AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-11, 19:41   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan

Waste of chakra (*Spoilers*)

After watching episode 62 and seeing naruto use his ultra cool nine tail powers to kick neji's little behind, it got me thinking. I mean all he did was use brute force to attack neji, and did not utalize it with ninjutsu, like summoning or whatever. So i was wondering, does with all that amazing chakra, doesnt naruto ever use to to woop out some cool attack like the chidori that kakashi does?
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 19:47   Link #2
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Why make a new topic about this?
Just discuss this issue on the Episode 62 discussion thread.

Didn't understand your question very well. You asked if he could use Chakra to repel the attack like Neji does? No, he can't. Naruto's strong, but he isn't half skilled as Neji. Spelling Chakra from your body to repel nin/gen/taijutsu (in other words, the principle of the Kaiten) is a very complex thing to do, and Naruto wouldn't be able to do it.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 19:50   Link #3
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious

Didn't understand your question very well. You asked if he could use Chakra to repel the attack like Neji does? No, he can't. Naruto's strong, but he isn't half skilled as Neji. Spelling Chakra from your body to repel nin/gen/taijutsu (in other words, the principle of the Kaiten) is a very complex thing to do, and Naruto wouldn't be able to do it.

Sorry let me be alittle more descriptive. I mean that everyone has thier own type of unique way of using thier chakra, like for example: garaa uses it to manipulate sand, rock lee (the pimpsta) uses to for taijutsu, sasuke uses it for his fire attacks, and shikamaru uses it for his shadow attack. So is it me or naruto doesnt really have a special unique fighting style (yah, thats a better way to put it), except using is clone teqnique. I mean he also has the frog summoning thing, but its not like he gonna use that anytime soon.

So i was wondering if he is going to develop a fighting style, or paticulary good moves later on that will enable to fully utalize the nine tail powers?
Old 2003-12-11, 20:10   Link #4
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]

Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I mean that everyone has thier own type of unique way of using thier chakra, like for example: garaa uses it to manipulate sand, rock lee (the pimpsta) uses to for taijutsu, sasuke uses it for his fire attacks, and shikamaru uses it for his shadow attack. So is it me or naruto doesnt really have a special unique fighting style (yah, thats a better way to put it), except using is clone teqnique.
If the creator showed us Naruto's family trait technique specialty like you've mentioned with Gaara, Lee, Sasuke, Shikmaru, Ino and her Mind Control, Chouji and the enlarged size, then he would be giving us an idea for Naruto's background and family history. He wants to keep us curious and unknown until the time comes for it to be the center story arc. So, in the meantime, Naruto's the only one who uses a technique such as Kage Bushin with no family reference.
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 20:10   Link #5
Stickels
Just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious

he does it against Haku, all it is is blasting energy away from himself, hell that way is better than neji's because it just as effectivly blocks the attack, and can be used as a weapon from a range as well.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 20:16   Link #6
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels
he does it against Haku, all it is is blasting energy away from himself, hell that way is better than neji's because it just as effectivly blocks the attack, and can be used as a weapon from a range as well.
That was involuntary, as you may have seen in the fight against Haku. Naruto was dominated with anger and hate, and he turned on Kyuubi mode. If Naruto wanted to deflect attacks by himself with his Chakra, he wouldn't be able to do it. I mean, when he's counciouss and not in Kyuubi mode. Naruto's strong, but he's not that skilled.

But wnkryo-san, I see your question now. As far as I've read, Naruto doesn't have an unique fighting style at all. But the fact he has a demon sealed within him is unique. Naruto isn't that skilled, and he uses what's up in his hand. Any kinds of attack to beat the enemy, that's just his way. Now, Shika, Neji, Hinata, Ino, Choji, Shino, Kiba. They all have their unique family style. Naruto didn't have a family to learn an style from. Lee had Gai-sensei, Sasuke had his own prodigy and decided to stick out with Konoha's basic attacks, fire jutsu. Like I said before, Naruto don't bother to have a style nor anything. He just uses what he can, and defeat the enemy with all he has.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 20:48   Link #7
Zeratul
n00bie

Naruto was the worst ninja in his academy. He not only lacks chakra control, but neither can he do any of the good jutsus because he just screws them up(like bunshin jutsu). He also lacks basic ninja skills

His gift is power and the only way he knows to use it is by using it by brute taijutsu. When he learns to control his power and learns more jutsus he will be unstoppable.
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 20:48   Link #8
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Sorry let me be alittle more descriptive. I mean that everyone has thier own type of unique way of using thier chakra, like for example: garaa uses it to manipulate sand, rock lee (the pimpsta) uses to for taijutsu, sasuke uses it for his fire attacks, and shikamaru uses it for his shadow attack. So is it me or naruto doesnt really have a special unique fighting style (yah, thats a better way to put it), except using is clone teqnique. I mean he also has the frog summoning thing, but its not like he gonna use that anytime soon.

So i was wondering if he is going to develop a fighting style, or paticulary good moves later on that will enable to fully utalize the nine tail powers?
To answer your 2 questions,
No.
I always thought it was a sad, sad state of affairs that Naruto never bothered to get any better at taijutsu than he has. Even after creating ten, twenty, thirty clones, NONE of them manage to put a scratch on Neji.
Spoiler:

The Kagebunshin as a combat jutsu best lends itself to taijutsu; overwhelming your foe with sheer numbers. There's no point in trying to perform genjutsu with 100 of yourself, though Naruto did have a good idea when he replicated to become the whole team during the Forest of Death. Being able to perform several ninjutsu at the same time could be a valuable ability, but the concept of being able to become 20 fighters counts most with hand-to-hand combat.

About Naruto & his semi-Kaiten against Neji, Vicious is right. Naruto wasn't conscious at the time, and his technique proved that it is POSSIBLE for him to create a force field of Chakra, but not that he is able to do it on his own.

To answer your second question,
Yes.

(There have been whole threads on his new power move, I'm sure you know the name even though you haven't seen it yet)
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 20:51   Link #9
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkoodies
If the creator showed us Naruto's family trait technique specialty like you've mentioned with Gaara, Lee, Sasuke, Shikmaru, Ino and her Mind Control, Chouji and the enlarged size, then he would be giving us an idea for Naruto's background and family history. He wants to keep us curious and unknown until the time comes for it to be the center story arc. So, in the meantime, Naruto's the only one who uses a technique such as Kage Bushin with no family reference.

I didnt mean a family trait. I mean what trait does Lee, or gaara have that has to do with thier famalies?

Edit: BTW, i also wanted to know if naruto will use his nine tail powers for a new powerfull move (assuming he learns any)?
Old 2003-12-11, 21:14   Link #10
eLstar
(^_^)v

Hmmm...well I won't close this one since it's kind of leading to a good discussion. And leading away from Episode 62...
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 21:20   Link #11
Muraki
Dreamer

Naruto does get a more powerful move but I"m not sure if he uses the Nine Tail power...(Didn't read the chapter very carefully...)

Spoiler:

Lee's just a really hard worker....would that be a genetic trait o.O
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 21:50   Link #12
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]

Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
Quote:

Edit: BTW, i also wanted to know if naruto will use his nine tail powers for a new powerfull move (assuming he learns any)?
It is just the beginning ... he's only 13 and still learning to master chakra control and others, but after time, Naruto will realize he should use the Nine Tails power to its limit.

I await mind-blowing and explosive jutsus from the loudest ninja in the village..
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 22:49   Link #13
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkoodies
It is just the beginning ... he's only 13 and still learning to master chakra control and others, but after time, Naruto will realize he should use the Nine Tails power to its limit.

I await mind-blowing and explosive jutsus from the loudest ninja in the village..

Imagine the series was "Rock Lee" instead of "Naruto" and rock lee had the demon powers in him! That would be awwwwsome!!

BTW, when does naruto use his nine tail powers agian (assuming he uses it agian)? And what do the people who found out that he has some amazing power in him (like shikamaru, and the others) think of naruto now? Finnaly, i want to know what the sand hokage thinks of naruto (assuming he does)
Old 2003-12-11, 23:09   Link #14
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
...when does naruto use his nine tail powers agian (assuming he uses it agian)? And what do the people who found out that he has some amazing power in him (like shikamaru, and the others) think of naruto now? Finnaly, i want to know what the sand hokage thinks of naruto (assuming he does)
The Ninetails' power (even by this point in the show) is becoming integrated with Naruto's own, so there is much less distinction between where one ends and the other begins. While he DOES get a huge rush of power during the Neji battle, that can be considered along the same lines as an adrenaline rush rather than a real effort to go to Kyuubi power...
whoops...off track...

I hope you appreciate how hard I have to think to make a response without any spoilers...

The fight against Neji really hasn't changed the perceptions of Naruto to a lot of people, they recognize that he has some talent but they don't see him as significantly better - it's like if the dumb kid in your class got an A on a test. You wouldn't necessarily respect him any more than you did before, but you would probably stop and realize that this guy just might be smarter than you thought. Is it a fluke, or is this the real deal?

The sand hokage has an ACTUAL title, and it's the Kazekage (shadow of the wind)
As for anything about him? I ain't telling, and I encourage the rest of you not to spoil it for wnkryo.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 00:45   Link #15
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
The Ninetails' power (even by this point in the show) is becoming integrated with Naruto's own, so there is much less distinction between where one ends and the other begins. While he DOES get a huge rush of power during the Neji battle, that can be considered along the same lines as an adrenaline rush rather than a real effort to go to Kyuubi power...
whoops...off track...

I hope you appreciate how hard I have to think to make a response without any spoilers...

The fight against Neji really hasn't changed the perceptions of Naruto to a lot of people, they recognize that he has some talent but they don't see him as significantly better - it's like if the dumb kid in your class got an A on a test. You wouldn't necessarily respect him any more than you did before, but you would probably stop and realize that this guy just might be smarter than you thought. Is it a fluke, or is this the real deal?

The sand hokage has an ACTUAL title, and it's the Kazekage (shadow of the wind)
As for anything about him? I ain't telling, and I encourage the rest of you not to spoil it for wnkryo.

yEs Yes yes!!! lOl, thanks for all your guys replies. And yes i dont want much to be spoiled for me .
Old 2003-12-12, 01:22   Link #16
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Quote:
Imagine the series was "Rock Lee" instead of "Naruto" and rock lee had the demon powers in him! That would be awwwwsome!!
Well that would be actually kinda boring having a main character that can only do tai-justso. (Not to mention that awful haircut )

What would be cool is if Shikamuru, Neji, or Sasuke had the Fox Demon.

Back to the Topic: I think that Naruto has been slowly but surely developing his own style over the course of the series. He's got his illusionary shadow clone style down pretty well, and he sometimes copies stuff he sees from Kakashi and Sasuke. Maybe he start to mimic Jiraiya a little more.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:13   Link #17
htpcfan
L1: Lazy Puppy

<DELETE!>

<this message wouldn't be here if there was a delete message function available>

Last edited by htpcfan; 2003-12-12 at 07:25.
htpcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:16   Link #18
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
i imagine he'll learn new tricks and he does sort of have a style, he's a trickster, does whatever it takes to win.

anycase the kyubi-mode seems to be alot like lee when he's got the gates open, he uses chakra to move faster, hit harder, etc...
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:27   Link #19
Kabuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrihr
i imagine he'll learn new tricks and he does sort of have a style, he's a trickster, does whatever it takes to win.

anycase the kyubi-mode seems to be alot like lee when he's got the gates open, he uses chakra to move faster, hit harder, etc...

You know, No one ever taught Naruto any taijutsu? Whatever knowledge he has now has been from the academy.
All Kakshi did was teach naruto normal chakara control And Jaiya teaching him 9-tails control.

What naruto has to do is spend 1 month with Gai-sensei. Just think of naruto in a green jump suit kicking ass in a green jump suit.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:54   Link #20
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto
You know, No one ever taught Naruto any taijutsu? Whatever knowledge he has now has been from the academy.
All Kakshi did was teach naruto normal chakara control And Jaiya teaching him 9-tails control.

What naruto has to do is spend 1 month with Gai-sensei. Just think of naruto in a green jump suit kicking ass in a green jump suit.
*GAG*

but it seems that naruto wont do that.... he already rejected the jumpsuit thing.

and if naruto opens a gate, that will be so kickass!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote