Sword That Cleaves Evil

Moe, moe, moeshit.
Old 2010-04-23, 01:58   Link #1022
ac3y

Yeah Beck is pretty much the one.
I found the art pretty unappealing.
Old 2010-04-23, 12:13   Link #1023
naoan

Not exactly hating it, just fabled on how many people seem to orgasm by just it being mentioned : K-On.

Do note that I tried to watch it but couldn't even grasp on what in moe name does this show even about (so yeah they act cute and play guitar but that's it).

Also, any Shounen Jump adapted anime with more than 24-26, cause they tend to be filled with filler and spotty animation quality, I do enjoy the manga though (which dwindle lately except for OP).
Old 2010-04-26, 13:36   Link #1024
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Although I like the original manga, I'm not very fond of the Marmalade Boy anime. I find it way too over the top when it comes to drama. While the manga is melodramatic too, it's not nearly as over the top as the anime, which adds a bombastic dramatic score and more dramatic emphasis in its animation. Instead of being moved, I found the effect unintentionally funny.

And I found the constant love triangle angst overwhelming; it's like every conflict in the show involves a love triangle of some kind to the point where it gets tedious. American characters aren't very well developed. To give an example:

Spoiler for Marmalade Boy america arc:
Yes. I even used to like the series....but I remember just getting pissed off while I watched the anime. It put me in a bad mood and I snapped at people. That's not a redeeming quality....
THE NEW YORK ARC WAS FREAKING STUPID. ANY New York arc in a shoujo series is FREAKING STUPID.
Just remember: No American anime character is allowed to have brown hair or brown eyes. lol

Quote:
Lucky Star SD moe blobs are freaking disgusting
Why? I think they're cute and I'm a straight girl. What's wrong with cuteness?
Old 2010-04-27, 01:02   Link #1025
RailHeaven

Elfen Lied: The characters were flat and dumb, the plot didn't make any sense, the plot didn't get resolved, and it was loaded with pointless gore and loli. Terrible.
Old 2010-04-27, 03:35   Link #1026
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
Moe, moe, moeshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailHeaven View Post
Elfen Lied: The characters were flat and dumb, the plot didn't make any sense, the plot didn't get resolved, and it was loaded with pointless gore and loli. Terrible.
Completely agree
Old 2010-05-08, 14:55   Link #1027
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Negima doesn't really sound very intresting at all even if the concept is shonen disgused as a harem, I read some chapters but I don't even know what evreyone likes it. The Mai Otome manga similarto this but in the end, it still the same harem concept even when it gets to the action.
Old 2010-05-10, 06:42   Link #1028
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

K-ON!!
I don't really hate K-On!!, but I do watch it just because I was already blogging it. The first season felt fresh and all but the second was pretty meh. Lots of people seem to be still engrossed with it. I got no problems with that.

Negima
I can't say it better so it's the same reason as Guernsey
Old 2010-05-10, 06:57   Link #1029
Sparvid
*hic*

I wouldn't say "hate" but I couldn't watch more than one episode of Saki. The characters weren't particularly interesting, and I know exactly nothing about the rules Mahjong ("Wait, what does that move mean? It that supposed to be a rare occurance? Is this meant to be a dramatic moment? What's going ooooon?!")
Old 2010-05-10, 23:24   Link #1030
Strife212

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece
Old 2010-05-11, 02:18   Link #1031
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I wouldn't say "hate" but I couldn't watch more than one episode of Saki. The characters weren't particularly interesting, and I know exactly nothing about the rules Mahjong ("Wait, what does that move mean? It that supposed to be a rare occurance? Is this meant to be a dramatic moment? What's going ooooon?!")
Since you mentioned that. I have having trouble trying to continue on from episode 3. Its not that I hate it or dont like it. It annoyed the crap out of me when that pink hair girl told her to quit because she was only playing for fun an not out to bury the other club players for the tallent she seems to have. She let someone else win so they share in on the fun.

Since she didnt quit over that threat (I realy wished she did) I guess I been putting this one off. I have no idea how th game works either. I dont beleive that people who are tallented and hold back to share the fun with the other players should be critized from a pink haired snob like that. I dont care even if its her pride.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-11, 12:46   Link #1032
Demon God
Banned

Clannad......,but I wouldn't say I dislike it so much..! Because I did watch a few episodes...
Old 2010-05-11, 16:36   Link #1033
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Hellsing, I mentioned this already but after seeing the show, I do not why people like this. Alucard is too overpowered and it ruins the suspension of disbelief knowing that he is just gonna comeback even after you slice him to death
Old 2010-05-11, 16:46   Link #1034
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm not understanding the love for Angel Beats. The show has promise which it has yet to capitalize on 6 episodes in (over 2 hours of content) and frankly I can't see how it's anything other than a mess of concepts that have yet to receive any definition or mesh together in the slightest. It might help if the show didn't devote over half of it's time to slapstick comedy and random over-animated concerts (what's with this trend anyway) with ticker tape flying around everywhere. Really though when you're 6 episodes into a show and still barely have any idea what is going on it's hard to identify with what you are watching.

Though I guess it gets loved because it's modern fan favourite Key behind the "story" and not a mecha series or something where the slightest slip in storytelling seems to instantly earn you the label of eternal trainwreck.
Old 2010-05-11, 17:25   Link #1035
Demon God
Banned

Angel Beats.....,I also lost all interest in this anime...,,as well
Old 2010-05-11, 17:50   Link #1036
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Angel Beats at the moment... just a blender of elements that seem to be trying to cash in on remnant 'haruhi' fever.

Also tired of 'pseudo-ecchi series' that have plots written on sticky notes... more character depth, complexity preferred or it ceases to be sexy at all.

However, long term disdain for most 'young boy action series', aka Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, most shouting/posturing series. We'll call it "testosterone-shit".

Two minutes into an episode and I'm thinking of productive chores I could be doing instead. There is the occasional exception but mostly when they subvert the archetype (e.g. TTGL, Soul Eater).
Old 2010-05-11, 17:54   Link #1037
Demon God
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

However, long term disdain for most 'young boy action series', aka Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, most shouting/posturing series. We'll call it "testosterone-shit".

Wow...
Old 2010-05-11, 19:37   Link #1038
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon God View Post
Wow...
Normally, I don't diss a genre. I usually just state I don't watch it... but some of our posters seem insecure enough that they have to justify their subjective opinion by heaping insults at other genre.

So call it parody of those posts ....
Old 2010-05-11, 19:55   Link #1039
qwertyuiopz

toradora...the girls voice made my ears bleed
i didnt mind in zero no tsukaima but that voice will shorten my lifespan so shakugan no shana is also on my do not want

k-on was hella boring too
Old 2010-05-11, 22:26   Link #1040
Demon God
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Normally, I don't diss a genre. I usually just state I don't watch it... but some of our posters seem insecure enough that they have to justify their subjective opinion by heaping insults at other genre.

So call it parody of those posts ....

The same goes for me.. I don't diss the Genre also.. It's either I don't like the----- 1- The Story
2 - The Characters
Closed Thread