the premise. Though some friends are telling me just to read the manga.

The art isn't so bad (I was expecting worse since most of the reviews thought it was a disappointment), and the girl's drawing is pretty cute if I say so myself
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 20:12   Link #75
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddadain
The only downside is that the fansubbers didn't do the show justice. They have off timings and the subs are not really presented well AT ALL. That's what you get from MKV format >_> But maybe it's just me being biased an all (I HATE MKV!).
Unless you watched it in VLC it should have looked fine... it certainly did when I made it. Anyway, I'm making a hardsub version now. You'll have to keep seeding it yourself, though, I don't have enough upload bandwidth for more than one torrent at a time.
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 23:23   Link #76
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I read the NHK manga eons ago, but for some reason my interest in it waned, and I stopped following it. My original interest in NHK mainly lies in its exhibition of an unsound mind, Satou's psychological delusions and behaviours. I never thought NHK was that disturbing, just curious enough to raise an eyebrow. But then again, I have to remind myself that I also possess a slightly tainted mind. The first episode captured well of Satou's abnormal mentality. But even with my fuzzy recollection, I felt the manga was a bit more hardcore than the anime, which is congruent with what more faithful manga readers' comparisons above. While casually strumming my Washburn, I inadvertently figured out the chords to the song that was playing when Satou decided to out to get a job. In the key of C Major (or A Minor), the fundamental chord progression is: Dm-Fmaj7-C. Quite simple actually. If strummed with open chords, I think the high E string is muted with all three chords. Anyways, my disposition for this beginning episode is, overall, good. With respect to this hikikomori phenomenon, I eagerly await to take Psychology 300A&B - Behaviour Disorders, where I can then truly dissect people like Satou, and consequently, of myself.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-07-11 at 23:35.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 23:59   Link #77
arias

Haha, I'm a fourth year Psychology Major and I don't think you should place much hope of "dissecting" ill people from just reading texts and such. I'm also not sure whether that kind of intention is any good in the first place.. But studying abnormal psychology does seriously give you alot of sympathy for them and, if you really take in the course and text, understand the importance of the biological contribution to such disorders.

My vote on the NHK anime awaits on its future episodes. I don't really like Gonzo, but in some ways they give a nice shape to this anime and fit well with its more psychedelic themes. I'm still relatively unimpressed by this episode.. we'll see.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 00:17   Link #78
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Haha, I'm a fourth year Psychology Major and I don't think you should place much hope of "dissecting" ill people from just reading texts and such. I'm also not sure whether that kind of intention is any good in the first place.. But studying abnormal psychology does seriously give you alot of sympathy for them and, if you really take in the course and text, understand the importance of the biological contribution to such disorders.
Maybe the word "dissect" was too aggressive. Perhaps "understand" would be a better word. To gain some light on why such behaviour disorders exist, how it occurs, symptoms and effects, environmental and/or like you said, biological factors that affect it...etc. Queries akin to those. I've always wanted to know a bit more about things regarding this aspect of psychology.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 02:32   Link #79
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
OK, here's the AVI version, for people with boring players:
http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/to..._ADTRW.torrent
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 03:29   Link #80
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr VacBob
Unless you watched it in VLC it should have looked fine... it certainly did when I made it. Anyway, I'm making a hardsub version now. You'll have to keep seeding it yourself, though, I don't have enough upload bandwidth for more than one torrent at a time.
I downloaded the subtitles and used them with a raw. Everything looked just fine with Media Player Classic. Thank you very much.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological