Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-08, 09:54   Link #81
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Yeah, only show I haven't seen outta those 4 is the one of Subaru and I am getting interested in watching it despite me not wanting to watch due all those "Sorry, I love Emilia" memes and the rage of the fanbois ever since. So I wanted to stay away from that.
You should definitely give it a try. It's a great show, don't let trolls ruin it for you.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 10:03   Link #82
SidVicious
Anime addict

Ainz looked a bit sad at the end there...
Old 2019-05-08, 10:08   Link #83
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
And that's why they created this cross-over. It's working!
Got bored the first time watching Youjo Senki. But now prepared to give it another chance. Well, perhaps watch the first 5 episodes.

On another thing. I like how Ainz is in character in this crossover. He got hurt by Aqua turn undead skill on an earlier episode. So now he buffed himself when the goddess threatened to shoot him again.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 03:01   Link #84
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Not that Aqua would stand much of a chance, her XP are tremendously low and she doesn't have a spell against Albedo.

Megumin was a bit odd as this wasn't even her second best explosion and Ainz just wanted to show off the amount of magic circles he could control. There is no way you need the Fallen Down animation to just change the weather when the Lizard Shamans spoke of a much lower tiered spell for influencing the weather.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 06:01   Link #85
Liddo-kun
is this so?

If it was in their source anime, Aqua won't stand much of a chance at all. It would end with the entire party (Kazuma included ) getting tortured in Nazrick.

However, in this comedy crossover the power levels are much closer. Remember just the mere splash damage from a normal TU from Aqua is enough to knock out Shaltear on episode 2. And Aqua is always at maxed level, it's shown in one episode of Konosuba, I just can't remember if season 1 or 2.
Old 2019-05-09, 08:04   Link #86
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Got bored the first time watching Youjo Senki. But now prepared to give it another chance. Well, perhaps watch the first 5 episodes.
A lot of the charm (for me anyways) is the inner monologue for this series (watching Tanya's mind work), monologues don't necessarily translate all that well to anime.

I had no idea they had 'tazer'/incapacitation spells.
Old 2019-05-09, 09:34   Link #87
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
If it was in their source anime, Aqua won't stand much of a chance at all. It would end with the entire party (Kazuma included ) getting tortured in Nazrick.

However, in this comedy crossover the power levels are much closer. Remember just the mere splash damage from a normal TU from Aqua is enough to knock out Shaltear on episode 2. And Aqua is always at maxed level, it's shown in one episode of Konosuba, I just can't remember if season 1 or 2.
Which would end with Nazarik's tourturer AND Demigure running out of the torture chamber crying because... Darkness....

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-05-09, 12:13   Link #88
Magewolf

Quote:
I think you mean "If it was in their source anime, Nazrick won't stand much of a chance at all. It would end with the entire party (Kazuma included ) rampaging over them and destroying all their plans with no real problem."

Because Nazrick real "power" was that they were transported to a world of kindergartners. Faced with actual opponents who they could not steamroll they would collapse faster than a souffle hit by a sonic boom.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 16:58   Link #89
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
And that's why they created this cross-over. It's working!
Damn straight! Thanks to this I already marathoned the three seasons of Overlord and it was good I must admit.

But this last episode was awesome as well. I laughed out loud at the way darkness just completely overwhelmed everyone with her M'ness.

I also loved the little detail of the eye catches in konosuba style during the episode. That was a very nice touch.
Old 2019-05-09, 19:16   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Somehow I am picturing the old D&D sketch but when it gets to the like "I'm attacking the darkness", instead of laughter, the response is some sort of suggestive moan and Darkness responding to the attack.
Old 2019-05-10, 06:12   Link #91
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
A lot of the charm (for me anyways) is the inner monologue for this series (watching Tanya's mind work), monologues don't necessarily translate all that well to anime.

I had no idea they had 'tazer'/incapacitation spells.
hmm, so that's why Tanya is doing some sort of monologue here on episode 5.

on another thing. After rewatch today. During the "whipping" session. I realized Darkness was asking Subaru to join in.

Also showed biased comment from Rem. When it's Grantz whip Darkness, she says scumbag. But if it's Subaru, Rem says she don't mind when he is that way.
Old 2019-05-10, 17:16   Link #92
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Maybe if this show is a success, they will make a season 2 which includes more isekai shows.
Mushoku tensei might air late this year or early next one; it already ot a small crossover with rezero in the latest manga chapter, so I am hoping for isekai quintet next year.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 07:35   Link #93
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think you mean "If it was in their source anime, Nazrick won't stand much of a chance at all. It would end with the entire party (Kazuma included ) rampaging over them and destroying all their plans with no real problem."

Because Nazrick real "power" was that they were transported to a world of kindergartners. Faced with actual opponents who they could not steamroll they would collapse faster than a souffle hit by a sonic boom.

Careful there, Nazarik would actually win with ease. If they don't send any undead they won't even loose a single soldier. Just look at Megumin's surprised face when she saw how many magic circles Ainz controlled with ease. And megumin's reaction was probably also exactly what he was gunning for - a pure demonstration of even her most powerful spell being a joke compared to what he could potentially do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Somehow I am picturing the old D&D sketch but when it gets to the like "I'm attacking the darkness", instead of laughter, the response is some sort of suggestive moan and Darkness responding to the attack.
Not that she would hit anything anyway...

Old 2019-05-11, 14:29   Link #94
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Careful there, Nazarik would actually win with ease. If they don't send any undead they won't even loose a single soldier. Just look at Megumin's surprised face when she saw how many magic circles Ainz controlled with ease. And megumin's reaction was probably also exactly what he was gunning for - a pure demonstration of even her most powerful spell being a joke compared to what he could potentially do.
Copy/pasting what I said on another site since some others had a similar thought.

You dont get Ainz's character if you think he would try to one-up Megumin. He was participating in a talent show in which the point is to do something to impress everyone. You DO NOT try to put someone else's act down by out doing them at their own act. Doing something like that would beneath him.

Ainz does not embarrass, toy with, or humiliate those who have not offended him or any part of Nazarick. What Ainz did, he did to truly impress everyone there as any good king would.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 10:25   Link #95
Azrael Kyota

I'd like to know some thoughts on this show. Odd questions to ask no doubt.

1. What do you find appealing about it?
2. Can you explain the plot in 2 sentences?
Azrael Kyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 12:17   Link #96
Side-streetdog

Poor Kazuma
Who think it's a good idea to put both Tanya and Demilurge in the same team?
Old 2019-05-14, 13:19   Link #97
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Poor Kazuma
Who think it's a good idea to put both Tanya and Demilurge in the same team?
I got chills about them teaming up...

Shame we didn't get to see Megumin demonstrate her ability on the announcing...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 13:24   Link #98
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I got chills about them teaming up...

Shame we didn't get to see Megumin demonstrate her ability on the announcing...
seems work very well.

That ending.....jejejej
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 15:23   Link #99
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Copy/pasting what I said on another site since some others had a similar thought.

You dont get Ainz's character if you think he would try to one-up Megumin. He was participating in a talent show in which the point is to do something to impress everyone. You DO NOT try to put someone else's act down by out doing them at their own act. Doing something like that would beneath him.

Ainz does not embarrass, toy with, or humiliate those who have not offended him or any part of Nazarick. What Ainz did, he did to truly impress everyone there as any good king would.
We must have watched different series then, because there are several instances of Ainz demonstrating power for the lolz without Nazarik being threatened at all. - Take the adventurer raid for example as he was the one who actually orchestrated it.

Also he didn't exactly do the same act, he just showed that he can control an immense amount of magical circles, that however doesn't change a thing about his intent.

Old 2019-05-14, 23:43   Link #100
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
We must have watched different series then, because there are several instances of Ainz demonstrating power for the lolz without Nazarik being threatened at all. - Take the adventurer raid for example as he was the one who actually orchestrated it.
Ainz has never used his power "for the lolz" so far. Each time he's shown off it was to accomplish something. Even killing Nigun at the start wasn't "for the lolz. Doing something "for the lolz" implies there was no point in doing something other than one's own personal enjoyment. Half the time "for the lolz" actually is detrimental towards one's own goals.

You also dont need to be a threat to someone to insult them. And the adventurers that raided Nazarick is not an example of "for the lolz." There was a specific goal in mind when they were invited to raid The Great Tomb. He didnt orchestrate that just because he felt like killing people.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote