AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-27, 09:35   Link #321
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I'd be indeed be a shame if the manga ends this early. Only Kappa face and Kei had development(I mean their relationship). Sigh; I wonder why would they be canning such a great series though.?
Old 2008-04-27, 17:17   Link #322
Dhaos

I loved chapter 29, it was a little unexpected for me. But if the rumors are true i can understand it. she ant to end all story in one arc.

If i remember correctly, ichigo 100% was the only manga of the author tha wasn't stopped right after the start of the serialization.

Well, i will be a little sad if this stop in the neary future because i thought that it was interresting to introduce a lot of character.
Old 2008-04-27, 17:47   Link #323
LCeh

I would rather see Hunter x Hunter dropped than this or Mx0. I mean come on, even though HxH was popular, who cares about it now? I can't seriously believe more people are interested in HxH than Mx0 or Hatsukoi.
Old 2008-04-27, 19:07   Link #324
phyxius
Putting To Fly

So put it this way. The one who posted this rumour, how many times has he been wrong?

Why I'm asking is cause I've read that he's pretty much a regular att posting such rumours about possible termination of manga series..

It would be a total waste to cancel this series IMO. Clearly there are more suitable manga for that, like others mentioned HxH or Poseidon (crap manga) or rather Psyren (can't really see the popularity there..).
Old 2008-04-27, 20:26   Link #325
ZODDGUTS

Right HXH is crap manga...

Anyways wherever if it's just rumor or not what we really know is that the ratings of this series on Shonen Jump magazine have been low. Shonen Jump has been trigger happy lately i.e. cancelling series that aren't popular on their magazine. So let's hope that the ratings for HL improve very quickly or it's bye bye.
Old 2008-04-28, 02:53   Link #326
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://members15.tsukaeru.net/hamada.../jump0820.html

Rating for reference
Old 2008-04-28, 05:38   Link #327
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Whats this... They are canning HL and Mx0 but not To-Love-RU? Blasphemy! But, yeah HxH sux now. The latest arc is like DBZ.
Old 2008-04-28, 07:20   Link #328
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
seeing stuff like naruto bleach and one piece in first place makes me sad in the pantz
Old 2008-04-28, 07:56   Link #329
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
seeing stuff like naruto bleach and one piece in first place makes me sad in the pantz
One Piece always deserves to be very in the top spot. Bleach on the other hand... well hey at least it's good for h-doujins so that should make you happy in the pantz. Oh and HXH like DBZ lol the only simiraties is how the main villain looks like Cell but other then that not even close in plotlines for the fact there's an actual plotline in HXH.

Anyways about HL I doubt that Shonen Jump gives a rat ass about the quality of the series if their readers aren't interested in reading it what makes you think their gonna keep the series? Same goes if the manga-ka had a previous popular series you think their gonna keep the series because of that? Hell they've cancelled not just one but two series by the guy who made Kenshin which was very popular but his next two works weren't all that popular so they got the axe. The author of HL is no different her previous may have been popular but what matters is her current work which isn't popular at all. So the series getting the axe isn't all that surprising if it isn't doing good at all.

Shame though would have loved if the series lasted a bit longer since I cared for several of the characters. I think it would have been a better idea if the manga-ka had introduced the characters in mini-acrs instead of just one chapter because it would have made the readers easier to remember the characters and would have gotten to know the characters better as well. Oh and the fact that there was too many damn characters didn't exactly help either.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2008-04-28 at 08:23.
Old 2008-04-28, 10:02   Link #330
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i'm glad i'm into light novels, no way those are going to get axed any time soon.

Old 2008-05-10, 20:25   Link #331
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Just finished chapter 30. Another chapter loaded w/ confessions left and right. Damn. Oh and seems like Yuuji is finally getting over his sister complex thing. I don't see this series ending anytime soon. Well at least in a few more chapters. Maybe another 2-3 volumes of this series and It'll be good.
Old 2008-05-10, 21:01   Link #332
LCeh

I don't know whether the rumor of getting axed is true or not, but either way, I like the pacing of the last few chapters. If this really is axed, then it's a damn shame, but if it isn't, then let's hope the author keeps the development at this pace instead of dragging things out. Either way, I hope this series will at least go for another 20-30 chaps.
Old 2008-05-15, 17:57   Link #333
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Just read the second chapter of the omake. pretty short but a fun read, I still love the art style (maybe because of the fine ecchi level ). If HL won't be cancelled i'd love to see more about this side story, very entertaining.
Old 2008-05-16, 18:09   Link #334
LCeh

Chap 31:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-16, 18:20   Link #335
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Chap 31:

Spoiler:
Got no problem with that. Both Zaitsu and Bessho are just a bunch emo's jesus enough with the sad faces ugh!
Old 2008-05-16, 19:04   Link #336
phyxius
Putting To Fly

Quote:
Chap 31:

Spoiler:
It was pointed out that there was never going to be "that" kind of relationship between her and, either, Yoshihiko or Mamoru for that matter.
She, Yamamoto, said this in ch20, maybe not word for word but she clearly denied their affection for her in a sense that she was never going to feel the same way towards them.

I've come upon a translation/scanlation which doesn't implicate this.. In the RAW she clearly denied their affection.
Old 2008-05-16, 22:39   Link #337
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyxius View Post
It was pointed out that there was never going to be "that" kind of relationship between her and, either, Yoshihiko or Mamoru for that matter.
She, Yamamoto, said this in ch20, maybe not word for word but she clearly denied their affection for her in a sense that she was never going to feel the same way towards them.

I've come upon a translation/scanlation which doesn't implicate this.. In the RAW she clearly denied their affection.
I know she had no feelings for either of them, but then if things always go the way it was initially, there would never be a story.

But it is going to take a miracle to change things now since Arihara has actually responded to her.
Old 2008-05-17, 03:30   Link #338
phyxius
Putting To Fly

Quote:
I know she had no feelings for either of them, but then if things always go the way it was initially, there would never be a story.

But it is going to take a miracle to change things now since Arihara has actually responded to her.
Figured it was something like that.

Well, I'm not exactly displeased with the current relations between Yuuji and Misaki^^. Always rooted for them to hook up.
Old 2008-05-17, 04:10   Link #339
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

at the last page it was said that..

"get ready for a lot of thank you's(rough translation)"

it seems that this series, too, is preparing itself for its end.(and i thought it was going to run for another 10-20 chapters or so)
Old 2008-05-17, 06:15   Link #340
Dhaos

I liked chapter 31. It seems that this story is having good pace now. I think that it is great. However i would like the author to have the time to correctly each story
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen