Originally Posted by the p-man View Post
my prediction:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 15:39   Link #242
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I hope they stay dead. I'm not a fan of bringing people back alive whether they are really dead or presume dead.
Old 2012-01-27, 18:13   Link #243
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by the p-man View Post
my prediction:
Spoiler:
It'd be boring. As SFG said, bringing out the dead isn't pretty original. Rather, I want to see the dead bodies back to Japan and Hina learning the truth.
Old 2012-01-27, 19:21   Link #244
Johnny
Working the bags...

Plus I doubt it would turn into a fight. Both Yuuta and Yuri doesn't seem to be the type to do that to each other...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 22:14   Link #245
Athena
The Power of One

As a side note, just watched the anime (finally) and noticed how Sora looks like Haruhi...

Anyone got spoilers for the new volume?
Old 2012-01-29, 08:36   Link #246
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just read chapter 6 of volume 1...
Spoiler for comment:
Old 2012-01-29, 10:00   Link #247
tsunade666

^ that's why kira/flere (not sure on who said it) said that vol 2 won't be a comparison to vol 1 climax which is really good.
Old 2012-01-29, 10:43   Link #248
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

^It was larethian.

So from vol 2 onward they will live on the Takanashi house on Ikebukuro again, and free from most of their problem, especially financial one? I honestly thought they will stay on Yuuta's dorm room and have to face their problems for longer time, maybe since I've watched the anime and read the mangas first (which the main manga and almost all of the spin-offs made me think like that ^^a).

By the way, just curious, by the end of vol 8 (since I'm assuming no one her has read vol 9 yet ^^), is there any statement/explanation how much time has passed since Yuri and Shingo gone MIA?
Old 2012-01-29, 11:44   Link #249
l.kostas

^ Maybe free from the living space problem, so that the author can concetrate on the relationship of Yuuta with his nieces and other people around him. This is an older post from Kira:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Finished up to 5 (as price, I lost 3 hours of sleep. )

Basically, if I do a comparison of anime and mangas I know, it's like a Ro-Kyu-Bu setting with emphasis on how the protagonist manages to live with the three girls.

Spoiler for Volumes 1-5:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 12:06   Link #250
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
By the way, just curious, by the end of vol 8 (since I'm assuming no one her has read vol 9 yet ^^), is there any statement/explanation how much time has passed since Yuri and Shingo gone MIA?
I bet that it'd be about April at the end of V9, since a Christmas and a Valentine's day passed. Unless it's like Conan,where there's like 5 Christmas and 4 Valentine's day and the MC stiill in 1st grade.

BTW, I do not particularily agree on Larethian for the V1>V2 climax, but well, you guys will see that.
Old 2012-01-29, 13:57   Link #251
larethian

Quote:
I bet that it'd be about April at the end of V9, since a Christmas and a Valentine's day passed. Unless it's like Conan,where there's like 5 Christmas and 4 Valentine's day and the MC stiill in 1st grade.

BTW, I do not particularily agree on Larethian for the V1>V2 climax, but well, you guys will see that.
Kira, it's good to share 'why' from your perspective at least.

(Incidentally, I've told Zephyrus and Freedom before starting the project that my collab is only for v1, so it's up to them for the rest of the series unless the series deals me another great blow; my favorite project right now is Mahouka, which takes me about 5 times as much time to translate the same amount of words.)

I think it's not just the climax, but on the whole, volume 2 is kind of weak. The afterword kind of confirms my suspicion about a few things about the author's plans when he said that this is the most difficult volume he has ever written in his writing career (which implies to me that while he might have a macro plan, he wasn't quite sure how to do the micro parts to engage the readers).

Why v2 has a weaker climax and a weaker story:
Spoiler for v2 & v1 spoilers:

Of course, this doesn't mean that future volumes will be weak (in my personal perspective only). But for now, despite having gotten v9, I won't be reading it until 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and I'm putting this on hold on my reading list due to my busy schedule and the fact that I need to read the last volume of Seitokai first.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-01-29 at 21:14. Reason: spelling error
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 14:57   Link #252
Athena
The Power of One

Well, here's my point.

Spoiler for :

quod erat demonstrandum

Personally, volume 4 is my favorite. However, I find volume 2 quite fine, and the introduction of new characters too.
Old 2012-01-29, 16:01   Link #253
Undertaker

Personally my issues with v2 is that

Spoiler for V2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
^It was larethian.

So from vol 2 onward they will live on the Takanashi house on Ikebukuro again, and free from most of their problem, especially financial one? I honestly thought they will stay on Yuuta's dorm room and have to face their problems for longer time, maybe since I've watched the anime and read the mangas first (which the main manga and almost all of the spin-offs made me think like that ^^a).

Money is still issue:

Spoiler for Money&time:
Old 2012-01-29, 18:34   Link #254
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Spoiler:
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 19:52   Link #255
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

BTW; I haven't been able to find spoilers about volume 9 sans the usual short preview paragraph, bleh; I'm no good .
Old 2012-01-29, 20:51   Link #256
Undertaker

Yeah,

Spoiler for House:
Old 2012-01-29, 21:13   Link #257
larethian

By the way, if the spoilers are not labeled as to which volume it belongs to, I'll not open it. Just saying.

@Kira, I'm not saying it's a screwed up volume, but it was not really interesting to me, especially the first 3 or 4 chapters. Perhaps you are right that he only started planning since he just got a confirmed serialization. Anyway I've flipped through all the volume illustrations and will be looking forward to future volumes. Just tell me this, will I still feel like killing Daiki?

@Undertaker, actually, illogical and unrealistic events have been pretty glaring to me right at the start, so I've decided to ignore it (even though it can be tough at times ). Though I cannot remember whether it was the same with Mayoi Neko, or perhaps I didn't feel it since Mayoi Neko was one of the first LNs I started reading when my LN experience was low.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 23:40   Link #258
Athena
The Power of One

Lare, Daiki is the one created to have your anger thrown at. Can't help it.
Old 2012-01-30, 11:09   Link #259
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just read the epilogue, now I even more sure of the anime's ending

I also felt that Yuuta's dream is really what happen to Yuri and Shingo, lol.
By the way I kinda dislike when Yuuta threw the map of Yuri and Shingo's grave to the trash bin. I know Yuuta believes that both of them are still alive hence he doesn't want to go to their grave, but I don't know, maybe it's just me but it feel rude to Shingo's brother wish whom already got soft to him and helped him. He could just put it somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Money is still issue:

Spoiler for Money&time:
Well that's what I meant, at least their primary living expenses were covered by the help of the Yachiko and the relatives. Yuuta will only has to struggle when it comes to his and the girls's extra expenses. But yeah, providing three girls still a helluva heavy works for a college student like Yuuta

Btw up to V8, has Yuuta reached 20 and officially become the girls's guardian?
Old 2012-01-30, 12:37   Link #260
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Lare, Daiki is the one created to have your anger thrown at. Can't help it.
I read some chinesse summaries and I found him annoying, very annoying.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, romance, sd bunko, shounen