AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-29, 15:59   Link #1001
rladls2121

About the second duel on Shun vs Sora, Shun said he is always duel seriously, and adds even though his enemy is worthless.
I wonder if Shun let his guard down a little since he won once against his first duel Sora.
And Shun thought Sora was worthless.

And missing Yuzu, Yuya right now is thinking Yuzu is also turned into a card as well.

This makes me think Arc-V is a better series than I thought.
If this series was only about Entertainment Duels, then I might have dropped it.
But it is no fun either for Dueling as a warrior to win to defeat source of evil.
I like this series better as Yuya has a clear objective of Dueling is about making people smile and dueling against the people who uses dueling to hurt others.
Nothing like how previous main characters that dueled to save the world.
Yuya, he really wants to make everyone happy with his Entertainment Dueling.
So to me, that's just being more than just a hero.
Wait that's not really being a hero.
I'm not sure but I think it has comparable values as a hero.
Just look at how Shingo imitates him sometimes.

In the end Entertainment Dueling is not all sounds bad to me.
I changed my opinion after I first watched episode 25 and 26, when Yuya dueled Noboru.
But as the series itself, I got really hooked in this series is when I watched the episode around 12 and 13, Yuya's first duel against Reiji.
I decided to give this series a chance on episode 7 not because of Yuto but Shingo.
I like how Shingo being effected by Yuya's performance on his dueling.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2015-03-29 at 16:14.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 16:34   Link #1002
45darkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
About the second duel on Shun vs Sora, Shun said he is always duel seriously, and adds even though his enemy is worthless.
I wonder if Shun let his guard down a little since he won once against his first duel Sora.
And Shun thought Sora was worthless.

And missing Yuzu, Yuya right now is thinking Yuzu is also turned into a card as well.

This makes me think Arc-V is a better series than I thought.
If this series was only about Entertainment Duels, then I might have dropped it.
But it is no fun either for Dueling as a warrior to win to defeat source of evil.
I like this series better as Yuya has a clear objective of Dueling is about making people smile and dueling against the people who uses dueling to hurt others.
Nothing like how previous main characters that dueled to save the world.
Yuya, he really wants to make everyone happy with his Entertainment Dueling.
So to me, that's just being more than just a hero.
Wait that's not really being a hero.
I'm not sure but I think it has comparable values as a hero.
Just look at how Shingo imitates him sometimes.

In the end Entertainment Dueling is not all sounds bad to me.
I changed my opinion after I first watched episode 25 and 26, when Yuya dueled Noboru.
But as the series itself, I got really hooked in this series is when I watched the episode around 12 and 13, Yuya's first duel against Reiji.
I decided to give this series a chance on episode 7 not because of Yuto but Shingo.
I like how Shingo being effected by Yuya's performance on his dueling.
The moment the theme a protagonist dueling for entertaining people was first brought up I wandered how this would be handled. I gotten very interesting along the way until it became so hype worthy that it's turn into a daily thread on 4chan. Arc-v also turned somewhat incredibly dark where you have invasions, wars, genocides and turning people into cards which is pretty much Yugioh's term of ironic death or fate worse than death.

I always found Yuya my favorite protagonist and most interesting character in show where IMO he's way more likeable compared to Yuma. Speaking of which I loved how in Arc-v they actually make secondary characters likeable and have at least some development which Zexal pretty much lacked with having one-shots becoming completely forgettable and even worth mentioning.

When you think about it now Yuya's going through a lot a stuff in only the first 50 episodes compared to most past protagonists from previous series. His dad mysteriously vanished leading him to have a sad life of being bullied and have him be called a coward. Before introduced to the plot believed that dueling was all about making people happy and enjoyment, sees first hand Shun bombing the hell out of a Action Field version of Heartland, runs into his alternate counterparts fighting to death while possessed by alternate dragons. Wakes up 2 days from a coma he receive after absorbing counterpart for the expense of dueling a student who wins duels by beating the crap out of you, tries to convince said student that he's not dueling right ends getting possessed making his ideals more difficult to go through. Finally seems catch a break when Dennis shows up only to be short lived the next episode, while completely unaware that he may or may not be working with his Fusion counterpart. Witnesses first hand people getting carded then automatically turning Supreme King and cause him to hate them then go temporarily possessed. Hasn't even ran into Fusion counterpart whose chasing after Yuzu which makes things worse for him. Lastly, has an ideal clash with Reiji. He never asked for any of this and it's only gonna get worse for here on in.
45darkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 17:04   Link #1003
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45darkrai View Post
The moment the theme a protagonist dueling for entertaining people was first brought up I wandered how this would be handled. I gotten very interesting along the way until it became so hype worthy that it's turn into a daily thread on 4chan. Arc-v also turned somewhat incredibly dark where you have invasions, wars, genocides and turning people into cards which is pretty much Yugioh's term of ironic death or fate worse than death.

I always found Yuya my favorite protagonist and most interesting character in show where IMO he's way more likeable compared to Yuma. Speaking of which I loved how in Arc-v they actually make secondary characters likeable and have at least some development which Zexal pretty much lacked with having one-shots becoming completely forgettable and even worth mentioning.

When you think about it now Yuya's going through a lot a stuff in only the first 50 episodes compared to most past protagonists from previous series. His dad mysteriously vanished leading him to have a sad life of being bullied and have him be called a coward. Before introduced to the plot believed that dueling was all about making people happy and enjoyment, sees first hand Shun bombing the hell out of a Action Field version of Heartland, runs into his alternate counterparts fighting to death while possessed by alternate dragons. Wakes up 2 days from a coma he receive after absorbing counterpart for the expense of dueling a student who wins duels by beating the crap out of you, tries to convince said student that he's not dueling right ends getting possessed making his ideals more difficult to go through. Finally seems catch a break when Dennis shows up only to be short lived the next episode, while completely unaware that he may or may not be working with his Fusion counterpart. Witnesses first hand people getting carded then automatically turning Supreme King and cause him to hate them then go temporarily possessed. Hasn't even ran into Fusion counterpart whose chasing after Yuzu which makes things worse for him. Lastly, has an ideal clash with Reiji. He never asked for any of this and it's only gonna get worse for here on in.
The fun has just begun!
Old 2015-03-29, 17:44   Link #1004
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
How are those Yuuya fault?

He didn't know the whole situation. He didn't know about Sora being Evil. Sora vs Shun match? What would normal person saw from the Sora vs Shun match is : Two people was dueling very seriously while talking something that doesn't make sense.

Sora was his friend so it was normal that he would chose to be on Sora side rather than some mysterious guys who look more like bad guys. Yuuya also stepped in the fight in order to find more information and thanks to that we learnt more about the plot.

- Doesn't know is not equal to stupid/dumb and being innocent is not equal to stupid/dumb. -

Yuto 'death'? He would lose by the rules even though he didn't step in to save Yuya.
If he didn't know anything, then he shouldn't have interfered at all, but he did know something. He witnessed Sora's sadistic side during the match. He heard Sora refer to Kurosaki's people as prey, hunting them as a game, and call them scum. He knew that Sora's group abducted Kurosaki's sister before Sora dueled Yuto and yet he took Sora's side in the duel.

He would've won. If you didn't noticed, Yuto had powered up Dark Rebellion and was ready to attack, but thanks to Yuya's damn speech he ended up ending his turn, which allowed Yuugo's not-destroyed Clear Wing to win.

Quote:
Well Yuto first caused problems for Yuya and his Duel School by ambushing Shingo, though it was sake for Yuzu.
And LDS used that moment to absorb or destroy You Show Duel School.

When Yuya first saw Shun, Shun caused real damage to those LDS Top Team.
So how can Yuya side with them with that kind of impression?

Sora also spent in Yuya's house for a while.
Sora complimenting Yoko, teaching Yuzu how to Fusion summon, and mostly when Yuya first dueled Sora.
For Yuya, those moments might be a lie to him if he sees Sora as someone who enjoys hurting other duelists and turning them into a card.
It's not Yuto's fault he looks like Yuuya and it's not like he was trying to deliberately frame Yuuya. As for Shun, if I recall correctly Yuuya got knocked out mid-duel so he never saw what happened.

Don't you find it annoying when characters refuse to believe their friends could be evil when they actually are?

Quote:
If Obelisk Force are only the grunts of the Academia, then Standard Dimension has still long way to go since LDS Youth and Top Team don't stand a chance.
And this teaches us attack powers aren't everything.
That's unlikely. They are obelisk after all and I doubt the professor would send lowly grunts to capture a valuable asset like Selena.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-03-29 at 20:43.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:38   Link #1005
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Let's just say it's neither Yuya's fault or Yuto's in this situation, it was all wrong timing and weird situations. Neither one knew of the other and the cause what was going on at that time for Yuya or Yuto. Yuya knew more about Sora at that time and didn't know this awful side to him till now. Yuto didn't know all of things he was putting Yuya through or of him.

This is truly the first time Yuya is seeing Sora's true side. The times he interacted with him he was a good kid.

If you hate this stuff you must have hated the past Yugioh shows too and One Piece / Naruto. Like I said, this is Yuya's first real time seeing Sora like this but it's cool you don't like him whatever.

I just feel Reiji could have done things a lot better to avoide the few people as you put it from being carded and I hope he gives it to Reiji good the next episode.

I loved the Sora V.S Yuya dual, pretty cool watching Yuya grow in these games. He's gotten so much better.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:43   Link #1006
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
If he didn't know anything, then he shouldn't have interfered at all, but he did know something. He witnessed Sora's sadistic side during the match. He heard Sora refer to Kurosaki's people as prey, hunting them as a game, and call them scum. He knew that Sora's group abducted Kurosaki's sister before Sora dueled Yuto and yet he took Sora's side in the duel.

He would've won. If you didn't noticed, Yuto had powered up Dark Rebellion and was ready to attack, but thanks to Yuya's damn speech he ended up ending his turn, which allowed Yuugo's not-destroyed Clear Wing to win.

It's not Yuto's fault he looks like Yuuya and it's not like he was trying to deliberately frame Yuuya. As for Shun, if I recall correctly Yuuya got knowcked out mid-duel so he never saw what happened.

Don't you find it annoying when characters refuse to believe their friends could be evil when they actually are?

That's unlikely. They are obelisk after all and I doubt the professor would send lowly grunts to capture a valuable asset like Selena.
Yuya interfered not just because he wanted answers but because Sora was injured after the duel with Kurosaki and he did not want Sora's injuries getting any worse. He also took Sora's side since he at least has a pre existing relationship with Sora and has seen Sora's good side. Yuya really does not know Yuto at all. Even before Yuya joined Sora's side in that duel he wanted them both to stop but joined when they were not going too. Once Sora left he and Yuto peacefully ended their duel.

I can understand why people refusing to believe that their friends are evil can annoy you but Yuya is the type of person that does not want to think the worst of his friends.
Old 2015-03-29, 19:09   Link #1007
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by gensouR-1 View Post
New OP and ED is going to be in episode 51,not 50.
Source?
Only current information was talking about April 5, and thus episode 50.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 00:35   Link #1008
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I finally realized why Reiji's plan has been pretty much detrimental to everyone. He called the Lancers. Even in alternate universes, Lancers have E-Rank luck.
Old 2015-03-30, 20:48   Link #1009
rladls2121

As if Yuya lets himself become that kind of heroic spirit.
He wants to be Entertainment Duelist, of course he'll retaliate.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 08:51   Link #1010
hamazura
whatever

at first i wonder how sora could defeat kurosaki

then i started playing fluffal....

welp, get rekt raidraptors
Old 2015-03-31, 09:51   Link #1011
Crossheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
at first i wonder how sora could defeat kurosaki

then i started playing fluffal....

welp, get rekt raidraptors
To be honest, Sora was literally playing with Shun, and Shun sacked pretty hard then (plot armor pls). The frightful deck is actually strong while the RR deck isn't as consistent.
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 14:28   Link #1012
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossheart View Post
while the RR deck isn't as consistent.
It's because of comments like those that Konami keeps on dumping more searchers into the deck with every new sets. Next thing you know, they'll probably have a bigger searchers ratio than Nekroz (if that's even possible).
Old 2015-03-31, 14:46   Link #1013
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, I've been saying since they appeared that Raid Raptors aren't much more than an Xyz version of Black Feathers of 5D's - spam, spam, Xyz Summon, spam, spam, Xyz Summon, etc.

If they come up against Decks that have the capability of controlling them in some way, like Furnimal actually can with its abilities in multiple destruction, multiple attacking, faster Fusion than Raid Raptors can Xyz really (and, being Fusions, they have less restriction on effects whereas Raid Raptors Xyzs need Xyz Materials for some of their effects, so Fusions can be revived and work pretty much the same whereas Raid Raptors Xyzs will lose part of their strength by having no Xyz Material a majority of the time), etc., then Raid Raptors don't have much else to fall back on at the moment.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 15:32   Link #1014
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
spam, spam, Xyz Summon, spam, spam, Xyz Summon, etc.
I think it's more : spam, search, XYZ, search, search, spam, spam, XYZ, search.

RR XYZ bosses' problem is also not material restriction. Strix is the only one that may run out of material under normal circumstances ; and by that time, you'd have 8 cards in your hands or something.
Their effects are just not that good in the first place (outside of punishing SS or searching).
What they need right now are better boss monsters with build in protections and better traps that are actually searchable.
Old 2015-03-31, 15:34   Link #1015
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I think it's more : spam, search, XYZ, search, search, spam, spam, XYZ, search.

RR XYZ bosses' problem is also not material restriction. Strix is the only one that may run out of material under normal circumstances ; and by that time, you'd have 8 cards in your hands or something.
Their effects are just not that good in the first place (outside of punishing SS or searching).
What they need right now are better boss monsters with build in protections and better traps that are actually searchable.
Well, to be fair, Special Summon has been the "new Normal Summon" ever since Yu-Gi-Oh! GX introduced Cyber Dragon, so that's not really a problem at all. Built-in protection is also asking too much unless the Summoning requirements are balanced for it and/or it's not as strong in other areas. More decent Magic/Trap Cards would be nice though.
Old 2015-03-31, 16:44   Link #1016
Crossheart

^and that's what i was talking about.
Sometimes your hand can still clog (that happened to me), and you need to your opponent do the first move, until then you can only search and keep searching.

And, since it was stated that Crow will in Arc-v... Crow and Shun will met, and both will make the ultimate spam deck!!!
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 21:47   Link #1017
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossheart View Post
^and that's what i was talking about.
Sometimes your hand can still clog (that happened to me), and you need to your opponent do the first move, until then you can only search and keep searching.

And, since it was stated that Crow will in Arc-v... Crow and Shun will met, and both will make the ultimate spam deck!!!
And then on the last Summon, they get hit by Torrential Tribute. lol
Old 2015-04-01, 01:07   Link #1018
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Built-in protection is also asking too much unless the Summoning requirements are balanced for it and/or it's not as strong in other areas.
This is more or less the point though (albeit it's the other way around). They have everything but the ability to establish a strong board, which they are in desperate need of.
With versatile additions like Fuzzy Lanius, they can constantly go +2 every turn and potentially spam 3x Lv.4s. All for what? A searcher with 0 field presence and a bunch of low stats boss monsters that die to all sort of imaginable removals + normal summoned monsters. (because of the restrictions on fuzzy)
Thank the lord Horakhty they at least have Zerofyne to help them against some match ups.

Meanwhile, other 3x Lv.4 spammer can Ptolemaios -> Nova -> Infinity.
Old 2015-04-01, 03:04   Link #1019
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Source?
Only current information was talking about April 5, and thus episode 50.
I misremembered the date,sorry.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 05:17   Link #1020
hamazura
whatever

Madolche Creampie hype!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNFWmkTZGuo
lol