AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-28, 20:25   Link #41
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I gave up on trying to understand this stupid series, onto another series that derserves more attention.
Old 2003-12-02, 06:41   Link #42
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

I guess another series pulls a "Spiral" and ends with more questions than answers. This is getting way too typical anymore. So... has anyone read the manga? If so, does it answer any of the questions the show glossed over, or is it still unfinished?

Seems like many animes that outpace their manga origins wind up with a muddled ending like this. I think that's even worse than when the show moves at a glaical pace to stay in sync (a.k.a the "drag-on ball syndrome") . It would probably be better to just hold off on the anime entirely until the manga storyline fully written.
Old 2003-12-03, 11:53   Link #43
kazusa
Helping Translator

Send a message via AIM to kazusa Send a message via MSN to kazusa
I don't really know what to say regarding this series...
Yes, the ending was rushed but I don't think the producers are stupid enough to just leave it like that... I mean, the rest of the series was good right?
I strongly feel that there will be a 2nd series or an OVA to finish and wrap this up.
I had to go back to Japan in the July of 2003 [which is this year at the moment] and that's when it was running. So that means that it's only been 4-5 months since it ended. So yeah, the ending sucked but maybe there's more?
Old 2003-12-04, 08:47   Link #44
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazusa
I don't really know what to say regarding this series...
Yes, the ending was rushed but I don't think the producers are stupid enough to just leave it like that... I mean, the rest of the series was good right?
I strongly feel that there will be a 2nd series or an OVA to finish and wrap this up.
I had to go back to Japan in the July of 2003 [which is this year at the moment] and that's when it was running. So that means that it's only been 4-5 months since it ended. So yeah, the ending sucked but maybe there's more?

they r stupid enough to let it end like this its not the first time that they ruin an anime
Old 2003-12-04, 10:26   Link #45
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
they r stupid enough to let it end like this its not the first time that they ruin an anime
Yeah, I doubt we'll be seeing another series. Anime created from manga end like this a lot....
It's a shame as the concept really way there, but alas, as they say, it was not meant to be...
Old 2003-12-04, 10:34   Link #46
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Actually, I do admit that even though they left a lot of questions answered, a couple of big ones have been answered.

1. The Sacrement of Caldera both identified and destroyed. Although they still didn't answer the question about the blood or Kai's past.
2. Eiji, Kai, Maxim, the old man and his adopted grand daughter got anihilated in the blast that destroyed the sacrement and the church that sat above it.
3. The Espers were under some kind of mind control that appears to have been released upon Eiji's death. (take note of the chick who removes her wig and shin-lu)
4. If you noticed, upon Eiji's death, the entire Asurum Esper project got shut down as well as all projects in Gald. (plays into #3)

Well, aside from those, the more I think about it, yes, they definately did leave too many questions unanswered. This of course wouldn't have been an issue had they not decided to use so much filler. Looking back, it was kind of a bad choice in my book.
Old 2004-02-07, 19:22   Link #47
chamelean75

um i don't think that the sacrament got destroyed. If it got destroyed, espers wouldn't be espers cause the sacrament gave them their powers. Also those that you mentioned who died are still in question? I mean you don't really know if they died or not. Does anyone know the relationship between max and kai? Also, how is the manga doing? is it still going? have any questions been answered?
Old 2004-02-07, 19:30   Link #48
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamelean75
Does anyone know the relationship between max and kai?
Max was created genetically from Kai's DNA (Blood) I think. Since they left the ending so open with many questions left unanswered I think they are planning on a S2 or something. I get the feeling it's not over yet.
Old 2004-04-28, 20:09   Link #49
Dern

E's Otherwise plot holes.

I just finished watching E's Otherwise and there were some possible plot holes that I found, but want to make sure that these holes were filled or not.
1. who was kai's father? They made a reference saying that he was some kind of strong esper but did not go any further.
2. When Eiji said that he was going to," clip your wings." what exactly did he mean by that? Is it something like Kai's power all comes from his sister of something? But then how would that explain that last surge of energy at the end of the series after Eiji had supposidly," clipped his wings."
3. Eiji holds up a vial of blood near the end and Kai reacts as if he had seen it before. Just what is it?

These are the main questions that I had. I had a few more, but they were explained however vague an explaination it may be. Either way I thought that the series was really good up until this point and would simply like some explanations, because that last episode, in my opinion, was really bad.
Old 2004-04-28, 20:31   Link #50
chamelean75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dern
I just finished watching E's Otherwise and there were some possible plot holes that I found, but want to make sure that these holes were filled or not.
1. who was kai's father? They made a reference saying that he was some kind of strong esper but did not go any further.
2. When Eiji said that he was going to," clip your wings." what exactly did he mean by that? Is it something like Kai's power all comes from his sister of something? But then how would that explain that last surge of energy at the end of the series after Eiji had supposidly," clipped his wings."
3. Eiji holds up a vial of blood near the end and Kai reacts as if he had seen it before. Just what is it?

These are the main questions that I had. I had a few more, but they were explained however vague an explaination it may be. Either way I thought that the series was really good up until this point and would simply like some explanations, because that last episode, in my opinion, was really bad.
Actually all your questions have been asked before but no one really knows the answer to them. I dunno if the manga would be anymore help or not. You'll just have to wait and see if they come out with a season 2.
Old 2004-04-28, 20:54   Link #51
Dern

lol, looks like I wasn't alone on this. But yeah has the manga been licensed yet? If not where can I find it on the internet?
Old 2004-04-28, 23:13   Link #52
AnimeFangirl

The manga isn't licensed and it's being scanslated by Cabbit. If I knew their url I'd tell you, but they haven't gotten very far with it. The manga is darker, bloodier and more horrific than the anime and all the better because of it.
Old 2004-04-29, 05:49   Link #53
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Yeah, basically no one can answer that stuff. There's simply NO content in the anime to answer it. It's not even like Eva, where you can pull together a BS Answer from random lines of dialog :P

Hmm, I've wanted to scanlate the manga for a while, but I've had no luck getting access to raws... maybe I'll try talking to Cabbit...
Old 2004-08-05, 22:41   Link #54
Ragnarok6502
the apocolips comes

E's Otherwise releace date please!!!

does anyone know when E's Otherwise DVDs start hitting shelves in the US?
Old 2004-08-06, 07:04   Link #55
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Knowing ADV, either later this year, or 2009.

Nah, I'd say probably mid 2005 or so.
Old 2004-08-09, 18:40   Link #56
Ragnarok6502
the apocolips comes

thanx cuz when i was dl'ing it i got a wireless connection and i couldnt dl any more but when i finaly got my wire back it had already been licenced
Old 2004-08-12, 01:57   Link #57
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
I've got all but eps. 24-25 of E's Otherwise, but I've yet to see past ep. 5 since I'm too busy with other crap. It makes me sad, though, that so many of you were disappointed with it, because this seems like a series I'd really like. Now I'm almost afraid to watch it because everyone's talking crap about it. Knowing me, though, I'd probably end up loving E's Otherwise regardless of the crappy ending/too many fillers because I'm either that easy to please when it comes to anime or I'll pity it so much that I have to like it.

One more thing: Shenlong and Eiji-san = sexy
Old 2004-08-12, 02:08   Link #58
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

this series is definitely one of the worst anime with the worst main protagonist for me >_<||||||||
Old 2004-08-12, 03:08   Link #59
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

yah... I didn't like the cross-dressing... the main character lacked personality... and I kept confusing the angry kid with the blonde hair as a girl... the best moment of E's Otherwise for me was when it ended... though, the opening track for that show was very catchy...
Old 2006-03-27, 03:53   Link #60
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

E's otherwise

Anyone have any info on this series? I just watched the end and I was wondering if there is anything that continues past the end

Spoiler for Ending Examples:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Closed Thread