AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2015-06-28, 23:08   Link #61
wredsa

I do not get why people are complaining about this ova series. I am thoroughly enjoying it though it took a long time to come to conclusion.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 00:50   Link #62
Zero Gravity
~

People aren't complaining about this series. There's really only one.
Old 2015-06-30, 09:38   Link #63
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Is the bluray for this episode available for US purchasers now too? I.e. - does it come with english subs? Been waiting for this episode for so friggin long...only because it has lelouch in it!
Old 2015-06-30, 12:52   Link #64
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I am so confused. Is this Euro Brittannia gonna fight against Brittannia AND Europia(?) now?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 13:46   Link #65
stardrago

Now that this is properly released, can anyone tell me what the picture drama that came with this is about?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 15:51   Link #66
wredsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I am so confused. Is this Euro Brittannia gonna fight against Brittannia AND Europia(?) now?
I think Shin recognized Julius as Zero, but Suzaku is denying it, thus Suzaku and Shin are fighting.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 17:02   Link #67
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Seems so... Euro Britanna (UK) is a "colony" of the the Holy Britannia Empire(in our world USA) ruled by Charles (Lelouch father), and they are at war with the European Union (France and rest of europe excluding UK).

Now Shin/Shaing? is "declaring" independence of Euro Britanna from the Holy Britannia Empire and is going at war with them and the European Union. We have to see what Shaing is planning in the next episodes. IF he wants to become King of Euro Britannia or whatever...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 23:07   Link #68
Zero Gravity
~

Oh my God, the Geass Witches are Time Lords.

They even choose a temporary traveling companion, then move on to a new one once the old ones fall away.

All jest aside, it looks like Shin and Suzaku are now in cahoots of some sort. Because obviously Shin didn't kill Lelouch, and Suzaku didn't kill/ arrest Shin.
Old 2015-07-01, 22:12   Link #69
kaiser11492

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Seems so... Euro Britanna (UK) is a "colony" of the the Holy Britannia Empire(in our world USA) ruled by Charles (Lelouch father), and they are at war with the European Union (France and rest of europe excluding UK).

Now Shin/Shaing? is "declaring" independence of Euro Britanna from the Holy Britannia Empire and is going at war with them and the European Union. We have to see what Shaing is planning in the next episodes. IF he wants to become King of Euro Britannia or whatever...
Euro-Britannia as far as we know is mainly in control of Russia, Belarus, the Baltic States, and Turkey. The British Isles are part of the European Union.

It also seems to function more like a puppet-state more than a colony. We see that Euro-Britannia is self-governing since it has its own House of Lords and command structure. Nevertheless, Britannia can basically overrule any of their decisions as indicated by Julius Kingsley's actions.
kaiser11492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 10:24   Link #70
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I finally got around to seeing this! Wow that first half was boring and dumb, at least the second half sort of made up for it with conspiracies and that nice knightmare fight (is it just me or does Lancelot look better in CGI?). That jazz music still isn't fitting.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 18:51   Link #71
bakato

Seriously, how big are these palaces that knightmares can fight in them?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 11:00   Link #72
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I finally got around to seeing this! Wow that first half was boring and dumb, at least the second half sort of made up for it with conspiracies and that nice knightmare fight (is it just me or does Lancelot look better in CGI?). That jazz music still isn't fitting.
I think the Knightmare Frames in general look much better with 3D CG. And whoever's in charge of directing the fights and battles is doing a fantastic job as well.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 11:02   Link #73
Flames

I'm not surprised if they are going into Multiverse with this madness with what has been somewhat been imply in this ep. I wonder if Shin comes from some other timeline since it is imply he is some kind of abnormality that shouldn't be there. Which raises questions on what is his goal and true ties with Akito.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 04:49   Link #74
The 48th Ronin

If what granny said is true, the Leila's the one that will save Akito from Shin's curse. *ship radar opens*

And Euro Britannia wants to pull a United States. In Russia. Irony indeed.

Well, aside from the predictable revelation, this episode is pretty good.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 04:36   Link #75
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
Abnormal fixation against certain elements of the plot aside..

If I recall correctly -years and years ago- there was talk about an OVA movie in planning that would be a remake of R2. This was due to the fact that R2 was rushed/ derailed mid season, and the quality of animation had degraded. It was said that it would not ultimately alter any of the eventualities of the series, but it would more gracefully address the plot line.

Personally? I'd welcome a remake of R2, so long as it did not alter any of the major outcomes. And no, that does not mean they would immortalize Lelouch.

Because I'd travel to Japan and personally destroy the animation files if they did.
Negating Zero Requiem (a la the alt. end of Super Robot Wars Saisei Hen) would be welcome.

That he was used here as Julius Kingsley by his father makes his betrayal in R2 just plain disproportionate retribution.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 01:57   Link #76
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Negating Zero Requiem (a la the alt. end of Super Robot Wars Saisei Hen) would be welcome.

That he was used here as Julius Kingsley by his father makes his betrayal in R2 just plain disproportionate retribution.
Agreed.
I just finished ep 3, and while the anime is a wee bit better, the whole Julius Kingsley thing isn't helping.
I am waiting to see what they do with him and where this goes.
No doubt at least one portion of the Code Geass fanbase will be up in arms about it.
Old 2015-07-09, 08:58   Link #77
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post

SRW games are expected to make changes, especially when it comes to letting you play with the same characters through multiple entries and avoid canon deaths. That's business as usual there. I wouldn't be against remaking R2, for different reasons, although it's rather unlikely to happen.

Aside from the Emperor and Suzaku, nobody outside of Europe even knows about Julius Kingsley, much less that he was Lelouch.

Suzaku's contradictions are already well known, but he probably still thinks this suffering is nothing compared to Euphemia's fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Agreed.
I just finished ep 3, and while the anime is a wee bit better, the whole Julius Kingsley thing isn't helping.
I am waiting to see what they do with him and where this goes.
No doubt at least one portion of the Code Geass fanbase will be up in arms about it.
Considering Julius Kingsley essentially broke down and lost his position of authority...events are already moving beyond him.

For that matter, the spoilers found in the topic for Part 4 also confirm that fears of him taking over the story were largely exaggerated.

If anything, I expect that more people will be "up in arms" about his importance diminishing so quickly. Not me, mind you. I prefer it this way.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2015-07-09 at 09:12.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 20:16   Link #78
Zero Gravity
~

Does anybody know the name of the music that plays from 54:38-55:59? I can't seem to find it on the OST.
Old 2015-07-13, 08:22   Link #79
SakurazukaJames

I found the slow, easygoing parts of this OVA enjoyable. It was interesting to learn that none of the Japanese characters are actually from Japan and I'm glad that Ayako gave Akito her kodachi. Can't wait to see him use it and Ayako is becoming my favorite girl.

I will never apologize for enjoying fanservice.
SakurazukaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 19:43   Link #80
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so the end is in sight now? two more eps? one supposedly on july 4th and one in autumn? how many years are these two going to be delayed..

and yeah, i'm greatly enjoying this. it was great to see old characters, and the ED had a typical geass sound to it. have they used it previously?

also, spinzaku again.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote