Notices

Old 2011-07-19, 05:09   Link #5701
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

WENDY WHERE ARE YOU!!??

better clear that up next chapter
Old 2011-07-19, 19:20   Link #5702
ForteAnly

Where is Wendy maybe in Hades van somewhere. Like some mentioned maybe Hades is a lolicon. lol In all seriousness I am hoping we get some more action from Natsu and the others before someone else participates in the battle.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 00:01   Link #5703
TrueKnight

Chapter 244 is out and I have to say.... My inner Laxus fanboy is screaming with joy....
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 00:11   Link #5704
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

That Wendy save... came out of nowhere.

And Mashima, was it too much to at least not name your next chapter so obviously. I was counting the pages until Laxus's obvious arrival. :/

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 00:17   Link #5705
MAX_COLA_POWER!

a- Thank you Horologium for saving little Wendy, and for giving her new clothes to make her look badass for like 5 seconds-v-;;.

b- The title for next week, the Unbranded man, it's describing Laxus. He does not have Fairy Tail's mark anymore. He's there because he wants to be.

c- To summarize how I feel about this chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anweaEHjMD0 , and those are my final thoughts, suck on that Jerry Springer^^. (Just in case I liked the chapter, don't just say I hated it because of the title of the video)
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 00:41   Link #5706
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Yay wendys not dead Bloody time laxus came back his one of my fav characters now.
It was nice seeing Natsu almost dying with everyone watching..its usaully someone else
Old 2011-07-23, 00:49   Link #5707
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

the chapter title was obvious that Laxus is back so it wasn't surprising but its still good to see him again.
Old 2011-07-23, 00:52   Link #5708
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Pretty badass chapter overall. Laxus made a suitably epic appearance.
I have to admit that Wendy save was totally random, though they managed to slip in some humor as a result.

Also, naked loli in a box.
Old 2011-07-23, 00:59   Link #5709
TrueKnight

Hmm in my case I didn’t read the chapter’s title but I got the feeling Laxus was gonna made an appearance an entrance the moment they showed thundery clouds and Happy whining about it.

Now that we got Laxus I wonder how he’ll fare against Hades, seeing Hades just basically massacred the whole FT gang using his Liquid Snake Revolver-Ocelot MGS 4 look-a-like magic ‘Bangs’. At this point Laxus could possibly unleashes his Fairy Law and have its effect in full force against someone viewed as an ‘enemy’. That being said, I also imagine Laxus losing against Hades but will get help from Natsu & co, but I swear it would be lame if they use the generic Nakama power to beat Hades.

Another question is how did Laxus manage getting to the island? I assume he uses thunder as a medium and travels in ligtning speed but I hope it gets explained better in the next chapter.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 01:05   Link #5710
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Okay, when the hell did Hades turn into a frickin' gunslinger wannabe?!
Old 2011-07-23, 02:04   Link #5711
Bombo
TSF Fans

OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGGG laxus laxus laxus laxus laxus <3
I just so cheerful now <3
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 02:08   Link #5712
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I assume he uses thunder as a medium and travels in ligtning speed but I hope it gets explained better in the next chapter.
Well he did storm the ship as a thunderbolt...
Nice chapter, lots of badass vibes coming from Hades and his shining fingers, Natsu got beat up real bad this time.
Quote:
but I swear it would be lame if they use the generic Nakama power to beat Hades.
Don't see it happening this time around. I think that, while Luxus is indeed strong, he will only weaken Hades, and Zeref will be the one to deal the finishing blow. Seriously though, you just CAN'T have a fairy tail master saying "is this the power of fairy tail?", sounds ridiculous.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 02:10   Link #5713
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

aww... Wendy is saved in a strange way.... naked loli inside a clock and then just come back with full set of plain clothes (imagining 'dirty' things... xD) <--- Is it really important to do some shock therapy to all of us in the end of previous chapter??

anyway, Welcome Back Laxus.... (although it's already predictable).... XD
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 02:11   Link #5714
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why the hell did he make Wendy disappear? Just for that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 02:40   Link #5715
Casshern

Hades words made me more curious to learn what Fairy Tail was all about before Makarov took over. A dark past in Fairy Tail's history would be awesome imo.

As for the fight, I loved the Horologium part; I knew there had to be another use for him other than Lucy's emergency transportation, and he got his very first cool moment too. Hades is godly, as expected. I really like this villain. The Fairy gang gave their usual cheese-fest speech, but I actually found it really intense this time. I really liked it. I wasn't particularly excited about Laxus's appearance. With so many "Dynamic Entries" that I've seen it doesn't have the same impact it used to.

The drama throughout the chapter was epic, though I wish Erza had put up a bit more fight, while my inner shipper wanted Lucy to cry a little more for Natsu. If anyone is gonna lay the finishing blow on Hades, I want it to be Makarov more than Laxus, Zeref or anyone else. Ideally though, I'm hoping for a Hades victory with Fairy Tail barely managing to scrape away with their lives.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 02:57   Link #5716
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why the hell did he make Wendy disappear? Just for that?
Yeah, totally trolled, "first victim" my ass...and I liked her previous outfit more
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 03:29   Link #5717
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

my prediction for the next 2 chapters.

next ch: luxus kicking arse
the one after: luxus getting beaten then at the end Zeref will appear.

Then lucy and erza will have a lesbian moment and then......wait huh?? oops srry i got carried away there
Old 2011-07-23, 04:00   Link #5718
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
the chapter title was obvious that Laxus is back so it wasn't surprising but its still good to see him again.
It didn't need to be a surprise. At the end of the day it was classic Mashima badarse moment. I loved every second of it.
Old 2011-07-23, 05:17   Link #5719
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I was waiting for the Laxus moment ever since the 'inherit my will' bit several chapters back. I was not disappointed.

Sometimes, things don't have to be a surprise to be cool.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 08:20   Link #5720
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Chapter was ok(aside from ErzaxLucy tied up (thank you Hades ), but now I never flinch when members of Fairy Tail get dealt damage, it just feels so fake, because I know after a pep talk they'll get back up though they've been shot in the joints and no bleeding >.>..

Luxus better hold a mudhole stomping after he gets in his cool entrance first attacks and trump card move..

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen