AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-10-27, 11:46   Link #9661
madmac

Quote:
Having this whole arc end so facilely (with Hayate arriving to tie a ribbon 'round the whole thing) seems vaguely unsatisfying, so I suspect Hata has a few more things up his sleeve.
I hope so.

It does make sense that Nagi needed a "clean" win for her own character development, without any outside interference. If there's any shoes left to drop though, now would the time.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 12:06   Link #9662
Mephis
Banned

Well there is still the whole thing where Ruka being a candidate for something to do with the King's Jewel and the Royal Garden
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 13:44   Link #9663
Kakurin
大佐

Illogical, what, sold out since 10 minutes and then one is left over? Only explanation is Ruka left one deliberately.
Old 2013-10-27, 13:50   Link #9664
ChampDream
Alive

well I didn't expect the results to be this way, but I least Nagi's character development was nice.
Old 2013-10-28, 03:23   Link #9665
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Illogical, what, sold out since 10 minutes and then one is left over? Only explanation is Ruka left one deliberately.
I think we already agreed that that was the case.

Actually, how did Chiharu know Ruka finished ten minutes earlier when she was focused with Nagi the whole time?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 11:54   Link #9666
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I think we already agreed that that was the case.

Actually, how did Chiharu know Ruka finished ten minutes earlier when she was focused with Nagi the whole time?
Ruka was right behind them, so it wouldn't be hard to take an occasional look back and see. Of course Kayura could have let Chiharu know as soon as Ruka sold the last copy (#99).

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 23:13   Link #9667
MCAL

Someone's been translating some of the tankoubon omakes.

They even translated what appears to be Ruka's first doujinshi. Apparently Hata-sensei released that sometime ago.
Old 2013-10-30, 11:57   Link #9668
AstroNerdBoy

I'll have to give those a look-see.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-10-31, 09:24   Link #9669
GlassesLady
dat apple

That's nice to hear, given that Viz isn't going to get anywhere close in the next few years. :P

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 16:36   Link #9670
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
That's nice to hear, given that Viz isn't going to get anywhere close in the next few years. :P
*LOL* Ain't that the truth. I just checked the oldest omake, which Viz had included back then so that's cool. Now to check the rest. ^_^

Update: Heh!heh!heh! Some good stuff in there. I'm a bit bummed that Hata-sensei's remarks aren't translated.

Last edited by AstroNerdBoy; 2013-10-31 at 16:58. Reason: Additional bloviating
Old 2013-11-03, 18:46   Link #9671
MCAL

Chapter 428

Really... this chapter spoke for itself. I don't think I need to add anything to it.

What I will give is the sincere thanks for Hata-sensei for giving us this arc. Absolutely brilliant and completely on par with the Athena arc. And confession time. I actually shed a few tears.
Old 2013-11-03, 18:47   Link #9672
madmac

I'm not going to say I called that one. New chapter is not really what I expected.

It really does seem to wrap up Ruka's storyline entirely, though. After perhaps a bit of epilogue she seems free to disappear for a while and probably never be a major character in this manga again. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just don't think there's anywhere left to go with her after this.

Though to be perfectly honest it's been so long since we've been on the cusp of a new arc that I'm a confused jumble of feelings right now.
Old 2013-11-03, 19:00   Link #9673
MCAL

I agree with Ruka's story being wrapped up entirely not being a bad thing. Just another way Ruka stands as one of the most unique harem females ever IMHO.

It would be sad to see Ruka go as she is officially my favorite character in the manga now, but her happiness supersedes mine.
Old 2013-11-03, 19:04   Link #9674
ChampDream
Alive

nothing to suprising in this chapter, Ruka just gave a really strong answer to her parents and everyone is happy.
this chapter make me thing what could happen if Hayate's parents could try to apologize like Ruka's parents, could Hayate forgive them?
Old 2013-11-03, 19:25   Link #9675
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
this chapter make me thing what could happen if Hayate's parents could try to apologize like Ruka's parents, could Hayate forgive them?
Not too sure. First off, Ruka did accept her parent's appology, but she didn't forgive them, going as far as saying she may never do so (This was the big problem coming into the chapter, because more often than not apologies in anime are never deserved at all. Which meant I was rolling my eyes in the beginning.)

Two wrong don't make a right by the way, but what Hayate parents did were worse than what Ruka's parents did IMO. With Ruka's parents, they took advantage of her, but in a way that its hard to tell they were aware they were doing so. Meanwhile Hayate's parents, definitely take advantage of him fully well knowing what they were doing. Take a look at the "End of the World" arc for reference. Their "we didn't know stealing (the lunch money) was wrong" was as blatant a lie as you can get and the subsequent pawning off of A-tan's ring didn't help. Of course it all goes down to what Hayate thinks in the matter, but I would say it would definitely be harder for Hayate to accept an apology from his parents then Ruka to hers. Hell, I'm not even sure they would apologize truthfully at all.

Oh god! Did I really just write all of that? Sorry about that, but I guess that goes to show that Hata-sensei is brilliant.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-03 at 20:21.
Old 2013-11-03, 19:36   Link #9676
ChampDream
Alive

^after reading your post I agree Hayate have it harder then Ruka in that situation, anyway, if I was Hayate I could never forgive them, they ruin Hayate life too much.
Old 2013-11-03, 21:26   Link #9677
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Chapter 428

Really... this chapter spoke for itself. I don't think I need to add anything to it.

What I will give is the sincere thanks for Hata-sensei for giving us this arc. Absolutely brilliant and completely on par with the Athena arc. And confession time. I actually shed a few tears.
I disagree. I was interested when Ruka said she was continuing her idol career because she had no choice, but now Hata threw all that out the window just to go back to the clichéd "I actually love my job after all!" development.

Ruka could have been happy for things in her life other than her work. I'm disappointed Hata didn't go that route.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 23:46   Link #9678
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I disagree. I was interested when Ruka said she was continuing her idol career because she had no choice, but now Hata threw all that out the window just to go back to the clichéd "I actually love my job after all!" development.

Ruka could have been happy for things in her life other than her work. I'm disappointed Hata didn't go that route.
I'm not going to discredit your opinion because you have a point. But for me the main problem Ruka has is that she has been forced to follow a specific path whether she likes it or not. Now that the path she has chosen is by her own volition and that she has conceded Hayate to Nagi (Nagi's passion was one copies' worth more than her own), it still implies character development for her, even if it isn't exactly what many would have wanted to happen. Also, now that she is no longer constrained by her debt, there will always be a possibility she can write manga again one day.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-04 at 00:29.
Old 2013-11-04, 01:43   Link #9679
zibi88

still I wonder what will happen between hayate and ruka... non of them will quit their jobs... ruka decided that she wants to sing and that means lots of traveling (las vegas ect.).... so I kinda have a feeling that this is the end between those two... they will say theirs goodby's maybe share a kiss and their paths will split.... since in the time she is oversees she might meet a boy...or hayate might get closer to other girl

but ruka has her parents and singing back so she should be fine.....like this path is shown in her manga... that girl met a boy and was happy but then she notices she was missing her path so she had to choice her path and toss aside love and focus on her path.

Hayate made it clear this chapter... he would not forgive his parents... tehy were totaly aware of wrong doing.... they promised hayate to keep sake the ring he got from his girlfriend (athena).... but soon he learned that they sold it without giving a f...k to their promise.... and at the end they "sold him" to yakuza.... their evil doing is not even close to rukas parents who wanted her to be able to become a splendid idol (so their throught about her sake)

so I guess Ruka will disappear from the series now as her route is done... she lost the match so she lost hayate in a way...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 07:26   Link #9680
madmac

Quote:
still I wonder what will happen between hayate and ruka... non of them will quit their jobs... ruka decided that she wants to sing and that means lots of traveling (las vegas ect.).... so I kinda have a feeling that this is the end between those two... they will say theirs goodby's maybe share a kiss and their paths will split.... since in the time she is oversees she might meet a boy...or hayate might get closer to other girl

but ruka has her parents and singing back so she should be fine.....like this path is shown in her manga... that girl met a boy and was happy but then she notices she was missing her path so she had to choice her path and toss aside love and focus on her path.

Hayate made it clear this chapter... he would not forgive his parents... tehy were totaly aware of wrong doing.... they promised hayate to keep sake the ring he got from his girlfriend (athena).... but soon he learned that they sold it without giving a f...k to their promise.... and at the end they "sold him" to yakuza.... their evil doing is not even close to rukas parents who wanted her to be able to become a splendid idol (so their throught about her sake)

so I guess Ruka will disappear from the series now as her route is done... she lost the match so she lost hayate in a way...
I think that's exactly it. Ruka made her decision not to throw away her old life, and Hayate will want to stay with Nagi so over time they will naturally drift apart without any hard feelings on either side and that's fine.

It even fits with I think the first episode of CTMEOY where Hayate sees a video of Ruka singing. He stops, smiles wistfully for a moment and then goes back to searching for Nagi.

With Ruka safely on a trip and out of the spotlight for a considerable amount of time, (And I don't think she'll ever get the spotlight back, really.) I suppose we'll be moving on to Athena getting her memories back. I have a feeling it will all coincide with Nagi getting her mansion back but you never quite know what Hata will do, so we'll see.

Tags
comedy, shounen