AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-04-20, 11:35   Link #2821
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
but what i think was pretty egregious was how the UA sports festival surpassed the Olympics as the most watched event in the world. Now that's just blatant... I could accept the sports festival being the most watched event in the country, but not the world
It specifically say "in Japan" (check chapter 22).
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 12:08   Link #2822
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
And once again Academia manages to perfectly convey emotion without words. I love this art style.

Spoiler for pic:
if you like this kind of stuff you should read magi and fire punch,
in fire punch there is even a entire chapter without a single word and it is one of the saddest things i have seen since a long time in the manga world

anyways,
nice chapter, a lot of infodump and it even copied the hunter-website idea from HxH

nice to see sasuke-guy having his quirk back, a beautiful cow feet indeed

and now i want bloody fightings!!!
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 14:54   Link #2823
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, this chapter basically confirmed that Overhaul is indeed using Eri to produce those anti-quirk bullets. Still, despite their regrets, I think it was for the best that Mirio restrained Deku at that time. After all, Overhaul's an extremely dangerous individual, and who knows what he could have done to them if they pestered him further (even if he didn't blow them up like he did Magne, he could have forced Eri to erase their quirks, which is nearly as serious a consequence). At least now they can come up with countermeasures since they have a better idea of what the guy's up to.....


And back to the centipede guy.... as I said before, while I'm not very fond of the creatures themselves, I actually like this guy's design. I'd love to see his fighting style....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 15:19   Link #2824
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I can't tell whether they are afraid of Overhaul's evil scheme or they are angry for not saving the girl when they could.
I'm pretty sure that it's dread over what is happening to the girl and how they both missed a chance to stop it from continuing. The cut to her arm indicates that their expression have more to what with Eri herself than Overhaul's plan
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 16:30   Link #2825
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 32
Those looks on Mirio and Deku's face when they realized the hell the girl they failed to save is enduring... They're going to be more motivated than ever for this mission.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 17:01   Link #2826
Random14
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Ouch, yeah, that's a painful realization. Nighteye takes responsibility for that missed chance, and it was the logical action at the time. Even if they had tried to hold on to the girl, it could have easily broken out into a big fight at any moment. Its only due to both Overhaul and Nighteye still being in the planning/investigation stages that they held back.

But that moment when they realized it, that hurt. This is an important matter, and Eraserhead is there to compare his quirk to the drug (they really it call the Plus Ultra factor?), but not sure why Gran Torino is there. Good thing Sun Eater recovered, but if the drug is further refined, it might not just wear off after a while. Wonder why all the kids are allowed to hear this, Kirishima is a witness, but the rest, hm, this is a bit beyond normal training.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 17:57   Link #2827
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 32
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
My god... those faces when they realized.... I could feel the pain and the guilt. I can't even imagine...

Nighteye is more of a complete idiot then I thought. If he knew what OH's power was why didn't he fucking tell Deku. If Deku had known he would have also knnow that OH had no way to go after him. Activate Shaul with Eri in his arms and bolt it. Problem over. FUCKING NIGHTEYE!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 20:09   Link #2828
Darius Drake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Ouch, yeah, that's a painful realization. Nighteye takes responsibility for that missed chance, and it was the logical action at the time. Even if they had tried to hold on to the girl, it could have easily broken out into a big fight at any moment. Its only due to both Overhaul and Nighteye still being in the planning/investigation stages that they held back.

But that moment when they realized it, that hurt. This is an important matter, and Eraserhead is there to compare his quirk to the drug (they really it call the Plus Ultra factor?), but not sure why Gran Torino is there. Good thing Sun Eater recovered, but if the drug is further refined, it might not just wear off after a while. Wonder why all the kids are allowed to hear this, Kirishima is a witness, but the rest, hm, this is a bit beyond normal training.
The kids all have probationary Hero Licences. Basically, they're there to act through the real world hero work, and this is part of it. It also helps that a number of them have various powers useful to helping an individual escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
My god... those faces when they realized.... I could feel the pain and the guilt. I can't even imagine...

Nighteye is more of a complete idiot then I thought. If he knew what OH's power was why didn't he fucking tell Deku. If Deku had known he would have also knnow that OH had no way to go after him. Activate Shaul with Eri in his arms and bolt it. Problem over. FUCKING NIGHTEYE!
There was no reason to tell Deku about OH's powers. Nighteye had no reason to believe that Deku would run into OH, let alone the reason why OH can now make Quirk-Damaging Bullets. What, do you want to be informed of everything about what your boss is doing at work, or do you only care about what you need to be doing? Same idea.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 23:26   Link #2829
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I feel like they arrived at the conclusion that Eri is the source of the bullets too quickly and that this could be a set up for an even bigger twist.

That said, this chapter was incredible. The panels as they realized what was going on were so well down that you could remove all the dialogue and still completely understand it.

Between this and One Piece, this was a good week for the shounen genre.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 00:04   Link #2830
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Nighteye is more of a complete idiot then I thought. If he knew what OH's power was why didn't he fucking tell Deku. If Deku had known he would have also knnow that OH had no way to go after him. Activate Shaul with Eri in his arms and bolt it. Problem over. FUCKING NIGHTEYE!
And how many people might Overhaul kill while trying to get her back? Keep in mind that the reason they were investigating Overhaul is that they didn't yet have anything on him. Suspected child abuse—suspected by a couple of provisional heroes, no less—is not sufficient reason to give someone with possibly the deadliest Quirk we've seen an excuse to use it. The whole point of them being professional heroes is that they have to work within the law. I don't know how differently due process works in Japan compared to the US, much less a Japan in a world where literal superheroes exist, but I'm willing to bet you can't just take children away from their parents, any more than you can just arrest someone without a binding reason.

And you did notice what the entire capability of his Quirk is, right?

"Hello, officers. You say you've been told that I've been harming and possibly experimenting upon my daughter? Well, feel free to have a doctor come by and check out her out. You'll find that she's in the peak of health. Only thing wrong with her is her vivid imagination. Those bandages? I'm afraid she's a little chuuni. Isn't that right, Eri?"

The point is, yes, we know he's a bad guy, and it's pretty apparent (though notably not certain, as all we've seen in the chapter is technically supposition) that he's farming Eri for his anti-Quirk bullets. But there's what we as the audience have seen and can infer, and there's what they as the heroes can prove. The latter is all our heroes have to deal with.
__________________
FGO Info: (JP) 055835281 | クワイガンケニー ==== (EN) 952525630 | quigonkenny
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 04:02   Link #2831
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 32
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You'll find that she's in the peak of health..

Except she's NOT. Those bandages aren't for show. If she indeed has the power to cancel out quirks it standis to reason that a quirk cannot be used on her. If it could OH would just fix her up every time he takes cells. He's obviously not doing that since her arms are filled with scars and has no reason not to do that unless he can't.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 15:13   Link #2832
sayf82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
so the girl is like the man from x-men 3 movie who take away the mutation?
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 15:50   Link #2833
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayf82 View Post
so the girl is like the man from x-men 3 movie who take away the mutation?
yeah, and just like in x-men 3
Spoiler for xmen:
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 17:30   Link #2834
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I do wonder what the explanation for the quirk-enhancing drug is and who's quirk is going to go out of control in this arc.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 00:47   Link #2835
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
The scene Deku and Mirio upon realization were epic. Overhaul arc seem will be darker than expected considering how there are people who fell by his ruthless then it possible some of heroes will die for REAL here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
If there's an organisation like that, it would likely be made up of all the top 3 ranked hero's (and those who have been part of the top 3 ranked) of the nations that are part of the UN. However, I believe that there wouldn't be such an organisation for a few reasons, one of the major ones being that there isn't/shouldn't be any real intergalactic, planetary threats to the world in this story. I mean, there could be such beings, but having them suddenly appear at Earth when they haven't been there before in known history would be weird. Though it could be used as an explanation for why Quirks appeared.

Anyway, the example of All Might's Fame we received was that he was famous even in the US, not that he was a part of some elite Hero Group. As such, I used fame as a determinator instead of something that could be used to describe Eraserhead. Because, in his preferred method of combat, Eraserhead could be said to be All Might's equal, while All Might easily trumps everyone else we've seen purely in fame.
I believe Hero HQ would serve this purpose, we need to get a bit infodump regarding this organization.
Planetary/Intergalactic threat would be great, if you read my past posts then you know how i am so wanted Kohei will introduce cosmic hero. He probably will introduce villain from space in Deku second year when chapter reached 200 chapter or something.
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 04:34   Link #2836
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
He probably will introduce villain from space in Deku second year when chapter reached 200 chapter or something.
currently this verse is barely at city-block level of destructive strength and its speed is still inferior to bullets,

if this verse isnt getting a massive power creep in the next 50 chapters i doubt that there will be a villian from space not in ch200 (and to be honest, im really not the biggest fan of this whole "threat from another planet" storyline, there are enough countrys and enough threats possible on a single planet, no need to create one from outer space :/)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 04:48   Link #2837
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
Well, it's matter of perspective in the end.
For me i wanted cosmic hero to be introduced because there are great untapped potential to release in that part and for personal reason i loves sci-fi space theme.
Marvel space heroes succeed to entertained me with their cosmic story "Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity war, Annihilation war and so on".
Therefore when i heard Kohei based Boku no hero from western comic i couldn't restrained myself to put a hope he will add cosmic story someday.
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 07:09   Link #2838
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Therefore when i heard Kohei based Boku no hero from western comic i couldn't restrained myself to put a hope he will add cosmic story someday.
maybe in the faaar future if BNHA becomes some sort fo big superhero/villian universe like a japanese form of marvel/dc,
than i can see this,

but before that happens the powerlevels would need to be increased a lot and more sci-fy elements should get included (like spaceships and laser weapons etc)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 07:14   Link #2839
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
maybe in the faaar future if BNHA becomes some sort fo big superhero/villian universe like a japanese form of marvel/dc,
than i can see this,

but before that happens the powerlevels would need to be increased a lot and more sci-fy elements should get included (like spaceships and laser weapons etc)
Well, it need more than decades for western manga to really dwell in cosmic saga so yeah...
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 07:27   Link #2840
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Well, it need more than decades for western manga to really dwell in cosmic saga so yeah...
that means BNHA is the next naruto/OP/jojo/ippo
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.