AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-26, 11:24   Link #81
James Rye

What is it with Japan society that the streets and houses are all empty whenever humans and golem/aliens/youkai/monsters/robots/etc are fighting? XD
So 2nd knight, the dog knight, is pretty strong even strong enough to handle the princess though it doesn't seem like he relies on any power-up from Ludo, just his own fighting experience. Ludo probably got a similar magic ability like Neu does.
Old 2022-07-29, 15:31   Link #82
Frontier

Yuuhi and Samidare both remember their dream kiss, and adorably Yuuhi is on cloud 9 while Samidare is super embarrassed about it. I guess even a kiss flusters are serious and determined princess .

Oh hey, Opening and Ending subs! I wasn't expecting that .

Pretty interesting conflict here...ostensibly our protagonists are meant to be working together, but Yuuhi and Samidare have a secret agenda of destroying the world that other knights might not agree with, so their allies might also be their enemies .

So we've got Yuuhi wrestling with a dog, Samidare getting treated like a joke by Shinonome, and Ludo acting like a dog. Pretty amusing scenes, all things considered .

I see Shinonome is a true man of culture, partaking in Shojo manga, magical girl anime, and falling in love at first sight with Hisame .

Also, here's a Samidare bath scene with her naked and with her hair down .

Shinonome is really turning on the charm with Hisame, and with her it seems like flattery will get you everywhere, so maybe he actually has a chance. I feel like his brother is probably going to be a major character too .

I can't say I was expecting Yuuhi to be willing to threaten to kill Hisame if it means warding Shinonome off, but I guess that goes to show how seriously he takes going along with Samidare's plan. He even acknowledges it's basically a child throwing a tantrum at the world, but he seems steadfast on committing to it. Although I don't think even Samidare would be willing to use her sister like that .

A magical girl show where the finisher is literally shoving a cement block into the bad guys' head? Yeah, that feels on-brand for this show and something Samidare would watch .

Oh hey, Samidare and Hisame's dad! Seems like their mom is still in France though, studynig medicine as a doctor, while their dad is a traveling author. He seems like a pretty chill, nice, dude but it seems like Hisame's been pretty frustrated with the fact that he basically foisted taking care of Samidare onto her while he went off to who knows where and she barely sees him. Not that she hates her dad, she just hasn't been given much reason to respect him. And she drunkenly says all of this within ear shot of the guy. Poor Asahina papa .

Yuuhi's first drinking excursion went surprisingly well! He really drowned that sake, and he was less tipsy than his companions .

What does it mean to be an adult? Maybe it means being someone who can smile and inspire the younger generation to believe in the future and what they achieve...but if Yuuhi and Samidare continue with their plan, will they live to see themselves become fully-fledged adults ?
Old 2022-07-29, 15:35   Link #83
Xical
Phantom User

Ep.04
I feel this ep. is better put (outside the training scenes and the golem fight) togheter than last one , there are many things I want to comment but I think anything I write atm will be in the spoilers realm, so I will only say: Hangetsu, knight or not, is really a monster.
Old 2022-07-29, 16:08   Link #84
grecefar

Ehh yuuhi being the bad guy doesn't suit him at all.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 18:23   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really liked Neu calling out Yuuhi. And the two of them more or less apologizing to each other afterward. It felt like Yuuhi's voice actor actually tried in this episode, too.
Old 2022-07-30, 00:00   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Since it has already been said so many times, I don't want to say it again, but the anime doesn't help by having terribly animated action sce... I mean, jpgs being shuffled around every episode

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 14:47   Link #87
Frontier

So the reason Shinonome calls Ludo "Saw" and is so dedicated to saving people is because Saw was his own dog who died saving someone and showed Shinonome what it means to be a true Hero of Justice. Pretty sad backstory for such a happy man .

I guess Sami won't be able to look forward to growing up and becoming a drunk like the rest of her family because she doesn't expect to reach adulthood .

So not only is the girl Yuuhi likes the daughter of his favorite author, but she actually seems genuinely interested in what he likes and is interested in! I don't think this affection is as one-sided as he thinks, especially when they get to enjoy a day together .

He even gets her dads' approval to take care of her! After some poignant questions though, but it seems like Samidare's dad wants Yuuhi to believe in his future and his dreams, and even approves of Shinonome both as someone for Hisame and as someone who can set Yuuhi on the right path .

After such a fun birthday and day out, you'd think Samidare could be convinced to not destroy the Earth...but in reality, she was so sickly before Anima saved her, that she's probably doomed to die once their mission is completed and Anima leaves her, and she doesn't want to go out like that without taking the world with her. And it feels like she and Yuuhi are making a lovers' suicide pact .

Just two guys drinking beer while watching a violent magical girl show. Nothing strange about that .

I guess making your kid watch a Sentai show would be a good way of instiling a strong sense of justice in said kid, even if the kid also assumes he can pull off the fantastical stuff in the show through training. But it also taught Shinonome an important life lesson about how a person can only do what they are capable of doing .

Shinonome's not stupid, he can tell Yuuhi and Samidare are up to something, but he's willing to respect their resolve and help them, even if he plans to be there to stop them. It's just too not even that was in the cards .

The Golem's have finally gotten an upgrade and are having the knights come to them, and are much better fighters. They even actually kill one of them .

It seemed like Shinonome and Yuuhi were genuinely bonding, Hisame was genuinely looking forward to their date together, and it seemed like things were looking up...and then Shinonome sacrifices himself like a true hero, just as Saw did, and dies fighting the Golem. And now Hisame will probably never know what actually happened to him other than the fact that he died in a sudden land collapsed caused by a rageful Samidare's punch .

And he finally said Ludo's name too...I guess they're going to have go at it without the Dog Knight? I thought all four knights would go through the entire series together. What was Shinonome's wish? To transfer his power to Yuuhi to make him stronger? And it looks like his younger brother might be taking his spot as the Crow Knight .
Old 2022-08-05, 14:55   Link #88
Alchemist007
*Author

He flagged so hard it was inevitable, RIP.
Old 2022-08-05, 18:23   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think some of the emotions came across this week. You could see Hangetsu's death coming a mile away but it was still sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And he finally said Ludo's name too...I guess they're going to have go at it without the Dog Knight? I thought all four knights would go through the entire series together. What was Shinonome's wish? To transfer his power to Yuuhi to make him stronger? And it looks like his younger brother might be taking his spot as the Crow Knight .
What led you to think there's only four knights? The total number has never been given. Neu spoke more than once of the three mythical beasts, which neither he nor Ludo were, so that's five already.
Old 2022-08-05, 18:25   Link #90
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What led you to think there's only four knights? The total number has never been given. Neu spoke more than once of the three mythical beasts, which neither he nor Ludo were, so that's five already.
If I remember right there were animals in a statue that appeared in Sami and Yuuhi's dream state? I assume those were the knights.
Old 2022-08-05, 19:50   Link #91
grecefar

It was that obvious hangetsu death just as soon the scene with hisame watching the ticket.

I'm getting into the story, I'll see this to the end.
Old 2022-08-12, 17:05   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The pace seriously picked up in the latest episode. Three more Knights introduced, a bit of infodump (final number of Knights is 12 - bet you're real surprised), and two new golems.

They cut all of the dream sequences and removed the chains in Yuuhi's mind, both of which are a shame.
Old 2022-08-12, 23:21   Link #93
Frontier

I don’t know what’s sadder, Hisame admitting she was in love with Hangetsu or having to keep Hangetsu’s memory alive by being a smiling and supportive adult for the kids even though she’s emotionally in as much pain as they are. Also, Yuuhi copping a feel .

Yuuhi called Hangetsu a friend! Finally! And Sami mastered the move he was trying to teach her. It shows how much they really cared about him .

I though Mikazuki was as nice and free-spirited as his older brother…but he’s actually an insane battle junkie trying to surpass his brother by beating up everybody. Guess he’ll keep things unpredictable since he cares more about fighting than his fellow knights .

Is Samidare easy to flatter? She blushed at Mikazuki falling for her. Does Yuuhi have a rival in battle and love ?

Nagomu, the horse knight! Voices by Tetsu Inada! Looks like he’ll keep the other knights in line…or at least try to .

So there are 12 knights in total? We’ve seen all the ones in the Opening, but is the glasses guy and the green-haired girl knights? I assumed they were villains .

Yayoi, the snake knight, seems nice and cute…albeit to the point. It’s nice to have another girl .

Did Neu have feelings for Sia? His reaction to her felt more than just gratitude .

Yuuhi has inherited Hangetsu’s desire to be a hero and seeks to fulfill his friend Neu’s wish now. He’s really developing well .
Old 2022-08-13, 12:05   Link #94
grecefar

I felt that this was too quick and jumping from scene to scene were pretty bad, like one moment there was the snake knight saving yuuhi and asking if he was ok and next second yuuhi was in his home and her visiting asking the same question, what the hell happen from the montains to there?

The same with shinonome brother and the horse knight, one moment horse knight kicked his ass and the next shinonome brother was asking again for a rematch and saying that he trained in the mountains, like what for a couple of hours?

and princess jumping around without doing nothing, I don't know, this chapter was a mess.
Old 2022-08-13, 18:47   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They're definitely rushing, and at this point I think they're aiming to cover the entire story in just one cour, which will predictably result in disaster. I mean, an even bigger one than it currently is. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 2022-08-14, 14:03   Link #96
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
They're definitely rushing, and at this point I think they're aiming to cover the entire story in just one cour, which will predictably result in disaster. I mean, an even bigger one than it currently is. I hope I'm wrong.
Don't worry, it can't get worse. Because the story isn't even coming into my head right now either.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 15:00   Link #97
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I felt that this was too quick and jumping from scene to scene were pretty bad, like one moment there was the snake knight saving yuuhi and asking if he was ok and next second yuuhi was in his home and her visiting asking the same question, what the hell happen from the montains to there?

The same with shinonome brother and the horse knight, one moment horse knight kicked his ass and the next shinonome brother was asking again for a rematch and saying that he trained in the mountains, like what for a couple of hours?

and princess jumping around without doing nothing, I don't know, this chapter was a mess.
Quote:
OK, so it wasn't just me. I was like the passage of time in this episode is just weird.
Old 2022-08-14, 15:23   Link #98
Frontier

I definitely got the sense they were speeding through Mikazuki ingratiating himself in Yuuhi's life and the other knights' introduction.
Old 2022-08-19, 14:44   Link #99
Frontier

Mikazuki delivering his best Accelerator impression as he fights Nagomu. And he's definitely not someone you want to underestimate .

Oh, so now the Golems can devour each other to get stronger? Well, good thing Samidare has a super punch to let loose .

So Hangetsu did pass on to Yuuhi his martial arts skills...and knowing that Hangetsu saved him once again is enough to bring Yuuhi and Sami to finally cry over their fallen friend .

Time for some more dream flirting! Although Yuuhi is kicking himself for not taking advantage of it, and a real life good morning kiss isn't in his immediate future .

Am I detecting some vibes between Yuuhi and Yayoi? I know he's sworn his love to the princess, and it's mutual, but Yayoi seemed pretty keen on Yuuhi after he saved her, getting his number and cooking dinner for him even .

Mikazuki's attempt to kidnap Yayoi to get Yuuhi to fight him...did no go how he expected it too, what with her just slapping him and grabbing a drink. But I guess Yuuhi still fought him anyways now that he has to live up to what Hangetsu passed down to him .

But even having Hangetsu's skills doesn't make Yuuhi Hangetsu, and he can't seem to beat Mikazuki, although it also seems like he's emotionally conflicted now that he's coming to care for more than just Samidare and destroying the world .

Um...I guess the main villain just showed up? With Animus just casually crawling out of a Golem like it's the most normal thing in the world? I wonder about the green-haired lady though .

The cat knight Shimaki! Who is basically just fat Kirito. They even got Yoshitsugu Matsuoka to voice him. At least he and Samidare bond over their shared appetite (and he seems to be the only knight with an actual job) .

So Nagomu brings his horse with him everywhere except a family restaurant. No surprise the man doesn't have a job .

Now we're practically stumbling into knights at this point...all of whom are kids. Rooster, Turtle, Mouse, Mantis, and a deceased Swordfish Knight. Even Yuuhi is starting to realize the plot is getting all over the place .

Well, we've got the knights all together and Samidare has her cape in real life now, but even if Yuuhi loves the world he's still simping hard enough for Sami to go along with her plan to destroy it...but at least they got to have a mutual love confession together .

Will the knights be able to work well together? Samidare sure delivered an epic speech rallying them, even though she and Yuuhi plan to betray them in the end .
Old 2022-08-19, 18:36   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, unless it has a weird number of episodes, this will be one cour. Two would be too long unless they completely stop skipping scenes.