AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-02-09, 02:48   Link #21
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

That's...well, I don't really have much to say to that. It's a good point, and I never thought of that.

I guess I blocked that idea out of my head, because I'd prefer to believe that there's some higher purpose to his character. It seems to me that, without higher purpose, Zetsu is a character Kishi can just discard whenever he likes. That notion makes me sad, because I think Zetsu is one of the most interesting characters in the series, thus far.
Old 2008-02-09, 02:57   Link #22
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
That's...well, I don't really have much to say to that. It's a good point, and I never thought of that.

I guess I blocked that idea out of my head, because I'd prefer to believe that there's some higher purpose to his character. It seems to me that, without higher purpose, Zetsu is a character Kishi can just discard whenever he likes. That notion makes me sad, because I think Zetsu is one of the most interesting characters in the series, thus far.
Are you kidding, he has the ability to single-handedly defeat a legendary doujutsu all by himself, if he can indeed completely mask his presence. Added to that he could conceivable take out a demon or demon-container by himself through his major sneaking skills. And that is not even getting into the whole half-black, half-white thing. Remember, Deception is your friend .

Here is another idea, an idea to make him uber in your eyes again . Maybe when he eats a corpse, he, like Kakuzu, can gain the powers of the deceased. So, say Pein, Madara, or Itachi are killed, when he ingests them, maybe he is able to manifest their bloodlines. Now that would make him supremely powerful. He would be kind of like Naraku from Inuyasha, picking and choosing power-ups as he travels across the world. Maybe he witnessed the Naruto v Sasuke VotE fight and went and dug up the body of Kimimaro, effectively attaining the Bone-Pulse Bloodline.

How is that for over-the-top powerful .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 03:03   Link #23
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I have to laugh, because that would be awesome. However, I think that would also be a bit ridiculous. I thought Kakuzu was ridiculous for that very reason. Interesting, kinda; ridiculous, hell yes! I'm not going to say it wouldn't be sweet, because it definitely would. I guess I just want it to be something regular. No uber power-up skills (though Naraku is bad ass), just something that gives him more direct and significant purpose. Admittedly, your idea does those things but, like I said, I find it to be ridiculous. Maybe that's just me.

He's uber in my eyes (thanks to you), if only because we know so little about him. The mystery adds an heir of uber-ness, I feel. I just hope he doesn't go by the wayside before we get some answers to some of these questions, which I'm afraid might happen.
Old 2008-02-09, 03:12   Link #24
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Kyuubi cult would be interesting, perhaps like a sort of doomsday cult. As for Hidan some more background as for where he came from would be nice, I suppose we'll have to wait until the official manga profiles are released (i.e. the FMA profiles by Arakawa).

I don't see anything into Zetsu that's beyond the scope of what I have been given i.e. he's either schizo or truly has two personalities (in his brain), and has a large plant attached to his person, on top of that he is a cannibal, hmmm...no wonder he was barred from Kusagakure. I'd just like to know more about him and what he can do besides spying and eating (a fine combination if I say so myself), though I know I'm not the only one requesting this information, again manga profiles or perhaps later into the manga, here's hoping
Old 2008-02-09, 03:14   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
I have to laugh, because that would be awesome. However, I think that would also be a bit ridiculous. I thought Kakuzu was ridiculous for that very reason. Interesting, kinda; ridiculous, hell yes! I'm not going to say it wouldn't be sweet, because it definitely would. I guess I just want it to be something regular. No uber power-up skills (though Naraku is bad ass), just something that gives him more direct and significant purpose. Admittedly, your idea does those things but, like I said, I find it to be ridiculous. Maybe that's just me.

He's uber in my eyes (thanks to you), if only because we know so little about him. The mystery adds an heir of uber-ness, I feel. I just hope he doesn't go by the wayside before we get some answers to some of these questions, which I'm afraid might happen.
I can agree with that. We have allready lost several cool characters (Sasori and Deidara specifically and to a lesser extent Kakuzu and Hidan) before their full story could be realized. I knew, when Part II started that by the end, all or most of the Akatsuki would be killed, but I was hoping that their stories would be fully told or at least significantly hinted at before they died.

Here is another interesting theory. Maybe Madara, who we are sure is more or less the leader of the Akatsuki, is gathering people that he "knows". Kakuzu fought the 1st Hokage, the same as Madara. Itachi is supposedly a direct descendent. And Zetsu has a power similiar to the 1st Hokage's Mokuton bloodline. Maybe the other characters have a similiar connections to Madara's past. This does not make Zetsu particularly interesting, I am sorry to say, but it is an interesting connection if nothing else.
Old 2008-02-10, 02:19   Link #26
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Here is another interesting theory. Maybe Madara, who we are sure is more or less the leader of the Akatsuki, is gathering people that he "knows". Kakuzu fought the 1st Hokage, the same as Madara. Itachi is supposedly a direct descendent. And Zetsu has a power similiar to the 1st Hokage's Mokuton bloodline. Maybe the other characters have a similiar connections to Madara's past. This does not make Zetsu particularly interesting, I am sorry to say, but it is an interesting connection if nothing else.
Well doesn't that just bring up another interesting topic for discussion. If we assume that Madara is collecting ninja he "knows," what are everyone's ties to him?

Some people seem like they could have direct ties to him, but others would be very suttle. For instance, Madara is older than most of the members of Akatsuki. Only Kakuzu is at least as old, and Hidan may be around that age as well, being that he's immortal. But people like Deidara, Sasori, Kisame...all of them would have been either unborn or extremely young when Madara was reaching the age where he should have been dead. What possible connection could those young ninja have to him? Itachi is obvious: the bloodline. But the others? I don't have any idea, but that's an interesting thought.
Old 2008-02-10, 02:31   Link #27
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Well doesn't that just bring up another interesting topic for discussion. If we assume that Madara is collecting ninja he "knows," what are everyone's ties to him?

Some people seem like they could have direct ties to him, but others would be very suttle. For instance, Madara is older than most of the members of Akatsuki. Only Kakuzu is at least as old, and Hidan may be around that age as well, being that he's immortal. But people like Deidara, Sasori, Kisame...all of them would have been either unborn or extremely young when Madara was reaching the age where he should have been dead. What possible connection could those young ninja have to him? Itachi is obvious: the bloodline. But the others? I don't have any idea, but that's an interesting thought.
I think that the Akatsuki are all merely pawns, and I am suspicious of the Bijuu collecting actually having any great significance with Sharingan. I don't understand how two unrelated things such as Demons and Doujutsu could be culminated in order to create the ultimate form of sharingan, to me it is dubious at best. I know that the eyes can control the Kyuubi but that does not explain the rest of the Bijuu. Where does Zetsu figure into all of this? Well he does his job as an oinin, he disposes of the evidence and makes sure that no secrets of Akatsuki get into the wrong hands.
Old 2008-02-13, 00:29   Link #28
Hiking_Bear

There has to be something about Zetsu that makes him relevant. He's been around since part 1 and he appears periodically - during or after important battles. Is there a Zetsu = Obito theory yet?

We know that half of Obito's body (the right half) was crushed while team Minato was defending the Hidden Grass village and we know that Zetsu is a former Grass ninja. What if Zetsu is some kind of plant creature that lived in the cave where Obito died. Zetsu consumed Obito's corpse and assimilated him into its form. The crushed part of Obito's body was concealed with a black covering and the other half was pale white because it's a dead corpse. Then, Zetsu's double personality consists of Obito's and the plant symbiote (sort of like Venom). The only thing is that Zetsu doesn't really look like Obito.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 01:08   Link #29
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Not to be mean but that sounds worse than the Tobi = Obito theory. I doubt that Zetsu's personality would dramatically change simply by devouring Obito's corpse. Besides, if the one side was in fact Obito's personality conflicting with the original (plant creature) then why doesn't it display more of Obito's personality? I think that there is still too much of an air of mystery surrounding Zetsu to have him completely or even somewhat figured out. I'm not saying to discontinue theorizing, I'm simply stating that Zetsu is possibly thee biggest engima in the manga to date besides Pein.
Old 2008-02-13, 05:20   Link #30
Hiking_Bear

Personality isn't the best indicator to go by. For example Tobi's personality seems nothing like Madara and Pain's personality seems to have changed significantly since he was a kid. Same with Kakashi - he used to put the mission above his friends and now he looks out for his friends first.

Anyway, I was looking for an explanation for why the right side of Zetsu's body is black. In the anime, the black half's lips don't move even when the "dark voice" is talking. And there are dots along the edge of the black side. So, I was thinking that the black part is like a mask instead of his skin being black on that side. Also, Zetsu's face looks pretty young, sort of like a kid.

Last edited by Hiking_Bear; 2008-02-13 at 05:32.
Old 2008-02-13, 08:06   Link #31
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

That still would not explain the drastic change in hair color, eye color, flytrap extensions, and his possible origin being Kusagakure, if it were to be Obito it seems like too much of an elaborate lie to be telling. It would make more sense to just slap on an orange spiral mask, wear a black pinned jacket and act like a goofball rather than wear contacts, dye your hair, and wear a plant costume. It also would not answer Zetsu's unique "Earth Leach Attack" (undergound burrowing technique) and why Obito would be using that, and the Byakugan-esque seeing technique rather than the Sharingan.
Old 2008-02-13, 10:36   Link #32
Deidara_Bang
Art is a Bang

Personally, I think that perhaps he is just a scout for Akatsuki, and a retriever sorta speak. He just gathers the rings of dead members and watching things go down. Even though it is unknown if he got Kakuzu's ring or Heidan's (ever though Heidan is still alive lol) Konan really hasen't shown her real power either cause Jiyaya rained on her parade....heh. And still not that much is known about pain either.
I just hope nothing stuide happens like itachi accidently kills him with amatarasu lol
Deidara_Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 10:57   Link #33
Hiking_Bear

I'm not saying that the Earth Leach Attack is the ability of the human part of Zetsu. I think that there are two parts to Zetsu - not the black part and the white part, but the human part and the plant part. The human part looks like a pale-skinned boy concealing half his body and the plant part is some Venus flytrap thing that's completely new. The plant is the part that seems to eat bodies. I don't think Zetsu devours corpses with his human head. Maybe the human part isn't Obito, but that's my theory on what Zetsu is.
Old 2008-02-13, 11:46   Link #34
Deidara_Bang
Art is a Bang

yea my idea that Obito is dead and is never coming back still stands lol. Although I heard that the writer of naruto, i cant spell his name off the top of my head, says that once this itachi sasuke fight is over, it s Kakashi that will be going though a major story change. Dunno what it means buthe described the color of it as dark blue....which means nada to me lol. I dont expect we will be hearing about that anytime soon seening as how long these fights are draggin out, I mean
Spoiler for pain and jiraya:
Deidara_Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 09:41   Link #35
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Is it possible that Zetsu's appearance is maybe a jutsu transformation, or kekie genkai?
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 17:38   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
Is it possible that Zetsu's appearance is maybe a jutsu transformation, or kekie genkai?
I think his ability is so special that it surely is a genetic ability that either only he has or he is the best of a bloodline.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 21:04   Link #37
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara_Bang View Post
yea my idea that Obito is dead and is never coming back still stands lol. Although I heard that the writer of naruto, i cant spell his name off the top of my head, says that once this itachi sasuke fight is over, it s Kakashi that will be going though a major story change. Dunno what it means buthe described the color of it as dark blue....which means nada to me lol. I dont expect we will be hearing about that anytime soon seening as how long these fights are draggin out, I mean
Spoiler for pain and jiraya:
I'd say Jiraiya is pretty major, considering from when he was introduced and how long he's been with us in the manga. Though he isn't nearly as centered around as oh, "Godsuke."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
He's just one of the many Akatsuki freaks, there are plenty of them so take your pick
Old 2008-02-20, 21:12   Link #38
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
I'd say Jiraiya is pretty major, considering from when he was introduced and how long he's been with us in the manga. Though he isn't nearly as centered around as oh, "Godsuke."

He's just one of the many Akatsuki freaks, there are plenty of them so take your pick
Lol. "Godsuke" that made me laugh, but sadly it's true.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 21:17   Link #39
james0246

LOL, Zetsu was just a poor little white boy before he joined the Akatsuki. But then he saw all these strange and crazy Shinobi around him: Deidara with his palm-pockets (i.e. clay eating hands); Sasori with his ability to be considered a sex toy instead of a human; Hidan with his...slick back hair; Pein with his ability to single handedly gangbang someone; Konan with her...origami, etc.

Zetsu was jealous of these weird abilities. So, one day, he went to the store, bought himself some glue, paper, and green and black markers, and began constructing his new persona. The next day, when he came into work, He had donned his fake Venus Fly-Trap mantel as well as colouring his face half black.

Thus the Zetsu we know and love was created.

Oh yeah, and he learned to eat people. That helps. .
Old 2008-02-21, 12:49   Link #40
Charlo

James - that made me lol XD

Hmm.. is there any proof that Zetsu is from Kusagakure? Just because he looks like some plant doesn't really mean he is from Kusa... I mean, shinobi from Konoha don't use 'leaf attacks', do they?
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote