Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Or maybe they would get the Rinnegan?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 04:15   Link #283
Alchemist007
*Author

Something random I just thought up that someone else probably has mentioned;
The permanent Mangekyou Sharingan grants the ability that Madara is using to teleport.
Old 2009-10-04, 04:37   Link #284
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Instead of getting both, they'd just make a new eye <insert something that goes with -gan here> that would have the properties of both. Having one sharingan and one byakugan is like wearing lenses of different degrees (like 2 in the left eye and 8 in the right), which would royally screw up your vision
Yeah imagine being able to see 360 degrees with one eye and the other eye is busy reading everyones movement and seeing everything in slow motion. That must be hard as hell.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 07:38   Link #285
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Yeah imagine being able to see 360 degrees with one eye and the other eye is busy reading everyones movement and seeing everything in slow motion. That must be hard as hell.
Quote:
which would royally screw up your vision
Noone said the person would have to use both at once. An Uchiha user already closes an eye to use certain techniques, same case here. When Kakashi uses his sharingan he closes his normal eye.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 09:00   Link #286
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Yeah imagine being able to see 360 degrees with one eye
Actually I don't know if one byakugan covers nearly 360 degrees or if it's from having both, so if it doesn't, you would have a 90 degree blind spot, and you wouldn't read the movements of the people behind you, but from overconfidence wouldn't oncentrate on them more than the enemies up front, resulting in a weak spot from behind, just like a sharingan user's...
Quote:
Noone said the person would have to use both at once.
Fair point.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:10   Link #287
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Back on topic. Since this chapter seemed to setup the end of this arc, what exactly will the next arc be about? We have to wait for Madara's plan. But anyone hazard to guess what Madara will say and what the next arc will be about?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:12   Link #288
james0246

^Irregardless of how the "talks" pan out, a mini-arc centered on Kirabi should pop up in the near future.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:34   Link #289
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Irregardless of how the "talks" pan out, a mini-arc centered on Kirabi should pop up in the near future.
You sure? We already have seen Kirabi fight and show all his tricks. Judging by Kishi's past writing, the Kisame vs. Kirabi fight will mostly happen offscreen and only be used to move the plot. Kisame's big fight is still to come and Kishi will save him for that. When you fight Sasuke you get screentime. I am not expecting Kirabi to get much now that Sasuke isn't fighting him.

Two things were hinted at this arc. Kabuto on the move. And the Konoha 11 going after Sasuke. If the Kage Summit turns to war thanks to Madara, then those two plots can merge into this new one. The Konoha kids make their bones fighting the other villages becoming heroes. About time we see the so called greatest generation in action. Kabuto uses the war to launch some plan of his own. Or perhaps align himself with Danzou who needs his medical knowledge to repair him.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:53   Link #290
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I agree, Kishi has said himself that he was surprised at Kisame's popularity as it was not his intention for Kisame to become a very relevant character. However, as it stands with Naruto nearing an end, i can definitely see an encounter between these two being shown.
Old 2009-10-04, 14:36   Link #291
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ You mean Kirabi
Quote:
Irregardless
you mean regardless...probably...(american dad kicks in:P)
Quote:
what exactly will the next arc be about?
Hmm, with Akatsuki out of the picture, I want to hope that Madara's silver tongue will get the better of the kages and he will somehow persuade them into following his own plan to "somehow" save the world from an upcoming disaster that only he knows about. Would be fun to see all 5 villages cooperate, but I guess Naruto has become a tad bit too dark for such a happy plot.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 14:49   Link #292
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
I agree, Kishi has said himself that he was surprised at Kisame's popularity as it was not his intention for Kisame to become a very relevant character. However, as it stands with Naruto nearing an end, i can definitely see an encounter between these two being shown.
Kishimoto never said that. That was from a fake interview that for some reason is still quoted as fact.
Old 2009-10-04, 15:13   Link #293
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
You sure? We already have seen Kirabi fight and show all his tricks. Judging by Kishi's past writing, the Kisame vs. Kirabi fight will mostly happen offscreen and only be used to move the plot. Kisame's big fight is still to come and Kishi will save him for that. When you fight Sasuke you get screentime. I am not expecting Kirabi to get much now that Sasuke isn't fighting him.
Except, if Madara does start a war (or otherwise do something to invalidate the current Kages or their nations), then someone like Kirabi, who can naturally assume the position of Raikage, would become pivotal to the storyline (additionally, it makes little sense for Kirabi to escape, but to be apprehended without any show of force off screen). In the end, it all depends on what Kishimoto hopes to accomplish, and whether or not he will go the cliché route of having Naruto be the last Jinchuuriki.

Quote:
you mean regardless...probably...(american dad kicks in:P)
No, I like irregardless because it is so distinctly American (similar to ain't) .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 16:49   Link #294
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Instead of getting both, they'd just make a new eye <insert something that goes with -gan here> that would have the properties of both. Having one sharingan and one byakugan is like wearing lenses of different degrees (like 2 in the left eye and 8 in the right), which would royally screw up your vision
not if u have astigmatism , my left right eye need completely different lense for me to see clearly. left ye being the most F'ed UP

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 16:51   Link #295
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Yes, I wonder about Kishi letting Kisame fight off-screen once again. It was actually pretty disappointing to miss that high amount of jinchuuriki, but when we actually saw the 4-tails and the 2-tails, but didn't witness anything respectively much of these interesting fights, well, it was disappointing for me and I can assure you it would be even more disappointing not to see how (that is if!) Kisame wins against Kirabi.

I finally want to see Kisame fight at full power. His abilities have been kept in the dark up to now. I don't think the fight with team 10 was even half of what he can do. It was impressive, but Gai beat him and I think that makes the fight between Kirabi and Kisame even more interesting, because both of them have had their troubles, one has not fought at full power, the other has managed to escape Amaterasu and the claws of Akatsuki. I want to see that fight because it will be good.
Old 2009-10-04, 17:07   Link #296
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Danzou is a disgrace to the village of Konoha. He fled! What kind of kage would flee from a criminal?? I truly hope all the kages will report this to the village (and/or) jounins. But i doubt they know he isnt an official Hokage.

So i am rooting for Sasuke to take his head.
Old 2009-10-04, 18:49   Link #297
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Danzou is a disgrace to the village of Konoha. He fled! What kind of kage would flee from a criminal?? I truly hope all the kages will report this to the village (and/or) jounins. But i doubt they know he isnt an official Hokage.
He didn't flee only because of Sasuke, he fled because the other 4 kages were about to question him. Sasuke's appearance was good for Danzou, it gave him the chance to escape. But i agree that he is a disgrace, using a jutsu on the summit had disgraced konoha. Also having an old and disabled guy like Danzou as hokage is a disgrace to konoha that used to have the greatest ninjas as hokage. If we look at the other 4 kages then in comparison only Kakashi and Naruto would not be a disgrace to konoha (apart from Tsunade). Konoha should have sent to the summit Naruto as kage with Kakashi and Shikamaru as bodyguards. Naruto not being smart in politics but having two of the smartest guys to help him out would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
So i am rooting for Sasuke to take his head.
Do not have too high hopes, Danzou has plans to use Kabuto's knowledge. I think there's a good chance that Danzou will make a monster of himself using Orochimaru's secrets. It would be a rather boring thing is Sasuke fights Danzou since Danzou is simply too weak to offer any interesting fight. More importantly Sasuke would become a simple killer who kills old and defensless people and we know Kishimoto does not want that to happen But if Danzou becomes a monster, that would be a different thing.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 18:58   Link #298
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

Do not have too high hopes, Danzou has plans to use Kabuto's knowledge. I think there's a good chance that Danzou will make a monster of himself using Orochimaru's secrets..
It would be so epic if when Danzou finally finds Kabuto, he (Kabuto) is almost completely taken over by Orochimaru, so in an act of desperation, Kabuto transfers Orochimaru's essence into Danzou, bringing back Orochimaru, and finally giving him a Sharingan.
Old 2009-10-04, 19:24   Link #299
KidKoolAid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
It would be so epic if when Danzou finally finds Kabuto, he (Kabuto) is almost completely taken over by Orochimaru, so in an act of desperation, Kabuto transfers Orochimaru's essence into Danzou, bringing back Orochimaru, and finally giving him a Sharingan.
I mentioned something about this before and I would just melt if that happened. Narutoverse needs oro back.
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 22:37   Link #300
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I would love to see Kisame get some love. He *apparently* fought the 4-tails, which he said was a challenging fight, and we saw none of that. Also, every time we've seen him, he's been fighting at less than full power, or running away because of something or another, or stepping to the side so Itachi can whoop ass, etc. I'd like to see him finally get his moment in the sun, kicking ass and taking names. Which reminds me...

What the hell is Kisame even up to right now!?! And, for that matter, where the hell is Konan? Are we ever actually going to see what happens to these people who get to be main characters for a little while, then are sort of shoved off to the side, or are they doomed to being cursory, and out of the story forever? Shino is another one that comes to mind, as was Zetsu before Kishi's big explosion of "HEY! CHECK OUT ZETSU!!!"

Tags
weekly chapter discussion