AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 17:51   Link #2221
Nagumo
Random Translator

I used the word "junkie" to reflect my thoughts on the seriousness of the pathology that afflicts Nanoha.

Despite knowing full well it could kill or cripple her if she works too hard, people who love her and want her stay alive and the fact she has a kid yet she still insists that she can still fight at full power...

I mean, after her spiel, she kind of tacks on Vivio near the end but she doesn't say "I'll give up fighting for her sake" but rather "I'll keep kicking ass but make sure I don't die beacause of Vivio".
Old 2009-10-09, 21:15   Link #2222
Nagumo
Random Translator

22 - 4nin no Ketsui
22 – The resolve/determination (final decision) of the four.

Subaru: Our days at Mobile Six, our days of combat training…
Nanoha: Well then, Exceed~!
Subaru: GEAR EXCELLION!!
S+N: DRIVE!!
Mach Caliber: Ignition.
Teana: Our days of meetings and clashes…
Vita: You’re going to be utilizing your magic in the most efficient way possible with only a little bit of mana. You should be able to do the same things but with half the magic.
Teana: Yes ma’am
Vita: If you can do this, then Nanoha will teach you the next skill. Now come on and get to it!
Teana: Here I go!
Caro: The things that we were taught, the things we were shown…
Fate: Come on Caro, faster, stronger, further!
Caro: Yes ma’am.
Erio: The path we have been entrusted with and for us to go forth upon….
Signum: You’re still too slow! Rely upon/trust your speed/acceleration, punch/pierce through with your entire body!
Erio: Yes ma’am! YARGH!!!
Nanoha: Good Subaru, more.
Subaru: Here I come, Full power! SHINDOUKEN (Vibration Fist)!
Nanoha: Raising Heart.
RH: Protection.
Vita: Subaru, broke through Nanoha’s barrier?
Teana: In one shot?!
Nanoha: Good job Subaru, but still not (good) enough.
Subaru: Yes ma’am! Beyond what we’ve been taught, we will continue to grow stronger. With memories/experiences and strength we received, we can now teach/tell other people. This is what we can do.
Old 2009-10-09, 22:01   Link #2223
Nagumo
Random Translator

Hello everyone, I've been doing some organizing at the Nanoha Sound Stage translation thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85192

I've put up some old translations of the megami magazine stuff and put it according to the Nanohaverse timeline.
Old 2009-10-10, 11:30   Link #2224
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

The 1st Radio StrikerS was aired today.

The host in this program is Takahashi Mikako and the guest in this time is Tamura Yukari.News about The MOVIE 1st seemed to be spoken(The movie will be over 2 hours and so on...).The next week guest is Mizuki Nana.

This program is aired on every Saturday by 6 radio stations in Japan and the same content is to be uploaded in Nico Nico Douga 2 days later.

If you are interested in this radio program and you have a Niconico account,please visit ニコニコアニメCH(Nico Nico Anime Channel).It is uploaded at about JST 19:00 of every Monday.

Last edited by JINNSK; 2009-10-10 at 12:07.
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 17:31   Link #2225
Nagumo
Random Translator

StrikerS SS04
19 - Futari no Shinro
19 – The future of the two

Subaru: Okay, well then, let’s go train!
Teana: Yes.
Rein: Private First Class Subaru Nakajima, Private First Class Teana Lanster, please come up to the Captain’s/Commander’s quarters.
S+T: Hm?

Hayate: Ah, thanks for your hard work. Before you go train, there’s something I want to discuss with you.
Rein: It’s about your future deployments/assignments after Mobile Six demobilizes/disbands.
Teana: Yes ma’am.
Hayate: First you, Teana. The Enforcer Aide exam you took, you passed with flying colors. A hundred percent, perfect score. As previously planned, you will work with Captain Fate as her second Enforcer Aide/Assistant and learn about the duties of an Enforcer.
Rein: Are there any questions?
Teana: No, not at all.
Rein: And you, Subaru.
Subaru: Yes?
Rein: You see, Subaru, a scout came for you.
Subaru: A scout?
Hayate: Special Rescue Team/Squad. They’re responsible for maritime districts/sectors in southern Mid.
Rein: It mainly deals with disaster relief and rescue. The skills you learned as an Attacker with Mobile Six will be very handy/useful.
Hayate: The maritime sector/district has to work in the most difficult land and sea conditions out there. You’re good at swimming right, Subaru?
Subaru: Yes ma’am. I can swim up to 20 kilometres continuously, and I can dive without an air tank (equipment) for up to an hour easily.
Hayate: It appears that you caught their eye when you participating in the Cradle rescue mission. Once Vice Captain Vita handed/sent over the paperwork, it piqued the interest of the personnel director.
Subaru: I see.
Hayate: Well, you don’t have to answer right away. Let’s see, you should decide by next week.
Subaru: Yes ma’am.
Rein: While you’re thinking up waterproofing modifications for Mach Calibre and Revolver Knuckle. We’ll be waiting for you.
Subaru: Yes ma’am
Teana: Congratulations Subaru.
Subaru: I’m happy but…
Teana: Hm?
Subaru: This’ll be the first time I’ll be separated from Teana...
Teana: Before we met at Training School, I was just a stranger (an unknown face) to you.
Subaru: That’s true but…
Teana: And it’s not as if we’re going to be so far away we won’t be able to call each other. We can see each other any time we want.
Subaru: You’re right but it’s going to be lonely.
Teana: And you’ll be separated from Nanoha-san too.
Subaru: Yeah.
Teana: Rescue is with Ground Forces, and the Airforce/Aerial Tactical Training Corps is at HQ. There might not be much of an opportunity to see each other.
Subaru: Hm…
Teana: But that’s still months ahead into the future, you should just concentrate on learning from Nanoha-san as much as you can with the time left.
Subaru: That’s true.
Erio: Ah, thanks for your hard work!
Caro: Thanks for your hard work!
Subaru: Sorry for the wait.
Erio: What was that announcement about?
Teana: It’s about our future deployments/new assignments. I passed the Enforcer Aide exam. And Subaru got scouted by maritime/port/harbor district/sector Rescue Team/Squad.
Caro: Rescue? Amazing!
Erio: Congratulations.
Subaru: Thanks a lot Erio, Caro.
Teana: Now that you know, let’s…
Subaru: Oh sorry, could we head to the doctor’s office/nursing station/medical first? I want to get a first aid kit.
Caro: Oh, me too.
Teana: Well, let’s go the doctor’s office/nursing station/medical first then.
Erio: Yes.
Old 2009-10-10, 20:52   Link #2226
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
StrikerS SS04

Subaru: Yes ma’am. I can swim up to 20 kilometres continuously, and I can dive without an air tank (equipment) for up to an hour easily.
I like when these things drop interesting info about character abilities. So Subaru can swim at 20 kph and has a built-in oxygen tank/rebreather/whatever...
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 21:07   Link #2227
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
WONDERBORG! TRANSFORM! FORM OF A SUBMARINE!

Being a combat cyborg sure comes in handy...
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 21:15   Link #2228
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm just surprised she and the other combat cyborgs don't just sink in the water.
Old 2009-10-10, 21:21   Link #2229
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Why would someone build combat cyborgs who have super drowning skills? That'd 'cause a whole load of problems and it's not like they're not technologically advanced enough to make them water compatible.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 21:22   Link #2230
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm just surprised she and the other combat cyborgs don't just sink in the water.
Well, if she can swim at 20 kph, she probably simply overcomes her negative buoyancy (if any; her cyborg parts might be made of lightweight but strong magitech or sci-fi materials that don't weigh any more than human muscle and bone of the same volume, or she might even include buoyancy tanks in there somewhere) by force.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 21:27   Link #2231
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I like when these things drop interesting info about character abilities. So Subaru can swim at 20 kph and has a built-in oxygen tank/rebreather/whatever...
She just has a heavily reinforced body and a multi-lung. And probably the rest of the 22 Space Marine organ upgrades and more that even the God Emperor of Man forgot to include but the Sankt Kaiser of Belka remembered.
Old 2009-10-11, 04:42   Link #2232
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Well, if she can swim at 20 kph, [snip]
Not necessarily. It's possible that she would run out of air before getting tired, so she would only be able to swim for 20km continuously with an air tank. Still, it would be pretty cool if she could.

Clearly, magitek cyborgs are much lighter than conventional tech ones... I'm reminded of Ghost in the Shell, where Kusanagi mentions that she would just sink if her floatation devices failed while diving.

@MeisterBabylon: Spess Muhreen Subaru? Win...
prescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 11:45   Link #2233
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
First time doing this... Hooray! It works!

This is why you don't let the Queens of Magical Overkill go against each other. XD

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 20:02   Link #2234
Nagumo
Random Translator

StrikerS SS04
08 - Lightning Tai
08 – Lightning Team

Caro: Well then.
Erio: That’s all for today’s report.
Fate: Yes, thanks for your hard work. So ends our duties for today.
E+C: Thank you for your hard work.
Fate: Have you gotten used to your regular duties?
Erio: I’m not used to not being on 24 hour call/duty, it feels very strange.
Caro: Me too.
Fate: But just in a little while, we’ll be going on our 24 hour break. Then we can sort of spend our day as a normal family.
E+C: Yes.
Caro: Oh that reminds me, about Vivio, she said something very interesting.
Erio: I have two mamas’ all to myself but…
Caro: But we only have one mama, Fate-san, to ourselves. So when we want to be with Fate-mama, Vivio will be with Nanoha-mama only.
Fate: She said that?
Erio: I think she’s trying to be considerate to us.
Caro: So sometimes, can we kindly refuse her?
Erio: Is that all right?
Fate: Of course it’s all right. When that happens, let’s all tell her together. Oh, it’s time for you to go.
E+C: Yes.
Fate: Did you get your maritime/sea flight clearance?
Caro: Yes, we received it from Griffith-san
Erio: Well, we’ll be gone for a little bit.
Fate: Okay then, have a safe trip.

Erio: Once we get to our dorms and change our clothes, we’ll go out.
Caro: I’ll call over Fried too.
Alto: Oh, Lightning duo, thanks for your hard work!
E+C: Thanks for your hard work.
Alto: Are you two going off somewhere?
Erio: Yes, just a little face to face visit.
Caro: To the Central/Main Isolation Ward/Facility.

Last edited by Nagumo; 2009-10-11 at 20:43.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 22:20   Link #2235
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Vivio's so cute. ;_;
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
The host in this program is Takahashi Mikako and the guest in this time is Tamura Yukari.News about The MOVIE 1st seemed to be spoken(The movie will be over 2 hours and so on...).The next week guest is Mizuki Nana.
Argh, only about half a day 'til I can hear it then. I kept giggling listening to this and that.
And now the idea of Musical A's is stuck in my head. I demand mini bursts of rap from Yukarin/Nanoha!
lol, kind of dreading Nana as co-host next week. She seems more fun to make fun of than hearing her say fun things. Cue ep 350 of Smile Gang.

Spoiler for MIND AS JUDGEMENT:

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 10:49   Link #2236
Nagumo
Random Translator

StrikerS SS04

Don't be sad Hayate! We know you were shafted pretty bad!

06 - Hayate to Verossa
06 – Hayate and Verossa

Verossa: Oh I see, Vivio’s going to go to school soon.
Hayate: Yeah, and according to her physical, her age is just about right for a first year student.
Verossa: Alright, here you go Hayate. I’ve made some delicious tea for you, and it goes wonderfully well with this millefueille
Hayate: Oh thank you… Er, Rossa, as you can see I’m working right now.
Verossa: I know.
Hayate: I’m glad you’ve come to visit and all, but do you specifically come to people’s office/workplace just to eat desserts/snacks and chat.
Verossa: You should take a break for tea time at least. Rest is important you know.
Hayate: Hearing that from perpetually taking a break Rossa is not particularly convincing.
Verossa: You’re terrible. I even prepared jam that goes well with tea.
Hayate: I’m happy to hear that but I want to remedy my mistakes/errors/failures during the Scaglietti Incident/Case
Verossa: Errors/Mistakes? You, the miraculous Division’s (the Division of Miracles) commander, who defeated the Cradle and arrested Scaglietti?
Hayate: That’s thanks to our division’s Ace and Strikers. I didn’t do a thing. As a mage and as a temporary/special commander responsible, I was terrible at managing/handling the situation (alt: derelict in my duties). And I didn’t arrive in time for the final decisive battle. If Subaru or Teana hadn’t come to save me, who knows what would have happened.
Verossa: Well, if you’re going feel depressed about it (doubt yourself), then doubt fully. The reason why you can doubt your skills/capabilities and faults/incompetence, become hesitant and worry is because the world is at peace, and there’s no imminent danger with lives at risk.
Hayate: Hn…
Verossa: Worry as much as you can, and when you feel you can’t cope, then give up and leave/cry. So even if you can no longer feel proud of being in the TSAB, there are many other ways to live (paths to take). (bad translation)
Hayate: Hm.
Verossa: You should take it easy/slow. You don’t want to trip and not be able get up/recover any more because you’re running around all the time.
Hayate: Hn:
Verossa: Not only do we have always worrying Carim, there’s also Chrono-kun and me. You’re older brothers’ worries about you, our always snarky, and stubborn little sister.
Hayate: Heh. I can’t make others worry. Sorry about that, thanks Rossa.
Verossa: No problem/you’re welcome. Now have some tea before it gets cold.
Hayate: Yes, thanks for the tea. That reminds me, how is Chrono-kun? Busy as usual?
Verossa: It seems that things have settled down in HQ. Despite that it appears that he’s communicating with Colonel Nakajima
Old 2009-10-12, 10:58   Link #2237
Aaron008R

Ooh! Contrary to my expectations, Acous could actually be quite stern himself!

I didn't understand most of the conversation whten I listened and thought it was just him comforting her, but it turned out it was actually him dressing down Hayate mildly...

Wait, that doesn't sound right.

*HRAESVELGR'D*

Anyways, thanks, Nagumo!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 11:47   Link #2238
Nagumo
Random Translator

04 - Stars Tai no Kyuuka Plan
04 – Stars Squad’s/team’s Break/Vacation Plan

Teana: Ah, I’m so stiff… I can’t move…
Caro: Tea-san, hang in there. I’ll bring your dinner to you.
Subaru: Hey Tea, don’t get lazy/skip out. We all have to help.
Teana: I heard you… Seriously…
Erio: I thought we’ve improved a lot but I guess we’re nowhere near as good as the Captains.
Subaru: Well, personally, I think that can’t be helped.
Caro: Oh Erio-kun, can you put this plate over there?
Teana: Only just a bit more and I can hit. Ah, how frustrating!
Subaru: You’re right.
Caro: Okay, everything’s prepared/ready!
Subaru: Well then!
All: Thanks for the meal!
Subaru: I think we’ll be having two mock combat practices during this week. I kind of want to win once.
Teana: What are you talking about? If we’re going to practice twice, we’re going win twice!
Erio: Let’s aim for that!
Subaru: Oh, our Guard is all determined!
Caro: Um, Subaru-san, Teana-san, make sure you don’t get injured during your break.
Subaru: Huh?
Teana: Break?
Erio: Um, could it be that you’ve forgotten already?
Caro: The day after tomorrow, Stars team/squad is supposed to go on a three-day break.
S+T: Uh… AH!!!
Vita: I told you two at the beginning of the month, to remember this month’s schedule… Don’t forget, you morons!
Teana: S-sorry…
Vita: There shouldn’t be any significant emergency we can’t handle here (we won’t be calling you unless there an emergency we can’t handle). So there’s no limit on how far you want to go.
S+T:
Vita: But I’m sure it’ll be too late to plan out vacation reservations right now.
S+T: Erg…
Subaru: Ah, what about Vice-Captain Vita? Are you on break too?
Vita: No, I had my schedule changed. You two will be on break with Captain Nanoha.
Teana: I see...
Woman: Vice Captain Vita, there’s a guest for you here. A personnel director from the Maritime Special Rescue
Vita: Yeah, I’ll be there soon. And that’s the story, but don’t you slack off this week ‘cause you’re on break. When you get back to work, you better be ready to work harder.
S+T: Yes ma’am!
Subaru: Oh, a break! And for three days!
Teana: I don’t have any particular place I want to go to. What are you going to do?
Subaru: Hm, oh I think I’ll go and visit my mom’s grave!
Teana: I see. I guess I’ll do the same and visit my older brother’s grave.
Subaru: That reminds me, where is Teana’s older brother’s grave at anyways?
Teana: Oh, way over on the other side of Elusia. Port Fall Memorial Garden, #19.
Subaru: You’re joking… That’s where my family’s grave is at, Port Fall Memorial Garden.
Teana: My family’s in the District 5, Lot 16
Subaru: The same district, ours is in Lot 24.
Teana: So close…
Subaru: Ah, I see now.
Teana: Talk about coincidence (You gotta to be kidding me)…
Old 2009-10-12, 11:52   Link #2239
Nagumo
Random Translator

With this, StrikerS SS04 is pretty much done. Just need to wait for OrderNorChaos with track 3. Similarly StrikerS SS03 will be done when Password recovers from the Biblical disaster that has happened.
Old 2009-10-12, 19:49   Link #2240
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
The 1st Radio StrikerS was aired today.

This program is aired on every Saturday by 6 radio stations in Japan and the same content is to be uploaded in Nico Nico Douga 2 days later.

If you are interested in this radio program and you have a Niconico account,please visit ニコニコアニメCH(Nico Nico Anime Channel).It is uploaded at about JST 19:00 of every Monday.
Can I get a link directly to the radio show? Navigating through nico is still kinda tough.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music