Old 2016-10-23, 21:57   Link #42
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
How about Mao Nome?

She dead!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 22:10   Link #43
Gravitas Free Zone

Mao's quite popular as a Lady M candidate, despite the fact that she would be really high up the list of people that Grace would want to be killed by the attack on the exploration fleet and is probably therefore quite dead.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 22:13   Link #44
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Mao's quite popular as a Lady M candidate, despite the fact that she would be really high up the list of people that Grace would want to be killed by the attack on the exploration fleet and is probably therefore quite dead.
That and she was never part of Megaroad I.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 22:50   Link #45
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

First half was like all kinds of awesome, while second half could have been executed better. Doesn't help that the second half music is mostly dud songs when the first half music pretty came busting out of the gate. XD

My biggest disappointment comes from having next to no meaningful battroid battles. It's like pretty much all major battles came down to dogfighting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them, but it seems that battroid mode is merely just decoration at this point. Even gerwalk gets its time to shine via maneuvering in all those dogfights, but battroid scenes were few and far between and they were mostly useless from memory.

Yeah, I was in the 'losing' ship, but I personally don't care since Freyja is on living on borrowed time. Mirage will win in the end . Seriously speaking, at the very least they have the balls to actually finish the love triangle, and they finished it in such a way that even me as a Mirage shipper agrees its the only feasible ending the way they crafted the story. So that's a major plus for me.

Overall, it's still the series that I enjoyed the most this year (though March Comes in Like a Lion is giving it a hella run for its money), as the first half was still thoroughly enjoyable. I'm crossing my fingers for a movie or two; I sincerely believe that they could make THE definitive edition of Delta if they cleaned up their act for the movies. Thing is, would movies even be financially feasible for Delta if the series is only selling 10k per volume?

Now where does this rank in my list?

1) SDF Macross/DYRL - #1 just for being revolutionary for its time; SDF for its content, DRYL for the awesome visuals that look great even today. (DYRL Minmei/Misa still are IMO the prettiest Macross heroines for example)

2) Delta First half - Shinigami + Ikenai Borderline + Rune ga Pika is awesome combination

3) Zero - Seeing more of Roy was especially awesome

4) Plus - err... childhood friends win? XD

5) Frontier Movies - see above? XD

6) Delta both parts - yeah... this is where Delta as a whole falls.

Second to the last) Seven - I think me watching this when I started getting REAL weary of 50 eps shows is what hurt its ranking.

Dead last) Frontier TV series - Oh yeah, still hella salty about that ending

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 03:53   Link #46
s07195
However,

All the negativity put me off watching anything past Ep 15... so it took me more than a year just to finally get back to finishing Macross Delta.

...And, it turns out that I like it. Yeah there were some moments that were a bit weird, like how there was basically no conclusion to the Windemere side of things in the final episode, but this series is massively overhated.

That said, I wish they utilized more songs in the second half, because hearing first cour songs again and again was kinda sad. I also wish there was more pew pew fighting sequences, because I guess I got my expectations up via getting interested in Macross via SRW. However, I'm glad we got Formation Crossbone at least, and Super Packs in the final episode.

Anyways, lesson learned. Stay away from the fanbase, because they are jaded as heck and will drag your experience down if this is your first time watching the latest entry in a longstanding franchise.

Finally... Kaname FTW!!!
Old 2018-12-27, 08:33   Link #47
HirouKeimou

This might be off-topic but it should be said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Anyways, lesson learned. Stay away from the fanbase, because they are jaded as heck and will drag your experience down if this is your first time watching the latest entry in a longstanding franchise.
Amen.

During the Frontier days, I browsed in here anonymously and learned quickly Macross has a very toxic fandom; you either all agree on something or all hell breaks loose over one small thing. Nowadays it's toxic for more than shipping, so if you wanna avoid Macross fandom, do so. It's so not worth your time or energy because these people over here only view Macross as something they enjoy when it goes their way. And personally, that's a very bleak view.

It's sad all the negativity pushed you off the series for so long. I'm glad you finally finish it and did find something enjoyable from it. It does have it's flaws but it's a good series overall and definitely one I had fun with during its air.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 18:17   Link #48
ArmorPilot

The salt over Frontier ep 25 was so real.
ArmorPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 18:57   Link #49
Alchemist007
*Author

Finally managed to watch it.
I think it had a good general vibe but the central plotline wasn't really solved, they just introduced a new one in the last ep and solved that instead...

I think the show's strengths were when it wasn't being so serious, which I kind of wish the whole thing was tbh, because it did it well. It should've stayed smaller in scale with this type of cast instead of galactic conflict and war; or if they had to go this route, it needed better direction.

It's not a love it or hate it, but there were certainly aspects I loved and others I really disliked.

Overall 6/10.