AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-02-02, 14:19   Link #1
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
AnimeSuki's Fansub Help Wanted Classifieds - Discussion

This is a really good idea, provided it gets kept updated. It should keep our little forum free for more flames and exucutions

Nice one.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 22:31   Link #2
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

This is a great idea, but perhaps you could also link to the original thread (as in some cases we provide additional information)?
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 03:35   Link #3
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Yes, indeed it does sound like a good idea. If someone is willing to keep it up-to-date; or provide a "structure" to the thread so that future "Help Wanted" requests can go here ... I'll sticky it; I'm hesitant until I can be sure it won't become out-of-date/irrelevant fast.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 04:41   Link #4
Nikolai

OK, I've added links to the original posts, guidelines for new entries, and expiry dates so it doesn't get saturated with old stuff when I update with new ads. How's that?
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 04:54   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Good stuff.

Thread made sticky. I think I'll split out the discussion posts...
Old 2004-02-03, 18:42   Link #6
Nikolai

Do you think there should be a limit on the number of positions to advertise? This post is looking for seven, and I think that's a little extraneous...
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 04:30   Link #7
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Question

I think such requests are a special case, given that hs is basically asking for people to help him start a group. Maybe list it as such, although I don't think many people will respond to be honest...:
Wants to start a group
Name...
Contact...
Sales pitch link
Also you could say 1-3 positions per entry in your list; any more and you "ignore" them. Use his "higher" priority ones or something.
Old 2004-02-11, 06:36   Link #8
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Tis sad it took so long for a mod to do something like this

*ff looks at nosannin with a shamed bowed head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai
OK, I've added links to the original posts, guidelines for new entries, and expiry dates so it doesn't get saturated with old stuff when I update with new ads. How's that?
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 17:23   Link #9
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Too many requests and too few of them fillled. Nowadays it seems that everyone and his brother wants to start a group.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 01:21   Link #10
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

So, like, the Nikkori Fansubs ad... it asks for a translator, encoder, timer, and raw provider. To sub a show that's been done quite well by four other groups. (Well, at least I know Aikousha's version was good, and I assume Seichi's would be judging by their previous work. Not sure about the other two.)

Isn't that kind of defeating the point of recruiting? Why do you want to start a group to do this? I mean... you are wasting everyone's time and effort with your own release of this sub. You're keeping a translator that could be working on a show no one else is doing and making him or her re-translate the same show several other competent translators have already worked on. Why? What reason do you have for starting your own group?

I really think more people need to step back and give this some thought before starting their own groups...
Old 2004-03-03, 06:48   Link #11
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
I really think more people need to step back and give this some thought before starting their own groups...
Elepsis, Crossfade has started to do their own version of Touch starting from the last episode Genbu released. At the same time, they're saying they lack manpower... Why don't you try to talk to them to see if you could do something together ?

Here's their board:

http://crossfade.proboards26.com/ind...oard=Crossfade
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 22:24   Link #12
|Gaara|

Encoder

sounds good!
|Gaara| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 16:55   Link #13
RPGWizard
Olde Skool Hooligan

Send a message via AIM to RPGWizard
I had an idea, albeit a kind of obvious one.....Why not have a topic for users to post whether or not they can help a group, and be able to post group preferences (Like, "I'd like to be a part of ANBU, AKeep, Seichi, AonE, Triad, etc.") and position(s) they'd like to or would be able to fill?.....That way, groups in need could contact people who actually have the time (Basically, this would give people a good idea of whether or not they want to start a group, whether or not they can expand to another project, etc.) to spend.....I think it's a better idea than having groups posting positions needed.....Of course, that's my opinion.
RPGWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 20:56   Link #14
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

If these people have a position they can do, and specific groups they wish to join, why wouldn't they just go talk to the groups directly...?
Old 2004-05-03, 11:29   Link #15
RPGWizard
Olde Skool Hooligan

Send a message via AIM to RPGWizard
Because they might not know whether or not the group needs that position filled. Because if they can't/don't join that group, they can still help out another group that really needs the help.....Stuff like that.
RPGWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 23:34   Link #16
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWizard
Because they might not know whether or not the group needs that position filled. Because if they can't/don't join that group, they can still help out another group that really needs the help.....Stuff like that.
You can just contact your groups, one by one, in decreasing order of preference. I don't see how your method is more efficient than this.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 17:11   Link #17
jfs
Aegisub dev

Hmm sorry for necroposting but I guess this is the correct place to post it.

If I understand right, wasn't the idea that the Classifieds thread would be cleaned of old requests regularly? In that case, shouldn't about 120 pages of old classifieds be removed? I'm mostly thinking it's hard to figure out how far back you need to look if you are looking for work...

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 17:19   Link #18
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Maybe a new thread should be started?

The rules could be clearly stated in a post owned by a mod... would maybe get the message across better.
Old 2009-06-02, 17:53   Link #19
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
Maybe a new thread should be started?

The rules could be clearly stated in a post owned by a mod... would maybe get the message across better.
It shouldn't be thread based to begin with. It should have a searchable interface where ppl can search by group/positions/projects/etc... Each group should just have their own page which groups can update as needed so groups don't have to repost all their info again and again as well it would remove the whole "OU OU LOOK AT ME!!!!!" advertisement like posts that plague the current system.

Just a thought
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 18:23   Link #20
日本ひきこもり協会
awarpsharp is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Hmm sorry for necroposting but I guess this is the correct place to post it.

If I understand right, wasn't the idea that the Classifieds thread would be cleaned of old requests regularly? In that case, shouldn't about 120 pages of old classifieds be removed? I'm mostly thinking it's hard to figure out how far back you need to look if you are looking for work...

So who's going to determine if the posts are no longer needed? I'm pretty sure even here there are people who know that posting one time is sufficient. Just let people delete their own posts when the positions are filled. People who post a second add should get a warning for being stupid. Sounds like a good idea to me.
日本ひきこもり協会 is offline   Reply With Quote