AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-18, 15:58   Link #141
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

dang it, Nitta! You blew it! Ah, Utako looked great in her casual clothes. The puppet at the end and Hina's expression was so so so so funny.

The beginning with Anzu was also pretty touching, and the yakuza lawyer expanding Hina's bullet list of a speech was killing me. Another 10/10 episode.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 17:31   Link #142
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Nitta can do way better than utako.
Talking about Utako, I wonder what's the writers' intentions with her. Already in the opening we see her making cry Anzu and Hitomi for different reasons. A bit harsh
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 17:36   Link #143
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Talking about Utako, I wonder what's the writers' intentions with her. Already in the opening we see her making cry Anzu and Hitomi for different reasons. A bit harsh
Making kids cry is part of her charm
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 17:37   Link #144
sikvod00

^ She can definitely be harsh and cut throat. But my opinion of Utako went up after seeing her help feed the homeless and participate in that protest opposed to removing them from their homes.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 18:01   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hina's story about running for student council president was hilarious from start to finish. Her speech was just brilliant. And poor Hitomi is going to get even busier because of her.

Anzu's story was more heartwarming than funny, as usual.
Old 2018-05-18, 20:12   Link #146
eceso

that whole scene in the gymnasium with the speech was fantastic
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 20:26   Link #147
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
I'm not sure if anime make a right move on this series.
Too much focus on drama-side of series in these first 6 episodes
People who never read manga may misunderstand this series as drama.
It's mainly comedy and less drama materials in latter chapter.
If its go on in this direction. It's likely has original content in few last episodes.
Still hope they will do America chapter.
I read the manga, and the anime seems perfect to me, perfectly balanced, with a mood of misunderstanding.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 21:14   Link #148
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I read the manga, and the anime seems perfect to me, perfectly balanced, with a mood of misunderstanding.
well i'm also read the manga and to be honest i feel which they make hina too much "nice person" specially with nitta for what i remember in the beginner nitta situation was more like a "hostage" aways scared to hell of her and she taking advantage of him, ofcourse sometimes she was really good with him but overal she was really "bad toward him in the beginner aways threatening nitta whenever he was against her take sometime until they really started to look like a father and a daughter.
Old 2018-05-19, 07:01   Link #149
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ She can definitely be harsh and cut throat. But my opinion of Utako went up after seeing her help feed the homeless and participate in that protest opposed to removing them from their homes.
Don't forget she was one to arrange Anzu's new home.
Old 2018-05-19, 08:18   Link #150
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Making kids cry is part of her charm
I think those scenes were deliberately exaggerated. The scene of Anzu crying has been shown: she gets money and suddenly it's all taken away to pay for all her thefts. I'm guessing the Hitomi scene was when she was learning all the different cocktails against her will. Hina's rain scene was when she was briefly abandoned. All three recovered quickly and became happier for it, and frankly none of them were set up to be all that hopeless or tragic.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 10:54   Link #151
Wandering Soul

Hina's attempts to become student council president, especially her speech was hilarious. Looks like thanks to her, Hitomi will now have an even more packed schedule.
Old 2018-05-19, 14:38   Link #152
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Wait. Utako was the lady that chased Anzu for stealling?!? I thought that was someone from the supermarket? That also has black hair. Because what would Anzu even steal from a bar?!?

What klinched the speech scene was the moment when she was interrupted and gave her usual 1000 yards stare of confusion which made me flash back to the last episode and I knew that she is likely going to just restart from where she was stopped. And was right on money

Also pronouncing stage directions

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 14:44   Link #153
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Wait. Utako was the lady that chased Anzu for stealling?!? I thought that was someone from the supermarket? That also has black hair. Because what would Anzu even steal from a bar?!?

What klinched the speech scene was the moment when she was interrupted and gave her usual 1000 yards stare of confusion which made me flash back to the last episode and I knew that she is likely going to just restart from where she was stopped. And was right on money

Also pronouncing stage directions
Utako is like the leader of that district as she command that respect.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 17:12   Link #154
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Utako is like the leader of that district as she command that respect.
Otherwise she will bitch slap you with her boobs into compliance
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 17:48   Link #155
Xical
Phantom User

That scene with the puppet always make me to wish for a live action version of Hinamatsuri, with Jean Reno as Nitta, a young Natalie Portman as Hina and a plant in the role of the pots, lol.
Old 2018-05-19, 20:06   Link #156
MCAL

Takako Tanaka's deadpan is absolutely fantastic. She's a complete newbie seiyuu, but she's got quite the starting role.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 22:36   Link #157
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well i'm also read the manga and to be honest i feel which they make hina too much "nice person" specially with nitta for what i remember in the beginner nitta situation was more like a "hostage" aways scared to hell of her and she taking advantage of him, ofcourse sometimes she was really good with him but overal she was really "bad toward him in the beginner aways threatening nitta whenever he was against her take sometime until they really started to look like a father and a daughter.
you do not understand, I mean that the essential of the anime is the same as the manga, having the same kind of humor.

I think it's silly to care about these minimal changes that do not affect the story at all, it seems like manga fans who want something 100% equal, even when sometimes adaptation makes something more meaningful, as the end of the Ajin first season anime
Old 2018-05-19, 22:55   Link #158
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
you do not understand, I mean that the essential of the anime is the same as the manga, having the same kind of humor.

I think it's silly to care about these minimal changes that do not affect the story at all, it seems like manga fans who want something 100% equal, even when sometimes adaptation makes something more meaningful, as the end of the Ajin first season anime
it's not about being a "perfect mirror about source", i really don't mind changes but as long i feel they are good and make sense, for me one thing is take something which is fun and make it even more fun, another is take like characters personality or focus being in one "way" in the source then you change it almost completely in the anime, a good exemple was dagashi kashi, the first season was horrible due to diretor or writers making the childhood friend focus while it not was the source focus it make anime bad and many peoples criticized it because, they made a "not needed change", the manga was good in the way it was, in th second season they took away that "focus" on the first season and just focused on what is needed.

That is my real problem with "changes", i don't mind good changes "but really bad ones i care".

The fact which nitta and hina relationship was really bad in beginner was part of comedy many good moments in manga where exactly because of that, because hina was much more a "selfish person" and it helped the comedy but here they toned it a little to make her a more "emotionless and lethargic person"( more than she was really) ofcourse they cut something here and there and change some orders, but still good part of the humor was really how they relationship started.

I'm not sayign which what they are doing is terrible or a big change but i do feel the mangas still much more fan than the anime, i really don't feel having the same fun i have with the manga, i really feel like the changes made here take away a part of the fun, but still funny overal but for sure i do feel the manga was much more fun, not because of being "source" but the comedy is much better than the anime at last for me.
Old 2018-05-19, 23:55   Link #159
LG-MAX 2.o

the same joke told a second time is less funny than the first, this is just common sense, you already know what will come.

who just saw the anime, has no complaint.
Old 2018-05-19, 23:58   Link #160
MgMaster

Just when you think Anzu & Hitomi have left Hina behind and they should get more screentime over her, she makes a solid comeback this ep with her deadpan face, tone that accompany her absolute cluelessness. There's no more doubt now that when it comes to scenes involving Nitta, Hina adds the most to them ~ the iconic duo right there. As great as Anzu & Hitomi are in their own way, neither of them would make as good as a "partner" for him as Hina, at least when it comes to the show's entertainment value :P And that's great as you feel like everyone has a unique role and none of them could be replaced by the other.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy (actually funny), esper, yakuza